Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFCREDS Fantasy Premier League 2015-16

Read 28635 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: LFCREDS Fantasy Premier League 2015-16
      Reply #46: Jul 31, 2015 11:00:04 am
      Think Coutinho and Jordan are absolute steals. Maybe even Firmino if he settles quickly.

This is what i've got right now. It'll change :D

Somebody else with Cedric ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Jul 31, 2015 01:11:21 pm

A Southampton fullback at 5.0? Bargain ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #48: Jul 31, 2015 03:26:33 pm
      Costa and Cahill are both fit for the Charity Shield so it looks like Costa will be fit for the start of the season if anybody is thinking of putting him in.
      Bier
      Reply #49: Jul 31, 2015 06:41:43 pm
      I'm in too. Still a week left to fill in my squad but feel like I might go for some risky choices.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #50: Jul 31, 2015 06:43:21 pm
      Think Coutinho and Jordan are absolute steals. Maybe even Firmino if he settles quickly.

This is what i've got right now. It'll change :D

Looking a good team that mate. I've been thinking about putting Tadic in.

Think you should get a Chav defender in though, they will get a lot of clean sheets again I expect.

A Southampton fullback at 5.0? Bargain ;D

I had Cedric at one point but had to swap for Yoshida who is cheaper.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #51: Aug 01, 2015 04:20:55 am
      Looking a good team that mate. I've been thinking about putting Tadic in.

Think you should get a Chav defender in though, they will get a lot of clean sheets again I expect.

I had Cedric at one point but had to swap for Yoshida who is cheaper.

I had Azpilicueta in but changed it. They don't have the best fixtures to start so I'll throw him back in later, and I needed money for Hazard.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #52: Aug 01, 2015 09:17:10 am
      Finally cracked how to upload my team. Firmino and Benteke are regarded as doubtful due to lack of match fitness, it's making me want to change my team again  :-\

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #53: Aug 01, 2015 02:11:27 pm
      Changed my team again :/
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #54: Aug 01, 2015 03:15:00 pm

You'll only be able to use that formation once during the season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #55: Aug 01, 2015 04:51:29 pm
      Finally cracked how to upload my team. Firmino and Benteke are regarded as doubtful due to lack of match fitness, it's making me want to change my team again  :-\

My money is on them not playing the full 90. Think Ings will play the first game.

Brave formation already :D
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      Reply #56: Aug 01, 2015 04:54:45 pm
      You'll only be able to use that formation once during the season.

Are you sure? Did not know it :( I will not use it on the first day then. Thanks

Why brave?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #57: Aug 01, 2015 05:29:56 pm

Using one of your chips in the first gameweek.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #58: Aug 01, 2015 07:34:30 pm
      Are you sure? Did not know it :( I will not use it on the first day then. Thanks
      Why brave?

Normally you can only use a minimum of 3 defenders. Wacky formations like 2-5-3 aren't usually allowed but they've introduced those chips that Crouch mentioned whereby you can go all out attack, have a captain with triple points or where you get all your players' points (inc. subs). They can only be played once each during the course of the season so use them wisely.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #59: Aug 01, 2015 09:02:31 pm

Been tinkering again  :) could be goals in this team hopefully if they all find form.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      Reply #60: Aug 02, 2015 09:45:38 am
      Normally you can only use a minimum of 3 defenders. Wacky formations like 2-5-3 aren't usually allowed but they've introduced those chips that Crouch mentioned whereby you can go all out attack, have a captain with triple points or where you get all your players' points (inc. subs). They can only be played once each during the course of the season so use them wisely.

Thanks, good to know.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #61: Aug 03, 2015 08:22:35 am
      Had to change Diego Costa, i had him as my captain, but he's doubtful, can't risk it. Also, i'm thinking changing Mirallas with Barkley.

« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2015 08:40:01 am by GeorgeRed »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #62: Aug 03, 2015 02:16:15 pm
      Had to change Diego Costa, i had him as my captain, but he's doubtful, can't risk it. Also, i'm thinking changing Mirallas with Barkley.

