Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 374593 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,608 posts | 3914 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #897: Sep 12, 2016 03:33:09 pm
      Love his boots! That first goal was pure class. The kind of touch Suarez and Gerrard would do.

Stunning game from the Brazilian.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,207 posts | 1210 
      Reply #898: Sep 12, 2016 03:37:17 pm
      He's kwality. Most effective when running into space and taking the ball on the move, exploiting space and linking play. Got legs, got talent, part of a mouthwatering attacking quartet.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #899: Sep 12, 2016 03:44:11 pm
      Love his boots! That first goal was pure class. The kind of touch Suarez and Gerrard would do.

Stunning game from the Brazilian.

Yet I can't help but be a little bit bitter because I took the classy b***ard out my fantasy team!

It's great to see though, there has been the odd slight comparison here and there about him possibly being able to take over the void left by Suarez, hopefully this is another sign that he's working towards that level.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #900: Sep 12, 2016 04:17:36 pm
      Yet I can't help but be a little bit bitter because I took the classy b***ard out my fantasy team!

It's great to see though, there has been the odd slight comparison here and there about him possibly being able to take over the void left by Suarez, hopefully this is another sign that he's working towards that level.

Was tossing up him or Mané. Went Mané. Wish Bobby was listed as a striker on the game.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #901: Sep 12, 2016 08:54:51 pm
      I'd say he's our most important and consistent.
      Especially in attack.

That'll  do.

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #902: Sep 12, 2016 09:00:02 pm
      I'd say he's our most important and consistent. Especially in attack.

Over Mane, or do you mean in terms of central attackers?

There's no way anyone's rivalling Mane at the minute - while Firmino played sublime on Saturday, let's not forget his dreadful performance against Burnley (which, along with Coutinho, was his worst in a Liverpool shirt I think).

His problem isn't 'talent' it is consistency - once he gets that, then he will become irreplaceable. At the minute, still a bit of a way to go along with Coutinho. That's no real dig at him though - it's symptomatic of the entire squad of course. Certainly possible - Mane's criticism last year was that he wasn't consistent, he's confounding those critics at the minute, so I expect likewise from Firmino and co.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #903: Sep 13, 2016 02:37:14 am
      Over Mane, or do you mean in terms of central attackers?

There's no way anyone's rivalling Mane at the minute - while Firmino played sublime on Saturday, let's not forget his dreadful performance against Burnley (which, along with Coutinho, was his worst in a Liverpool shirt I think).

His problem isn't 'talent' it is consistency - once he gets that, then he will become irreplaceable. At the minute, still a bit of a way to go along with Coutinho. That's no real dig at him though - it's symptomatic of the entire squad of course. Certainly possible - Mane's criticism last year was that he wasn't consistent, he's confounding those critics at the minute, so I expect likewise from Firmino and co.

3 out of 4 ain't bad for Bobby. Was sh*te against Burnley but still created two clear chances that no one wanted to finish with his crosses.

And i don't think Mané can be considered our most important after just 3 games, either. I hope he is come the end of the season because it means we'll have a lethal forward line, but Firmino makes everything tick. Not taking anything away from Mané, either, who has been brilliant.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #904: Sep 13, 2016 11:43:37 am
      Would I swap Firmino for Suarez? No! Suarez is 29. Gets suspended 25% of the season. Firmino is 24 and once Suarez, Messi and Ronaldo retire... Firmino may be peaking as one of the worlds best.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #905: Sep 13, 2016 02:12:06 pm
      Would I swap Firmino for Suarez? No! Suarez is 29. Gets suspended 25% of the season. Firmino is 24 and once Suarez, Messi and Ronaldo retire... Firmino may be peaking as one of the worlds best.

You're entitled to your opinion but you are also completely mental.

I'd have Suarez back in a heartbeat. I'd pick him up myself and drop Firmino off at whatever ground he wanted.

Have you seen Suarezs goal record since he joined Barca? Barring any serious inuries he would win us the league without a doubt. He'd win it us next season and the season after too. He's another level and  the only footballer i'd put in the same league as Messi and Ronaldo.

