Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)

Read 23653 times
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Re: Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)
      Reply #69: Aug 21, 2015 08:01:45 pm
                                    Migs

Clyne        skrtel             lovren       Gomez

Can

Milner                  Coutinho

Ibe

Benteke         Ings

could go 4231 with firmino in for ings ... but we may as well have a go. Im not expecting much from this game apart from what we usually get which is nothing.

There is no way we can go with any form of formation as you gave suggested. We have to go . 4-5-1 and try and get a bore 0-0 draw. This would be an excellent result. Also, it would finally, hopefully prove, that Rodgers has gained some sort of tactical nous. Play to our limited strenghts, instead of walking into a shooting match we can't possibly win.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #70: Aug 21, 2015 08:14:28 pm
      Love it if we were to rape the gooners at their yard, however, I'd be ecstatic with a point, and I'd take that right now,

It doesn't look like El capitano will make it so Lucas has to feature albeit only at 80% fit, I like the idea of playing Ings alongside Benteke but I would doubt Brendan would be so adventurous considering our performances thus far,

So what do we want from the game aside from the obvious?, and how do we go about getting the max from it ?

I think he'll approach it with the emphasis of not getting overrun, but retain the option of counter attack, so I think he could line up thus(without Hendo).....

Mignolet
                     Clyde Skrtel Lovren Gomez
                                    Lucas
                       Milner       Can     Moreno
                                 Coutinho
                                             Benteke

Effectively playing five across the middle if we're squeezed, but if we can break we have the pace to counter, Arse like it down the middle so frustrating them will get their fans on their backs , and if we can nick one, all the better......

Or....
                                           Mignolet
                             Clyde  Skrtel Lovren Gomez
                                 Hendo  Can  Moreno
                                           Milner
                                      Coutinho
                                                 Benteke

Whatever X1 Brendan opts for will hopefully bag a point at least, real tough match this, but I'm quietly confident,

1-2 Redmen, Cou & Big Ben with the goodies.

YNWA
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #71: Aug 21, 2015 08:24:26 pm
      There is no way we can go with any form of formation as you gave suggested. We have to go . 4-5-1 and try and get a bore 0-0 draw. This would be an excellent result. Also, it would finally, hopefully prove, that Rodgers has gained some sort of tactical nous. Play to our limited strenghts, instead of walking into a shooting match we can't possibly win.

Weat Ham went with a game plan and it wasn't to defend a 0-0..
      They had a go and took advantage of the fact Arsenal are quite sh*t in the air.
      Good on the ground with their nifty footwork yes, but they couldn't handle the big lad up front when balls were lofted in..

So, for me anyways, if we allow the likes of Ozil, Ramsey and Chaimberlin etc to knock it about and knacker us out we'll get hammered mate...you know how hard it is when you've held out for 90+1 minutes then they open you up and all the hard work has gone out the window..
      We have to have a pop at them, and Big Ben could be the one to do it for us..Think he scored at Arsenal last year for Villa so he knows the place and has played against the Arsenal centre halves who'll know he's a handful..

with Henderson looking more and more like he's gonna be sitting this one out and Lucas on his way out, Milner is gonna have to marshall it all on his tod.

But we have to have a go at them mate...

littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #72: Aug 21, 2015 08:45:20 pm
      Weat Ham went with a game plan and it wasn't to defend a 0-0..
      They had a go and took advantage of the fact Arsenal are quite sh*t in the air.
      Good on the ground with their nifty footwork yes, but they couldn't handle the big lad up front when balls were lofted in..

So, for me anyways, if we allow the likes of Ozil, Ramsey and Chaimberlin etc to knock it about and knacker us out we'll get hammered mate...you know how hard it is when you've held out for 90+1 minutes then they open you up and all the hard work has gone out the window.
      We have to have a pop at them, and Big Ben could be the one to do it for us..Think he scored at Arsenal last year for Villa so he knows the place and has played against the Arsenal centre halves who'll know he's a handful..

with Henderson looking more and more like he's gonna be sitting this one out and Lucas on his way out, Milner is gonna have to marshall it all on his tod.

But we have to have a go at them mate...

