Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Liverpool v West Ham Sat 29th August 3pm KO

Read 12055 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 306 posts | 43 
      Pre Match: Liverpool v West Ham Sat 29th August 3pm KO
      Aug 25, 2015 02:58:33 pm
      After our brilliant performance away at Arsenal on Monday night we host West Ham on Saturday, hoping to continue our good start to the season.

I can't see many changes, with Hendo coming back to the side being the only one, if fit. Who he comes in for I wouldn't like to guess!

Mignolet

Clyne
      Skrtel
      Lovren
      Gomez

Henderson (c)
      Milner

Firmino
      Coutinho
      Ibe

Benteke

Subs: Bogdan; Sakho, Moreno; Lucas, Emre Can; Ings, Origi.

Seems harsh to leave Lucas out after he played so well last night, but I expect we will go back to 4-2-3-1 for this one.

3-0 to us! YNWA!
      « Last Edit: Aug 26, 2015 09:43:54 am by JD »
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Liverpool v West Ham Sat 29th August 3pm KO
      Reply #1: Aug 25, 2015 03:01:24 pm
      The team last night earned their right to start against West Ham, no time for sentiment in my opinion, earn your place whether you are the captain or not.

Unchanged line up for me thank you and lets have another 3 points please and keep the confidence levels going.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2: Aug 25, 2015 03:03:56 pm
      The team last night earned their right to start against West Ham, no time for sentiment in my opinion, earn your place whether you are the captain or not.

Unchanged line up for me thank you and lets have another 3 points please and keep the confidence levels going.

Nah Lucas will be out the team, can't see him starting and think toss up between Ibe and Firmino, other than that can't see many other drastic changes.

Should be a home win and three points thank you very much
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #3: Aug 25, 2015 03:05:48 pm
      What has Ibe done to start? Hendo for Lucas might be the only change and retain the 4-3-3. We look boss in that.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4: Aug 25, 2015 03:06:22 pm
      Nah Lucas will be out the team, can't see him starting and think toss up between Ibe and Firmino, other than that can't see many other drastic changes.

Shame really HR, think he's earned his place in the starting XI, to be honest I'd be very surprised to see Ibe get the knod over Firminho based on his contribution last night, but then again, Rodgers may put him out there in front of a home crowd to try and build his confidence a little as he looked a little overawed last night when he came on.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5: Aug 25, 2015 03:06:27 pm

Ibe will be lucky to make the bench after his cameo last night. Ings or Markovic should get a chance from the bench unless we start with 2 up front.

LFCexiled
      Reply #6: Aug 25, 2015 03:09:15 pm
      Nah Lucas will be out the team, can't see him starting.....

Surely you mean 'being here' mate?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7: Aug 25, 2015 03:09:21 pm
      It wont change much, Hendo might be given another week, depends on his injury.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #8: Aug 25, 2015 03:15:56 pm
      A rare Saturday game!

I'm guessing if he's fit Hendo will come in for Lucas. Should be the only change.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #9: Aug 25, 2015 03:24:38 pm
      A lot of 3pm sats kick offs this wknd in the EPL.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #10: Aug 25, 2015 04:23:38 pm

If Henderson is fit, then I'd play him in place of Lucas. Other than that, more of the same.

Our ambitions aren't going to be won/lost in away games to Arsenal / City / Chelsea.  We will succeed/fail based on our ability to take max points from our games against teams like West Ham. Need to start that off with 3 points at Anfield this weekend!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #11: Aug 25, 2015 04:30:23 pm
      Surely you mean 'being here' mate?

Hahahahaha true!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #12: Aug 25, 2015 04:33:56 pm
                            Mignolet

Clyne   Skrtel    Lovren  Gomez

Can
                    Hendo    Milner

Firmino                Coutinho
                          Benteke

These are games that look on paper more straight forward than they actually are. West Ham have lost they're last two but will probably look at the blueprint that beat Arsenal on the opening day as a catalyst to do the same to us Saturday. With United away the next game anything but 3 points would be a massive disappointment!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #13: Aug 25, 2015 04:34:03 pm
      Ibe will be lucky to make the bench after his cameo last night. Ings or Markovic should get a chance from the bench unless we start with 2 up front.

Still a young lad, can't head for the slag him off like Sterling mode just yet, still needs a chance to properly settle into the team like Firmino does as well.

