Trending Topics

Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)

Read 23558 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)
      Reply #115: Aug 22, 2015 09:51:34 am
      Gerrard was our captain and not for sale, Chelsea came in for him though, didn't they?
      By the way, i do actually live next to a bridge, weird or what?

No ones put a bid in for Messi or Hazard or Aguero....they must all be sh*t as well, using your twisted logic. Henderson is very influential on our play and a very good player, but you can't teach the blind to see.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #116: Aug 22, 2015 09:53:19 am
          mignolet
          skyrtel
          lovren
          gomez
          clyne
          coutinhou
          milner
          can
          lallana
          firminiho
         benteke
       4-5-1

park the bus and hope for a break. or set piece. Which, by the way, we are useless at.

So you have chosen a side that will Park the bus yet say we are useless at,

Says it all really 
      your nothing more than a WUM fella,  F**k sake you can't even spell our players names properly,

Do us a favour shitehawk and F**k off,

LFC supporter,  MY ARSE!!

YNWA
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #117: Aug 22, 2015 10:11:02 am

So you have chosen a side that will Park the bus yet say we are useless at,

Says it all really 
      your nothing more than a WUM fella,  F**k sake you can't even spell our players names properly,

Do us a favour shitehawk and f**k off,

LFC supporter,  MY ARSE!!

YNWA

No, useless at set pieces.You know, like taking outswinging corners. Who's idea is that? Benteke on the 6 yrd line, but we send it out to the edge of the box. Genius.
      Would love to see your team and formation. Do you remember how we played in the 2nd half in Istanbul? Parked the bus. Arsenal are a superior team to us. To go there and open up is suicide( IMO)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #118: Aug 22, 2015 10:17:14 am
      I think the top four will be
      man city
      chelsea arsenal
      man utd

But that can't be true as most of those haven't clicked yet... see my point?
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #119: Aug 22, 2015 10:23:08 am
      But that can't be true as most of those haven't clicked yet... see my point?

Thats right. But neither have we, and they have stronger squads. The season is a marathon, these teams (IMO) will prove to be too good for the rest. Yes, we have 6 pts, but so do Leicster.
      We have beem really lucky so far, but luck will only pinch you time from time.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #120: Aug 22, 2015 10:27:17 am
      Thats right. But neither have we, and they have stronger squads. The season is a marathon, these teams (IMO) will prove to be too good for the rest. Yes, we have 6 pts, but so do Leicster.
      We have beem really lucky so far, but luck will only pinch you time from time.

But you've tipped us to sink and for them to get top 4 straight off the bat. You may need to wait a while before making these assumptions of yours. Man United have the centre mid Rooney upfront, if he doesn't score goals then they won't be getting anywhere.

Can't wait for this match, just a bit sh*t that we have to wait until Monday again but at least we're on TV I guess. On a positive note, we're on a Saturday for the following two fixtures. If Henderson isn't fit then I expect to come into the team and we'll no doubt set up in a 4-2-3-1 but reverting to a 4-3-3 when we're not in attack. I'm going for a 1-1 draw.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #121: Aug 22, 2015 10:35:26 am
      But you've tipped us to sink and for them to get top 4 straight off the bat. You may need to wait a while before making these assumptions of yours. Man United have the centre mid Rooney upfront, if he doesn't score goals then they won't be getting anywhere.

Can't wait for this match, just a bit sh*t that we have to wait until Monday again but at least we're on TV I guess. On a positive note, we're on a Saturday for the following two fixtures. If Henderson isn't fit then I expect to come into the team and we'll no doubt set up in a 4-2-3-1 but reverting to a 4-3-3 when we're not in attack. I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

I'd love a 1-1 draw. We were awful last season, We have not shown any progress in our play this season(IMO)
      All the four teams i mentioned, have better teams than us. So, we need our manager to turn our players into a cohesive playing unit.Have you seen anything in our first two games to make you feel we look like we know what we are doing?
      I have not.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #122: Aug 22, 2015 11:55:40 am

I'd be content with a 1-1 draw, I'd love a win, and that is what we should be aiming for.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #123: Aug 22, 2015 12:00:15 pm
      Could you imagine city, arsenal , chelsea or man utd making a bid for henderson?
      There is a reason for that.

City took Delph, Henderson is much better than him so :/
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #124: Aug 22, 2015 12:41:43 pm
      No, useless at set pieces.You know, like taking outswinging corners. Who's idea is that? Benteke on the 6 yrd line, but we send it out to the edge of the box. Genius.
      Would love to see your team and formation. Do you remember how we played in the 2nd half in Istanbul? Parked the bus. Arsenal are a superior team to us. To go there and open up is suicide( IMO)

I posted my opinion of what I think the X1 might be in the previous page, feel free to look if you want,
      The fact is fella for someone who claims to be a supporter of this club you have a very peculiar way of showing that support,

There are many differing opinions from forum members but you and a few others are so negative and full of hate for our manager, the way he conducts his business, the way he wants us playing, the very players he has brought to the club, the tactics he uses, the formation he chooses etc, etc etc,

The amount of negativity surrounding your posts is astounding, so much so, it cannot be a surprise to you that ppl on here question if you are indeed a supporter of this great club ?

