Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 375199 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #437: Nov 04, 2015 07:08:10 pm
      I've never hidden my admiration for the lad so it'll be no surprise to hear me say that he could well turn out to be the best £21m we've ever spent and who knows... when we win the boat race, the grand national and wimbledon - the add-ons will make him 'the best £29m we've spent'.  :laugh:

Take my word for this - there's a hell of a lot more to come.

Agreed Mouse.  I can't wait to see him when he's fully up to speed with everything, he's going to be fantastic.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #438: Nov 04, 2015 07:08:50 pm
      I've never hidden my admiration for the lad so it'll be no surprise to hear me say that he could well turn out to be the best £21m we've ever spent and who knows... when we win the boat race, the grand national and wimbledon - the add-ons will make him 'the best £29m we've spent'.  :laugh:

Take my word for this - there's a hell of a lot more to come.

I'd never seen him play before we signed him mate and to tell the truth I was severely underwhelmed by what I saw at first. That said, he wouldn't be the first player not to be brilliant in his first couple of games (in truth he'd probably be the only one if he was) so I didn't mind waiting. As of now he's demonstrated that there is obviously a talented player in there, my concerns are two-fold. Firstly it's the old "wet and windy Wednesday night in Watford" conundrum, is he suited to the hustle bustle, the hurley burley, the helter skelter of English football (it IS national illiteration day isn't it?). The answer to that one is that we don't know yet, but I'm encouraged. the second worry is where he's going to play if Sturridge ever gets fit (I know). I know the sensible answer is we could just give him a couple of weeks off to go see his family in Brazil until Danny gets injured again, but in the unlikely event that our goal machine did stay fit, I'm not sure Roberto would get into our best team BASED ON WHAT I'VE SEEN SO FAR. 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #439: Nov 04, 2015 07:22:18 pm
      I'd never seen him play before we signed him mate and to tell the truth I was severely underwhelmed by what I saw at first. That said, he wouldn't be the first player not to be brilliant in his first couple of games (in truth he'd probably be the only one if he was) so I didn't mind waiting. As of now he's demonstrated that there is obviously a talented player in there, my concerns are two-fold. Firstly it's the old "wet and windy Wednesday night in Watford" conundrum, is he suited to the hustle bustle, the hurley burley, the helter skelter of English football (it IS national illiteration day isn't it?). The answer to that one is that we don't know yet, but I'm encouraged. the second worry is where he's going to play if Sturridge ever gets fit (I know). I know the sensible answer is we could just give him a couple of weeks off to go see his family in Brazil until Danny gets injured again, but in the unlikely event that our goal machine did stay fit, I'm not sure Roberto would get into our best team BASED ON WHAT I'VE SEEN SO FAR. 

Don't worry Mick it gets wet and much colder in Germany where he has been excelling for the last couple of years.

Let's assume Klopp sticks with his favoured formation of 4231, which of our front 3 are better than Firmino? Maybe Coutinho. For me he is a starter ahead of Lallana and Milner unless there is someone else I have missed out challenging for the AM role.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #440: Nov 04, 2015 07:53:56 pm
      the second worry is where he's going to play if Sturridge ever gets fit (I know). I know the sensible answer is we could just give him a couple of weeks off to go see his family in Brazil until Danny gets injured again, but in the unlikely event that our goal machine did stay fit,
      Different type of player Mick - on song he'll play whether it's Danny or Big Ben leading the line...  ;)

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #441: Nov 04, 2015 08:28:35 pm
      He came back late from the Copa he has been injured a couple of times so give him time to find his feet build up his confidence and then we will see what he can do. I think he will be fine
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #442: Nov 06, 2015 07:49:34 am
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #443: Nov 10, 2015 11:26:48 pm
      Had a Iago Aspas moment with one corner he took against Palace.

Brought back lots of painful memories.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #444: Nov 19, 2015 03:18:31 pm
      bit rusty but that's expected after so long out and new league, i think now get a few 90 min games under his belt he will start to shine, we need to stop putting him out wide as he's wasted there
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #445: Nov 21, 2015 08:02:55 pm
      What an incredible first half that was from Firmino today. Unbelievable. The pick of our attacking players today.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #446: Nov 21, 2015 08:05:36 pm
      He was brilliant. Could have scored another couple of goals too.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #447: Nov 21, 2015 08:07:45 pm
      MOTM for me, could have had 5. This is the start Roberto! Congrats on your first Official Liverpool Goal.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #448: Nov 21, 2015 08:08:36 pm
      What a player we have on our hands here.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #449: Nov 21, 2015 09:11:47 pm
      Hopefully today kick starts Firmino's career here. He was brilliant at Hoffenheim.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #450: Nov 21, 2015 09:26:16 pm
      Wasn't just his sublime movement and skill , it was his pressing and his ability to pickpocket them. Special player!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #451: Nov 22, 2015 09:45:09 am
      No idea who wrote this piece, it was posted on the caf without a link.

