Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Positivity

Read 19038 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Positivity
      Reply #46: Jun 12, 2015 04:20:15 pm

Don't have a glass anymore

Fsg sold it and brought me some sand, soda ash and limestone

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #47: Jun 12, 2015 04:25:36 pm
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #48: Jun 18, 2015 04:33:12 pm
      its friday tomorrow get in!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,302 posts | 6373 
      Reply #49: Jun 18, 2015 05:17:27 pm
      Can't say I'm positive, but I'm upbeat and hopeful.

That's about all I can muster at this point. The problem for me is...I was positive at the start of last season. I really thought we were going to come out the gates firing and pick up where we left off. Some of that was my own naivete.

So this year I'll see how the summer goes and then waffle between positive to cautiously optimistic.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #50: Jun 18, 2015 05:59:30 pm
      hat's about all I can muster at this point. The problem for me is...I was positive at the start of last season. I really thought we were going to come out the gates firing

To be honest I thought just the opposite; losing a Top 5 (in the world) player and adding so many new faces to the squad; I tempered my expectations greatly.

The season up until the last 8 weeks played out exactly like I thought it would; stumble out of the gate and then come on strong after January; just did not see the collapse at the end coming but I also did not think Studge would be out all year.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,520 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #51: Jun 19, 2015 09:09:15 am

Its friday now. Hifiverinio.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,401 posts | 3401 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #52: Jun 19, 2015 04:26:44 pm
      I'm positive we haven't lost for a couple of weeks !
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,289 posts | 763 
      Reply #53: Jun 19, 2015 07:12:21 pm
      The title Positivity is far better than all the Negativity that has been going on in this forum. We are Liverpool after all.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #54: Jun 19, 2015 08:36:19 pm
      I'm positive that if we don't beat Stoke 8-0 away in the first match, there will be people calling for the manager to be sacked.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #55: Jun 19, 2015 09:17:58 pm
      I'm positive that if we don't beat Stoke 8-0 away in the first match, there will be people calling for the manager to be sacked.

Isn't that a little bit negative Mick.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #56: Jun 19, 2015 09:48:36 pm
      Positive that i've bought my two lads the new kit tops ..
      (although they both declined to choose a name n number on the back :-\)

I'll be getting the odd new bit of new range LFC clobber for myself, may even treat herself to a top or two..

New car sticker maybe a new tie for work or even a new brew mug..

All in time for a new season which has to bring new optimism to us all... surely?...C'mon now...regardless of how some of us are feeling right now back here in mid June..

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that I'm positive about certain players finally getting their sh*t together and proving their worth..Lallana, Moreno, Markovic, Balotelli, Lovren .. something deep down inside me knows there is a good footballer in there somewhere that will come out and scare us all..

Despite an utter sh*te season there we're many times I saw some ace football from us , nice open play one touch attacking footy with good movement off the ball, we just lacked that killer instinct in the last third and having no target man who could turn a game on it's head. we suffered so badly from the, dare I say it, the Luis Hangover... :o

Can I be positive that the owners can see that missing void and be prepared to bust the bank to fill it? I dunno.. thats my gut feeling..
      but positive overall?.. Course I am.. Defo !!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #57: Jun 21, 2015 03:03:52 pm
      I'm positive we're unbeaten for almost a month now !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,520 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #58: Jun 22, 2015 08:21:22 am
      Positive that i've bought my two lads the new kit tops ..

Just ordered myself the training top. Actual strips too expensive the now, will wait a wee while for that.

so positivity Ive saved money. ;D
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #59: Jun 22, 2015 05:22:50 pm
      Quite a bit of business to be done before we can really know the intentions and quality the club are after, everything's been shook up, we've signed a few players already, deals getting made.
      Change is good and needed to happen, loads of fans would of rather they changed the manager as well but it hasn't happened so see if he gets his head back in order, and the teams mentality too.
      Lack of respect from a runt hasn't helped the atmosphere for the team I'd guess. Sell him, buy better quality, Onwards and upwards.

