Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Christian Benteke Player Thread (Liverpool -> Crystal Palace)

Read 163921 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,681 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Christian Benteke Player Thread
      Reply #207: Aug 02, 2015 08:43:50 pm
      Scored great header from a cross :D

Well done Benteke, what a stunner.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,596 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #208: Aug 02, 2015 10:55:29 pm
      Seemed to turn and dig power out of nowhere.
      More of that please.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,285 posts | 763 
      Reply #209: Aug 03, 2015 06:39:27 am
      Cracking goal by Benteke against Swindon, pity that goal was not scored in the Premier League, it would have qualified for goal of the month.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #210: Aug 03, 2015 07:33:32 am
      Cracking goal by Benteke against Swindon, pity that goal was not scored in the Premier League, it would have qualified for goal of the month.

Practice shot for the weekend mate.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #211: Aug 03, 2015 08:36:53 am
      Bentekers take a bow son, think he might be going in a few more fantasy footie teams after that strike top draw
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #212: Aug 03, 2015 09:04:43 am
      What a way to announce yourself
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #213: Aug 03, 2015 09:12:24 am
      Bollocks - why did he score a goal like that on his first outing... Now, how can we all moan that the guy has not ability and is a lamppost..!?!

Got a funny feeling this guy could get some serious goals for us this season - starting with 3 on Sunday!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #214: Aug 03, 2015 01:19:53 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,596 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #215: Aug 03, 2015 03:26:01 pm
      Bentekers take a bow son, think he might be going in a few more fantasy footie teams after that strike top draw

Stop that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #216: Aug 03, 2015 05:22:13 pm

Agree.

F***ing hate it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #217: Aug 03, 2015 08:25:55 pm
      After that wonder strike, I already love him. Of course I loved him once I saw how his signing would piss so many people off but I'm a bit of a jerk like that ;D

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/189970-liverpool-fans-will-love-benteke
       'Liverpool fans will love Benteke'
      Author: Chris Shaw
      @shawct

A man who coached Christian Benteke for club and country before his arrival in English football has backed the Belgian to become a huge hit with Liverpool supporters.

Georges Leekens took the striker on loan to KV Kortrijk in his homeland for the 2009-10 season and was rewarded with 14 goals in 34 league appearances.

It was the beginning of an upward trajectory that would take the prolific Benteke to Aston Villa and now Anfield, having sealed a switch to the Reds last month.

A senior international debut for Belgium was achieved along the way - and again it was Leekens at the reins, putting formidable faith in the forward.

His actions during Benteke's career so far have spoken loud enough, but recent words since Liverpool's swoop reiterate Leekens' belief.

"A system adapts itself to a good player," the 66-year-old told the official Liverpool FC magazine. "Be patient and give him the time to progress.

"This is a guy who is a team player - he makes space, he's strong, the whole defence is busy with him and then the other striking partner can profit.

"He's not just a target man, he can hold the ball and switch play. He's fast, good in the air, mentally strong and the supporters will love him.

"He will be a fantastic centre-forward for Liverpool in a number of different systems."
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #218: Aug 03, 2015 08:54:32 pm
      Was unlucky not to get a couple more goals; the chance that was well saved in the 1st half and had Markovic been able to play a simple pass across instead of behind him, then he'd have had a tap in. Also had the ball in the net with a well taken strike only for it to have been offside.

I don't think we really played to his strengths all that much but there were some positive signs for sure. Obviously it was only a friendly against Swindon so I'm not going to suddenly think he is a great signing but like I say, there were a fair few positives in the time he was on the pitch that hopefully he will use as a spring board for us. Certainly looks to have the right attitude and desire to become a success for us.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #219: Aug 04, 2015 12:13:41 am
      Proper number 9.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #220: Aug 04, 2015 12:35:48 pm
      Hope he smashes some of the stoke players with Shawcross being out we have a real chance to get at them, now there not playing with a big lump up top and are trying to play football we should beat them, but in this league who knows.

we need to avenge the 6-1 game
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #221: Aug 04, 2015 01:00:32 pm
      Hope he smashes some of the stoke players with Shawcross being out we have a real chance to get at them, now there not playing with a big lump up top and are trying to play football we should beat them, but in this league who knows.

we need to avenge the 6-1 game

After that end to the season anything less than a win AND a performance will simply not do. These players don't deserve the liberty after those horrifying spectacles they put on across the tail end of last season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #222: Aug 04, 2015 01:23:02 pm
      Can't wait to see Benteke in a Red Shirt . I think this is the perfect game to start your career with Liverpool we have unfinished business at Stoke and I expect all those who played to be really fired up for this.
      I think he was very unhappy at Villa so if we show him at bit of love he could be a perfect fit and score lots of goals
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #223: Aug 04, 2015 01:38:18 pm
      Grats on the #9!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #224: Aug 04, 2015 08:15:12 pm
      No success with this number since Torres left, let's hope Benteke does it justice.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #225: Aug 06, 2015 02:49:00 pm
      Usual post by Federer made with the benefit of hindsight. Why didnt we beat Groningen to Suarez's signature? Or better still when he signed for his school team?

As for Benteke theres every chance he could compete for the golden boot - why? - because when he has the chances he converts them. People forget the controversy when he was played in front of Darren Bent but the reason was because of his conversion rate. Given the right circumstances he is unplayable. He keeps it simple and hits the target with power - our midfield shoulx be able to supply him with the ammo.

Welcome Christian - for the first time in a long time we have real depth to our attack.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #226: Aug 06, 2015 09:04:17 pm
      I saw nothing in the Swindon that made me think that Benteke will be a real asset to the club, and for £32.5m, looks like Andy Carroll all over again. can't really see how he will fit (Blend) into the team once Sturridge is back.... Again Hernandez (Man Utd) would have been a much better fit style wise and I believe would have scored more goals in that blend than Benteke....

Great goal by him, But I seem to remember another great strike by someone scoring their first goal for Liverpool that who we later sold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EEiro08kxM

My Point..... Anyone who plays football will score a wonder goal at sometime. It does not mean they are a great player or will be Great for a given team.... Hope that I am wrong about him
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,121 posts | 2772 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #227: Aug 06, 2015 09:13:45 pm

My Point..... Anyone who plays football will score a wonder goal at sometime.

Rob Jones never did
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #228: Aug 06, 2015 09:16:46 pm
      Ok... so you're writing benteke off because he scored a decent goal and so did coates who was sold?

Fine if you don't think he'll fit the system but to claim that his goal was a fluke and he wont make it when he has nearly 50 goals in just over 100 games in English football is just being naive.

His record in england should give you enough to get behind him regardless of how much was paid. seriously its like if we spend big on a player people want him to fail just so they can say "oh i said (insert players name here) would be better and cheaper too"

Maybe i'm going off topic... we've paid big for a proven goal scorerer and yet people still nay say

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #229: Aug 06, 2015 09:20:38 pm
      ;D.... Thanks Brain78.... Maybe not for us

Quick Reply