Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

The New Look Official Club Website

Read 1809 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      The New Look Official Club Website
      Aug 06, 2015 01:51:49 pm
      Just been onto the club's official site and it seems they've given it a bit of a spruce up, well, the home and news pages at least.

It looks a bit odd when you go onto the other pages though as they've not yet updated them. Not sure if such plans exist for them to do so but I'd advise them to. When you go onto any other page the menus are all different and the old banner at the top of the page is still there.

Apologies if there is already a thread for the offal, I did look but to no avail.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: The New Look Official Club Website
      Reply #1: Aug 06, 2015 02:15:01 pm
      Definitely designed with an eye toward mobile and tablet use.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2: Aug 06, 2015 03:04:02 pm
      TBH, its a bit appalling. Lot of real estate wastage. We all understand SC is the main sponsor but the 'white-area' it generates is an eye-sore.

I'm sure there is more work, like previously mentioned, the old style is retained in other links and the menu changes. It doesn't exactly provide an "optimized, user friendly experience"
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3: Aug 06, 2015 03:13:00 pm
      TBH, its a bit appalling. Lot of real estate wastage. We all understand SC is the main sponsor but the 'white-area' it generates is an eye-sore.

I'm sure there is more work, like previously mentioned, the old style is retained in other links and the menu changes. It doesn't exactly provide an "optimized, user friendly experience"

I thought they'd have the usual "Liverpool Football Club" in the white space that you mentioned. When updating websites like ours aren't they usually done as a complete model rather than in dribs and drabs?

This is from the offal:

Completion of this first phase will be complemented by the remaining aspects of the site under development, due to be completed later in the season bringing new and exciting features to the rest of the site.

These changes, which better support the club’s digital ambitions across all departments, have been in the making for over a year and the site has been designed and built by the in-house LFC Technology and Transformation team over the last six months.

It's taken 6 months to do 2 pages. Does this team only work on the website for an hour a day or something?
      Bier
      Reply #4: Aug 06, 2015 04:18:02 pm
      It's an inhouse team who aren't just responsible for redesign, but also for the day to day stuff of making sure everything runs properly. You can follow them on twitter https://twitter.com/LFC_Systems. They also redid the member's area recently I noticed, and probably more stuff.

Quick Reply