Agree about Markovic, also deserves chance as well, he needs to start pushing on as well.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #14: Aug 25, 2015 04:43:25 pm
      Still a young lad, can't head for the slag him off like Sterling mode just yet, still needs a chance to properly settle into the team like Firmino does as well.

Agree about Markovic, also deserves chance as well, he needs to start pushing on as well.

most fringe lads deserve a chance, but  the team has picked up 7 from 9 points.

So there will be minimal change unless fitness dictates otherwise.

Ibe will play some game and then miss some, nature of bringing youth thru.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #15: Aug 25, 2015 04:56:43 pm
      most fringe lads deserve a chance, but  the team has picked up 7 from 9 points.

So there will be minimal change unless fitness dictates otherwise.

Ibe will play some game and then miss some, nature of bringing youth thru.

That's where league cup and Europa Cup games will come in useful.

American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #16: Aug 25, 2015 07:47:46 pm
      As much as I'd agree that Hendo needs to earn back his spot and I'd love to see Lucas given a starting spot after his performance the other day, I have a feeling that won't be the case. Being said I also think that Brendan favors Emre quite a bit. Always seem goodie goodie in the training pictures and he's certainly one that should be in our lineup. Also think Firmino is ready to be a starter for us and I'm looking forward to see what he can do. Lineup I foresee and hope for is:

Migs
      Clyne Skrtel Lovren Gomez
      Milner Can
      Firmino Hendo Couts
      Benteke

Subs: Bogdan, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Markovic, Ings, and Origi

Backline unchanged. To swap one of them after three straight clean sheets would be madness. Hendo, Milner, and Can in constant rotation. Firmino and Couts supporting Benteke up front. Would love to see it.

Expecting nothing but 3 points here simple. 10 of 12 to start the season would be a pretty damn good beginning. Looking forward to it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17: Aug 25, 2015 07:51:04 pm
      As much as I'd agree that Hendo needs to earn back his spot and I'd love to see Lucas given a starting spot after his performance the other day, I have a feeling that won't be the case. Being said I also think that Brendan favors Emre quite a bit. Always seem goodie goodie in the training pictures and he's certainly one that should be in our lineup. Also think Firmino is ready to be a starter for us and I'm looking forward to see what he can do. Lineup I foresee and hope for is:

Migs
      Clyne Skrtel Lovren Gomez
      Milner Can
      Firmino Hendo Couts
      Benteke

Subs: Bogdan, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Markovic, Ings, and Origi

Backline unchanged. To swap one of them after three straight clean sheets would be madness. Hendo, Milner, and Can in constant rotation. Firmino and Couts supporting Benteke up front. Would love to see it.

Expecting nothing but 3 points here simple. 10 of 12 to start the season would be a pretty damn good beginning. Looking forward to it.

I don't think you'll find many people disagreeing with that group of personnel. It'd be interesting to see Hendo in a more advanced position, he's got a keen eye for a pass and has the energy to both support Benteke and also get back to support the centre mid pairing.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #18: Aug 25, 2015 08:20:56 pm
      Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez
                    Lucas
               Can      Milner
                  Coutinho
            Benteke    Firmino   

Would throw Hendo for Can if he's fit, but I can't see it happening. I feel we should always have a DM present, whether it's at home or away, we need Lucas to control and dictate from deep and give a solid foundation for our attacking players.

Still think 442 diamond best suited for us. So pretty much the same line up but different formation.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #19: Aug 25, 2015 09:31:36 pm
      I would give Hendo another week of rest tbh. That way we have an excuse not to hand him to Owl for those meaningless internationals.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #20: Aug 25, 2015 10:51:54 pm
      Another clean sheet, 3 points, a performance building on the arse game and for a few of the players not yet seen in a red shirt getting some minutes late on

If I get that I will be very content.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #21: Aug 25, 2015 10:54:01 pm

This!!! Henderson has to wait for his chance like everyone else. Lucas is the man!!! We can't drop him after that performance.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #22: Aug 25, 2015 10:55:58 pm
      This!!! Henderson has to wait for his chance like everyone else. Lucas is the man!!! We can't drop him after that performance.

Henderson will slot in immediately upon recovery...have zero doubt of this.

Quick Reply