Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

2015-2016 Fixtures (And points planned)

Read 7046 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: 2015-2016 Fixtures (And points planned)
      Reply #23: Aug 13, 2015 11:57:32 am
      2 points per game average puts us on plus 1, another 3 points next Monday and that's plus 2 meaning we can lose to Arsenal and still be on target. 

Not that I'm expecting or wanting us to lose against them but it takes any fear/pressure away from us having to go there and have to win  ;)

True but we reacted for the 6-1, so I would expect us to react for the 4-1 as well.

Gooners reacted well to their 5-1 defeat and we needed a last minute header from the stapled-head of Skrtel to grind out a point, despite us being the better team last season. Put in a similar performance and we could come away with 3 this time.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #24: Aug 13, 2015 12:20:05 pm
      That's just silly though. That point could make all the difference come the end of the season. There's no point being unbeaten if you finish on less points than you would have had you won the extra game and lost an extra game.

I get the longer term implications, but it’s a confidence thing!! Look at the fight Arsenal showed during their unbeaten season, in some cases just to gain a draw!!

I know we're a bit far from that situation but let’s stay unbeaten with a few draws at the beginning then just win the next 34 games ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Aug 13, 2015 12:37:22 pm
      I know we're a bit far from that situation but let’s stay unbeaten with a few draws at the beginning then just win the next 34 games ;D

Lets just win all 38 and discuss everything else following that ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26: Aug 13, 2015 10:49:28 pm
      Lets just win all 38 and discuss everything else following that ?

My thoughts exactly because "Points Planned"...Well, Points Planned should be 114.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #27: Aug 14, 2015 06:40:20 am
      My thoughts exactly because "Points Planned"...Well, Points Planned should be 114.

If you're not being realistic yes ... we might win all the games 5-0.

But i think that the manager and those upstairs have a plan, let's say in november we should have around this ammount of points ... etc
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1771 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #28: Aug 17, 2015 09:03:44 am
      average 2 points a game over the season puts us in the mix at the end.

I don't fear any other teams, I only fear us, and maybe not turning up for games.

good news so far, only city look better so far out of top 5.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #29: Aug 17, 2015 12:15:38 pm
      If you're not being realistic yes ... we might win all the games 5-0.

But i think that the manager and those upstairs have a plan, let's say in november we should have around this ammount of points ... etc

Got nothing to do with being realistic, it's to do with reaching for the stars and touching the ceiling. What we need and what we should be aiming for are not the same thing. We're Liverpool Football Club, we should never aim for anything less than 1st place.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1771 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30: Aug 17, 2015 12:21:31 pm
      Got nothing to do with being realistic, it's to do with reaching for the stars and touching the ceiling. What we need and what we should be aiming for are not the same thing. We're Liverpool Football Club, we should never aim for anything less than 1st place.

Agree mate. We should always be aiming for 1st place, and to achieve that, you need to start well in the season pick up plenty points away, and win all home games.

After last season its a big ask, but not impossible as nothing in life is impossible.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #31: Aug 17, 2015 12:30:07 pm
      Agree mate. We should always be aiming for 1st place, and to achieve that, you need to start well in the season pick up plenty points away, and win all home games.

After last season its a big ask, but not impossible as nothing in life is impossible.

It's not even about winning the title, it's about giving yourself as much chance to finish in the top four as you possibly can. You aim for 1st and fail, you might finish 2nd, or 3rd or 4th or lower. If you aim for 4th and fail you've only 5th place and below to fall back on. It's about maximising your odds.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1771 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #32: Aug 17, 2015 01:09:20 pm
      It's not even about winning the title, it's about giving yourself as much chance to finish in the top four as you possibly can. You aim for 1st and fail, you might finish 2nd, or 3rd or 4th or lower. If you aim for 4th and fail you've only 5th place and below to fall back on. It's about maximising your odds.

thats true. Im sure as a club we always set out to win every game though. Maybe consider draws away at big rivals, but certainly we should be winning most homw games, and at least not losing away from home in the big games, and beating all of the bottom 10 clubs away.

So saying that, Im gonna revise my targets,
      win 16 & draw 2 at home = 50 points
      win 10, draw 4 lose 4 away = 34 points

84 points. Very nice. thats up there for title and easy top 4 finish.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #33: Aug 17, 2015 02:29:57 pm

bang on mate....
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #34: Aug 17, 2015 02:54:48 pm
      thats true. Im sure as a club we always set out to win every game though. Maybe consider draws away at big rivals, but certainly we should be winning most homw games, and at least not losing away from home in the big games, and beating all of the bottom 10 clubs away.

So saying that, Im gonna revise my targets,
      win 16 & draw 2 at home = 50 points
      win 10, draw 4 lose 4 away = 34 points

84 points. Very nice. thats up there for title and easy top 4 finish.

Forget United, forget City, Chelsea or Arsenal. Those matches are icing on the cake. You don't play yourself so that leaves you with fifteen teams to play home and away. The fifteen teams other than yourself outside of the top four, your so-called 'bread and butter' games. Win those and you get 90 points. Enough to win the title.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1771 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #35: Aug 17, 2015 03:47:55 pm
      Forget United, forget City, Chelsea or Arsenal. Those matches are icing on the cake. You don't play yourself so that leaves you with fifteen teams to play home and away. The fifteen teams other than yourself outside of the top four, your so-called 'bread and butter' games. Win those and you get 90 points. Enough to win the title.

spot on, and thats where we have failed for past 20 years, always dropping silly points as they say.

Remember GH days of beating the mancs regularly, but then dropping silly points.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #36: Aug 19, 2015 09:34:01 am
      Anyone gonna do the points vs last years points thread....

I would but i'm far too lazy but I do enjoy reading them, looking at what we got last season and stuff

Quick Reply