Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

2015-16 fixtures

Read 13881 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: 2015-16 fixtures
      Reply #46: Jun 17, 2015 11:33:11 am
      All this does is raise the importance of getting this Summer's transfer business right. So far it doesn't fill me with much confidence that this is the case when most of those teams are substantially strengthening in comparison to us.

Who has substantially strengthened so far in the window? Maybe there's some teams that nobody else knows about but you do. Chelsea - Falcao, Man City - nobody, Man Utd - nobody, Arsenal - nobody, Spurs - nobody.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #47: Jun 17, 2015 11:42:04 am
      Who has substantially strengthened so far in the window? Maybe there's some teams that nobody else knows about but you do. Chelsea - Falcao, Man City - nobody, Man Utd - nobody, Arsenal - nobody, Spurs - nobody.
      You are forgetting one important factor. Gerrard already left and Sterling is also going to leave. That instantly weakens us. And we are already 6th best . Of the top 5 , only De Gea departure is going to weaken a team but with LVG's experience and United's endless budget they will easily buy another competent keeper instead getting in free transfers.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #48: Jun 17, 2015 11:43:57 am
      I don't think they are too bad either mate.
      We have to play every team twice, might as well get the tough ones out of the way first, and it will show us if this team has any balls.

Exactly mate.  Not one of the players left from last season deserve an easy start, why lull them into thinking they're better than they really are.  Give them the mother of all starts and let's see what the fuckers are made of, if they're still hiding behind each others skirts they don't deserve to be here.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #49: Jun 17, 2015 11:45:57 am
      You are forgetting one important factor. Gerrard already left and Sterling is also going to leave. That instantly weakens us. And we are already 6th best . Of the top 5 , only De Gea departure is going to weaken a team but with LVG's experience and United's endless budget they will easily buy another competent keeper instead getting in free transfers.

I think you'll find they already replaced De Gea with guess what, a FREE TRANSFER.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #50: Jun 17, 2015 11:46:56 am
      Exactly mate.  Not one of the players left from last season deserve an easy start, why lull them into thinking they're better than they really are.  Give them the mother of all starts and let's see what the fuckers are made of, if they're still hiding behind each others skirts they don't deserve to be here.

This all day.
      It won't be pretty, but it'll tell us a lot about their desire and commitment.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #51: Jun 17, 2015 11:47:45 am
      This all day.
      It won't be pretty, but it'll tell us a lot about their desire and commitment.

Absolutely mate.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #52: Jun 17, 2015 11:48:35 am

A competent keeper isn't going to save them as many points as De Gea did last season, and unless they sort out their defense they will struggle to get top 4 again.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #53: Jun 17, 2015 11:50:03 am
      A competent keeper isn't going to save them as many points as De Gea did last season, and unless they sort out their defense they will struggle to get top 4 again.

Good point.
      De Gea as valuable to United as Suarez was to LFC.
      They do however have a far better history of paying for talent that they need.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #54: Jun 17, 2015 11:52:19 am
      Stoke is the perfect start for the players go there and win well and last season can be put to bed. Those first 7 away games are pretty brutal though.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #55: Jun 17, 2015 11:52:40 am
      Good point.
      De Gea as valuable to United as Suarez was to LFC.
      They do however have a far better history of paying for talent that they need.

Well, they already have Valdes and I don't see too many better than him around, but De Gea along with Courtois are at least one level above any other keeper I've seen.
      I think he's pretty much impossible to replace like for like (in a talent sense).
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #56: Jun 17, 2015 12:01:55 pm
      Well, they already have Valdes and I don't see too many better than him around, but De Gea along with Courtois are at least one level above any other keeper I've seen.
      I think he's pretty much impossible to replace like for like (in a talent sense).

Valdes already there and looks like van Gaal will sign the lad from Ajax.
      No panic. Groundwork done for the inevitable.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #57: Jun 17, 2015 12:03:52 pm

I've not forgotten anything. Still though, no other team has substancially strengthened their own teams with signings which was your original point.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #58: Jun 17, 2015 12:04:47 pm
      I don't think they are too bad either mate.
      We have to play every team twice, might as well get the tough ones out of the way first, and it will show us if this team has any balls.

