Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

2015-16 fixtures

Read 13796 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: 2015-16 fixtures
      Reply #69: Jun 17, 2015 01:37:55 pm
      Have to say, I love your posts which are a beacon of optimism in a sea of despair.

...or a beacon of delusion in a sea of realism, subjective I suppose :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #70: Jun 17, 2015 01:42:45 pm
      How many times have we started a season at home in the past 15 years? I don't have the time to check now but I'd guess less than 5
      LFCexiled
      Reply #71: Jun 17, 2015 01:45:06 pm
      Stoke (a) - 8 Aug   Draw
      Bournemouth (h) - 15 Aug Win
      Arsenal (a) - 22 Aug Loss
      West Ham (h) - 29 Aug Win
      United (a) - 12 Sep Loss

realistically we are looking for 7 points or 10 points at the best

We haven't even kicked a ball and your admitting defeat? F**k me, get some bloody confidence and if you can't get it then make it up. You never know it may just be infectious.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #72: Jun 17, 2015 01:46:30 pm
      ...or a beacon of delusion in a sea of realism, subjective I suppose :D

This "realism" is entirely your opinion :)

Personally, I'll always prefer optimism over the wailing and gnashing of teeth that permeates the boards these days.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #73: Jun 17, 2015 01:48:55 pm
      This "realism" is entirely your opinion :)

Personally, I'll always prefer optimism over the wailing and gnashing of teeth that permeates the boards these days.

Very true and fair enough.

How many times have we started a season at home in the past 15 years? I don't have the time to check now but I'd guess less than 5

This time it's at our request due to the stadium redevelopments.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #74: Jun 17, 2015 01:49:47 pm
      Lfc have been given a slice of luck from the Premier League after five of their six games after the Europa League were designated as home fixtures.
      The games following Europa League fixtures in full (dates currently issued by the Premier League):
      Norwich (H) – September 19

Everton (A) – October 3

Southampton (H) – October 24

Crystal Palace (H) – November 7

Swansea (H) – November 28

West Brom (H) – December 12
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #75: Jun 17, 2015 01:55:35 pm
      We haven't even kicked a ball and your admitting defeat? F**k me, get some bloody confidence and if you can't get it then make it up. You never know it may just be infectious.

I'm amazed anyone could be bothered to start predicting results.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #76: Jun 17, 2015 02:03:39 pm
      Haha and the run-in looks ok so he can come in and appear to have turned us around without too much effort! I like your thinking   :f_tongueincheek:

In truth those first 7 away games are about as bad as it gets, throw in a few Europa League games and a round-the-world preseason and things are looking rosey!

I imagine Brendan spat out a few cornflakes when he read that fixture list this morning. Those 7 away games are not what he needed after the season he has just had.
      But from the point of view of the club long term, it is probably better to put Brendan through the fire early in season and see if he comes through it.

I know you dont think he will come through it, and you may well be right.
      I'm not ruling out the possibility that if the results are reasonable, and the performances show some real spirit and desire, then he might yet show he's the right man.
      But one way or another we are likely to find out pretty early next season, which is probably for the best.

( That said, a lot of hard fixtures early on does not help a teams chances in the league, regardless of the manager. True, everybody has to play everybody twice no matter what, but it is psychologically harder to play well if you are playing catch up than if you are off to a good start. Confidence, morale and momentum are important in football. So on the one hand this fixture list is not the friendliest for our chances next season, but on the other hand, it might settle the managerial question, one way or the other, quicker.)
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #77: Jun 17, 2015 02:11:56 pm
      I think you'll find they already replaced De Gea with guess what, a FREE TRANSFER.
      I am pretty sure they will buy another GK.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #78: Jun 17, 2015 02:17:34 pm
      I imagine Brendan spat out a few cornflakes when he read that fixture list this morning. Those 7 away games are not what he needed after the season he has just had.
      But from the point of view of the club long term, it is probably better to put Brendan through the fire early in season and see if he comes through it.

Good point that, at least if he does get off to a good start against the big boys away then we'll know where we stand rather than an artificial position if we had to play the bottom half first.

While I don't think he'll survive the season at least we will know early if anything has changed or if we're simply in for more of the same.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #79: Jun 17, 2015 02:19:40 pm
      I am pretty sure they will buy another GK.

