Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Allan Rodrigues De Souza

Read 37689 times
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Re: Allan Rodrigues De Souza (Trial at LFC)
      Reply #23: Sep 12, 2015 02:49:27 pm
      Decent to score on your debut. Gives you confidence for the next few games which will make him play better then he'll be nailed on as a starter and score more and be top scorer then come back to Liverpool and carry on scoring goals here and then will become the next Messi. ...hopefully.

Well done though.
      Clevadani
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #24: Sep 24, 2015 05:15:03 pm
      Just watched the highlights of a game he played yesterday. I feel he is talented. He scored for his side directly from a  corner and was responsible for all the goals they scored.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #25: Oct 25, 2015 09:49:43 pm
      Won the Finnish league and should be returning to be assessed, but I still don't think he's eligible for a work permit? So maybe he'll be shipped out again.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #26: Oct 29, 2015 04:57:28 pm
      https://vimeo.com/143993886

Best of from his loan spell at SJK Seinajoki
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Allan Rodrigues De Souza
      Reply #27: Mar 15, 2016 10:05:07 pm
      Great comments from the Boss.  Also good that he's got his call up to the u20 Brazil squad as it could help with his work permit.

Jürgen Klopp today expressed his admiration for the progress of on-loan Liverpool youngster Allan, who was called up by Brazil U20s for a training camp in Rio de Janeiro this week as his development continues.

The 19-year-old midfielder is one of only three players from clubs based in Europe to be involved in his country’s preparations for the South American Youth Championship in Ecuador, which serves as a qualifying tournament for the 2017 U20 World Cup.

Allan’s performances in helping SJK win the Finnish title for the first time and most recently for Belgium’s Sint-Truidense – where he has featured against the likes of Club Brugge, Standard Liege and Anderlecht – have caught the eye of coach Rogerio Micale.

And that of his club manager too, who has revealed why initial glimpses of the Brazilian in training were enough to convince him of the former Internacional starlet’s long-term potential.

Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “When I came here, one or two months later Allan was here and I said ‘who is this?’. ‘He is a player for us and the week before he became a champion in Finland.’ ‘Interesting - why didn’t he play here?’ ‘Because it’s not possible.’ And then I started learning about the FA rules and things like this.

"I saw him in training and I thought ‘oh my God, what can we do to keep this boy here and bring him into the line-up?’ He’s 19 years old, an outstanding talent, a good player with a good attitude, everybody loves him, he’s a nice lad – so that’s really, really good. He’s a smart player.

"There is no chance in this moment here because he can’t get the permission to play here, so we have to send him out on loan. We sent him to Belgium and he did well, really well until now. We had no doubts about this, it was a good transfer for both sides.

"Now for the first time he has got an invitation for the national U20 team, and that’s great. It’s really deserved because he’s an outstanding talent. Everybody has seen him, but it’s not too easy to have a lot of pictures of him because most of the time he has played in other countries.

"We hope we can find a solution in the future because he will be a fixed part of the squad in the future, for sure. Now he uses this time to improve and the next step to the U20 national team of Brazil is a great story.”

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/211611-klopp-delighted-with-allan-progress-following-brazil-u20-call-up
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28: Mar 17, 2016 08:11:05 am
      From watching the video the kids got a wand of a left foot. I don't honestly know how good the Finnish league is, but he looked different class in there. Great passing range though, and definite possibilities.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #29: Mar 17, 2016 08:12:29 am
      Great comments, he seems to really fancy this lad. Hopefully we have unearthed a gem.

Last player to play first in Finland wasn't bad either! #Hyppia
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #30: Mar 17, 2016 09:21:10 am
      Great comments, he seems to really fancy this lad. Hopefully we have unearthed a gem.

Last player to play first in Finland wasn't bad either! #Hyppia

#noneedforahashtag
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Mar 17, 2016 12:08:17 pm
      Any Belgian League aficionados out there? How's he going? Anything?

(If not, feel free to make something up as no one else would have a clue if you're right or wrong)
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #32: Mar 17, 2016 12:10:10 pm

(If not, feel free to make something up as no one else would have a clue if you're right or wrong)

Yes, the waffles are great but don't make any jokes about phlegm and the Flemish, they don't take them that well...

In all seriousness what great comments from Klopp. Man management at its best, hopefully the U20 call up helps his permit issue and he can be involved next year.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #33: Mar 17, 2016 04:57:12 pm

Hi! First post ever here, I live in Belgium.

