Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)

Read 23655 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)
      Reply #46: Aug 21, 2015 11:17:19 am
      If we continue with the same lineup as in the first 2 games, mainly Lallana, we'll get mullered.

A change is needed if we hope to get something from this game. Either Firmino in Lallana's place if we aim to go for it, or Emre Can in Adam's place for a more secure midfield  and Lucas in place of Hendo if he is not fit.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #47: Aug 21, 2015 11:32:40 am
      We can forget about a clean sheet as Rodgers irecord in his career at LFC against the top 4 has shown he is not able to set us up to shut shop, Moyes aside.

So we are going to have to score at least once, our best bet is Benteke as he is the Arsenal defences nightmare.
      It's important Benteke is not too isolated so the importance of who ever is given the option of supporting him is as close as possible. In the last match this was Coutinho but he does his best work from deep so I would be inclined to include Firmino if not from the start then early in the second half.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #48: Aug 21, 2015 12:36:44 pm
      If we continue with the same lineup as in the first 2 games, mainly Lallana, we'll get mullered.

A change is needed if we hope to get something from this game. Either Firmino in Lallana's place if we aim to go for it, or Emre Can in Adam's place for a more secure midfield  and Lucas in place of Hendo if he is not fit.

I like Lallana, but I agree. i think we should go with Ings in the front 3.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #49: Aug 21, 2015 01:05:16 pm
      Can for Lallana is the only change I would make. Ibe and Clyne down the right would be good to silence Sanchez and Can needs to be on top of Ozil. They'll have a plan to contain Coutinho. Hendo-Milner vs Cazorla-Coq will be a real battle.

Mignolet
      Clyne-Skrtel-Lovren-Gomez
      Hendo-Can-Milner
      Ibe-Coutinho
      Benteke

Subs- Bogdan, Moreno, Sakho, Markovic, Lallana, Ings, Firmino

If Hendo doesn't start, it'll be a 4-2-3-1 with Firmino behind Big Ben
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #50: Aug 21, 2015 02:06:45 pm
      I see we're favourites to lose.  :roll:

Has to be 3 central midfielders starting against this lot, or they'll just waltz through our midfield.

Snatch and grab will do nicely.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #51: Aug 21, 2015 02:38:44 pm
      Always, always, always shoot for a win, but a draw at a ground we are typically abject sh*t at would still be pretty good.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #52: Aug 21, 2015 02:47:48 pm
      I think BR set's up with a defensive posture and plays the counterattack....seems early in the season he is playing the %'s. If we win everybody thrilled, if we nick a point everybody is satisfied, if we lose by 1 there would not be a ton of complaints...get hammered supporters out for blood.

He is trying to build confidence so suspect we are going in happy to nick a point.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #53: Aug 21, 2015 02:53:37 pm
      I know Lucas is out of favour but I'd be looking to bring him back for this one. Wouldn't risk Hendo for this one either. I'd go for Ings as well here, his pace could be deadly on the break and he can also drop out to the right hand side when we haven't got the ball.

Mignolet; Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez; Lucas, Can, Milner; Coutinho; Ings, Benteke.

Subs: Bogdan, Sakho, Moreno, Lallana, Firmino, Ibe, Origi.

In the context of the season this is far from a must win game but it would be nice to see us put in a good display and hopefully bring something back home after the battering we got down there last season.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #54: Aug 21, 2015 02:55:20 pm
      I know Lucas is out of favour but I'd be looking to bring him back for this one.

Tough call chats...doubt he can go the full 90.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #55: Aug 21, 2015 03:38:04 pm
      I would also bring Lucas in for this one but I suspect it isn't an option. This would be my line-up assuming Hendo is fit and available. I 100% agree we need a genuine 3 man midfield for this one in order to give Milner and Henderson a little bit of freedom to get up and down, they have both been straight-jacketed by the set-up the past two games. I would also be inclined to give Firmino a start for this one as neither Ibe or Lallana have offered a great deal over the first two games and the lad should be up to a decent fitness level now.

Mignolet

Clyne                    Skrtel                  Lovren              Gomez

Can
                                Henderson        Milner

Firmino                                      Coutinho

Benteke
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #56: Aug 21, 2015 04:24:12 pm
      Don't get me wrong here because I like Gomez and he has done well, but he comes up against one of the top sides here with top players and I am nervous for the lad, put Moreno in me thinks.

