Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Joe Gomez Player Thread (D)

Read 169466 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,190 posts | 1271 
      Re: Joe Gomez Player Thread
      Reply #207: Aug 25, 2015 06:18:30 pm
      He has no chance under Maureen.

Give it a couple of years at Stamford Bridge and he'll be signing for West Brom. Is he actually anything special? Everton will do well to get £30 million for him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,217 posts | 4917 
      Reply #208: Aug 25, 2015 06:30:57 pm
      Here's a question for everyone

Is he better at defending or going forward?

Defending.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #209: Aug 25, 2015 06:43:52 pm
      Congratulations Joe. Has been called up to the England U21 squad for the first time.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #210: Aug 25, 2015 06:46:43 pm

And that is what is going to keep our clean sheet run going. It's a breathe of fresh air having Gomez and Clyne at full back.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #211: Aug 27, 2015 09:10:13 am
      This kid is one unbelivable player,he pushed out Moreno from the first team and he is looking great there.He played really great against Arsenal and i dont think that he made any mistakes in that match,best player on the pitch in that game was Joseph Gomez.
      Well done kid,keep up the good work.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #212: Aug 28, 2015 12:10:36 pm
      I for one cant wait to see him as a CB which I think he could quite simply do as of next season or in Cup and Europa games. Age means nothing if you understand the game and read the game well you can be a top defender and and not have to be this 25 or more year old "experianced" player. Joe seems to understand the game and read the game well so I hope BR thinks about testing him in the Cup game alongside Sakho.
      « Last Edit: Aug 29, 2015 12:16:22 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #213: Aug 29, 2015 12:22:48 am
      I am someone who will happily criticise or give praise, I call it as I see it but I will also happily admit when I am proven wrong. When we signed him, I wasn't particularly happy about it. Personally I thought it was a waste of money on a player that we wouldn't need at this time and that he would just be shipped out on loan in the way Ilori has been. Had a few "debates" with a few people on here about it but I will gladly admit I was wrong. I think that due to us signing so many young players but them not actually being used/good enough I wrote this lad off too soon. I was partly right if reports are to believed that the intention was to loan him out virtually straight away but the lad clearly impressed from the first given chance and has forced any plans to loan him out to be forgotten.

The only criticism I have of the lad so far is that he is picking up too many bookings. 3 games and 3 yellows isn't good enough, it's an indication a red card could easily come his way IMO and he will be picking a fair few suspensions if he keeps this going. But he is young, playing really well and showing a lot of commitment so I'm sure he will sort that side of his game out.

Keep it going lad and keep proving those doubters, admittedly such as myself, wrong.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,039 posts | 336 
      Reply #214: Aug 29, 2015 12:51:55 am
      If Mr Stones is worth £37 Chelski millions, with all the mistakes he makes, we have some prospect on our hands with young Mr Gomez. 
      Love to see him in a back 3 with Moreno and Clyne as WBs. 
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #215: Sep 04, 2015 02:38:24 pm
      Disgusts me how unactive this thread is, The lads only 18 and hes been our best defender so far, was world class against Arsenal and is looking very steady, hes the only defender ive seen this season where I can feel safe with him holding onto the ball and making the right decision.
      He could be big! but not to big as we will end up selling him as, we sell all our best players every year its starting to be tradition for us now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,306 posts | 6374 
      Reply #216: Sep 04, 2015 02:42:31 pm
      Disgusts me how unactive this thread is, The lads only 18 and hes been our best defender so far, was world class against Arsenal and is looking very steady, hes the only defender ive seen this season where I can feel safe with him holding onto the ball and making the right decision.
      He could be big! but not to big as we will end up selling him as, we sell all our best players every year its starting to be tradition for us now.

22 pages of posts on an 18 year old that's started 4 games? I'd say that's pretty active bud.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #217: Sep 04, 2015 02:46:36 pm
      22 pages of posts on an 18 year old that's started 4 games? I'd say that's pretty active bud.

Good point but what Im getting at was the last post before mine was Saturday! I haven't been on here for awhile and was expecting everyone to be raving about this kid.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,306 posts | 6374 
      Reply #218: Sep 04, 2015 03:06:52 pm
      Good point but what Im getting at was the last post before mine was Saturday! I haven't been on here for awhile and was expecting everyone to be raving about this kid.

I gotcha. Love his work so far personally but I'm still staying a bit reserved to see more from him...dont' want to crown him just yet, he's still a kid ;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #219: Sep 04, 2015 03:10:34 pm
      I'm glad we didn't post much after Saturday, would have got deserved stick, but it's unneeded at this stage in his career.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,179 posts | 4402 
      Reply #220: Sep 04, 2015 03:21:59 pm

He's not a bad defender but he is very limited going forward which is understandable as he is not a LB and is also right footed, if Rodgers does not rate Moreno then its criminal we did not sign a left back.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #221: Sep 07, 2015 02:56:25 pm
      I gotcha. Love his work so far personally but I'm still staying a bit reserved to see more from him...dont' want to crown him just yet, he's still a kid ;D

Im going to risk looking like Plonker Rodney if he turns out to be sh*te, but so far so good. 18 years old aswell, the only way is up.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #222: Sep 07, 2015 05:40:23 pm
      Yaz and the plastic population keeps playing in my head. Thanks for that...
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,918 posts | 961 
      Reply #223: Sep 14, 2015 09:52:03 pm
      I'm sorry, but this kid needs to be dropped. Playing him at LB is leaving us without any width on the left flank. Sure we look more assured defensively, but that is more down to our new tactical approach (sitting deep and playing direct on the counter) than Joe's ability. The big problem is that when we have the ball, the opposition only has to cover 80% the width of the pitch because we have no threat down the left side. This makes us unbalanced and predictable. Moreno may not be as good of a defender, but I'd rather have him starting at LB than Gomez.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,179 posts | 832 
      Reply #224: Sep 14, 2015 09:59:43 pm
      Never a left back, he isn't suited for the role.

Has been okay so far bar Man Utd game
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,179 posts | 4402 
      Reply #225: Sep 14, 2015 10:30:52 pm
      Never a left back, he isn't suited for the role.

Has been okay so far bar Man Utd game

Rodgers has learnt nothing from last year, still believing his own hype as some sort of super coach who can get players playing in any position he wants!

Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #226: Sep 18, 2015 01:40:19 pm
      Say what you want but he was class in Bordeaux last night. So young and so much potential.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #227: Sep 18, 2015 07:16:44 pm
      Say what you want but he was class in Bordeaux last night.

No, not at all. He had no communication with Can and kept getting in each others way and on their goal he decided to effectively just count how many keep ups their player could do in the box.

For what he has shown so far, I think he is much better than what he was the other night.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #228: Sep 19, 2015 10:33:59 am
      Was delighted when he was moved into his natural position against Bordeaux. Just a couple of situations that he could of handled better but I'd love to see him get more opportunities there. He looked very calm when passing out from the back.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #229: Oct 08, 2015 04:18:04 pm

Quick Reply