Haven't seen him play a lot myself, but what I have seen, was very promising. The Sint-Truiden supporters over here absolutely love him and say it's a shame he got injured this season. Some even go as far as saying he is one of the better midfielders in Belgium, I can't confirm that though, haven't seen enough of him myself, but I'll try to keep a close look at him in the play-offs.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #34: Mar 17, 2016 05:31:52 pm
      Hi! First post ever here, I live in Belgium.

Haven't seen him play a lot myself, but what I have seen, was very promising. The Sint-Truiden supporters over here absolutely love him and say it's a shame he got injured this season. Some even go as far as saying he is one of the better midfielders in Belgium, I can't confirm that though, haven't seen enough of him myself, but I'll try to keep a close look at him in the play-offs.

Welcome to the forum mate and thanks for the info. Great to hear he's so highly rated by those that watch him regularly, it seems Klopp agrees too!
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #35: Apr 03, 2016 02:31:11 am
      Started against KV Mechelen today in Play-Off II. Didn't have the greatest of games. Sloppy in possession and a few misplaced passes in the first half. As the game went on, he started to play a bit better, but overall an average game. He eventually got substituted in the 65th minute. Looking forward to his next game.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #36: Apr 09, 2016 09:07:51 pm
      Was in the starting eleven again against Charleroi today. Played better than his last game.

- Good positioning and cutting of the opponent's passing lines
      - Good movement
      - Passing was better
      - Decent workrate

Overall he was pretty decent. One ugly foul to break of a counter attack which resulted in a yellow card. Substituted again in the 65th minute.

Sint-Truiden games aren't exactly the most exciting games to watch, but I'll do anything to give a meaningful contribution to the forum!
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #37: Apr 17, 2016 01:40:42 am
      Here I am again with the weekly Allan match report!

Another place in the starting eleven, this time against Lokeren (Arguably the best team in Sint-Truidens' play-off group.)

Went about his business as usual and this time it was for the full 90 minutes!

- Always makes himself available for the back four
      - Good positioning again
      - Tidy in possession, a few decent long balls

I would love to see him play for a better team than Sint-Truiden though, it really isn't hard to stand out there.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: Apr 17, 2016 01:48:15 am
      Is he playing abroad for work permit reasons or just to get him some game time?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #39: Apr 17, 2016 01:51:36 am
      Is he playing abroad for work permit reasons or just to get him some game time?

Work permit.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #40: Apr 17, 2016 06:21:21 am
      Here I am again with the weekly Allan match report!

Another place in the starting eleven, this time against Lokeren (Arguably the best team in Sint-Truidens' play-off group.)

Went about his business as usual and this time it was for the full 90 minutes!

- Always makes himself available for the back four
      - Good positioning again
      - Tidy in possession, a few decent long balls

I would love to see him play for a better team than Sint-Truiden though, it really isn't hard to stand out there.

So he's a mini-Lucas! :D I'm on board with that.

Thanks for the update again, mate.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #41: Apr 17, 2016 06:53:11 am
      So he's a mini-Lucas! :D I'm on board with that.

Thanks for the update again, mate.

Has a peach of a left foot and one of the best dead ball deliveries too but yeah he's a proper DM.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #42: Apr 24, 2016 02:14:46 am
      Quite the surprise today, no place in the starting eleven for Allan and stuck on the bench for the full 90 minutes. Saw his team get a 2-2 draw against Lokeren.

There are two games left to play. Let's hope we see some more of him then. It will be interesting to see what Klopp's plans are with him for next season.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #43: May 02, 2016 01:12:08 am
      A bit late with the usual update, but then again, there wasn't much to update you guys on. He started on the bench again against KV Mechelen in a 2-2 draw.

The manager is giving other young Belgians some chances in the starting eleven and it seems to be working for them. They are picking up some points against better teams. My guess is his season is over, there's only one game left to play and I can't disagree with giving other players some chances instead of a player on loan who is gone at the end of the season. Sint-Truiden has to rebuild the squad.

Really curious about what's going to happen with him next season. If we really want to see what he's worth, he will have to play in a better league and in a better team.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #44: May 07, 2016 11:56:36 pm
      This guy had obviously caught the eye of Jürgen hence why Rossiter is moving on.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #45: May 08, 2016 12:02:46 am
      This guy had obviously caught the eye of Jürgen hence why Rossiter is moving on.

I still feel Can needs a ball playing midfielder along side him, could Allan be that player? :o

Quick Reply