Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Crazy goal reactions?

Read 1934 times
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 985 posts | 32 
      Crazy goal reactions?
      Aug 22, 2015 12:22:02 am
      Just curious if anyone else, like me, gets overly excited when LFC score a goal?

I don't mean just a smile and a shake of the fist..

Most recently for me was the Coutinho goal at Stoke. I had to stop by my parents after work to help move some stuff, they also had friends over. After I finished helping, I escaped to the living room for the second half of the match. Upon the scoring of the goal, with all my breath I screamed "YEEAAAHHH!!!! TAKE THAT YOU PIE EATING C*NTS!!!"

Obviously my parents and their guests weren't very appreciative of my language... ;D..  :lmao:

But that being said, anyone else have any fond moments of crazy goal reactions to share???  ;D
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Re: Crazy goal reactions?
      Reply #1: Aug 22, 2015 01:12:15 am
      I kissed my cousin when Xabi scored the equalizer in Istanbul.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2: Aug 22, 2015 03:37:36 pm
      The one for me was Coutinho's winner against Man City in 2013-14. It's almost a blur of euphoria, but I just screamed as loud as I could into a pillow on the couch ;D At that moment, I thought we'd done it and we were on our way to the title. Sadly, it didn't turn out that way, but it's one of my favorite goals.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #3: Aug 22, 2015 11:31:20 pm
      The one for me was Coutinho's winner against Man City in 2013-14. It's almost a blur of euphoria, but I just screamed as loud as I could into a pillow on the couch ;D At that moment, I thought we'd done it and we were on our way to the title. Sadly, it didn't turn out that way, but it's one of my favorite goals.
      I was watching that game at work,i F***ing yelled as much as i could when the winner was scored...
      My boss had to calm me down.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #4: Aug 22, 2015 11:45:08 pm
      Obviously you are pretty excited at a game.  In terms of watching at home I don't tend to go as mad as I used to years back when we were on the box maybe four or five times a year.  It depends on the opposition though and like anything how the game has been.  Late winners, spawny winners, goals against the run of play etc are far more likely to get me off my seat!

I do think the wall to wall coverage of football on TV has diluted the experience watching at home.

Been a while since I've been this bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcdoo8SbEY4
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5: Aug 24, 2015 12:47:47 pm
      Much worse watching on tv than at the match, my neighbours often comment on my 90 minute roller coaster ride. remember when we scored the last minute winner at QPR last season, I ran into the kitchen, jumping and shouting
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #6: Aug 24, 2015 02:21:12 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #7: Aug 24, 2015 02:33:55 pm
      I was the biggest idiot in the whole world during that Road to Istambul.

I watched every game in the same room (my brother's room at the time) and tried to stay in the same position if possible - I also liked to be alone so other people wouldn't annoy me and make even more nervous than I already was.

During the semifinal vs Chelsea, my brother was watching the game in my room while I watched it on his (makes no sense, but I forced him to accept that arrangement). My brother was watching on open tv while I had cable tv on - which means I was maybe 2 or 3 seconds behind as there's always some delay with cable tv.

In those final moments when Gudjohnsen had an open goal (and missed), my brother shouted "NOOOOOO!" very loudly and I could hear him from the other room. Obviously for those 2-3 seconds I thought Chelsea had scored. When I finally saw the ball go wide, my first reaction was to run towards my brother calling him all the names I could think of - the b***ard had nearly killed me!

Then in the final, I started watching the game on my brother's room as I did during the whole campaign but since everything started going wrong in that 1st half and we were quickly 3 goals behind, I changed to my own room. If the lights were off, I turned them on; the computer was off, so I turned it on; if a door was closed, I would open it - in my brain, we needed a change so I tried to change everything I could (seriously).

That means I ended up watching us win the UCL in my room, and from the moment of Gerrard's goal until the final Dudek save, I stayed in the very same spot in my bed, trying to move as little as possible, because it was "working". Freakin idiot I was.

I'm not like that anymore - these days I only have a superstition with penalties (I never watch them, usually close my eyes) - but those were natural, crazy reactions I had during that campaign and if any of it made any difference in the universe's balance and helped us win the European Cup, then it was all worth it :P

Oh, and that Luis Garcia goal - I was running around the apartment like a lunatic!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #8: Aug 24, 2015 05:17:18 pm
      I was the biggest idiot in the whole world during that Road to Istambul.

