Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Swindon Town 1:2 Liverpool [Friendly] Pre, in game & post match debate.

Read 33766 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 763 
      Re: Swindon Town 1:2 Liverpool [Friendly] Pre, in game & post match debate.
      Reply #276: Aug 02, 2015 07:02:38 pm
      Think the fans have slowly "adhered" to Lucas after a difficult start. Although thought the club would be selling him this summer.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #277: Aug 02, 2015 07:03:03 pm
      Joao Carlos was my motm.

The assist to the Benteke goal, and tracking back.

Firmino surprised me with how much he tracked back, as well as his gymnastics in the first 5 minutes, ;D.

Emre is just a beast.

Kent looks promising.

Moreno looking like he was trying to prove something and probably why he was so emotional.

Watching Lazar made me feel like I was on a bad first date, so much build up just to be let down in the end.

Lucas is Lucas.

Sakho and Toure did a job, no comments really.

As far as all the youth coming through, I like the hunger.

Keeper, Bogdan looked good but nervous, his position on two of the free kicks were dodgy, but good distribution.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #278: Aug 02, 2015 07:08:49 pm
      Didnt' get to see the game, good to get the win, did see the goals, that Benteke strike, holy cow!

Alright...time for the real thing now boys.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #279: Aug 02, 2015 07:11:11 pm
      Alright...time for the real thing now boys.

There's a behind closed doors game against West Brom on Wednesday mate, so not quite.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #280: Aug 02, 2015 07:12:31 pm
      There's a behind closed doors game against West Brom on Wednesday mate, so not quite.

What are they trying to do this pre-season...prepare or something? I thought it was just all about money money money ;)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #281: Aug 02, 2015 07:19:02 pm
      Have to disagree with the negativity towards Lucas. Thought he played very well today, and a few times he had to press higher up and leave his position because I felt Can and Markovic weren't pressing enough. Another thing I noticed was the lack of support he had when they countered.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #282: Aug 02, 2015 07:20:16 pm
      What are they trying to do this pre-season...prepare or something? I thought it was just all about money money money ;)

;D
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #283: Aug 02, 2015 07:37:11 pm
      Majority of people who questioned Benteke's signing was before a bid had been accepted, medical passed and contract signed, the majority of posts I seen about Benteke's signing wasn't he's a cart horse Andy Carrol type signing, but was more reasoned posts about his ability to play in a fluid attacking front 3, following his signing, majority of those who questioned his signing have said they will support the big fella and hope he proves them wrong, I don't really see the problem myself.

This all day long. It was and is a legitimate concern. I've yet to see today's game but saw the goal which was fantastic.

Is it going to be like this every time the lad has a good moment with the big fingers coming out to point (and vice versa when he has a bad game)? It will get pretty tedious if it does.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #284: Aug 02, 2015 09:02:33 pm
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #285: Aug 03, 2015 02:29:13 am
      Just finished watching the second half, thought it was a pretty good game overall.

Firmino and Benteke seemed to link up well on a few occasions so that's positive. The game seemed to become a bit livelier when the younger lads like Ojo and Kent came on. For me there can be no question that Sakho should start ahead of Lovren, his passing game is much better too which seems to be how he wants his defenders play. Can must surely be giving the manager a selection headache, thought he caused them quite a few problems today.

Markovic was very poor IMO and will be lucky to get many starts next season at this rate. There were so many occasions when a ball across the box would have resulted in a good opportunity but he struggled to execute them. I wasn't impressed with Lucas either. How many fouls is he going to give away right near our 18 yard box? I must have counted about 5 or 6 that he made today and it's not good enough.

Thought Lucas was pretty good myself. Made at least 6 or 7 interceptions and one on the edge of their box when he should have got a pass to Benteke away.

Has a silly foul in him still though.

