Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 373282 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #621: Feb 06, 2016 05:29:52 pm
      Really good today again, improving all the time and looking forward to watching him next season with some players around him that might actually be able to get on his wavelength.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #622: Feb 06, 2016 06:13:00 pm
      Good player, but still needs to find some consistency to his game. Best player on the pitch today.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #623: Feb 06, 2016 08:30:08 pm
      Will flourish if and when we start to create a decent team around him.
      Until then in my opinion he is doing well and far better than the rest but the jury is still out on how good he actually is.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #624: Feb 06, 2016 08:37:59 pm
      He was fantastic today. Some lovely touches and may I say the movement when zoning in on goal when he set up Lallana was almost Suarez like!

Great news for FSG - at this rate he's well on track to being sold at a £30m profit in 18 months time to a club we feel we can't compete with.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #625: Feb 06, 2016 08:44:12 pm
      How fu**ed would we be if we didn't sign Bobby?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #626: Feb 06, 2016 08:46:08 pm
      Until then in my opinion he is doing well and far better than the rest but the jury is still out on how good he actually is.

How is the jury still out?

The lad is top quality he's the best player in our entire squad aside from a fit Sturridge.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #627: Feb 06, 2016 09:07:12 pm
      If only we had his class alongside Suarez.

An attacking quartet of Bobby, Luis, Phil and Daniel would've been a mouth-watering prospect!

However one is long gone, one is made of glass, and the other is beginning to get injured too often for my liking.

Give Bobby time. He'll continue to improve with more games under his belt and better players around him, next season. Hopefully he'll show his brilliance in the Cup Final.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #628: Feb 06, 2016 09:25:13 pm

An attacking quartet of Bobby, Luis, Phil and Daniel would've been a mouth-watering prospect!

However one is long gone, one is made of glass, and the other is beginning to get injured too often for my liking.

Give Bobby time. He'll continue to improve with more games under his belt and better players around him, next season. Hopefully he'll show his brilliance in the Cup Final.

Stick this lad in the Arsenal side and he'd get an absolute bucket load and he would assist the same.

Really is hilarious how far people will bend to criticise him. Player of the month for Jan, scoring and assisting today yet still some couldn't contain themselves. Not to mention the assist for Moreno that he should have scored from too.

Playing him in a front 3 of Lallana/Firmino/Milner really does hurt to watch, he is so far ahead of them in terms of ability, mental approach to the game and how he reads the game that I simply can't wait until he has someone alongside him who has some level of ability so they can compliment each other (that doesn't include Benteke for those literally falling over themselves with more excuses for him).
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #629: Feb 06, 2016 09:41:16 pm
      Stick this lad in the Arsenal side and he'd get an absolute bucket load and he would assist the same.

Really is hilarious how far people will bend to criticise him. Player of the month for Jan, scoring and assisting today yet still some couldn't contain themselves. Not to mention the assist for Moreno that he should have scored from too.

Playing him in a front 3 of Lallana/Firmino/Milner really does hurt to watch, he is so far ahead of them in terms of ability, mental approach to the game and how he reads the game that I simply can't wait until he has someone alongside him who has some level of ability so they can compliment each other (that doesn't include Benteke for those literally falling over themselves with more excuses for him).

I completely agree, Luke.

He definitely needs team mates of higher calibre, and then he'll excel.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #630: Feb 06, 2016 10:55:06 pm

The lad is top quality he's the best player in our entire squad aside from a fit Sturridge.
      For that very reason
      He and a fit and fully firing studge are the two best players in a very average squad.
      He has got some goals and has played well but when you compare to what he was at his former club, to me he hasn't produced a fully rounded performance consistently.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #631: Feb 06, 2016 10:58:44 pm

Probably our player of the season for me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #632: Feb 06, 2016 11:41:04 pm
      Really hitting his stride and to be honest we don't deserve to have him right now.

Could develop into a Suarez'esque type of player for us. Would love to see him along side a healthy and firing Sturridge.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #633: Feb 06, 2016 11:44:06 pm
      Really hitting his stride and to be honest we don't deserve to have him right now.

Could develop into a Suarez'esque type of player for us. Would love to see him along side a healthy and firing Sturridge.

He's a class act FL.

Really think he'll be one of he best players in the league next season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #634: Feb 06, 2016 11:46:08 pm
      He's a class act FL.

Really think he'll be one of he best players in the league next season.

Yep, we will be lucky to hang on to him, how long till he decides he should be playing regular Champions League football?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #635: Feb 07, 2016 12:25:57 am
      For that very reason
      He and a fit and fully firing studge are the two best players in a very average squad.
      He has got some goals and has played well but when you compare to what he was at his former club, to me he hasn't produced a fully rounded performance consistently.

Not sure what player you're watching but the Firmino I watch has performed consistently for several weeks now and continues to improve.

There's a good chance he might even beat his goal and assist tally from last season and that's saying something when you consider the team of sh*t he's playing with every week in a new league and not even his natural position.

The guy is absolute quality end of.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #636: Feb 07, 2016 12:29:20 am
      I completely agree, Luke.

He definitely needs team mates of higher calibre, and then he'll excel.

Don't understand this argument at all. We bought him from Hoffenheim. They're hardly a brilliant, dominant side with loads of good players. He was better for them than he has been for us.

Yes, because Raheem Sterling was so bad.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #637: Feb 07, 2016 12:31:13 am

Talk about overrating him. He's had less than ten quality games for us. Of course the jury is still out. He's been just as inconsistent as the rest of the team this season. It's rewriting history to say otherwise.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #638: Feb 07, 2016 12:53:25 am
      I loved the chant today :)
      "he scores when he wants,he scores when he waaaants" :) pleasing :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #639: Feb 07, 2016 01:05:33 am
      Talk about overrating him. He's had less than ten quality games for us. Of course the jury is still out. He's been just as inconsistent as the rest of the team this season. It's rewriting history to say otherwise.

Oh please....5 goals in 5 games playing with the uninventive group he's been playing with...I'd say he's warming up quite nicely.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #640: Feb 07, 2016 01:06:26 am
      Oh please....5 goals in 5 games playing with the uninventive group he's been playing with...I'd say he's warming up quite nicely.

Agree.

Just imagine if we didn't have him these lasts few months.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #641: Feb 07, 2016 01:09:40 am

He's scored in 3 of those 5 games. If I said the same thing about Benteke, I'd be lynched, despite the fact that Benteke has won us more points.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #642: Feb 07, 2016 01:11:14 am
      He's scored in 3 of those 5 games. If I said the same thing about Benteke, I'd be lynched, despite the fact that Benteke has won us more points.

Benteke has also been anonymous in more games than he's bothered to take part in.

The 5 games FL was on about are league games, he has 5 goals in 5 league games. 6 goals and 5 assists in total in 8 games he's played as a striker.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #643: Feb 07, 2016 01:16:04 am
      Benteke has also been anonymous in more games than he's bothered to take part in.

So has Firmino. He's been excellent in four of the past five games, but prior to that he'd been poor.

Bournemouth, West Ham, United away, Palace, Bordeaux, Swansea, Newcastle, Sion, Watford, Sunderland away, Stoke second leg, Leicester away he's been awful. He's had other games where he's been average too.

I like Firmino, I'm optimistic about his future here and I think he'll go onto be a very good player for us, but so far he's had many more poor games than good ones for us.

Quick Reply