Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Where will finish in May?

1st.
      9 (13.6%)
      2nd - 4th
      35 (53%)
      5th - 7th
      22 (33.3%)
      8th and below.
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Aug 09, 2015 08:45:37 pm

Realistic expectation for 2015-16 season (Poll added)

Read 26823 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Re: Realistic expectation for new season
      Reply #46: Jun 26, 2015 01:50:21 pm
      Challenge for the title, challenge for every trophy.

Simples really.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #47: Jun 26, 2015 01:57:11 pm

So did Djimi Traore.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,036 posts | 334 
      Reply #48: Jun 26, 2015 05:12:59 pm
      Realistic is an interesting word. 

The first time we ever won the European Cup, did the team and manager begin that campaign telling each other "Let's be realistic"?

Of course not.  You play to win, to be first.  Otherwise what's the point?  Just accept that it's all just a business now and the rich guys always win?  If so, we might as well all stay at home.

Shankly: Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.

I expect Liverpool Football Club to win the League and to be Champions of Europe.  I hope to god that Brendan Rodgers, the Directors, the players, the kit man and ball boys do too.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #49: Jun 26, 2015 10:54:24 pm
      We must be consistent ... we can't be struggling to get three points from teams like C   Palace .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #50: Jun 26, 2015 10:59:56 pm

Was going to be my reply. ;D

In all seriousness Ramos is obviously a better footballer than Djimi but I have never rated him and think he is a poor defender.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #51: Jun 26, 2015 11:17:40 pm
      I expect us to go into every single game with the players, managers and fans expecting to win.

F**k all this "oh a points a good result here" or "I'd take a drawer there". F**k off. Go into the game with the mentality of we're gonna f**king turn these cu*ts over. You do that, you win a lot f**king more than you lose.
      Spot on dunlop.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #52: Jun 26, 2015 11:39:00 pm
      We seem to be making decent signings for the middle of the park, Firminho being a great coup. I think Milner can boss the c mid role with his work rate and power. Hendo can do the leg work with Lucas sat behind them. Thats a good start. With Sturridge on the sick bed, who's gonna get us goals consistently, and when are we gonna do something about our lousy defence ? Individually, they would compliment most teams, but as a unit they have been dour. If we don't improve there, I think we could have another  poor season. 6th at best, and europe will be an embarrassment again. Cup runs won't get beyond the quarters.
      A top quality striker and a well organised defence and we could be looking at europa cup semi's. Top 4 prem and a good domestic cup run.
      Unfortunately, Brendan doesn't seem to see these positions of weakness as a priority.  His tactics are also questionable to often, and I don't see him improving any for 2015/16. 
      I see us having lots of possession, creating lots of chances, but failing to finnish them, and still leak goals at the back for fun.
      Not a very optimistic out look I have to agree, Just how I see it with our current squad and manager.
      I pray to god i'm wrong, and we go all the way in europe, get a good cup run, and finish in top 4.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #53: Jun 27, 2015 05:10:20 am
      Theoretically we should concentrate on one game at a time but which infact can never be true.

So i expect atleast good football and no more bottling against rivals.Do that and silverware will be assured.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #54: Jun 27, 2015 09:36:01 am
      I used to think we could win any game.  That was under Rafa.

Under Kenny, during his second spell, it felt like any result was possible, win, lose or draw.

2014-15, under Rodgers, we had a spell where I thought we couldn't get beat, but we bookended that with performances that led me believe we could lose to anyone.

I know which one I was happier under.  Lots of changes this summer, want to see how they gel before I have expectations.  I hope we win every game, but it is up to the players and manager, unless you're happy to be self-delusional, to instil that as a belief.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #55: Jun 27, 2015 03:08:04 pm
      Was going to be my reply. ;D

In all seriousness Ramos is obviously a better footballer than Djimi but I have never rated him and think he is a poor defender.