Ok. But we don't have the players to take arsenal on, especially on their turf.If we try to take them on, especially as how easily we give the ball away, we will get routed. We need to play this as a season game, not a one off. Bore ,frustrating draw is a good result.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #73: Aug 21, 2015 08:53:55 pm
      Ok. But we don't have the players to take arsenal on, especially on their turf.If we try to take them on, especially as how easily we give the ball away, we will get routed. We need to play this as a season game, not a one off. Bore ,frustrating draw is a good result.

Wait...which of Arsenal's players should we be afraid of again?

Ozil....nah
      Sanches...yea he's pretty good
      Carzola...nope
      Giroud....uh don't think so
      Ramsay....not too worried
      Wilshire....puff puff give

?????

I'm not sure why everyone all of the sudden thinks Arsenal is some powerhouse. They'll do the same thing this year they do every year....be good in some games, get beaten by teams they shouldn't in others and finish in the top 4 (unless United pushes them out).

They have one player that we realistically should worry about. Ozil traditionally doesn't play that well against us, Sanchez we need to keep an eye on. The rest are no better than anyone we have.

In fact I'd say with Firmino, Benteke and Coutinho, we have much more firepower than they do.

Screw this small club thinking that we should be happy with a draw...we can win this game and we should expect to.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #74: Aug 21, 2015 09:34:56 pm

Ozil....nah
      Carzola...nope

?????

I'm not sure why everyone all of the sudden thinks Arsenal is some powerhouse. They'll do the same thing this year they do every year....be good in some games, get beaten by teams they shouldn't in others and finish in the top 4 (unless United pushes them out).

They have one player that we realistically should worry about. Ozil traditionally doesn't play that well against us, Sanchez we need to keep an eye on. The rest are no better than anyone we have.

In fact I'd say with Firmino, Benteke and Coutinho, we have much more firepower than they do.

Screw this small club thinking that we should be happy with a draw...we can win this game and we should expect to.

Er!  They will probably do what they have for the last 9 seasons ( bar 1 very lucky one). And tw*t us. We should be scared of their whole team, as they will walk through our midfield at will. Something they have done to us for many a year.We are on the same pts as Leicster, but who thinks they are gona set the league on fire, despite plaing better football than us.
      Lets hope we bore Arsenal to a draw then beat West Ham, with an improved performance.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #75: Aug 21, 2015 09:49:46 pm
      I fancy to turn these over 2-1.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #76: Aug 21, 2015 10:17:47 pm
      I fancy to turn these over 2-1.

But what do you base this assumption on ? You can't possibly base it on what you have seen so far. We still struggle to string a few attacking passe's together. No two players seem to have any fluid understanding of each others play, so where will this 2-1 win come from. Other than wishfull thinking (what we  all think basically).
      The manager must look to just frustrate and bore us all for 90 minutes. This would be a great result for us and a bad result for Arsenal.
      7 pts from our first 3 games , whilst showing some steel against a major rivals, is an excellent start. We have been a weak team for many seasons, what we need to show now , is a stubborn effort against an attacking force, this would build confidence in a weak defence that has had a bad press in recent years. No bad thing , in my eyes.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #77: Aug 21, 2015 10:24:17 pm

Been all but ruled out of the game hasn't he?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #78: Aug 21, 2015 10:30:26 pm
      Two Monday games in a row? F**k off EPL
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #79: Aug 21, 2015 10:33:56 pm

Sorry mate but we've just spent nearly 60m on two "Goal scorers" and I don't buy this ;
      "He hasn't gelled in yet" or "He's not match fit yet"..

They passed their medicals didn't they?...

Surely to Christ BR has to have faith in the capability of these strikers and play either of them in any game against any team..

Yes, our record at Arsenal is poor but they haven't had the best start and as I said earlier have lost possession to easily in midfield and are so zonal and sh*t in the air when defending dead balls..

The first 10 minutes will give us a clue as to how our stalls set...

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #80: Aug 21, 2015 10:40:07 pm
      But what do you base this assumption on ? You can't possibly base it on what you have seen so far. We still struggle to string a few attacking passe's together. No two players seem to have any fluid understanding of each others play, so where will this 2-1 win come from. Other than wishfull thinking (what we  all think basically).
      The manager must look to just frustrate and bore us all for 90 minutes. This would be a great result for us and a bad result for Arsenal.
      7 pts from our first 3 games , whilst showing some steel against a major rivals, is an excellent start. We have been a weak team for many seasons, what we need to show now , is a stubborn effort against an attacking force, this would build confidence in a weak defence that has had a bad press in recent years. No bad thing , in my eyes.

