Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Where will finish in May?

1st.
      9 (13.6%)
      2nd - 4th
      35 (53%)
      5th - 7th
      22 (33.3%)
      8th and below.
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Aug 09, 2015 08:45:37 pm

Realistic expectation for 2015-16 season (Poll added)

Read 26833 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Re: Realistic expectation for new season
      Reply #138: Jul 27, 2015 07:28:25 pm
      More doom and gloom i think. A poor start, disorganisation on the pitch, plenty of goals conceded and probably a change of manager by November.
      The new roofs gona look good though.

The first 15 MINUTES of the STOKE game will tell us if these players have grown some hairs on their balls, or if they are just hoping to get through the game without getting their arse kicked.
      If they ,and Rodgers , cannot show they have a debt to settle with Stoke , Then just what can we expect for the rest of the season?
      WE ARE LIVERPOOL, COME AND F**k US AT YOUR PLEASURE???

Mate are you a Liverpool fan?
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #139: Jul 27, 2015 07:48:17 pm

Yes, since 1977.why do you ask?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #140: Jul 27, 2015 08:12:46 pm
      More doom and gloom i think. A poor start, disorganisation on the pitch, plenty of goals conceded and probably a change of manager by November.
      The new roofs gona look good though.

The first 15 MINUTES of the STOKE game will tell us if these players have grown some hairs on their balls, or if they are just hoping to get through the game without getting their arse kicked.
      If they ,and Rodgers , cannot show they have a debt to settle with Stoke , Then just what can we expect for the rest of the season?
      WE ARE LIVERPOOL, COME AND F**k US AT YOUR PLEASURE???

Loving the doom and gloom! Reading Federer's posts must make your day!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #141: Jul 27, 2015 08:42:38 pm

Can imagine you're a right laugh down the pub son.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #142: Jul 27, 2015 09:24:52 pm
      Can imagine you're a right laugh down the pub son.

Your right , i am.
      This is the thread for realistic expectations for this season and this is what i expect
      Of course i would love us to get off to a flyer, and our new players to really make a huge difference to our team.
      I just don't expect it.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #143: Jul 27, 2015 09:48:36 pm
      Realistically speaking, I'd like to be entertained and feel some comfort that we'll stay solid in defence. Rather than a roller-coaster experience. Bearing that in mind, we are going to win something this season. My gut is actually saying the league title.
      RedKalel
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts | 23 
      Reply #144: Jul 27, 2015 09:51:16 pm
      Your right , i am.
      This is the thread for realistic expectations for this season and this is what i expect
      Of course i would love us to get off to a flyer, and our new players to really make a huge difference to our team.
      I just don't expect it.

I think win a cup and top 4 is defo achievable, i think with a few weeks to go its a time to be positive. As for not expecting the new players to make an impact?? When did we right off players before they even play? I dont exactly remember Suarez or Torres or even Alonso being world class when we signed them. Liverpool fc made them into world superstars. I believe that Milner and Firmino in particular have the same potential. So i am positive and i believe our new players will make an impact and we will push for a title or at least a cup. Thats my expectation anyway :-)
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #145: Jul 28, 2015 05:36:52 am
      I think win a cup and top 4 is defo achievable, i think with a few weeks to go its a time to be positive. As for not expecting the new players to make an impact?? When did we right off players before they even play? I dont exactly remember Suarez or Torres or even Alonso being world class when we signed them. Liverpool fc made them into world superstars. I believe that Milner and Firmino in particular have the same potential. So i am positive and i believe our new players will make an impact and we will push for a title or at least a cup. Thats my expectation anyway :-)

Fair dinkum
      Kaliberbeats
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #146: Jul 28, 2015 09:27:02 am
      Based on form over the last few seasons I'd have to go with 5th. Can't see any of the current top 4 dropping down  :-[
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #147: Jul 28, 2015 10:55:36 am
      Based on form over the last few seasons I'd have to go with 5th. Can't see any of the current top 4 dropping down  :-[
      Based on form of previous season?

We finished 7th in the season previous to our 2nd place finish while having Suarez.

Lets see how the first few matches turn out before showing the negativity.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #148: Jul 28, 2015 01:16:46 pm
      expectations.

top 4 and/ or a trophy

wishes

not to have massive heart rate spikes whenever opposition has a freekick deep in our final third.  we sucked so bad on those
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #149: Jul 28, 2015 03:54:12 pm
      I just hope we stay positive till xmas and then see where we are and go from there. i would like a Europa final and FA cup final this season. minimum place in the league 5th anything lower and its game over for BR and could cause the likes of Coutinho to start looking at the door we need CL football for a few years in a row.
      Kaliberbeats
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #150: Jul 29, 2015 08:25:26 am
      Based on form of previous season?

