Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Nathaniel Clyne (Contract Expired)

Read 105504 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Nathaniel Clyne Player Thread
      Reply #138: May 18, 2016 11:39:17 pm
      Player of the season for us.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #139: May 18, 2016 11:40:42 pm
      I thought this lad hasn't had the praise he deserved tonight. Rock solid start to finish.

Quite right. As Moreno has had all the faults pointed out in him, Clyne has shown the opposite. Quality defending and attacking.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,479 posts | 231 
      Reply #140: May 20, 2016 01:14:10 am
      A very decent first season, the perfect replacement for Glenn Johnson. Long may it continue
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Reply #141: May 20, 2016 01:25:14 am
      Maybe not spectacular,  but the small amount of negative discussion that he gets tells me how good of a player he's been for us. At least one position isn't in need of an immediate upgrade next season. 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #142: May 20, 2016 01:36:55 am
      Maybe not spectacular,  but the small amount of negative discussion that he gets tells me how good of a player he's been for us. At least one position isn't in need of an immediate upgrade next season. 

Cover for him given that Flanno and Randall don't offer that much? Or can Milner deputise their when needed?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Reply #143: May 20, 2016 01:38:35 am
      Cover for him given that Flanno and Randall don't offer that much? Or can Milner deputise their when needed?

Cover absolutely, but to me we don't need to upgrade over Clyne.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #144: May 20, 2016 04:18:53 am

Nah, don't think we should be using our budget on a backup right back. Give Flanagan a chance to recover because he'll be a decent enough deputy and we have Milner who can cover there in case of emergency. Given that we're not in Europe next season, I think it'd be a waste to spend money on too many squad players.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #145: Sep 17, 2016 03:51:31 pm
      No comments in this thread since May?!

Have to say I thought he was unheralded yesterday. Did an excellent job in defence keeping Hazard quiet for the whole game. Mr Reliable.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,479 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #146: Sep 17, 2016 04:07:48 pm
      Like Clyne, gets on about his job quietly and efficiently. Dependable guy. Probably better in defense rather than attack, but I'll settle for a defender being better in defense than attack any day.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #147: Sep 17, 2016 04:08:05 pm
      No comments in this thread since May?!

Have to say I thought he was unheralded yesterday. Did an excellent job in defence keeping Hazard quiet for the whole game. Mr Reliable.

Thought he was very good yesterday too. He was pretty average last few games, but looks to be back to his best now.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #148: Sep 17, 2016 04:17:27 pm
      The weakest link.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #149: Jan 01, 2017 02:40:04 pm
      Is it just me or does anyone else think every time Clyne takes a throw in it looks like a foul throw?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #150: Jan 01, 2017 03:03:26 pm
      Is it just me or does anyone else think every time Clyne takes a throw in it looks like a foul throw?

Yep haha, thought that for a little while now. In the past few weeks noticed a few referess look twice before allowing play on.

His ability (or lack of) on the ball really gets me down, very few complaints with his defending however. 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #151: Jan 02, 2017 09:48:31 pm
      A special mention for Nat as someone who gets regularly slated for his attacking play but has in fact recently probably been better than Milner in the attacking sense.

But what a engine on this lad still full of beans when all else around him looked like they were playing with lead in their legs.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #152: Jan 21, 2017 02:41:57 pm
      Never seen Clyne play so atrociously which is a major worry for someone you almost guaranteed would give you no less than a 6.

It reminded me (and the whole team in genereal) of England's shambolic loss to Croatia 9 years ago with Clyne putting in a fine impression of Wayne Bridge.

It was so bad defensively and offensively that I have no qualms about TAA coming in and doing it himself.

Concerned is not the word.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #153: Jan 21, 2017 03:34:08 pm
      Give him the benefit of the doubt that his ribs might still be sore, certainly no worse than Milner.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #154: Jan 21, 2017 03:53:57 pm
      Should never have played, TAA should have kept his place.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Reply #155: Jan 21, 2017 05:59:17 pm
      I really like Clyne, I think as far as defenders go, he rarely gives you anything to be concerned with....but with so much of our attack going through our  fullbacks, and especially today through Clyne...I wonder if we shouldn't consider someone that's a better technical player with the ability to beat a man.  Seems a lot of nice balls went to Clyne and nothing came of it after he made a bad decision, or was displaced of the ball. 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #156: Jan 21, 2017 07:51:05 pm
      Give him the benefit of the doubt that his ribs might still be sore, certainly no worse than Milner.

Watched it in the pub with a bitter and after watching that I think his ribs were sore F***ing laughing at the joker.

How can any professional footballer be as bad Clyne is on the ball?

What the F**k is going on? Reminds me of Ally Cissikho when he got forward but on the other wing.

Jesus wept.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,183 posts | 911 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #157: Jan 21, 2017 09:09:28 pm
      Very disappointed in Clyne's form the last month, he was are most consistent player last season
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #158: Jan 21, 2017 09:44:42 pm
      Needs to be replaced with TAA for a couple of games see if that wakes him up.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Reply #159: Jan 21, 2017 10:20:36 pm
      Pearce says he played with pain killing injections.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #160: Jan 21, 2017 10:29:27 pm
      Pearce says he played with pain killing injections.

Fair play if he did and he wasn't at his best. Nowhere near so bad as some claimed, and he remains a quality right full back. The problem of him having to play with injections is caused by our squad being too thin, simple as that. 

Quick Reply