It seems loads of people just want our own manager to slip up so the daggers can come out and what? Is some random neckbeard off the internet going to take over as boss and sort it all out coz their playing a cracked version of FIFA 15 and know all the players stats?

We know he can get the team playing great football and it wasn't all down to Suarez. If we had Messi and Neymar? Would we have won the league? Yes we would have done.

We haven't got 200 million or a hundred million to spend on a single player. Last season we had to flesh out the squad, it was ridiculous how Brendan managed to nearly win us the league with that squad. Imagine what he could do with more quality and some of these players that "fans" have wrote off may show us why we bought them this coming season, along with the new additions.

Already excited, just fillin' the time until I can see us play. Wanna see who we sign too, cannot wait.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,520 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #60: Jun 24, 2015 07:57:04 am
      Quite a bit of business to be done before we can really know the intentions and quality the club are after, everything's been shook up, we've signed a few players already, deals getting made.
      Change is good and needed to happen, loads of fans would of rather they changed the manager as well but it hasn't happened so see if he gets his head back in order, and the teams mentality too.
      Lack of respect from a runt hasn't helped the atmosphere for the team I'd guess. Sell him, buy better quality, Onwards and upwards.

It seems loads of people just want our own manager to slip up so the daggers can come out and what? Is some random neckbeard off the internet going to take over as boss and sort it all out coz their playing a cracked version of FIFA 15 and know all the players stats?

We know he can get the team playing great football and it wasn't all down to Suarez. If we had Messi and Neymar? Would we have won the league? Yes we would have done.

We haven't got 200 million or a hundred million to spend on a single player. Last season we had to flesh out the squad, it was ridiculous how Brendan managed to nearly win us the league with that squad. Imagine what he could do with more quality and some of these players that "fans" have wrote off may show us why we bought them this coming season, along with the new additions.

Already excited, just fillin' the time until I can see us play. Wanna see who we sign too, cannot wait.

Signed Firmino, not too far off Neymar etc. so not to bad on the positivity front.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #61: Jun 24, 2015 11:18:16 am
      Firmiho fills me with Joy
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #62: Jun 24, 2015 11:19:01 am
      so far 4 players in and only spent 29mil,

sold Aspas to that fingure comes down to around 25mil spent so far
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,520 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #63: Jun 24, 2015 11:31:22 am
      so far 4 players in and only spent 29mil,

sold Aspas to that fingure comes down to around 25mil spent so far

Add money for sterling, balo & borini. Lambo will go cheap.

Also just read on twitter not sure how accurate but anyways; the sterling money is a bonus, we already had planned to spend big on 3 players. Which only adds to my theory, that the free transfers were god business so as to keep money back for the quality big money transfers.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #64: Jun 24, 2015 11:51:45 am
      Thanks to everyone at the club for getting Firmino in.

Said earlier I was a very positive person usually, and seeing us making moves like this is very reassuring!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,206 posts | 4911 
      Reply #65: Jun 24, 2015 11:54:15 am
      Thanks to everyone at the club for getting Firmino in.

Said earlier I was a very positive person usually, and seeing us making moves like this is very reassuring!

Indeed mate.

I've been more positive then I thought I was going to be this summer and the business so far has been very good.

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #66: Jun 24, 2015 11:57:04 am
      Indeed mate.

I've been more positive then I thought I was going to be this summer and the business so far has been very good.

I honestly felt we'd drag our feet longer, be sure of the monies coming in before spending, and missing out on key targets like in previous windows.

More business that is done in such an effective manner would go a long way to calming many fans worries and doubts IMO.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,206 posts | 4911 
      Reply #67: Jun 24, 2015 12:01:25 pm
      I honestly felt we'd drag our feet longer, be sure of the monies coming in before spending, and missing out on key targets like in previous windows.

More business that is done in such an effective manner would go a long way to calming many fans worries and doubts IMO.

Yep.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,302 posts | 6373 
      Reply #68: Jun 24, 2015 12:04:37 pm

5 signings and the window isn't open yet......sounds pretty positive to me..especially if we are still after Clyne, Bacca, Rondon, or one of the two midfielders from Madrid or Milan (can't spell their names without looking ;D)

Quick Reply