A decent theory Swab but it hinges on Brendan getting his sh*t together and hitting the ground running mate.

If he gets us through the oowning months then I agree it will be something to really build on.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #59: Jun 17, 2015 12:15:50 pm
      Valdes already there and looks like van Gaal will sign the lad from Ajax.
      No panic. Groundwork done for the inevitable.

Agreed, but the point remains that no matter who they sign, he won't be of the same calibre as De Gea.
      They bought him young, nurtured him, kept faith with him and now he's F***ing off to Madrid.
      Welcome to out world ;)

A decent theory Swab but it hinges on Brendan getting his sh*t together and hitting the ground running mate.

If he gets us through the oowning months then I agree it will be something to really build on.

Oh I think he started on his plans for next season weeks ago mate.
      Whether he can translate that onto the pitch is something else, especially if we have a number of new arrivals.
      The opening fixture could actually be something of a godsend for us if the team shows some character.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,007 posts | 3352 
      Reply #60: Jun 17, 2015 12:19:15 pm
      Miserable bas**rds out in force I see. Already planning the sacking of Brendan just because of a couple of away games.

Alternatively, we could tw*t them all and be comfortably sitting top of the League before we've any had of last season's top five come to Anfield.

And United at Anfield on me birthday, gotta say that it doesn't get much better than that.

Liverpool Football Club, Premier League champions 2015/16.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #61: Jun 17, 2015 12:22:49 pm
      Computer randomly generated my F***ing arse..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #62: Jun 17, 2015 12:26:32 pm
      Miserable bas**rds out in force I see. Already planning the sacking of Brendan just because of a couple of away games.

Alternatively, we could tw*t them all and be comfortably sitting top of the League before we've any had of last season's top five come to Anfield.

And United at Anfield on me birthday, gotta say that it doesn't get much better than that.

Liverpool Football Club, Premier League champions 2015/16.

Have to say, I love your posts which are a beacon of optimism in a sea of despair.

As usual, we'll win some, draw some and lose some.
      It's the manner in which we lose that I'm interested in.
      Pride, passion and some balls, time for the players to show us that they actually F***ing care.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #63: Jun 17, 2015 12:33:22 pm
      Jürgen Klopp likes that fixture list.

Haha and the run-in looks ok so he can come in and appear to have turned us around without too much effort! I like your thinking   :f_tongueincheek:

In truth those first 7 away games are about as bad as it gets, throw in a few Europa League games and a round-the-world preseason and things are looking rosey!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,512 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #64: Jun 17, 2015 12:33:25 pm

It's the manner in which we lose that I'm interested in.

Agreed. If and when we lose next season, we go down fighting at the very least.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #65: Jun 17, 2015 12:42:07 pm
      And the first changes already.

Confirmed:

Norwich September
      Everton October
      Southampton October
      Palace November
      Swansea November
      West Brom December

Possible:

Everton February
      Manchester City March
      Chelsea March
      Southampton March
      Spurs April
      Stoke April
      Bournemouth April
      Swansea April
      Watford May

All due to UEFA Cup games.

Apart from having to go away in the last day again, the fixture list is favourable. Any ground lost early on can be recovered after Christmas with all the glamour games at home.

So let's take advantage of it.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #66: Jun 17, 2015 01:02:55 pm
      Lets not forget our form in the last part of the season was on par with that of the relegated teams.

If we start like we finished we will be in serious trouble.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,512 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #67: Jun 17, 2015 01:08:30 pm
      And games will move to suit TV, by the odd day or so.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,624 posts | 141 
      Reply #68: Jun 17, 2015 01:31:47 pm
      Stoke (a) - 8 Aug   Draw
      Bournemouth (h) - 15 Aug Win
      Arsenal (a) - 22 Aug Loss
      West Ham (h) - 29 Aug Win
      United (a) - 12 Sep Loss

realistically we are looking for 7 points or 10 points at the best

Quick Reply