Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Pre-season 2015-16

Read 12054 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Pre season
      Reply #69: Jul 13, 2015 02:57:14 pm
      I just hope our lads don't make any racist sex tapes while they're in Thailand :laugh:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #70: Jul 13, 2015 04:02:53 pm
      I just hope our lads don't make any racist sex tapes while they're in Thailand :laugh:

Footballers aren't generally the smartest fellas around but those 3 former Leicester City players have to be the dumbest and most out of touch tools i can think of. Unbelievably stupid, disrespectful and arrogant behavior.

Makes you wonder though if that idiotic and exact situation had occurred at a larger club with 3 very well known players whether the respective club would have taken the same disciplinary decision.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #71: Jul 13, 2015 04:06:53 pm
      Footballers aren't generally the smartest fellas around but those 3 former Leicester City players have to be the dumbest and most out of touch tools i can think of. Unbelievably stupid, disrespectful and arrogant behavior.

Makes you wonder though if that idiotic and exact situation had occurred at a larger club with 3 very well known players whether the respective club would have taken the same disciplinary decision.

They're sh*t human beings, basically.

But isn't that argument that got thrown at us a lot during all of the Suarez stuff? If Luis wasn't world class, would we have defended him so tooth and nail?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #72: Jul 13, 2015 04:11:08 pm
      They're sh*t human beings, basically.

But isn't that argument that got thrown at us a lot during all of the Suarez stuff? If Luis wasn't world class, would we have defended him so tooth and nail?

Exactly.
      It is great PR for Leicester to take a stand and not tolerate that kind of behavior but it makes you wonder if the players were actually higher profile and ability whether they would have dealt with it in the same way.
      Just hope our lot just remember what they are on tour for. Get fit, learn the systems and positively promote the LFC brand in Asia
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #73: Jul 13, 2015 04:40:46 pm

I was thinking the same mate when I seen the picture of him Rodgers and Hendo together.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #74: Jul 13, 2015 06:56:19 pm
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #75: Jul 13, 2015 07:00:10 pm
      Exactly.
      It is great PR for Leicester to take a stand and not tolerate that kind of behavior but it makes you wonder if the players were actually higher profile and ability whether they would have dealt with it in the same way.

Totally. And given too how much money is involved in big name players, teams want to protect their investment.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #76: Jul 14, 2015 12:21:32 am
      Holy sh*t a kick off timer! Oh how I've missed you.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #77: Jul 14, 2015 12:44:09 am

Feels amazing doesn't it?

Can't F***ing wait. I jet off to Brisbane tomorrow morning, then it's back home and off to Adelaide on Monday! ;D

Poor lads going from disgusting heat and humidity in Asia to freezing cold here and back again.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #78: Jul 14, 2015 12:46:50 am
      Feels amazing doesn't it?

Can't f**king wait. I jet off to Brisbane tomorrow morning, then it's back home and off to Adelaide on Monday! ;D

Poor lads going from disgusting heat and humidity in Asia to freezing cold here and back again.

It does mate, even though it's just a pre-season game I'm in need of a fix, can't wait.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #79: Jul 14, 2015 08:46:04 am

It dawned on me last night that we didn't have a pre match thread Luke.  I'll get one started when I'm back from walking the dogs, it'll be good to start talking about a game again.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #80: Jul 14, 2015 08:51:50 am
      Looking at those pics that Debs put up Origi looks a bit of a unit for a 20 year old.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #81: Jul 14, 2015 10:40:06 am
      Looking at those pics that Debs put up Origi looks a bit of a unit for a 20 year old.

Thought that myself mate.  They obviously grow them big in Belgium  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #82: Jul 14, 2015 10:48:46 am
      This is my favourite tour pic so far

:lmao:

He cracks me up! He pulls some of the weirdest faces.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #83: Jul 14, 2015 11:24:19 am
      Can't f**king wait. I jet off to Brisbane tomorrow morning, then it's back home and off to Adelaide on Monday! 

Supposed to be a "frost" in Brisbane tonight - is a bit chilly here at the moment.

Games in the league I play in here (Masters Football) all moved from Friday when we normally play - too many of us oldies going to the game.

First game for me since I came here - so last home game of the 2003/04 season was my last after 20 years plus of a season ticket.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Pre-season 2015-16
      Reply #84: Jul 15, 2015 12:28:57 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #85: Jul 15, 2015 04:24:57 pm
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #86: Jul 17, 2015 12:00:36 pm
      It's a pity we don't have a real test before the season starts to see where we're at. Facing piss poor opposition won't tell us anything, while the other teams around us play some decent sides in the preseason.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #87: Jul 17, 2015 12:04:00 pm
      It's a pity we don't have a real test before the season starts to see where we're at. Facing piss poor opposition won't tell us anything, while the other teams around us play some decent sides in the preseason.

Ffs sake George is there nothing that makes you happy?

Playing against better sides like we did last summer, that really did us a power of good for the season didn't it  :mad:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #88: Jul 17, 2015 12:04:29 pm

Pre season is all about fitness mate. Remember last season we beat Dortmund and it had no bearing on the season!

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #89: Jul 17, 2015 12:08:27 pm
      Yes but i hoped at least the final friendly game before the season's start would be a game against a top side, i was checking the other big 4 teams fixtures and i saw very strong opposition, it's always better when you play stronger sides because the rythm of the game would be the same as in EPL, giving us a better clue of how our new signings will cope with it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #90: Jul 17, 2015 12:09:03 pm
      It's a pity we don't have a real test before the season starts to see where we're at.

You mean like when we beat Olympiacos, AC Milan and Man City last pre-season. 

Because that was definitely a great indicator.

Pre Season is 10% results and 90% fitness, tactics and player bonding.  Nice to win games but pre-season results have never had an impact when the serious stuff starts.

LFCexiled
      Reply #91: Jul 17, 2015 12:10:44 pm

Quick Reply