Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 375010 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #943: Oct 30, 2016 11:46:25 pm
      Our best attacking player this season, and even last season when Klopp took over. Absolutely love him!

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #944: Oct 31, 2016 01:37:10 am
      I did. And Coutinho.

Where's my trophy? (And Racer's. He was in the Coutinho camp).

I love me a Brazilian at the club.
      3 now. It's a dreamland.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #945: Oct 31, 2016 12:24:55 pm
      I still dream how even better our attack would have looked with Coutinho-Teixeira-Mane-Firmino upfront, a nightmare for opposition. Not that Lallana isn't a perfect fit, but a slighty upgrade on him would have done wonders there.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #946: Oct 31, 2016 01:04:38 pm

Time to reopen the "Manscaping thread".
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #947: Oct 31, 2016 05:42:36 pm
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #948: Nov 06, 2016 09:40:11 pm
      Class again today! He's vision and movement was exceptional.

It looked like he was crying at the end did anyone else notice that? When Klopp was dishing out the hugs?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #949: Nov 06, 2016 09:46:34 pm
      According to this he's 'only' got 3 assists this season http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-premier-league/23/statistics/assists
      I would have sworn it was more
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #950: Nov 07, 2016 06:36:43 pm
      Good piece from todays Guardian.

Revelling in Liverpool’s latest irrepressible display on Sunday, although not their position on top of the Premier League, JĂŒrgen Klopp lauded one of his strikers for their “outstanding moments” in the 6-1 thrashing of Watford. He was talking about Daniel Sturridge, who did not set foot on the pitch until the 70th minute and whose predicament says everything about Roberto Firmino’s standing at Anfield.
      Klopp was right about Sturridge’s impact. The England international was twice denied by the crossbar, it was his shot that led to Georginio Wijnaldum’s first Liverpool goal and his all-round application ensured there was no letup for a ravaged Watford defence. Yet the outlook has changed dramatically for Sturridge since he was part of the devastating attack that last took Liverpool to the Premier League summit in 2014. He is now on the outside looking in as Philippe Coutinho, Sadio ManĂ© and Firmino create a fluid, penetrating trident and the test of Sturridge’s patience may well have been on Klopp’s mind when volunteering praise of the 27-year-old’s 20-minute cameo.

Firmino’s flourishing form at the centre of Liverpool’s front three is chiefly responsible for Sturridge the substitute. There is little between the two Brazilians in terms of their importance to fulfilling Klopp’s craving for “emotional football” at Anfield, while Mané’s pace, intelligence and finishing have brought a balance since his ÂŁ34m summer arrival from Southampton that was lacking last season. Liverpool’s new sporting director, Michael Edwards, incidentally, was involved in the acquisitions of ManĂ© and Firmino, helping explain why Klopp and the owner, Fenway Sports Group, looked only internally when deciding to alter the club’s management structure and to promote Edwards from technical director last week.

Liverpool’s recruitment of Firmino for £29m from Hoffenheim in the summer of 2015 impressed the then holidaying Klopp and the player’s presence partly shaped the German’s belief that the squad was capable of so much more when he replaced Brendan Rodgers four months later. The Brazil international encapsulates the change and improvement that Klopp has overseen at Liverpool since.
      Firmino has scored five and produced three assists in his last seven Premier League appearances for the division’s leading goalscorers. Only four other strikers – Sergio AgĂŒero, Diego Costa, Harry Kane and Jermain Defoe – have scored more league goals in the calendar year than the Brazilian’s 14. Yet the 25-year-old’s importance to Liverpool is not measured by goals alone. His pressing, passing and movement are fundamental to Liverpool’s formidable attacking play, as the fifth goal against Watford demonstrated. Firmino, as he did when sealing victory at Crystal Palace the previous weekend, was first to react and attack the space between central defender and left-back as soon as Jordan Henderson took possession in central midfield. This time he had to make up ground on the defender, brushing JosĂ© Holebas aside as he did so before nutmegging the defender with a beautifully weighted pass that invited ManĂ© to score his second goal of the game. Everything Klopp demands from a centre-forward.