We finished 7th in the season previous to our 2nd place finish while having Suarez.

Lets see how the first few matches turn out before showing the negativity.
      The man asked a question and I answered.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #151: Jul 29, 2015 11:41:05 am
      First. Should be the expectation every season at Liverpool Football Club.

First will be the expectation at all of our rivals.

The players of our rivals play under that pressure and expectation. Time for our well paid players to have the same expectation placed upon them.

The words 'that 4th spot' drive me insane. You never hear the other clubs talking about it.

First please .... then mourinho can moan that we bought the title.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #152: Jul 29, 2015 12:39:20 pm
      I just hope we have a plan and an identity this season as last season it looked as if we had no clue how we wanted to set up and who we wanted to be our main 11. Looking into pre-season a little to much probably it looks as if Hendo and Milner are the first two names and the team sheet. so a 4-1-4- formation with Big ben leading the line and the brazilians feeding off him. i think we can get into top 4 but only if we are in a good place come game 10 of the season if we are not in a 4th spot game 10 i think we need to focus on winning Europa to get CL football
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,526 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #153: Jul 29, 2015 01:18:08 pm
      win most home games, draw most away games, nicking some away wins. Thats 2 points per game average. That's 72 points, thats top 4 territory, minimum requirement.

Jobs a good un.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #154: Jul 30, 2015 08:35:23 pm
      We clearly have the 5th best squad in the league.

5th should be the minimum. We should be fighting for 4th at least.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #155: Jul 30, 2015 08:50:58 pm
      win most home games, draw most away games, nicking some away wins. Thats 2 points per game average. That's 72 points, thats top 4 territory, minimum requirement.

Jobs a good un.

38 1-0 stressful wins I'm sure we will all be happy with.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #156: Aug 02, 2015 12:00:23 am
      So we have a number of new recruits, some more quality than others. We have a new solid c mid, in Milner. We have a quality ball player who's not afraid of hard work, in Firminho, and we have a beast up front kin Benteke. We have a much improved r back in Klyne and a striker who could come good with decent service in Danny Ings.
      So what about the new assistant manager and new coach. can they do their bit and get the tactics right ? Especially against the "top 4" Haven't seen any evidence of that happening to date, so hope there's a massive improvement there.
      If so i'd go for top 4, if not 6th could be on the cards, and Brendan being handed his.
      Gotta get the defence organised Brendan, or it could be your downfall this year.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4925 
      Reply #157: Aug 02, 2015 12:02:58 am
      We clearly have the 5th best squad in the league.

5th should be the minimum. We should be fighting for 4th at least.

I'm not so sure it's so clear that our squad is 5th best. I see it that we are defintiely among the top 5 strongest squads and if we play to our best then I'd like to think we will be among the case for the top positons come April.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #158: Aug 02, 2015 08:01:02 pm
      I think there a number of reasons why we will do so much better than last season. The Luis hangover is gone, the Gerrard issue done with last seasons intake will be better prepared and this seasons intake include important  premier league players. I think Gary Mac is an inspired choice and Brendan will want to prove 2014 wasn't a fluke. City have not looked good Utd have issues over goalie and Strikers and Chelsea are just f***in horrible. I think Arsenal lack bite so yes I do think we can surprise people and go all the way.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #159: Aug 05, 2015 06:01:23 pm
      So, according to an article in the echo tonight nearly every journalist in the national rags has us finishing 5th. Also Danny Murphy the same and some dirty get called collymore.

Also, and randomly, 28 of 29 experts at the BBC have us finishing outside the top 4. The BBC have too many experts.

They're all gonna feel pretty damn stupid when we win the league.

;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #160: Aug 05, 2015 06:20:42 pm
      I think there a number of reasons why we will do so much better than last season. The Luis hangover is gone, the Gerrard issue done with last seasons intake will be better prepared and this seasons intake include important  premier league players. I think Gary Mac is an inspired choice and Brendan will want to prove 2014 wasn't a fluke. City have not looked good Utd have issues over goalie and Strikers and Chelsea are just f***in horrible. I think Arsenal lack bite so yes I do think we can surprise people and go all the way.

Love the positivity

Quick Reply