Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre Match: Liverpool v West Ham Sat 29th August 3pm KO

Read 12136 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Re: Liverpool v West Ham Sat 29th August 3pm KO
      Reply #23: Aug 25, 2015 10:57:30 pm
      I would give Hendo another week of rest tbh. That way we have an excuse not to hand him to Owl for those meaningless internationals.

Bet you Lallana's fit though..... all of a sudden..
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #24: Aug 26, 2015 09:04:07 am
      Another 3 points, another clean sheet will do nicely going into the International break, thankyou.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #25: Aug 26, 2015 09:20:41 am
      Will be tougher than many think - or it will be easier, West Ham are very 'Hot or Cold' this season with a great result against Arsenal then shocking against the new boys (and in Europe!)...

Lukas should start as Hendo will be out resting until after the international break - or I would bloody hope so! Ibe will no doubt get a start as we want him to be the next 'Sterling' and to show the world we have a replacement. This for me is the wrong move, we should give Ings or Marko a start and bring him on later. He knows he is not a regular starter and we need to remove a bit of the pressure that is being placed on him to live upto this tag.

Clean sheet would go down very well with Ben getting on the score sheet along with Couthino and Firminho. Although, I would take a 1 - 0 now to give us 10 points from 12 and 4 clean sheets. That result just before a break may not be what we want, but for the team sitting in the top 4 (hopefully 2nd) with no goals conceded will be a massive boost. It will worry teams playing against us as we have not conceded in 360 prem mins against decent sides and that we are scoring a goal a game on average. 
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #26: Aug 26, 2015 09:35:17 am
      I agree it will be either a very easy or a very tough game and not due to us but due to WHU.
      Three weeks ago I would have predicted 2-1, but now I will change that to 1-0. I think it's a score that matches the current form and potential of both teams.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v West Ham Sat 29th August 3pm KO
      Reply #27: Aug 26, 2015 09:45:42 am
      The team last night earned their right to start against West Ham, no time for sentiment in my opinion, earn your place whether you are the captain or not.

Whilst I agree with that on the whole I don't think we need 3 'tackling' midfielders at home to West Ham. I'd sacrifice one of them and play a more attacking midfielder - or better still my preferred two strikers.

Will be tougher than many think - or it will be easier,

Definitely one of those! ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28: Aug 26, 2015 09:47:05 am
      I fancy this to be the game where the attack clicks into gear, we already saw signs of that happening against Arsenal. Im going for 3-0 to us.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #29: Aug 26, 2015 10:18:15 am
      Bet you Lallana's fit though..... all of a sudden..

think he is out for a few weks mate.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30: Aug 26, 2015 10:20:43 am
      Will be tougher than many think - or it will be easier, West Ham are very 'Hot or Cold' this season with a great result against Arsenal then shocking against the new boys (and in Europe!)...

Lukas should start as Hendo will be out resting until after the international break - or I would bloody hope so! Ibe will no doubt get a start as we want him to be the next 'Sterling' and to show the world we have a replacement. This for me is the wrong move, we should give Ings or Marko a start and bring him on later. He knows he is not a regular starter and we need to remove a bit of the pressure that is being placed on him to live upto this tag.

Clean sheet would go down very well with Ben getting on the score sheet along with Couthino and Firminho. Although, I would take a 1 - 0 now to give us 10 points from 12 and 4 clean sheets. That result just before a break may not be what we want, but for the team sitting in the top 4 (hopefully 2nd) with no goals conceded will be a massive boost. It will worry teams playing against us as we have not conceded in 360 prem mins against decent sides and that we are scoring a goal a game on average. 

u getting bit mixed up there, firmino replaced Ibe in the team. Lucas replaced hendo, and Can replaced lallana.

so who do you drop to get Marko in the team ? When the starting 11 played very well on monday.

It will be the same team again, unless hendo is fit.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #31: Aug 26, 2015 10:34:07 am
      To win this game BR needs to get another striker into the line up and don;t leave all the work to Benteke. It's asking too much of Benteke to dribble the ball into goal. At the rate it is going, Benteke would be burnt out long before the season ends. He can't be the focal point of attack throughout 90 mins of the game, someone else will have to take the attention off him.

After I have seen what Moreno could do with the ball I won't hesitate for a moment to turn him into a defensive midfield and a catalyst to an offensive move.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #32: Aug 26, 2015 10:43:50 am
      To win this game BR needs to get another striker into the line up and don;t leave all the work to Benteke. It's asking too much of Benteke to dribble the ball into goal. At the rate it is going, Benteke would be burnt out long before the season ends. He can't be the focal point of attack throughout 90 mins of the game, someone else will have to take the attention off him.

After I have seen what Moreno could do with the ball I won't hesitate for a moment to turn him into a defensive midfield and a catalyst to an offensive move.

Sturridge will he back soon and we have Ings also.

Turn Moreno into a DM? Not for me mate.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #33: Aug 26, 2015 11:33:14 am
      Moreno a DM?

One of the more wacky ideas and we get plenty on here!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #34: Aug 26, 2015 11:40:24 am
      Moreno a DM, Danger mouse ?