I watched every game in the same room (my brother's room at the time) and tried to stay in the same position if possible - I also liked to be alone so other people wouldn't annoy me and make even more nervous than I already was.

During the semifinal vs Chelsea, my brother was watching the game in my room while I watched it on his (makes no sense, but I forced him to accept that arrangement). My brother was watching on open tv while I had cable tv on - which means I was maybe 2 or 3 seconds behind as there's always some delay with cable tv.

In those final moments when Gudjohnsen had an open goal (and missed), my brother shouted "NOOOOOO!" very loudly and I could hear him from the other room. Obviously for those 2-3 seconds I thought Chelsea had scored. When I finally saw the ball go wide, my first reaction was to run towards my brother calling him all the names I could think of - the b***ard had nearly killed me!

Then in the final, I started watching the game on my brother's room as I did during the whole campaign but since everything started going wrong in that 1st half and we were quickly 3 goals behind, I changed to my own room. If the lights were off, I turned them on; the computer was off, so I turned it on; if a door was closed, I would open it - in my brain, we needed a change so I tried to change everything I could (seriously).

That means I ended up watching us win the UCL in my room, and from the moment of Gerrard's goal until the final Dudek save, I stayed in the very same spot in my bed, trying to move as little as possible, because it was "working". Freakin idiot I was.

I'm not like that anymore - these days I only have a superstition with penalties (I never watch them, usually close my eyes) - but those were natural, crazy reactions I had during that campaign and if any of it made any difference in the universe's balance and helped us win the European Cup, then it was all worth it :P

Oh, and that Luis Garcia goal - I was running around the apartment like a lunatic!

The things that football and superstition can do to us, cool story that mate, loved it. So you were the reason we won! because you changed the forces of the universe.

I watched the game with a baby wild rabbit on my lap, which I found hopping around on it's own, so took it in. No word of a lie ;D. Crazy night that. So of course I'm bound to think that was my lucky charm. What a game.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #9: Aug 24, 2015 05:25:10 pm

The lack of detail in that comment leads one down a right merry path of thoughtful ramblings.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #10: Sep 10, 2015 07:03:23 pm
      Whether it's a final or a 3rd round league cup game I always scream "YEEEESSSSS"!! when/if we score...

Watching the game on TV is never gonna be as intense as actually being at the ground amongst your family of fans and I have, on many occasions during the terrace years when a goal went in, just hugged total strangers next to me as if we'd just struck oil.. There is a distinct possibility i may have hugged the odd member on here ??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: who knows?

Nowadays on TV it's a pressure cooker environment in our house....I've been screaming more at our mistakes than our actual goals going in these last few seasons although when Suarez was banging them in I found myself laughing like a madman very time he scored...
      The kids used to just look at me in a WTF way... :laugh:
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #11: Sep 11, 2015 11:33:32 am

Details, mate. DETAILS.  :)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #12: Sep 11, 2015 08:01:00 pm
      I usually end up punching the floor about 15 times and thrusting my fist out in front of me in a half salute half a gesture of get a load of that

Istanbul I dived on my 23 stone mate and gave him a big smacker on the lips
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #13: Sep 12, 2015 12:33:33 am
      Bruised leg after celebrating like a loon during one of the four goals in our 4-0 win at Pride Park back in 2000/2001 season, wrecked a couple of pairs of glasses after crazy goal celebrations, in istanbul after Vlad's goal, glasses ended up two rows back :)

Also remember a certain mad celebration in the old kop during the 3-3 with united in 94, when standing next to a certain LFC Reds Admin when we were both about 16 and ended up swaying about a mile apart before being grabbed by him shaking my head while we both roared "Razor's F***ing scored!!" about a million times.

After Shevchenko's miss from the pen spot - just me and my brother stood by our seats grabbing each other and just bouncing up and down like loons screaming "we've F***ing done it" again about a million times.

Definitely a few others will come flooding back soon - oh a quick one the first 4-3 after stan's winner, going crazy just celebrating with anyone in the paddock right by the geordie masses in the anny road and then jumping on my seat and giving the v's to the geordies. Always funny them watching those that can see you go F***ing mental  >:D

Quick Reply