They may well do but Valdes will be replacing De Gea and he was a free transfer.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #80: Jun 17, 2015 02:19:52 pm
      Is it just me that doesn't think they're too bad.  Ok we've got a few big boys early on and they're all away but our Xmas fixtures and the run in are relatively easy compared to the last couple of seasons.
      Quite happy with them myself. We play our hardest away fixtures (and therefore our hardest matches) before the end of November
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #81: Jun 17, 2015 02:20:49 pm
      Stoke (a) - 8 Aug   Draw
      Arsenal (a) - 22 Aug Loss
      United (a) - 12 Sep Loss

realistically we are looking for 7 points or 10 points at the best

Stoke (a) - 8 Aug   Lose
      Arsenal (a) - 22 Aug Lose
      United (a) - 12 Sep Lose

6 points out of 15... thats how i see it!! i still belive the manager has lost those players...

this could all change if the board sack him... Im not convinced he'll still be the manager in August!! I just have a feeling
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #82: Jun 17, 2015 02:21:16 pm
      No more of these sluggish starts Brendan!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #83: Jun 17, 2015 02:24:12 pm
      Quite happy with them myself. We play our hardest away fixtures (and therefore our hardest matches) before the end of November

Exactly how I see it mate.  Do well and we're flying for the 2nd half, do badly and a replacement manager will have plenty of time and easier fixtures to get us back on track  ;D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #84: Jun 17, 2015 02:24:49 pm
      First 18 league games in last three seasons, points wise, we have got:

Season 12/13: 25 points from possible 54. Position: 8th (top = 43 points)

Season 13/14: 36 points from possible 54. Position: 4th (top = 39 points)

Season 14/15: 25 points from possible 54. Position: 9th (top = 45 points)

Without sounding like too much of a misery I can't help looking at City and Chelsea under performing and us having no European football in that 13/14 season although Rodgers did have us playing great stuff.

It's early days in the window but so far it's looking as clueless as windows gone by.

I'm normally a 'glass half full' type of guy but I can't help having a feeling that it's going to end in tears.

I'm petrified of what these owners are going to do this Summer so therefore I'm equally petrified of the first half of next season.

Few months of the window left for them to do something to raise my hopes but I'm not holding my breath as I'm sure they'll carry on doing what they do whilst the club falls ever closer to Aston Villa like mediocrity. One thing I know, though, is that the 'But the books look boss' apologists will still be around and trying to dress them up as the best owners in the world because they bought us for a steal over four and a half years ago.

The outlook looks as bleak as that view of the pissing down rain I can see out my patio window as I type.

GET US SOME SCOUTS WHO ARENT SCARED OF F***ing FLYING!

Meh.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #85: Jun 17, 2015 02:27:02 pm
      Miserable bas**rds out in force I see. Already planning the sacking of Brendan just because of a couple of away games.

Alternatively, we could tw*t them all and be comfortably sitting top of the League before we've any had of last season's top five come to Anfield.

And United at Anfield on me birthday, gotta say that it doesn't get much better than that.

Liverpool Football Club, Premier League champions 2015/16.

You’ve got more front than Brighton... you were spitting blood the other day in another thread because some former players had the audacity to play for a Liverpool legends team in a charity match!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #86: Jun 17, 2015 02:28:10 pm
      Exactly how I see it mate.  Do well and we're flying for the 2nd half, do badly and a replacement manager Klopp will have plenty of time and easier fixtures to get us back on track  ;D

Fixed it for ya Deb ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #87: Jun 17, 2015 02:31:53 pm

If I thought our Management had any football sense mate I'd agree with that amendment but knowing us we'll appoint whoever we get as the new Assistant  ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #88: Jun 17, 2015 02:39:23 pm
      You’ve got more front than Brighton... you were spitting blood the other day in another thread because some former players had the audacity to play for a Liverpool legends team in a charity match!!

Hardly but never mind lad.

You think Salif Diao is a Liverpool legend, you also predict Liverpool to lose. That's why we are so different. That's also why you're not worth my time any more. Good day to you, enjoy your time posting on here in future.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #89: Jun 17, 2015 02:39:47 pm
      Totally premature and a bit of a game I know, but if I add Clyne and Benteke to our current squad and then take Sterling out of it and then play those first 18 games now, in my head, we're lucky to come of it with 20/25 points for me.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #90: Jun 17, 2015 02:40:37 pm
      Hardly but never mind lad.

You think Salif Diao is a Liverpool legend, you also predict Liverpool to lose. That's why we are so different. That's also why you're not worth my time any more. Good day to you, enjoy your time posting on here in future.

F***ing hell, you feeling okay? Account been hacked.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #91: Jun 17, 2015 02:45:40 pm
      Totally premature and a bit of a game I know, but if I add Clyne and Benteke to our current squad and then take Sterling out of it and then play those first 18 games now, in my head, we're lucky to come of it with 20/25 points for me.

I'm more inclined to believe we'll be unlucky not to have 54 points out of those first 18 games.

Quick Reply