The question is George...if you don't get results early, are you going to call for sacking the manager?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #63: Aug 04, 2015 03:33:03 pm

You a closet blue? :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #64: Aug 04, 2015 03:42:01 pm
      Fantasy Premier League: How to become a champion

Have you picked your Fantasy Football team for the new season yet?

Last season, 36-year-old Simon March, who works in digital marketing, beat more than 3.5 million others to the Premier League title. Here he shares his secrets, including his 10 top tips for picking and managing a winning side.

1. The key players

Top picks: Wayne Rooney, Diego Costa, Jordan Henderson, David Silva

Having already delivered season after season, Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero practically pick themselves, as might Alexis Sanchez after his explosive debut season at Arsenal.

However, with doubts over whether the latter two will start the season following their late return from the Copa America in Chile, I think Wayne Rooney offers a great early season captaincy option at Manchester United. Now stationed up front, Rooney has an excellent goalscoring record against each of his first three opponents - Tottenham, Aston Villa and Newcastle.

Fit-again Diego Costa is hard to ignore after delivering so consistently for Chelsea last season and Jordan Henderson looks good value as he appears poised to inherit set-pieces in the wake of Steven Gerrard's departure at Liverpool.

Finally, David Silva's consistency and all-round involvement in Manchester City's attacking play makes him another intuitive selection.

2. Players to keep an eye on

Worth a look: Callum Wilson, Troy Deeney, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Patrick Bamford, Matt Ritchie, Memphis Depay, Dimitri Payet, Mesut Ozil, Yaya Toure, Juan Mata, Diafra Sakho

There is plenty of potential value among the players new to the Premier League this season, especially in the forward positions.

Bournemouth's Callum Wilson and Watford's Troy Deeney (both Championship) and Newcastle's Aleksandar Mitrovic (Belgian top flight) are arriving off the back of prolific goalscoring seasons in their respective divisions.

Chelsea loanee and Championship Player of the Season Patrick Bamford will gain lots of attention if he can cement a spot up front in Alan Pardew's increasingly attacking Crystal Palace team.

Finally, in the budget-friendly category, with set-pieces and plenty of attacking threat, Bournemouth midfielder Matt Ritchie could be the one to watch if he can reproduce last season's Championship title-inspiring form in the Premier League.

In the more premium category, new signings Memphis Depay and Dimitri Payet bring flair, creativity and an eye for goal to Manchester United and West Ham respectively. How quickly they adapt to the Premier League, however, will be critical in assessing their value as assets.

Among the already established Premier League players, I'll be monitoring Arsenal's Mesut Ozil, Yaya Toure at Manchester City, Juan Mata at Manchester United and West Ham's Diafra Sakho particularly closely. All four could be poised for a big season ahead and will each offer good value if they can deliver.

3. Look at the team first, then the player

Cheap defenders who play in teams that prioritise defence will often score more points than costlier alternatives who play in more attack-minded teams. Equally, a good striker in a team which generates a lot of chances may score more goals than a star striker in a more defence-minded team.

The nature of a team can limit or amplify a player's point-scoring potential. Reviewing the overall characteristics and strengths in teams before you decide which players to select can help you to identify players with great scoring potential and to uncover undervalued assets.

4. Look for players who suit the game

The scoring system in Fantasy Football favours certain types of players over others. The highest-scoring players are typically attackers who are heavily involved in a high-scoring side.

This could mean that they are the main focal point of the attack, such Olivier Giroud at Arsenal or Harry Kane at Tottenham or they are a key source of creativity such as Silva at Manchester City or Cesc Fabregas at Chelsea.

Players who take set-pieces, especially penalties, are particularly valuable and it's worth trying to identify who these are before you make your selection. Finally, defenders with strong attacking output such as Leighton Baines at Everton or Branislav Ivanovic at Chelsea can offer you a big advantage if you own them at the right time.

5. Keep your squad flexible

The start of the season offers many unknowns, so try to keep your initial squad flexible and dynamic. Avoid spending too much of your budget in attack at the expense of your defence or midfield and select players from a range of prices in each category. This will allow you viable transfer options should you need them and it will put you in a strong position to move quickly on any emerging form players.

