Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 374731 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #345: Aug 25, 2015 02:18:20 pm
      He is quite a big lad, was surprised at that, was not bullied off the ball.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #346: Aug 25, 2015 02:19:21 pm
      When I couldn't see their numbers last night, I thought he was Can and Can was him sometimes.

They do play similarly.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #347: Aug 25, 2015 02:19:55 pm
      Showed a few nice touches last night and I can definitely see quality in the lad.

Was perhaps at times a little too slow in the ball and not used to the quick pace of the league. It isn't going to be any faster than Arsenal away in fairness. Should definitely start Saturday against West Ham.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #348: Aug 25, 2015 03:10:38 pm
      My only complaint really is, he didn't offer Clyne any real protection and if you look at the heat map from last night almost everything Arsenal was throwing at us was coming from down that side, so special mention to Clyne who had an excellent game, still you can see Firminho is going to be a quality player once he gets up to speed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #349: Aug 25, 2015 03:17:59 pm
      Was certainly much better than Ibe yesterday, as soon as he went off we lost quite a lot of momentum going forwards and looked more shaky in midfield. I predict big things form this lad.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #350: Aug 27, 2015 09:17:20 am
      So far i dont think tha he impressed anyone,he is still geting used to EPL style of play so we should give this lad a proper time to settle in.
      Once he gets used to our style of play i think he will be a great player for the team.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #351: Aug 27, 2015 09:24:22 am
      So far i dont think tha he impressed anyone,he is still geting used to EPL style of play so we should give this lad a proper time to settle in.
      Once he gets used to our style of play i think he will be a great player for the team.

He has impressed me already given he's barley in the door at the club. Looked lively, skilful, strong on the ball against Arsenal in the first half before tiring, and seems to already have a good understanding with Benteke.

I'm definitely encouraged.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #352: Aug 27, 2015 09:30:31 am
      Was certainly much better than Ibe yesterday, as soon as he went off we lost quite a lot of momentum going forwards and looked more shaky in midfield. I predict big things form this lad.
      I disagree,I did not see much from him,he played for sixty minutes and did not showed much while Ibe came in the second half and had just to blend in with the defensive play of the team in the second half when we were pined down in our own half for the most time of it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #353: Aug 27, 2015 09:32:40 am
      I disagree,I did not see much from him,he played for sixty minutes and did not showed much while Ibe came in the second half and had just to blend in with the defensive play of the team in the second half when we were pined down in our own half for the most time of it.

Well he set up the sitter for Benteke and if you look at his pressing he did plenty for the team defensively.

Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #354: Aug 27, 2015 09:34:41 am
      He has impressed me already given he's barley in the door at the club. Looked lively, skilful, strong on the ball against Arsenal in the first half before tiring, and seems to already have a good understanding with Benteke.

I'm definitely encouraged.
      He is a good player,but i think he needs to do a lot more before i could say that he impressed me.I dont say he will not become a key member of the team,but i just think there is a bit more of addaptation before he comes to that position.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #355: Aug 27, 2015 09:37:34 am
      Well he set up the sitter for Benteke and if you look at his pressing he did plenty for the team defensively.
      Oh F**k yeah,that point blank shot Benteke had,i know,sorry,i forgot about that but you shouldnt remind me ;D i still get upset when i remember that chance.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #356: Aug 27, 2015 03:30:23 pm
      Are we seriously slagging of firmino on his 1st start?

He was ok, ran his socks off, pressed well, tackled well, had a few flashes of skills, and almost had an assist.

For his 1st start in the EPL away to the arsenal Id say he did ok, and will only get better. MUCH BETTER . !
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 2810 
      Reply #357: Aug 27, 2015 04:42:34 pm
      Thought his quality was there to see, just needs to get a bit sharper and adjust to the speed of the league which will come. Was pleasantly surprised with how strong he already is and he looked decent in the air too on Monday.

I'd be amazed if the lad is anything but a resounding success here.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #358: Aug 27, 2015 05:48:52 pm

If you think that Firmino was no better than Ibe on Monday then you need an eye test.

This lad is going to set up shitloads and score a few as well.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #359: Aug 27, 2015 11:15:07 pm
      I've got very high hopes like everybody but let's be honest here and say he hasn't really shown a great as yet and that he looks like he might take a bit of time to get used to the pace of things in this league. He has shown the occasional nice touch it but for the most part he appears to want more time on the ball than he has actually got (or will ever get) playing in England. Hopefully it comes pretty quickly as his fitness his increases and he gets a goal or an assist or two to settle him down.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #360: Aug 28, 2015 07:10:15 am
      If you think that Firmino was no better than Ibe on Monday then you need an eye test.

This lad is going to set up shitloads and score a few as well.
      Ibe could not be better when he came in in the second half when we were for the most of the time in our own half.I did not said that Ibe was better,i was just not impresed with Firmino,he did ok,but i said that he needs just a bit more time of adapting to PL.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #361: Aug 28, 2015 12:29:38 pm
      Honestly have had no problem with his play, he sometimes waits a bit as Scott said, but you can see how clever he is, once he gets used to the style of play I think he will be a monster.  I truly believe he will be one of the best attacking playwrs in the league given time.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #362: Aug 29, 2015 10:05:53 pm
      From the little game time he has had for us so far, i am very surprised by how sluggish he is physically and mentally.
      Not impressed at all or even that encouraged for the future.
      Very underwhelmed
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #363: Aug 29, 2015 11:04:28 pm
      From the little game time he has had for us so far, i am very surprised by how sluggish he is physically and mentally.
      Not impressed at all or even that encouraged for the future.
      Very underwhelmed

His reading of the game is excellent, I think you must be watching a different player.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #364: Aug 30, 2015 01:59:27 am
      His reading of the game is excellent, I think you must be watching a different player.

Disagree completely.
      From just the last few games his slow reading of his teammates movements, the oppositions closing down, his sluggish physical movement and his lethargic nature has been quite noticeable.
      Have no doubt he will improve but he has looked very very underwhelming so far
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #365: Aug 30, 2015 07:23:41 am
      I think he just needs a few more games to settle in and adapt to the pace of the league.
      Perhaps the game against Man Utd will be the catalyst with Phil out and him getting more time in the central role.
      You can see there is a clever player in there however the lack of movement around him is what ilhas stifled his creativity imo. Look at the neat run he had and turn and shot against post then also the quick flick with his outside right to the space for Clyne...the signs are there and we just need to give him some time.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #366: Aug 30, 2015 10:47:09 am
      He looks very confused and disjointed out there.  Like he's not quite sure where he's supposed to be playing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #367: Aug 30, 2015 12:20:28 pm
      He looks very confused and disjointed out there.  Like he's not quite sure where he's supposed to be playing.

He looked real lost serving up that sitter for Benteke against Bournemouth and I've seen him make at least a few other really smart runs and passes. And that's after no preseason to get acclimated to his new teammates. Overreact much?

Quick Reply