Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Brisbane Roar 1-2 Liverpool: In game and post match chinwag

Read 24168 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Brisbane Roar 1-2 Liverpool: In game and post match chinwag
      Reply #184: Jul 18, 2015 07:45:20 am

Ings looks complete sh*te to be honest. In training and watching the past two matches he seems well off when he's asked to play football in front of the defence.

I disagree, he looked decent. Had his shots too.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #185: Jul 18, 2015 08:09:34 am
      From what I seen I thought Ings had a decent game.

Ibe looked like a had a point to prove, thought he was outstanding. (see what I did there)

Gomez looked immense though, maybe he might push Moreno out of the starting lineup at LB. Liked the look of Clyne too, not afraid to beat a man.

Origi, still raw but I think we can nurture him in to a very talented striker.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #186: Jul 18, 2015 08:29:11 am
      I disagree, he looked decent. Had his shots too.

Maybe. I was half-blind from drinking all day but he looks uncomfortable. Definitely not a right sided player and would like to see him play as a striker.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #187: Jul 18, 2015 10:06:18 am
      Maybe. I was half-blind from drinking all day but he looks uncomfortable. Definitely not a right sided player and would like to see him play as a striker.
      I thought he was ok, worked hard, had a few good moments - but I agree he is not a wide player and looked more comfortable when he drifted inside a couple of times and was unlucky not to score.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #188: Jul 18, 2015 01:54:49 pm

On this I agree, he is not a right sided player, he much more handful in the middle.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #189: Jul 20, 2015 12:39:57 am
      A little delayed, but what a day. I know nothing will ever compare to when I finally make it to Anfield, but being my first time ever saying I could witness the men in red playing 90, F**k me. I'm still buzzing (and still hungover three days later, I think!)

To be fair about the match, I was on that much of a happy high that I didn't exactly analyze as much as I do when just watching. But incredibly happy to see how well Milner seemed to slot in and dictate, control play and get forward. For a man on a free, he's going to be an incredibly valuable signing I feel.

Seeing some chat about Ings, didn't really think much of his game but that's not necessarily too negative either. Think he just looked like he was a bit uncomfortable, new kid in the schoolyard. Still got some time to go before we can decide his value, certainly not thinking his game was bad enough to write him off.

Ibe is certainly gonna be a great addition to the more regular squad rotation this season. Was impressed. My sister (doesn't know a lick about footy really, came along being we're on a family vacation) said the next day "I liked that.. Ibe?" so he's certainly catching the eye of everyone it seems.

Overall day? F***ing brilliant. Met Luis Garcia in the morning after freezing my nuts off for an hour and the man, what a legend. Just full of smiles, chatty - told my brother he'd sign his hat as quick as possible so he could get it back on since my brother's hair looked like sh*t :D Wish I'd been down to catch Didi and Rush as well, but another time.

Then it was off to the pubs near Suncorp and by hell, did that get crazy/awesome. Met up with some old mates of mine and the ales were flowing in the hours leading up to the game, one round at the bar at one point set me back $86 :D But songs were being sung, stories told, good old bar-stool football managing stuff. Loved it. Also managed to meet up with our mate Crouchinho for an ale in the stadium before kick which was fantastic, great fella.

The whole day was just fantastic. I've never sung louder than I did when YNWA started, pretty sure if you'd shut off the volume of everyone else I still could have filled the stadium with voice - F***ing sh*te voice, but regardless :D Tear definitely dropped down the cheek, and I'm damn proud to admit that.

Next stop, Anfield.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #190: Jul 20, 2015 09:26:11 am
      A little delayed, but what a day. I know nothing will ever compare to when I finally make it to Anfield, but being my first time ever saying I could witness the men in red playing 90, F**k me. I'm still buzzing (and still hungover three days later, I think!)

To be fair about the match, I was on that much of a happy high that I didn't exactly analyze as much as I do when just watching. But incredibly happy to see how well Milner seemed to slot in and dictate, control play and get forward. For a man on a free, he's going to be an incredibly valuable signing I feel.

Seeing some chat about Ings, didn't really think much of his game but that's not necessarily too negative either. Think he just looked like he was a bit uncomfortable, new kid in the schoolyard. Still got some time to go before we can decide his value, certainly not thinking his game was bad enough to write him off.

Ibe is certainly gonna be a great addition to the more regular squad rotation this season. Was impressed. My sister (doesn't know a lick about footy really, came along being we're on a family vacation) said the next day "I liked that.. Ibe?" so he's certainly catching the eye of everyone it seems.

Overall day? F***ing brilliant. Met Luis Garcia in the morning after freezing my nuts off for an hour and the man, what a legend. Just full of smiles, chatty - told my brother he'd sign his hat as quick as possible so he could get it back on since my brother's hair looked like sh*t :D Wish I'd been down to catch Didi and Rush as well, but another time.

Then it was off to the pubs near Suncorp and by hell, did that get crazy/awesome. Met up with some old mates of mine and the ales were flowing in the hours leading up to the game, one round at the bar at one point set me back $86 :D But songs were being sung, stories told, good old bar-stool football managing stuff. Loved it. Also managed to meet up with our mate Crouchinho for an ale in the stadium before kick which was fantastic, great fella.

The whole day was just fantastic. I've never sung louder than I did when YNWA started, pretty sure if you'd shut off the volume of everyone else I still could have filled the stadium with voice - F***ing sh*te voice, but regardless :D Tear definitely dropped down the cheek, and I'm damn proud to admit that.

Next stop, Anfield.

Big Dave, good to see you posting mate was only asking about you the other day  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #191: Jul 24, 2015 10:50:07 am
      Was f**king freezing but I was blind and stoned and I got to see the Reds win. That's all that mattered.

Thanks to a certain poster on here that sorted me out.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #192: Jul 24, 2015 11:22:15 am
      Then it was off to the pubs near Suncorp and by hell, did that get crazy/awesome. Met up with some old mates of mine and the ales were flowing in the hours leading up to the game, one round at the bar at one point set me back $86 :D But songs were being sung, stories told, good old bar-stool football managing stuff. Loved it.

Next stop, Anfield.

That bit quoted is what going the match is really about ;) forget the footie, it's about having a laugh with mates!

Quick Reply