Firmino surprised me with how much he tracked back, as well as his gymnastics in the first 5 minutes, ;S

Get used to it. He's a beast off the ball.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #286: Aug 03, 2015 09:03:01 am
      Great goal by Benteke, f*****g hell. Doesn't prove f*** all though in the debate about his signing, and I totally agree with those who say it's going to be a long season if every time he either scores or misses we're going to have the "told you so's".
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #287: Aug 03, 2015 10:26:32 am
      Great goal by Benteke, f*****g hell. Doesn't prove f*** all though in the debate about his signing, and I totally agree with those who say it's going to be a long season if every time he either scores or misses we're going to have the "told you so's".

I don't think anyone will complain if he scores 30 goals  and everyone says (I told you so) 30 times. It is what he does from here on in that matters Mick.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #288: Aug 03, 2015 10:45:22 am
      Think the fans have slowly "adhered" to Lucas after a difficult start. Although thought the club would be selling him this summer.

Look back in his player thread''slowly adhered'' to him your about 4years late calling that one.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,280 posts | 235 
      Reply #289: Aug 03, 2015 10:58:05 am
      Where is Tiago Ilori?

Benteke great goal. Hope Gomez will be our n1 LB at start of the season.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #290: Aug 03, 2015 11:30:49 am
      Where is Tiago Ilori?

Benteke great goal. Hope Gomez will be our n1 LB at start of the season.

Ilori's on paternity leave mate.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #291: Aug 03, 2015 11:46:39 am
      Slow first half but we grew into the game defence not really tested Lovren and Skrtel had easy game apart from the goal. Still not sure on how we are setting up is it 4/3/3. If this is the case I hope we dont see Firmino out wide or Coutinho as there best is central or just off the striker.
      Benteke seemed to be mobile and willing to close down which is nice to see as some people said he was static so hopefully he's working hard on improving that part of his game.
      End of the pre-season unbeaten not conceding many goals but then again not really tested, Stoke now so hopfully BR has his best 11. I dont buy into this match fitness crap there all athletic employees so I expect them to keep in shape all year round and they've all had enough game time. Firmino and Benteke and Can all had enough to start Vs Stoke but i'm worried BR wont start them all and  say some crap like we are easing them back into it.. start the best 11 and when they get tired then sub them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #292: Aug 03, 2015 12:27:56 pm
      People saying about Lucas' performance?! I'm a darn sight more concerned with how crap Markovic was playing!

Boss goal by Benteke! Silly goal for us to concede, need to still improve defensively.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #293: Aug 03, 2015 12:47:19 pm
      People saying about Lucas' performance?! I'm a darn sight more concerned with how crap Markovic was playing!

Boss goal by Benteke! Silly goal for us to concede, need to still improve defensively.
      agree mate he seems to be fed up with not being a guarenteed starter and its showing in his performance. He just seems to look uninterested but that could be me reading into it wrong which I hope is the case. For me he's our Cup player and early Europa coming on for the likes of Ibe but not starting instead of anyone I can see so far.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #294: Aug 03, 2015 01:06:18 pm

I didn’t want him and said he wouldn’t score more than 6 league goals this season before we bought him...

But now he is here, I can’t take that back can I?

What I can do however is be positive and wish him all the best now he is here... which is what I'm going to do!

It is odd that now he's here, I have a strange feeling I may have wrong about him... and its only odd because I didn’t think that last year with Mario! I thought he was terrible before he signed, thought it after he signed, still think it now!!

back to topic - thought its was a good final run out... was excited about Bobby F ..... cant wait for Sunday now
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #295: Aug 03, 2015 01:43:39 pm

Hanging out with Wally and Carmen Sandiego by the looks of it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #296: Aug 03, 2015 02:06:04 pm

wow Carmen Sandiego, there's a blast from the past
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #297: Aug 03, 2015 03:07:10 pm

His wife has just pushed out a sprog so maybe he gets paternity leave?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #298: Aug 03, 2015 03:21:53 pm
      His wife has just pushed out a sprog so maybe he gets paternity leave?

What a horrible way to put it.

Quick Reply