Avoid taking too many risks with your initial player selection. A few keeps it interesting but try to make sure they're balanced out by a greater number of proven fantasy football performers.

6. Watch out for highly owned players

Players who are highly owned among managers can have a defining impact on individual gameweeks and the season as a whole.

Historically, star players such as Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Suarez have pushed towards 50% ownership in a season and it can be devastating to your league position if you are lacking such players when they deliver.

Keeping an eye on the 'Teams Selected by %' statistics can help you to identify which players it might be too risky to go without. If you find yourself chasing a lead, this data can also help you identify the lesser-owned players you might want to take a chance on to try and close the gap.

7. Look for 'rotations'

Conventional wisdom suggests players perform better in 'easier' fixtures. 'Rotation' is the tactic of swapping between players who have contrasting fixture difficulty so each player only plays in their more favourable fixtures.

This can be an effective method for both maximising value and reducing risk throughout your squad, particularly among defenders and between goalkeepers.

Some local rivals, such as Newcastle and Sunderland, always alternate their home games, offering a straightforward 'home/away' rotation. However, it's worth looking at the fixtures and identifying the range of rotations that are available when choosing your players.

8. Make the most of your transfers

The single most influential factor for success is, in my opinion, how effectively you use your transfers throughout the season.

Where possible, try to 'carry-over' free transfers. Using two transfers in one go can make a far more dramatic difference to your team than using just one transfer each week.

Try to leave your transfers as late as possible in the gameweek, allowing yourself the opportunity to absorb as much team information as possible from news conferences and other sources. This will help you avoid squandering transfers on players who become injured or unavailable.

Patience is key when it comes to using your transfers effectively. When a player scores a surprise points haul, it's often worth waiting to see how well they perform in the next game before transferring them in, this helps you avoid wasting transfers on one-off performers. Equally, it often pays to keep faith with proven performers, even if they are experiencing a run of poor form. Usually it's only a matter of time before they start scoring again.

9. Follow player prices

In Fantasy Premier League, player prices rise and fall throughout the season as managers transfer them in and out. It operates and fluctuates like a virtual stock exchange. If you can predict the purchase behaviour of other managers and move on a player early before their price rises, you can profit through increased team value.

A high team value can become a big advantage later in the season as it permits a larger budget to spend on premium players. One way to help predict which players might rise or fall in price is by reviewing the 'Transfers In/Out Round' statistics for the current gameweek.

10. Break the season down into parts

In many ways, the season is actually a collection of smaller games, each offering a different challenge and each requiring a tailored strategy.

Key stages in the season include the season start, the intense winter schedule, international breaks, double gameweeks (where a team has more than one fixture) and the season finale. These are often where seasons are won and lost.

Identifying these stages early on allows you to adjust your team and strategy in the preceding weeks to help prepare for them. Typically, these periods bring some uncertainty over line-ups so it can pay to go into them with a strong bench.

As a general rule, I try to plan for about four gameweeks ahead. The plan doesn't usually survive even nearly that long but the process helps to keep things on track.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33713208

For anybody looking for that extra edge over the competition in this season's Fantasy Football.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #65: Aug 04, 2015 06:20:43 pm

Been tinkering again  :) could be goals in this team hopefully if they all find form.

Too much money on that bench mate.

I'm thinking of swapping Clyne for Gomez and freeing up a bit more money for elsewhere
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,482 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #66: Aug 04, 2015 07:47:04 pm
      Tea & Busquets :laugh:

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #67: Aug 04, 2015 08:19:47 pm

That's a lot of money on your bench mate. Interesting choice with 3 Chelsea defenders too.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,482 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #68: Aug 04, 2015 08:35:51 pm
      That's a lot of money on your bench mate. Interesting choice with 3 Chelsea defenders too.

Tis indeed, no choice really for the way the first round of games are going.

Think I have a squad that I can tinker with on a weekly basis though depending on who's playing who. Terry and Ivanovic always score high, thinking Azpilicueta might do something similar this year.

Quick Reply