Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370254 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #805: May 13, 2016 03:41:09 am
      Awesome rationale there.

Ohhhh ENGERRRRLUUUND!!!

What England has to do with this my little faux nat friend I have no idea.

Yes, that maybe a tiresome cliche but my point stands, players like Lallana, Milner, Mignolet and Benteke get a lot of stick, and rightly so at times.

However, our 29 million pound Brazilian signing, while showing some prospect here and there by and large shows us he isn't, or shouldn't be immune from criticism.

As I said, the cult have cordoned off certain players and managers from scrutiny and our Bobby seems to be falling quickly into that category.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016 09:36:26 am by Beerbelly »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #806: May 13, 2016 03:49:37 am
      What England has to do with this my little faux nat friend is of no idea.

Yes, that maybe a tiresome cliche but my point stands, players like Lallana, Milner, Mignolet and Benteke get a lot of stick, and rightly so at times.

However, our 29 million pound Brazilian signing, while showing some prospect here and there by and large shows us he isn't, or shouldn't be immune from criticism.

As I said, the cult have cordoned off certain players and managers from scrutiny and our Bobby seems to be falling quickly into that category.

You seriously need to pay attention to some game threads if you think Firmino doesn't get his fair share of criticism. He's received more than most at times.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #807: May 13, 2016 03:59:38 am
      You seriously need to pay attention to some game threads if you think Firmino doesn't get his fair share of criticism. He's received more than most at times.

Mate, I try to avoid those threads - it's all emotional bluster.

I collect my thoughts and opinions and post them in the appropriate thread.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #808: May 13, 2016 04:36:17 am
      Haha what am I reading?

Coutinho had (and is having) a sh*t spell right now without affecting the scoresheet but Bobby is (supposedly) having a sh*t spell and he's been the difference the last couple of wins.

First season, wasn't played in his proper position until Klopp took over and he's young. To post up the numbers he had and the immense work rate he has means he's had a brilliant season.

Surely he's top 3 in the team for metres runs per game.

And he'll only get better. How this discussion is occurring in this thread is beyond me. There's a half dozen other threads to be criticising players for being disappointing.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #809: May 13, 2016 07:57:41 am
      It's rare, in the Premier League, for a player to have a great first season with a club, even if they're that most useless of indicators, Premier League Proven. Firmino's been patchy but productive (could be said about a fair few of our squad) and something about what I've seen of him this season has made me inclined to think he's going to tear up the league next season.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #810: May 13, 2016 09:04:28 am
      It's rare, in the Premier League, for a player to have a great first season with a club, even if they're that most useless of indicators, Premier League Proven. Firmino's been patchy but productive (could be said about a fair few of our squad) and something about what I've seen of him this season has made me inclined to think he's going to tear up the league next season.

Yeah, fair enough that.

However, I'm not sure (just my personal opinion), from what I've seen that Firmino is going to tear the Prem up.

Hope I'm wrong.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #811: May 13, 2016 09:24:56 am
      Firmino has been hot and cold at times, but noticeably he has shown alot more confidence in his play over the second half of the season and shown the quality which most had waited to see.
      While he might not tear up the premier league, i can definitely see him as a 15 goal a season attacking midfield player...something we expected from Coutinho now after his 4th season.
      Lots of promise there, so i think we could endure the inconsistency for a little while longer.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #812: May 13, 2016 07:11:00 pm
      There's a half dozen other threads to be criticising players for being disappointing.

I will get to them too eventually :)

bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #813: May 17, 2016 08:43:16 pm
      Excellent in last game vs Villareal. Would love to see the lad get on the scoresheet and have a good game.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #814: May 19, 2016 08:23:43 pm
      As much as everyone is criticizing Moreno, I actually thought Firmino was our worst performer yesterday.  He offered nothing on either side of the ball.  Shocking performance....
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #815: May 19, 2016 08:30:02 pm
      As much as everyone is criticizing Moreno, I actually thought Firmino was our worst performer yesterday.  He offered nothing on either side of the ball.  Shocking performance....