Same here.
      He's dirty, falls over at the slightest touch, his positioning often isn't very good, and because RM are so dominant going forwards, people think he's better  than he really is.
      I'm not saying he's bad, but somewhat overrated.
      welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #56: Jun 27, 2015 04:47:40 pm
      1) A good home record
      2) A top six finish in the league
      3) At least one trophy from the League Cup, the FA Cup or the Europa League

If anything the team needs to get back to playing football and ensuring other teams turn up at Anfield feeling as if its going to be an uphill battle before they even start the game. Far too many teams turn up at Anfield thinking they can get something when that should never be the case. It should be a fortress.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #57: Jun 28, 2015 04:10:55 am
      A fit Benteke (if signed) and Sturridge will get us back to top-4. If we can get our f**king defence sorted out, I expect us to displace United for the 4th spot.

Cups - I'm expecting 2 semi finals and at least 1 trophy, and would prefer the EL
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #58: Jun 28, 2015 04:19:03 am
      I was wandering if people would rather win the Europa League (thus qualifying for the champions league) and only finish 6th-7th in the league again, or would people rather get into the top four and show some progress in the league?

I'd rather win the the cup, doesn't matter how you get in the champo league and a bit of silverware is always fun!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #59: Jun 28, 2015 06:20:34 am
      same thing i've expected the last few years

SOMETHING
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #60: Jun 28, 2015 05:09:10 pm
      Not getting totally and utterly humiliated by Stoke would be a good expectation to start with.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #61: Jun 28, 2015 08:34:53 pm
      it all depends on how BR performs. I dont expect him to do miracles, i just want him to show he has learned from his mistakes and stop forcing players to play in different positions. If BR keeps his shitt together and the players do their part then we can reach top 4 but honestly we are miles away from winning the league.
      That said, there is always something inside hoping that we win something, and i keep telling myself that we are not good enough. I always end up feeling disapointed at the end of season.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #62: Jun 30, 2015 12:53:23 am
      Is there any chance that threads like this can be stopped until we are actually near the first game of the Season and can actually gauge our expectations on the composition of our actual Squad?
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #63: Jun 30, 2015 12:26:45 pm
      The signs don't look good though do they - if this was Game of Thrones, Brendan wouldn't have a head.

Our best player ever has left. Our second best player will leave. We haven't yet improved any of the areas, except maybe right back.

We still have nothing up front, a dodgy keeper, no leaders and nothing other than Coutiniho to create.

Ings looked average in the U21s and couldn't hit a barn door, making Rickie Lambert look like a good buy again. Origio was part of the worst side in france...

So I would say more of the same, we finished last season like Newcastle, it was the worst kind of team you could imagine - how is that going to change in 3 months?

7th again
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #64: Jun 30, 2015 01:03:52 pm
      top 4 is realistic so far on the signings made as Utd and Arsenal dont look stronger to me. but the window opens tomorrow so we will see come august. UTD have just a tougher 6 game start as us so it all depends on who does the best after first 10 games then we can judge.

if we come 5th i just hope we win Europa along the way and get CL that way
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #65: Jun 30, 2015 09:20:47 pm
      3rd. If we are playing well enough to finish in third we should have a good season all round. Love to see our new signings hit the ground running, especially Firmino and Milner. Hope to see more from Lallana best season.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #66: Jun 30, 2015 09:27:17 pm
      Realistic expectation for the new season would be for the supporters to continue to be at each others throats.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #67: Jul 01, 2015 03:09:31 am
      Let's sign a striker before we get ahead of ourselves.

Clyne, Milner, Firmino are good additions to the starting 11, but none of their positions were our biggest problem last year.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #68: Jul 01, 2015 03:12:56 am
      Let's sign a striker before we get ahead of ourselves.

Clyne, Milner, Firmino are good additions to the starting 11, but none of their positions were our biggest problem last year.

Benito, who would you pick for striker/s?

Quick Reply