Where he has come on as sub, Right side infrom of Gomez, thats got promise.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #35: Aug 26, 2015 11:44:19 am
      Would Brendan dare to go 4-4-2 and play Ings and Benteke up front, at home to see how they would handle it?

I'd love to see Ings get a shot in front of The Kop but I just don't see it.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #36: Aug 26, 2015 12:05:57 pm
      West Ham have a had a couple of bad results. I imagine Bilic will be working tirelessly on their defensive set up in training this week and it'll become a frustrating afternoon for us.

The way to beat them is with pace. None of this patient possession play hoping for a break through somewhere. Take our throw ins quickly. If West Ham give a free kick away in the middle of the park somewhere then again take it quickly. Don't let them settle or get organised just keep going at them with speed.

Gomez did a terrific job on Monday but I'd like to see Moreno come in for this one and get a bit more with down that left flank. Other than that I'd go with the same 11 that started v Arsenal.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #37: Aug 26, 2015 12:16:09 pm
      West Ham are basically guaranteed to get somebody sent off so we should be playing against 10 men for some part of this game. 1 or 2-0 to the red men IMO.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: Aug 26, 2015 12:17:14 pm
      West Ham have a had a couple of bad results. I imagine Bilic will be working tirelessly on their defensive set up in training this week and it'll become a frustrating afternoon for us.

The way to beat them is with pace. None of this patient possession play hoping for a break through somewhere. Take our throw ins quickly. If West Ham give a free kick away in the middle of the park somewhere then again take it quickly. Don't let them settle or get organised just keep going at them with speed.

Gomez did a terrific job on Monday but I'd like to see Moreno come in for this one and get a bit more with down that left flank. Other than that I'd go with the same 11 that started v Arsenal.

Why take out somebody who is doing well? Makes no sense. It's not as though we're not creating enough chances and it's not as though he never attacks down the line.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #39: Aug 26, 2015 12:28:03 pm
      Mignolet

Clyne
      Skrtel
      Lovren
      Gomez

Henderson (c) If fit or else Can
      Milner

Firmino
      Coutinho
      Ibe (He just need time to mature so be it)

Benteke
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #40: Aug 26, 2015 12:33:38 pm
      Mignolet

Clyne
      Skrtel
      Lovren
      Gomez

Lucas
      Henderson/Can
      Milner

Firmino
      Coutinho

Benteke
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #41: Aug 26, 2015 03:04:18 pm
      I'd probably start the same team that started at Arsenal. I don't think anybody deserves dropping on the back of that game. Give Henderson more rest, just to be safe.

That said, part of me wouldn't be opposed to us experimenting with the Man City 4-2-2-2.

Mignolet
      Clyne     Skrtel     Lovren     Gomez
      Milner     Lucas
      Firmino                      Coutinho
      Benteke     Ings

With Milner given more license to get forward into something like a 4-1-3-2.

But this probably makes more sense:

Mignolet
      Clyne     Skrtel     Lovren     Gomez
      Lucas
         Can        Milner
      Firmino               Coutinho
      Benteke
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #42: Aug 26, 2015 04:39:13 pm
      Think Brendan should change formation slightly, Bilic will set Whu to counter the formation we have used up til now,

Also I would box clever by leaving Hendo out, even if he's fit so as that face rubbing tw*t Hodgeson don't F**k him up with engurland,

So, the change....

Mignolet
               Clyne  Skrtel  Lovren  Gomez
                              Milner.  Can
                                Coutinho
                     Firmino.             Ings
                                  Benteke

This is my first idea, but looking at it, it looks kind of narrow,  so I'm not sure now tbh, 😂

Mignolet
             Clyne  Skrtel Lovren Gomez
                              Lucas
                     Milner.         Can
                            Coutinho
                 Firmino.
                                     Benteke
      Looks a better fit, this is all assuming Hendo don't make it of course but if he is fit it's hard not to play your club captain,  so Lucas would feel damn unlucky being benched for his mate,  Can would play DM,

So not much of a change then unless you go with the above,

I would like to see a different attack being used at some point,  like using Ings or Origi,  don't want us becoming to predictable so swapping things around will keep oppo managers guessing which formation we will play and of course hinder complacency among our own,  anyhoo,

Can't see anything other than another dazzling display by our boys,  Whu will bring the double decker, so we need to be more creative up the tempo and smash them to F**k,

3_0 Mighty Reds

YNWA

Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #43: Aug 26, 2015 05:11:28 pm
      Just secured a Kop ticket for this, buzzing. I'd go with an unchanged line-up and I think Brendan will too.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #44: Aug 27, 2015 07:53:40 am
      Why take out somebody who is doing well? Makes no sense. It's not as though we're not creating enough chances and it's not as though he never attacks down the line.

This ^^
      Even if Hendo is fit, give him more time to  rest,, on the bench in case we need him
      Firmino needs more game time to settle with the rest of the team, and give Ings a chance near Benteke in the 2nd half, especially if things are going well in the game
      But ,lets not take west ham lightly, they had 2 bad results, After a GOOD win at the emirates on the Opener game
      YNWA
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #45: Aug 27, 2015 08:11:39 am
      We'll trash them, their main 'keeper, Adrian is suspended.

Actually i have some pounds on us winning with at least 2 goals difference.

Quick Reply