Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Where will finish in May?

1st.
      9 (13.6%)
      2nd - 4th
      35 (53%)
      5th - 7th
      22 (33.3%)
      8th and below.
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Aug 09, 2015 08:45:37 pm

Realistic expectation for 2015-16 season (Poll added)

Read 26803 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4893 
      Re: Realistic expectation for 2015-16 season (Poll added)
      Reply #207: May 10, 2016 10:05:06 am
      Just score some goals lads.

That'd be great.

This was my initial response.

Without looking at any stats it definitely feels like we found scoring goals a bit easier this season.

ScottMcL05
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #208: May 10, 2016 04:25:39 pm
      I'd be happy with a good campaign in Europe and 4th or 5th. Depending on the upcoming transfer window.

Klopp is building us for the future. If we can get into the top four I can see us starting to make a title challenge in two years or so.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #209: May 10, 2016 06:59:43 pm
      I voted 5th to 7th.

Hoped for a cup run but definitely didn't expect a European final.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #210: May 11, 2016 09:32:31 am
      This was my initial response.

Without looking at any stats it definitely feels like we found scoring goals a bit easier this season.

Yeah goals Si - there's deffo more of them and while the increase has actually meant F**k all in the terms of league position or points tally; with any luck we will see the benefit of them in the shape of the UEFA Cup.  8)

On "initial posts" - my initial prediction [based on transfers we had made]...

As it stands - I reckon Firmino is a first team improver [although the loss of Sterling mitigates that to an extent]; Milner is, in my opinion, an improvement on Allen but maybe not on Gerrard [50/50?]; Ings I genuinely like as I can see how he fits but it all depends on game time [jury out only because of that] and Clyne is a definite improvement on what little we had at right-back.

So, to date, I'm marginally swaying more towards an improvement on last season. Would that be enough to see us back in one of the top slots? I doubt it.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #211: May 14, 2016 06:44:31 pm
      Strenghten in the transfer window and f****g win the league! Win the Europa league on wednesday and get to the quarterfinals of the Champions league at least.

YNWA!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #212: May 14, 2016 08:07:57 pm
      I would say 8th in the league and EL winners.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 334 
      Reply #213: May 14, 2016 08:31:24 pm
      I hope for Klopp's sake that we challenge for the title next year.  That's a prediction by the way.
      Just hope Klopp avoids the boo boys if we struggle to put a challenge together again.
      It always interests me how we don't seem to find any consistency until after the New Year each season, i.e. when its too late!  Any thoughts?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #214: May 15, 2016 08:37:56 pm
      I hope for Klopp's sake that we challenge for the title next year.  That's a prediction by the way.
      Just hope Klopp avoids the boo boys if we struggle to put a challenge together again.
      It always interests me how we don't seem to find any consistency until after the New Year each season, i.e. when its too late!  Any thoughts?

Absolutely imperative we get off to a good start next season, simply because if you don't your forever playing catch up and we all know how hard that is !!

Two years ago, when we almost won the title, we got off to a cracking start and kept the momentum going all season, winning becomes a very nice habit  8)

Quick Reply