Last week it was put to the Liverpool manager that, compared with AgĂŒero at Manchester City, Costa at Chelsea or Kane at Tottenham Hotspur, his team are less reliant on an individual for the degree of menace that any team with designs on the Premier League title needs. Klopp replied that every individual was vital for what he wanted to achieve this season. “We rely on all the players,” he insisted. “I had the same idea at Dortmund. Everything was about the team but against Real Madrid [Robert] Lewandowski scored four goals and we benefited from all the praise. Had he not scored we would have lost 1-0. Everything we do is about the players and you can’t lose one and still have the perfect situation. So at the moment it is OK.”
      OK? That is also Klopp’s message about the form of his team and their league position while he leaves growing expectation about a title challenge in mid-November to others. A manager who knows what it takes to win a championship knows not to be content after 11 games and Klopp again issued a call for improvement after the victory against Watford. There is depth to the new Premier League leaders, with not only Sturridge on the bench on Sunday but Wijnaldum, Simon Mignolet and Divock Origi. Origi did not feature at all and yet, with the desperately unfortunate Danny Ings out for the season and ManĂ© bound for the Africa Cup of Nations in January, his manager is on record as saying Liverpool may need to sign a forward/winger when the transfer window reopens.

Questions are already being asked over Liverpool’s capacity to sustain a high-intensity game for the duration of the season, though the absence of European football offers a counterargument to what is a premature matter. “Nothing else has happened,” repeated Klopp when asked about going top on Sunday. But what has happened is nine wins in the last 10 games, the only disruption to that sequence coming from a Manchester United team whose overriding function at Anfield was to stop Firmino, Coutinho, ManĂ©, Adam Lallana and co. Everyone else is struggling for a solution at present.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/07/roberto-firmino-JĂŒrgen-klopp-liverpool-top-premier-league-title
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #951: Nov 19, 2016 11:26:04 pm
      Still annoyed with that sitter he missed!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #952: Nov 19, 2016 11:45:41 pm
      According to this he's 'only' got 3 assists this season http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-premier-league/23/statistics/assists
      I would have sworn it was more

I think it's because of the amount of chances we've missed on top of the one's we've actually finished.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #953: Nov 27, 2016 01:04:01 am
      His control of the ball the way he brings it down quite often with snow on it is just something else.

Just needs to make sure he bangs in a few more goals if he is playing No 9 but there again no one laid one on the plate like he did with both Can and Origi left fiat footed with a gaping open goal.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #954: Nov 27, 2016 10:13:16 pm
      How long is he injured for?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #955: Nov 27, 2016 10:13:53 pm

He's not.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #956: Nov 28, 2016 07:30:56 am

Oh ok great, keep reading he is.

Lovely jubbly
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #957: Dec 03, 2016 11:17:29 am
      Is he playing todaY????
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #958: Dec 03, 2016 11:26:19 am

Hope not mate, we play tomorrow  ;)
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #959: Dec 03, 2016 11:40:54 am
      Hope not mate, we play tomorrow  ;)

Yeah yeah yeah,i know,is he playing
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #960: Dec 03, 2016 11:43:19 am

Think so mate yeah  :gt-happyup:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #961: Dec 03, 2016 11:49:22 am

Hold on I'll ask Mystic Meg.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #962: Dec 04, 2016 04:59:24 pm
      Probably his worst game this season but clearly not match fit which sort of sums up our squad depth as we are extremely thin outside of the first team.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #963: Dec 04, 2016 06:56:38 pm
      He was poor but I guess if he isn't fit then it's a reasonable excuse.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #964: Dec 05, 2016 07:44:13 am
      I don't understand when he and Matip both got injured!!! Was enough for Joel (and I still don't know what the injury is) not to play but what injury did Firmino get?

Was a shadow of himself yesterday, maybe he just missed his little Brazilian friend, like we all did.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #965: Dec 06, 2016 02:37:05 am

Quick Reply