Prove me wrong Firmino!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #906: Sep 13, 2016 03:26:32 pm

:D

I'm going to completely disagree with that. Suarez is the best player in the world and Firmino has a long way to go to get even close to him. You'd get along with FSG, they're obsessed with this age thing too.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #907: Sep 13, 2016 06:08:20 pm
      You're entitled to your opinion but you are also completely mental.

I'd have Suarez back in a heartbeat. I'd pick him up myself and drop Firmino off at whatever ground he wanted.

Have you seen Suarezs goal record since he joined Barca? Barring any serious inuries he would win us the league without a doubt. He'd win it us next season and the season after too. He's another level and  the only footballer i'd put in the same league as Messi and Ronaldo.

Prove me wrong Firmino!
      Playing in the Spanish league as a striker with the support Barcelona have makes it easier. I'd say 40+ goals in 40 games there is easier than 30 goals in 40 games in Premier league. Firmino could be the best player in the world one day.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #908: Sep 13, 2016 07:30:53 pm
      Playing in the Spanish league as a striker with the support Barcelona have makes it easier. I'd say 40+ goals in 40 games there is easier than 30 goals in 40 games in Premier league. Firmino could be the best player in the world one day.

He could...but I don't think he will be. Suarez is already in the top 3 players in the world and definitely the best striker.

I'd swap them every day of the week.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #909: Sep 13, 2016 07:44:09 pm

As good a start Firmino has had you've got to be a sandwich short of a picnic to believe Suarez would be a lesser option!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #910: Sep 16, 2016 01:34:31 pm
      40+ goals in 40 games there is easier than 30 goals in 40 games in Premier league.
      And yet Luis has done that too so I'm not sure what your point is. :laugh:

It is nice to believe that Roberto could be as good a player and as prolific as Luis someday and even nicer to believe that he will still be at Liverpool if and when that day comes but he's nowhere near there yet.  8)
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #911: Sep 16, 2016 05:42:15 pm
      A good interview with one of our Brazilian stars.

Roberto Firmino reveals he played in defence until he was 17 and hopes manager Jürgen Klopp can help make him the 'Neymar of Liverpool'

It turns out this wasn't the plan. Had things gone as Roberto Firmino expected when he began chasing his dream in the Brazilian beach city of Maceio, fame and fortune would have come at the other end of the pitch.

'I started out as a defender,' says Firmino, the current spearhead of Liverpool's team and a man who is becoming one of the Premier League's most talked about forwards. 'I played as a full-back and then I moved into the centre. I played defence right the way through until the Under-18s. Honestly!' Firmino smiles broadly as he makes this revelation. It seems inconceivable that someone with his gifts, from the wonderful touch to the absolute certainty he has in his finishing, should have been schooled in the art of destruction but he is a player of hidden surprises.

When he first arrived at Liverpool in June 2015, with a £29million price tag, many wondered how and where he would fit in. Was he a No 10? Was he a winger? After he picked up a bad back injury in a League Cup tie against Carlisle, it seemed as though this would be another expensive mistake. The arrival of Jürgen Klopp, however, was the catalyst for Firmino to blossom. He has become the prototype Klopp forward, his place in Liverpool's attack not for up debate. Why? Nobody in the squad can match him for high intensity sprints. This is Liverpool's marathon man.

'I've been quite hyperactive since I was a child,' says Firmino. 'I don't like to stop. I do have moments when I like to relax but I'm always moving and that has always been the case since I was a boy. Nowadays that is the only way you can play football.
      'You have to be on the move. I'm not that crazy and I know there are times when you have to stop. I like to relax, of course I do! But when I am inside the pitch, that is it. You have to go on full on from the first minute.

'All of us have our qualities that add to the team. But our manager wants each of us to be like a runner. Don't stop. Never stop. Keep going. That is the way it is for him and that is the way I like to play. You always have to be in motion.
      'It comes easy to me to run. I picked a lot of it up from Germany. I had four-and-a-half years there and I learned you have to be on the automatic button. Press it and you go, you keep running, chasing and working. I always try to do a bit more than I am asked.'