WTF?
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #81: Aug 21, 2015 10:43:37 pm
      Sorry mate but we've just spent nearly 60m on two "Goal scorers" and I don't buy this ;
      "He hasn't gelled in yet" or "He's not match fit yet"..

They passed their medicals didn't they?...

Surely to Christ BR has to have faith in the capability of these strikers and play either of them in any game against any team..

Yes, our record at Arsenal is poor but they haven't had the best start and as I said earlier have lost possession to easily in midfield and are so zonal and sh*t in the air when defending dead balls..

The first 10 minutes will give us a clue as to how our stalls set...
      Yeh, but at home Arsenal midfield will run through ours. We struggle to keep the ball and Arsenal will play a high line because of this. I'm hoping Rodgers has learnt from his mistakes tactically, and just floods the midfield and tells his team to be aware at set peices, where we could snatch a goal (as long as we don't out our corners as outswingers)
      Pack the midfield and leave Benteke and Coutinhou to hit tbem o  the break.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #82: Aug 21, 2015 10:44:52 pm
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #83: Aug 21, 2015 10:48:47 pm

Ozil....nah
      Carzola...nope

?????

Correct me if I'm wrong but Giroud has a decent scoring record against us.

Skrtel likes to score against Arsenal...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #84: Aug 21, 2015 10:53:51 pm

I think that was pretty self explanatory, no?.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #85: Aug 21, 2015 10:54:55 pm
      The guy has phenomenal movement, he gets into a lot of dangerous areas. Being more creative is another factor too, and I actually think he's a better finisher than Ings.

Btw, I too wouldn't mind seeing Ibe as one of the side midfielders in a 442 diamond. Remember how Di Maria played for Real? That's how I see Ibe playing!
      My admit; can't say I have seen that much of Firmino, will take your word on it if you say his a better finisher
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #86: Aug 21, 2015 10:57:44 pm
      I think that was pretty self explanatory, no?.

No, it wasn't.Explain?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #87: Aug 21, 2015 10:58:15 pm
      Hendo looks a real doubt, and would be a loss if he doesn't play. At this stage, at 25!, he's one of our most experienced players.
      Can would come in, but he needs time to get used to that position after playing FB last flippin season.

Strange that neither Ings or Origi have even got a subs run yet. BR probably wants to keep as settled a team as possible in the early stages of the season, which is understandable, but we really need those guys pushing hard for a place. Wonder if we'll see either of em on Mon...
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #88: Aug 21, 2015 11:02:56 pm
      Why are you so focused on just Bellerin's speed?
      not really focused on him in particular just know that there is plenty of attacking pace in Arseanl, both flanks and midfield, we need some pace of our own especially counter attacking and I believe Ibe gives us pace in defending and in attack
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #89: Aug 21, 2015 11:10:21 pm
      Hendo looks a real doubt, and would be a loss if he doesn't play. At this stage, at 25!, he's one of our most experienced players.
      Can would come in, but he needs time to get used to that position after playing FB last flippin season.

Strange that neither Ings or Origi have even got a subs run yet. BR probably wants to keep as settled a team as possible in the early stages of the season, which is understandable, but we really need those guys pushing hard for a place. Wonder if we'll see either of em on Mon...

Got to say, Henderson is a really poor player , who, has no impact on our team this season.( albeit only two games in)  While Milner is a decent and solid performer, he was still just a bit part player at City, and no replacement for Steven Gerrard.
      We have shown nothing  this season , to suggest that this team is gona kick on and click.
      Howe er, you never know.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #90: Aug 21, 2015 11:27:08 pm
      Got to say, Henderson is a really poor player , who, has no impact on our team this season.( albeit only two games in)  While Milner is a decent and solid performer, he was still just a bit part player at City, and no replacement for Steven Gerrard.
      We have shown nothing  this season , to suggest that this team is gona kick on and click.
      Howe er, you never know.

Henderson has no impact on our team? 6 league goals (7 in total) and 10 league assists (15 in total) last season say otherwise. That's a bigger contribution than Coutinho made goals assists wise and only had 1 less goal yet you think Henderson doesn't have an impact. If you don't think we're going to click then you must think the same about Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United but obviously that isn't the case as you're just being a negative arse yet again.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #91: Aug 21, 2015 11:28:39 pm
      Howe er, you never know.

Quick Reply