The Brazilian was exceptional against City. Klopp’s decision to leave Christian Benteke on the bench was a gamble, but Firmino excelled in a false nine role. He had more shots than any other player on the pitch, and double the number of shots on target. He also played a sublime pass for Coutinho’s goal and won possession eight times. It is this determination that caused Klopp to put faith in him.

Dovetailing together, the two Brazilians look sublime, an obvious understanding already built up between them. Coutinho has eight league goals and assists in 999 minutes this season. Half of those have come in the 259 minutes when Firmino has also been on the field with him.

Firmino himself now has three goals and assists in the Premier League. His two assists have been for Coutinho goals, and his goal came from a Coutinho assist. It’s like a Brazilian symbiosis. Sambaosis?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #452: Nov 22, 2015 10:56:58 am
      Well those of us who have been unconvinced so far and waiting for true signs that this lad can make it got it written in large neon lettering for us yesterday. Looks a fine player, and were it not for some average finishing allied to top goalkeeping could have had a hat-trick. Has that "one step ahead" gift that so few players do, and if he really settles I think we could be onto a real winner here.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #453: Nov 22, 2015 04:35:53 pm
      So glad to see him getting the admiration he deserves. The lad is pure class and linked our play so well all game, loved that the boss chose him up top to terrorise City's defence with his movement and excellent interplay and really showed what we've been lacking.

Was clearly MotM and there's more to come from this lad, surprised he missed the chances he had and probably should have finished the game with a hat-trick but in contrast to Benteke against Palace he also laid stuff on a plate for others. Can't be undersold how much work he does off the ball too, a true exponent of the "first line of defence" mantra.

Was also a nice surprise for me to see him out in Liverpool after the match, saw him along with Coutinho and a few lads and ladies I didn't recognise.

Top performance Roberto, well played!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #454: Nov 22, 2015 09:53:15 pm
      Starting to come into his own now and what a player we have on our hands....the word sublime springs to mind, excited to see this fella blossom under Klopp  :scarf:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #455: Nov 23, 2015 06:58:01 am

Has that "one step ahead" gift that so few players do, and if he really settles I think we could be onto a real winner here.

Very perceptive of you Mick  :f_tongueincheek:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #456: Nov 23, 2015 07:08:58 am
      So glad to see him getting the admiration he deserves. The lad is pure class and linked our play so well all game, loved that the boss chose him up top to terrorise City's defence with his movement and excellent interplay and really showed what we've been lacking.

Was clearly MotM and there's more to come from this lad, surprised he missed the chances he had and probably should have finished the game with a hat-trick but in contrast to Benteke against Palace he also laid stuff on a plate for others. Can't be undersold how much work he does off the ball too, a true exponent of the "first line of defence" mantra.

Was also a nice surprise for me to see him out in Liverpool after the match, saw him along with Coutinho and a few lads and ladies I didn't recognise.

Top performance Roberto, well played!

Agree with you mate apart from m.o.t.m. I thought Coutinho deserved that for his outstanding game. Maybe if Firmino had got his hatrick I might have given it to him :)

I thought our front three (yes even Lallana) had excellent games, some of their passing and interplay was a delight to watch and I think they all worked extremely hard to unsettle Citeh in that first half.
      LFC_Mental
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #457: Nov 23, 2015 07:32:43 am
      I found it tough to choose between Firmino and Coutinho for the MOTM which to me is a good problem to have, He can only get better from here in my opinion.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #458: Nov 23, 2015 07:42:27 am
      Agree with you mate apart from m.o.t.m. I thought Coutinho deserved that for his outstanding game. Maybe if Firmino had got his hatrick I might have given it to him :)

I thought our front three (yes even Lallana) had excellent games, some of their passing and interplay was a delight to watch and I think they all worked extremely hard to unsettle Citeh in that first half.

Fair enough mate and on reflection the use of the word clearly was unfair on Coutinho who certainly ran him close in my book and I totally see why people could choose him. Makes a refreshing change to be struggling to pick a MotM because players were so good! Rather than the least worst options we've been served up too often in recent times :lmao:

Must admit, even though I was a massive Klopp fan before he came here even I am stunned by the difference in such a short space of time.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #459: Nov 23, 2015 12:47:07 pm
      He had a very good game, showed great link up play with Coutinho which could be exciting to watch going forward. Would like to see him beat the keeper before getting too carried away with his chances of playing at the front full time. Looking forward to seeing how the bazillion boys and Sturridge link up now.

Quick Reply