Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

True Thai Premier League All Stars 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match rabona

Read 29206 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: True Thai Premier League All Stars 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match rabona
      Reply #253: Jul 14, 2015 06:17:27 pm
      Impossible to judge anyone as the Thai team had never once played together in the past.

Pretty sure ours hadn't either. ;)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: True Thai Premier League All Stars 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match rabona
      Reply #254: Jul 14, 2015 06:38:40 pm
      Hard to get excited about this. I really think our pre season has to be intense and that includes quality or established teams to play against.

No offence to the guys but preparing ourselves against True Thai Premier All Stars is like the SAS training themselves for an assault on ISIS by attacking a bouncy castle.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #255: Jul 14, 2015 06:42:32 pm
      Hard to get excited about this. I really think our pre season has to be intense and that includes quality or established teams to play against.

No offence to the guys but preparing ourselves against True Thai Premier All Stars is like the SAS training themselves for an assault on ISIS by attacking a bouncy castle.

I get this, but it was the first match.

Consider it like the SAS running around then doing a few press ups - you have to start somewhere, and build up.

But as was said earlier in the thread, it's more a case of not finishing our pre-season with sterner tests that is a worry.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #256: Jul 14, 2015 06:47:41 pm

Consider it like the SAS running around then doing a few press ups - you have to start somewhere, and build up.

But as was said earlier in the thread, it's more a case of not finishing our pre-season with sterner tests that is a worry.

Last summer we played the likes of City, United, Olympiacos, etc. Don't think the opposition in preseason matters a whole bunch.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #257: Jul 14, 2015 06:53:05 pm
      Just about to sit down and watch the highlights. Pleased to see Origi got on the scoresheet, good for the guys confidence.

The whole point of starting pre season against very weak sides is that you don't have a hugely competitive game and the focus stays on fitness. Whether or not the exposure to a foreign fan base, and the extra cash in doing so, is worth the miles and miles the squad has to travel, is another issue.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #258: Jul 14, 2015 07:11:49 pm
      Just about to sit down and watch the highlights. Pleased to see Origi got on the scoresheet, good for the guys confidence.

The whole point of starting pre season against very weak sides is that you don't have a hugely competitive game and the focus stays on fitness. Whether or not the exposure to a foreign fan base, and the extra cash in doing so, is worth the miles and miles the squad has to travel, is another issue.
      where you going to watch the highlight?

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #259: Jul 14, 2015 07:12:55 pm
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #260: Jul 14, 2015 07:27:20 pm
      i thought you were going to watch extended highlights. seen the goals
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #261: Jul 14, 2015 07:29:41 pm

Fifth video in that post has 4 minutes of highlights, as for extended highlights, I guess you'll have to Google. :-\
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #262: Jul 14, 2015 07:31:19 pm

Tbh mate you'd be better off just leaving it at the goals. Everyone played decent, rabona, very slow pace to the game, referee was diabolical, rabona.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #263: Jul 14, 2015 07:45:14 pm
      Who's this rabona bloke then, is he our new striker, has Brendan pulled another bunny from the hat, ???

YNWA
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #264: Jul 14, 2015 07:57:28 pm
      Am actually considering paying for an eseason ticket on the offal so I can catch the pre season games, does anyone know if I will be able to watch back today's match if I sign up? Also, can you sign up just for the pre-season? I'm not interested in the full season membership. Was much easier when it came free with sky the feckers!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #265: Jul 14, 2015 08:04:35 pm
      One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble, or infertile if you go for the ladyboy option
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #266: Jul 14, 2015 08:09:38 pm
      Am actually considering paying for an eseason ticket on the offal so I can catch the pre season games, does anyone know if I will be able to watch back today's match if I sign up? Also, can you sign up just for the pre-season? I'm not interested in the full season membership. Was much easier when it came free with sky the feckers!

I just bought it for that reason and you can choose to subscribe month by month which is perfect for pre season.

Replays will be shown a lot throughout the next two days or so according to their schedule:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/lfctv
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #267: Jul 14, 2015 08:27:32 pm

Sorry just seen this. I'll be watching it on LFC TV online, as I pay subscription.

Other than the 90 minute replay's there's an 11 minute highlights package available online for subscribers, along with analysis from Fowler, pre and post match pressers etc. There's been a bit of open training sessions too these past few days.

I've been subscribed for a couple of years now, and it's been brilliant for me over the last 12 months as I was out the country for significant periods, and was able to catch up on good length highlights, or even 90 minute replays for a couple of games, when I got back. Having highlights of the U21's and U18's is also a nice bonus.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #268: Jul 14, 2015 08:27:40 pm
      I just bought it for that reason and you can choose to subscribe month by month which is perfect for pre season.

Replays will be shown a lot throughout the next two days or so according to their schedule:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/lfctv

I just bit the bullet, had a ticket for a few years. It back then you could go into a ballot for match tickets and I was successful quite a few times but they've since pulled that function. I'm too football starved not to pay a fiver for the next 28 days though!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #269: Jul 14, 2015 08:47:39 pm
      I just bit the bullet, had a ticket for a few years. It back then you could go into a ballot for match tickets and I was successful quite a few times but they've since pulled that function. I'm too football starved not to pay a fiver for the next 28 days though!

So for that money can you see all the regular season games or does that only include highlights?

We can get EPL games here in the states now, but LFC isn't always one of the featured 3 or 4 games.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #270: Jul 14, 2015 08:56:16 pm

We can get EPL games here in the states now, but LFC isn't always one of the featured 3 or 4 games.

NBC Shows all the Liverpool Matches...sometimes it is part of the "Extra Time"" but they are always on.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #271: Jul 14, 2015 09:00:52 pm
      So for that money can you see all the regular season games or does that only include highlights?

As I mentioned in my post above mate, all LFC games are available as 90 minute full replays, usually about 12-24 hours after broadcast. It's probably the thing that makes the subscription really worthwhile. I could go back and watch the full replays of the 2012-2013 season if I wanted (just went and put the 6-0 drubbing of Newcastle on to test it!).
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #272: Jul 14, 2015 09:25:00 pm
      NBC Shows all the Liverpool Matches...sometimes it is part of the "Extra Time"" but they are always on.

There were a couple of times though where I couldn't get them on Extra Time...wasn't sure why but they never showed up.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #273: Jul 14, 2015 09:41:33 pm
      There were a couple of times though where I couldn't get them on Extra Time...wasn't sure why but they never showed up.

There was a few times where they put them on straight NBC..(not NBC Sports) also MSNBC.

Pain in ass locating at times but if you don't find the match in the normal places start looking at NBC affiliated channels.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #274: Jul 14, 2015 10:07:15 pm

I see your point.

But 'True Thai Premier League Stars' still sounds like a sh*t 90s cartoon that ITV would probably have picked up and shunted onto an early weekend morning slot within their tv schedule.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #275: Jul 14, 2015 10:29:33 pm

If it's anything like the TV channel on sky then you can normally get the full 90 minutes within 24 hours of the game being played, I think it's usually midnight gmt if we've played earlier on a Saturday. No live stuff though. It's not the worst deal in the world, particularly for you boys down under

Quick Reply