YNWA
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #125: Aug 22, 2015 01:13:44 pm

I posted my opinion of what I think the X1 might be in the previous page, feel free to look if you want,
      The fact is fella for someone who claims to be a supporter of this club you have a very peculiar way of showing that support,

There are many differing opinions from forum members but you and a few others are so negative and full of hate for our manager, the way he conducts his business, the way he wants us playing, the very players he has brought to the club, the tactics he uses, the formation he chooses etc, etc etc,

The amount of negativity surrounding your posts is astounding, so much so, it cannot be a surprise to you that ppl on here question if you are indeed a supporter of this great club ?

YNWA

Or, maybe ,i just ask questions that need asking. Rodgers entire tenure as our manager has been failure after failure. Yet you want me to just hope for the best?
      If that kind of thinking helps you to sleep at night, then thats ok by me.
      However, i am struggling to get excited. Nothing i have seen so far has led me to change my mind. It is possible that it could suddenly just all fall into place. I just won't hold my breath.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #126: Aug 22, 2015 01:16:49 pm
      City took Delph, Henderson is much better than him so :/

Yes, they took Delph. Not Henderson. They took Sterling. Not Henderson.
      Seriously, none of the top 4 teams would touch him with a dirty stick.Yet he is our captain. Whoopi doo
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #127: Aug 22, 2015 01:24:57 pm
      Seriously, none of the top 4 teams would touch him with a dirty stick.Yet he is our captain. Whoopi doo

Henderson would be a good fit for all those teams.  You've seriously got this one wrong. 
      LFCexiled
      Reply #128: Aug 22, 2015 01:31:03 pm

Is your face little due to the amount of smacks it's had?

F**k me your negative, it may be best if you take a break for a while, recharge the batteries and all that.

If it's pissing you of it really is time to call it a day.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #129: Aug 22, 2015 01:33:55 pm
      Henderson would be a good fit for all those teams.  You've seriously got this one wrong.

So its just me who's got it seriously wrong? Not the managers of the top 4 teams? What would he bring to their teams? inconsistency? poor distribution of the ball? an inability to run with a football? an inability to strike a ball consistently? or, as a centre midfielder, an uncanny knack of disappearing in crucial games?
      No top team would ever show the slightest interest in him, and rightly so.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #130: Aug 22, 2015 01:35:12 pm

F**k me your negative, it may be best if you take a break for a while, recharge the batteries and all that.

Well that might bring out even more negativity.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #131: Aug 22, 2015 01:35:16 pm

No, i'm good thanks.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #132: Aug 22, 2015 01:40:56 pm
      littleface seriously mate, why the F**k are you taking the piss out of our captain just before a massive game?

Explain the benefits for anyone casting their eyes upon your snippets of wisdom.

What does it add to the party?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #133: Aug 22, 2015 01:47:15 pm
      This topics taken a bit of a turn..

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #134: Aug 22, 2015 01:56:38 pm
      So its just me who's got it seriously wrong? Not the managers of the top 4 teams? What would he bring to their teams? inconsistency? poor distribution of the ball? an inability to run with a football? an inability to strike a ball consistently? or, as a centre midfielder, an uncanny knack of disappearing in crucial games?
      No top team would ever show the slightest interest in him, and rightly so.

You're just wrong.

Poor Distribution?  He has good distribution, both short and long, keeps the ball moving. 
      His striking isn't the greatest, but it has come on leaps and bounds, god knows what you think of Coutinho's striking, his on target efforts are rare as they are beautiful.

As a by-the-by, Ferguson rated Henderson and had him heavily scouted, Pellegrini has discussed the quality of Henderson in the past and rumours came out about Chelsea earlier this year.  Like a few on here, don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #135: Aug 22, 2015 03:32:26 pm
      I usually enjoy these pre match threads but not when some are bitching like women. Ye have a difference of opinion, get over yourselves👌👌 I'm going for a draw 2-2. It will be a very open game with both teams having some problems this early in the season
      The next fixture at Anfield will tell a hell a lot more about both how good Liverpool are going to be this season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #136: Aug 22, 2015 03:40:24 pm

Yes he is our captain and a fine player to boot.

Now either get behind him and the team or F**k off from this forum littleshit.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #137: Aug 22, 2015 03:46:22 pm
      littleface seriously mate, why the f**k are you taking the piss out of our captain just before a massive game?

Explain the benefits for anyone casting their eyes upon your snippets of wisdom.

What does it add to the party?

It adds another view to a debate that should not just be about positives and wishful thinking. The only difference is that i'm not offended by your positive outlook. Where you take my opinion as an insult.

Quick Reply