Another smile follows. Then again, everything he seems to say comes with a smile. Life, after all, is good. His form has been dazzling, while life at home has never been better after his wife, Larissa, gave birth to their second daughter, Bella, three weeks ago.

Being so settled is all a far cry from when he first arrived in Europe in 2010, having been signed by Hoffenheim from Figueirense, a club in Brazil's south. He left home at 16, despite the pleas from his mother, Maria, and father, Jose to stay and study. They are a tight-knit unit, so much so that Firmino has his parents faces tattooed on his right arm with the inscription 'eternal family love'.

'I come from Maceio, where it is very hot all year around,' says Firmino, taking up the story. 'I moved to Florinoples in the south, which is very cold. I passed the tests that were asked of me there and that got me the move to Germany. I could have stayed in Brazil but I wanted the challenge.

'I remember the first day getting to Hoffenheim. Minus 20! The weather was different, the food was different. It was cold and I found it difficult but I am not someone who gives up. I had it in my head that I would have to battle, to fight and work hard to make my dream come true. I ended up here.

'This is my dream. I'm relaxed about being away from Brazil. I know after all this hard work, I will be compensated. When I knew of Liverpool's interest, I watched a lot of videos to see what I could expected. When they asked if I wanted to come, I did not think twice. I just said yes. There will be times to enjoy things in the future but now it is about work. I won't stop.'

And he doesn't stop. So far this season, he has covered 46.9kilometres and he is relishing the chance to press and pester the life out of Chelsea's big money deadline day signing; Firmino's face lights up when he talks about David Luiz but friendships will be on hold when this rivalry resumes. 'He's my amigo,' says Firmino. 'I don't get the chance to see him in person a lot but I speak to him on WhatsApp whenever I can. I was a little bit surprised when he came back to England but he is a great player. I've not spoken to him this week but I'm looking forward to playing against him.'

Whether Luiz will say the same is open to debate. One thing beyond question, though, is the affinity he and Klopp have developed over the last year and you can see, with each passing week, the subtle improvements he is adding to the 24-year-old's game.

Klopp made Robert Lewandowski and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang superstars in Germany and there is no reason why he can't do the same for Firmino, whose two goals last week at Anfield helped rip Leicester to shreds. This pupil, after all, is willing.
      'I played against his teams for four-and-a-half years,' says Firmino, who converses with Klopp in German while he continues to study English. 'I know what he wants from a player. When I heard that he was coming to be Liverpool manager, I was so pleased. I could not have been happier.

'I knew what he was going to bring here. He brought a style of work and play from Germany and the team has adapted to it. Our friendship is crystal clear. There is nothing behind it. He is a great person. If you do what he asks you to do, you will never let him down.

'Can he make me the Neymar of Liverpool? It all depends on me.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3791591/Roberto-Firmino-reveals-played-defence-17-hopes-manager-Jürgen-Klopp-help-make-Neymar-Liverpool.html

He really seems to be a hard working, down to earth lad, I like that.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #912: Sep 23, 2016 03:37:54 pm
      there are alot of good qualities with firmino but my absolute favourite is that he always look like he is enjoying his soccer and the game

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #913: Sep 24, 2016 12:31:26 am
      I'd say he's our most important and consistent. Especially in attack.

It has to be the knot.....don't cut it off !!!  :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #914: Sep 24, 2016 12:36:46 am
      It has to be the knot.....don't cut it off !!!  :D

Rumours that the knot is gone.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #915: Sep 24, 2016 12:41:26 am

Say it ain't so.  ;)

He hasn't gone Blonde has he?  :-[
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #916: Sep 24, 2016 12:49:08 am
      Say it ain't so.  ;)

He hasn't gone Blonde has he?  :-[

It's a wait and see but yeah I can imagine the tension must be like the proving of dark matter!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roberto-firmino-chopped-top-knot-11929033
      X

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #917: Sep 30, 2016 02:57:40 pm
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #918: Oct 02, 2016 05:37:04 am
      <3

No one is more effective in this team than this fella.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #919: Oct 02, 2016 06:12:33 am
      Another great performance from our Bobby...i just love watching him and Coutinho link up.

Quick Reply