Because Moreno did amazing at left back against these sides last season...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #57: Aug 21, 2015 04:24:24 pm
      I would really like to see us use Ings and Benteke together up top. I'd leave Gomez in (need to see how he responds) and from the sounds of it Henderson's out so a midfield of Firmino, Milner, Lallana and Coutinho.

Benteke to score 2 and we take this one 2-1.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #58: Aug 21, 2015 05:08:52 pm
      I would really like to see us use Ings and Benteke together up top. I'd leave Gomez in (need to see how he responds) and from the sounds of it Henderson's out so a midfield of Firmino, Milner, Lallana and Coutinho.

Benteke to score 2 and we take this one 2-1.

Not for me mate we need more bodies centrally as most of Arsenals attacking play comes through the middle. Two up top would leave our midfielders outnumbered.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #59: Aug 21, 2015 05:54:33 pm
      It's always a battle in midfield against Arsenal and we'll need bodies in there to bottleneck any Arsenal advance..
      Sanchez is always a handful as we know as is most of their midfield but they've been losing possession too easily these last two games especially against Palace even though they won.. sounds ridiculous but if we pick up on those loose balls and use it quickly on the break we may surprise them..
      Throw Ings into the mix in and around Big Ben and cause a bit of havoc in their backline.. test the goalkeeper from distance early on.. show our intention and don't sit back..

As mentioned Arsenal play through the middle a lot so get it wide to Ibe and Clyne and let them run at them and utilise the space...with Moreno on the opposite side doing the same..
      Get it down the flanks and get a few crosses in..

No excuses, we need to put in a very good performance to beat this lot on their own patch.. We've done it many times over the years and now is good a time as ever to snatch 3 points, we are more than capable..

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #60: Aug 21, 2015 05:56:27 pm
      I just wonder what is BR thinking when we have 2 players inside the opposition box against 7 defenders for 90 minutes. We are extremely lucky so far to get 2 goals in 2 games. Against arse will put BR's philosophy to an acid test.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #61: Aug 21, 2015 06:27:27 pm
                                    Migs

Clyne        skrtel             lovren       Gomez

Can

Milner                  Coutinho

Ibe

Benteke         Ings

could go 4231 with firmino in for ings ... but we may as well have a go. Im not expecting much from this game apart from what we usually get which is nothing.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #62: Aug 21, 2015 06:34:15 pm
      Stop being a WUM mate, it's because Moreno like it or not is more experienced and is very pacey, how do you know he hasn't improved since last year. Still, I would put him in for this game ahead of Gomez. Opinions.

How the F**k am I being a WUM? I'm stating a fact. Gomez has been better in the first couple of games than Moreno was during all of last season so why drop him to play Moreno? We need to be solid at the back not leave ourselves wide open. How do you know that he has improved? I guess you're being a WUM too for voicing your opinion then?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #63: Aug 21, 2015 06:36:04 pm
      Stop being a WUM mate, it's because Moreno like it or not is more experienced and is very pacey, how do you know he hasn't improved since last year. Still, I would put him in for this game ahead of Gomez. Opinions.

Pacey isn't nearly as important as "defensively aware" when speaking about a fullback.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #64: Aug 21, 2015 06:43:04 pm
      E R ....
      Whoever plays they're gonna have Walcott and Sanchez breathing down their neck..
      Gomez has been solid so far and stays put, Moreno is more attack minded and may have a point to prove before the end of August (if you know what I mean)..
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #65: Aug 21, 2015 07:05:36 pm
      I'm expecting F**k all from this match so anything else is a bonus
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #66: Aug 21, 2015 07:06:26 pm
      If West Ham can turn these over we sure as fook can
      LFCexiled
      Reply #67: Aug 21, 2015 07:21:04 pm
      I'm expecting F**k all from this match so anything else is a bonus

Gotta define 'F**k all' my man. ;)

Dangerous thoughts them Bri.  :o
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #68: Aug 21, 2015 07:29:03 pm

With the help of a 16 year old DM too!!!

Quick Reply