Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Where will finish in May?

1st.
      9 (13.6%)
      2nd - 4th
      35 (53%)
      5th - 7th
      22 (33.3%)
      8th and below.
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Aug 09, 2015 08:45:37 pm

Realistic expectation for 2015-16 season (Poll added)

Read 26815 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Realistic expectation for new season
      Reply #23: Jun 24, 2015 08:02:33 pm
      The Mancs will be minus their 'get us out the sh*t 'keeper', Ramos or whoever is just one of the ten daily targets the manc press would have you believe are frantic to play for the also rans.

I've never known a team's final position in the league to have been influenced so greatly by their goalkeeper as De Gea did for Manchester United. Utterly anodyne beyond him.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #24: Jun 24, 2015 08:07:48 pm
      I too want to see more fight, I want to see our players playing with passion as tho the really f***in mean it, I want us to be ruthless not toothless, I want to see us going I up then 2 up and still have the hunger to get a third and fourth,

I want to see us compete for every f***in point we can get, I want to see us fight to the death in cup games, and I want us to be competing for the top spots and in with a better than average chance of actually qualifying for CL, so minimum for me is top 4,

What I don't want to see is capitulation to teams 9 times out of ten we'd wipe the floor with, nor do I want to see us exiting cup comps before the last eight,

I want to see our players putting in a shift, every f***in game, no shirkers or your f***in out, I think they owe us from last season, especially the last month, I'd be asking them to look back and ask if they were proud of their performances as professional sportsmen, Rodgers included, never again do I want to see my team lacking in passion or fight like that, ever again.

This is a new start, a new chapter, I want our players to show us what it means to play for LFC, and not for the very large cheque they receive every month.

All our past legends and heroes played like their lives depended on it and to some extent it did, I know today's attitude is different but as professionals I want to see them play as if the give a F**k !

YNWA
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #25: Jun 25, 2015 12:17:09 am
      Drop the price of the hotdogs .
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,986 posts | 222 
      Reply #26: Jun 25, 2015 12:20:12 am
      to have an amazing start to the season for once
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #27: Jun 25, 2015 12:28:32 am
      Drop the price of the hotdogs .

Meat filled Dunkin Doughnuts
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,002 posts | 3350 
      Reply #28: Jun 25, 2015 12:50:29 am
      I expect us to go into every single game with the players, managers and fans expecting to win.

F**k all this "oh a points a good result here" or "I'd take a drawer there". F**k off. Go into the game with the mentality of we're gonna F***ing turn these cu*ts over. You do that, you win a lot F***ing more than you lose.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #29: Jun 25, 2015 12:54:45 am
      I think if we don't get any leaders, then we will flatter to deceive.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4897 
      Reply #30: Jun 25, 2015 01:16:31 am
      I expect us to go into every single game with the players, managers and fans expecting to win.

F**k all this "oh a points a good result here" or "I'd take a drawer there". F**k off. Go into the game with the mentality of we're gonna F***ing turn these cu*ts over. You do that, you win a lot F***ing more than you lose.

Yep.

I'm all for prioritising when needed but your are right Billy that if we go into each game like its one we have to win, no matter who is playing, we'll win more than we lose.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #31: Jun 25, 2015 01:23:22 am
      If that thrashing by Stoke doesn't give the team motivation to win on the first day, nothing will.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #32: Jun 25, 2015 01:27:51 am
      Yep.

I'm all for prioritising when needed but your are right Billy that if we go into each game like its one we have to win, no matter who is playing, we'll win more than we lose.

This is true but also for the opposition. If we bought a Sergio Ramos, then we buy a very good player who has won everything and plays with self assurance and experience in all situations. We are not going for those players because FSG presumably think we can't compete by using the same rules as the richer clubs so we need to change strategy. We may buy players with talent sure but self assured players with experience in all situations .. no!

Confidence quickly drains. However, what else can we do.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4897 
      Reply #33: Jun 25, 2015 01:30:41 am
      This is true but also for the opposition. If we bought a Sergio Ramos, then we buy a very good player who has won everything and plays with self assurance and experience in all situations. We are not going for those players because FSG presumably think we can't compete by using the same rules as the richer clubs so we need to change strategy. We may buy players with talent sure but self assured players with experience in all situations .. no!

Confidence quickly drains. However, what else can we do.