He had a bad game but Moreno was far worse. That moment Moreno made the awkward attempt of heading the ball clear I just knew something bad was about to happen.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #816: May 19, 2016 08:34:13 pm
      He had a bad game but Moreno was far worse. That moment Moreno made the awkward attempt of heading the ball clear I just knew something bad was about to happen.

Agree to disagree.  Moreno had a decent first half, followed by an abysmal second half.  Firmino was useless for the entire time he was on the field....
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #817: May 19, 2016 08:35:31 pm
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #818: May 19, 2016 08:35:37 pm
      Agree to disagree.  Moreno had a decent first half, followed by an abysmal second half.  Firmino was useless for the entire time he was on the field....

For me it was Coutinho before either of those. Absolutely atrocious.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #819: May 19, 2016 08:41:04 pm
      For me it was Coutinho before either of those. Absolutely atrocious.

Couts was also piss. Just making the point that all the hate directed at Berto should also be directed at a few others as well....
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #820: May 19, 2016 08:53:00 pm
      I think Couthino and Firmino have looked tired for sometime it has been a very long season and I guess players who need to be creative suffer more than others.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #821: May 19, 2016 08:58:57 pm

At least Firmino was still doing his defensive duties.........Coutinho!!

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #822: May 19, 2016 09:01:39 pm
      At least Firmino was still doing his defensive duties.........Coutinho!!

I'm surprised he hasn't come in for more stick (Coutinho), he was so far out of position on their first that he basically invited their winger a 1v1 against Moreno. Now Coutinho knows how poor Moreno can be too so I thought he was plenty at fault for that one. To be honest I didn't see him do much outside of the assist for Sturridge which by professional football standards was a relatively easy one.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #823: May 19, 2016 09:02:11 pm
      Couts was also piss. Just making the point that all the hate directed at Berto should also be directed at a few others as well....

Moreno barring the odd game has been consistently poor, Firmino with goals scored and assists is one of our top performers.
      So it's understandable why after he gifted a goal and let Sevilla back into the game why posters have had enough of his brain farts.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #824: May 19, 2016 09:14:45 pm
      Coutinho and Firminho were poor, but both are players that are always going to look better in the team which is functioning somewhere near on all cylinders. We never really got going last night, so the game appeared to pass both by. That said, Coutinho over three seasons now has been a wonderful player for us and Firminho has shown bags of promise this season, I wouldn't be chucking either out with the bath water that's for sure.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #825: May 19, 2016 09:42:01 pm
      Coutinho and Firminho were poor, but both are players that are always going to look better in the team which is functioning somewhere near on all cylinders. We never really got going last night, so the game appeared to pass both by. That said, Coutinho over three seasons now has been a wonderful player for us and Firminho has shown bags of promise this season, I wouldn't be chucking either out with the bath water that's for sure.

Nor would I, but I also wouldn't be looking to get rid of Moreno either.  Just providing some perspective that he was far from the only reason we lost yesterday....
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #826: Jun 04, 2016 05:57:53 pm
      Four Liverpool players are among the 100 most valuable in Europe – according to the CIES Football Observatory.

The Swiss-based research body has released their latest monthly report, detailing the transfer values of players in Europe’s ‘big five’ leagues – England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

And a quartet of Jürgen Klopp's Reds feature.

Philippe Coutinho is 27th on the list, with an estimated value of 52.3m Euros (£41m), while Emre Can (£31m) is 59th.

Roberto Firmino (£30m) ranks 65th while, perhaps surprisingly, Jordon Ibe comes in at No.95 with a value of £23.7m

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/four-liverpool-players-listed-europes-11427595

Ibe worth £23.7m? I'd snap somebody's hand off for anything close to that :D
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #827: Jun 04, 2016 06:03:01 pm
      Ibe worth £23.7m? I'd snap somebody's hand off for anything close to that :D

Young, English and has potential. The perfect recipe to overrate a player and for massive overpayment , especially at LFC :D!

Quick Reply