Sergio Ramos is sh*te though.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #34: Jun 25, 2015 01:33:11 am

If he goes to UTD then yes he's utter sh*te.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #35: Jun 25, 2015 04:28:20 am
      I see lot of people expecting a title challenge after Firimino signing. To be frank, unless Sterling stays we haven't improved our first XI yet, may lost some pace in attack (Sterling . Firmino) and gained some mobility at the middle (Stevie G . Milner ).

However the positive thing is we went for bit proven player ( and Brazil NT player) instead usual one season wonders.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36: Jun 25, 2015 04:48:36 am
      I see lot of people expecting a title challenge after Firimino signing.

I have not seen anyone expecting a title challenge...we should go into every season with that being the goal but have not seen people expecting to have Firmino put us over the top.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #37: Jun 25, 2015 05:09:38 am
      I have not seen anyone expecting a title challenge...we should go into every season with that being the goal but have not seen people expecting to have Firmino put us over the top.

AZ I have said many times that I go into every season expecting to win the league this season is no different, sadly this has not happened for many a season. Irrespective of who is the owner or manager to win the E.P.L. is what Liverpool fans covet most of all. It is sad that we have millions of supporters who have never witnessed the MIGHTY REDS win the league.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,547 posts | 3906 
      Reply #38: Jun 25, 2015 07:46:36 am
      A cup win, semi finals or better in the Europa and a top 5 finish (I still can't see us breaking the top 4)

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #39: Jun 25, 2015 10:16:55 am
      Top 4 minimum, a trophy and playing football I enjoyed so much in "that" season.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #40: Jun 25, 2015 10:23:17 am
      I just want to see us playing as a team,dont get careles and fight for every point.It would be great to fight for top4 spot.Last season was the one to forget as quick as possible,but in the next season i think things will only get better,especially if we get Clyne and Bacca.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #41: Jun 25, 2015 10:43:29 am
      I see lot of people expecting a title challenge after Firimino signing. To be frank, unless Sterling stays we haven't improved our first XI yet, may lost some pace in attack (Sterling . Firmino) and gained some mobility at the middle (Stevie G . Milner ).

However the positive thing is we went for bit proven player ( and Brazil NT player) instead usual one season wonders.

Most LFC fans go into every season believing we can win the league, because anything is possible.
      The owners going after solid talent such as Milner and Firmino shows intent/ambition. So it only adds to that belief rather than not knowing the quality of a new signing.

I really don't want to come across like I've got a vendetta but I see no alternative,  Sterling can not stay and won't get my support, I support the whole team rather than an individual who thinks he's better than he actually is.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #42: Jun 25, 2015 05:13:44 pm
      If we can get a good striker then the sky is the limit, we could totally blank last season and start where we finished the season before!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #43: Jun 25, 2015 07:45:00 pm
      Much depends on what the other teams do, but I think it's pretty much a certainty all of the teams which finished above us will strengthen.

Chelsea will still be strong at the back and will add in a replacement for Remy. Theirs is a strong team with only Terry coming towards the end (although I think he'll still be good for a season or two), given they have Mourinho and a settled side now, they'd be my title favourites. We've got a mile to make up on them and it's beyond us IMHO.

Arsenal will possibly lose Koschielny, and Mertersacker isn't getting younger. That said they do have some excellent players in the top 2/3 of the pitch, and I'd expect them to improve with the addition of Cech. Catching them is not impossible but unlikely IMHO, unless Can or Markovic or Lovren suddenly leave last seasons form well behind, and a suigning or two really pulls up trees.

Man City will obviously blow their wad on many players (including Sterling) and I'd expect them to challenge Chelsea strongly for the title. As such I don't think it's realistic to expect to finish above them, unless they get heavily involved in the Champions League.

The Mancs will strengthen again with some heavy spending, equally it's sensible to expect the likes of Di Maria to get much better.

Realistically for me anywhere in the top four is an excellent achievement, fifth is probably par once again. in the cups you need a bit of luck with the draw, but losing at the semi final stages to Aston Villa is piss poor.
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #44: Jun 25, 2015 08:06:51 pm
      Think we have to go all out at the Europa League, I believe the PL is losing the 4th place qualifying spot for the Champions League and I doubt we will get 3rd. It's pretty much our only path to the Champions League.

The FA Cup would be nice also as ever, however I would be happy with a good cup run.

In the League I just hope we don't let ourselves down again and play with the freedom of 13/14 again and be challenging for Champions League places.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #45: Jun 26, 2015 10:03:05 am

So sh*te he's won them the UCL.

Quick Reply