Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are....

Read 12305 times
      RedLFCBlood
      The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are....
      Sep 02, 2015 02:38:22 pm
      The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are and I expect others to treat me the same way.

Daniel Agger on Brendan Rodgers and the deterioration of their working relationship.

Agger Challenged Rodgers for feeling unappreciated - result - shipped out.

Reina - Vocal, not the kind to sit quietly and not speak his mind - result - shipped out.

Sterling - Challenged Rodgers - result - shipped out.

Balotelli - Challenged Rodgers - result - shipped out.

Enrqique - Challenged Rodgers - Result - Can't get a look in at left back when were playing Gomez there who has no left foot. - would have been shipped out if a deal was agreed.

Are we seeing a trend developing here ?

I'm concerned for the club and the direction we are heading in, when you start piecing all the little bits together, we really are in disarray.

Were rudderless, lacking in real leadership and direction, our transfer strategy is a joke, compounded by the fact that not one single signing from last summer can be seen as a massive success.

The management of the club from the top to the bottom is also a joke.

The only genuinely good thing happening at the club at the moment is the growth of the finances and the expansion of the stadium, beyond that the owners/directors/management are failing miserably.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are....
      Reply #1: Sep 02, 2015 02:49:38 pm
      The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are and I expect others to treat me the same way.

Daniel Agger on Brendan Rodgers and the deterioration of their working relationship.

Reina - Vocal, not the kind to sit quietly and not speak his mind - result - shipped out.

Enrqique - Challenged Rodgers - Result - Can't get a look in at left back when were playing Gomez there who has no left foot. - would have been shipped out if a deal was agreed.

I'm concerned for the club and the direction we are heading in, when you start piecing all the little bits together, we really are in disarray.

Were rudderless, lacking in real leadership and direction, our transfer strategy is a joke, compounded by the fact that not one single signing from last summer can be seen as a massive success.

The only genuinely good thing happening at the club at the moment is the growth of the finances and the expansion of the stadium, beyond that the owners/directors/management are failing miserably.

Sterling challenged the club so I don't think that can be laid at Rodger's door.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are....
      Reply #2: Sep 02, 2015 02:51:26 pm
      Sterling challenged the club so I don't think that can be laid at Rodger's door.

Also, Balotelli was sh*t here.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3: Sep 02, 2015 02:55:04 pm
      Agger - Admitted he couldn't cope with this level any more - Shipped out.

Reina - Not the keeper he was, though his passing ability should have kept him here.  Rumours of a huge fall out between the two though and rumours that was even before Rodgers got the job.

Sterling - Too rich for our blood, agitated for a move - shipped out

Balotelli - Several insipid performances, seemed to not understand what was required - shipped out

Enrique - Nowhere near the level required, spent more time recovering from his own error than playing well, knee issues.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #4: Sep 02, 2015 02:57:59 pm
      Daniel Agger was very poor so was shipped out (he's lit up Brondby and the Danish League hasn't he....)
      Jose Reina fu**ed the club around by constantly flirting with Barcelona, in addition to a dip in form so it was his own doing.
      Sterling, as kopite says, challenged the club as a whole, not Brendan.
      Enrique isn't good enough for the manager.
      Balotelli - do we really need telling - is just f**king sh*t.

Don't get me wrong, I've been massively critical of the manager with the West Ham defeat and it's not any 'pro-Brendan' bias coming out here, but for goodness sake, this forum loves to rewrite history to suit the current agenda eh.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Sep 02, 2015 02:58:00 pm

He still challenged the manager as to how he was being used, saying he wasn't playing to his strengths, basically hindering his chances of being a success.

Doesn't matter how great you are at doing things, some times you have to take on board other peoples opinions for better results.

Suarez challenged the club, we made him stay one more season, the moment Sterling spoke ill of Rodgers - he was a goner.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #6: Sep 02, 2015 03:00:09 pm
      Daniel Agger was very poor so was shipped out (he's lit up Brondby and the Danish League hasn't he....)

The statistics paint a very very different picture.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: Sep 02, 2015 03:01:43 pm

Read what he said - the narrative is a lot different to the reality.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #8: Sep 02, 2015 03:02:11 pm
      The statistics paint a very very different picture.
      Agreed.

Rodgers had most number of clean sheets with Daniel playing in the side for the first two seasons.

Too sh*t apparently.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #9: Sep 02, 2015 03:05:08 pm

A trend ?

YES

Brendan is the boss.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #10: Sep 02, 2015 03:05:40 pm

Reina - Not the keeper he was, though his passing ability should have kept him here.  Rumours of a huge fall out between the two though and rumours that was even before Rodgers got the job.

Sterling - Too rich for our blood, agitated for a move - shipped out

Balotelli - Several insipid performances, seemed to not understand what was required - shipped out

Enrique - Nowhere near the level required, spent more time recovering from his own error than playing well, knee issues.

this.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #11: Sep 02, 2015 03:06:17 pm
      There can only always be one alpha male at a club and that should be the manager.

I may not like the way people some were "shipped out" (especially those who were got rid off because of their wages, as much as anything else) but the fact still remains.

Oh... and... It's always been the case.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #12: Sep 02, 2015 03:11:13 pm
      There can only always be one alpha male at a club and that should be the manager.

I may not like the way people some were "shipped out" (especially those who were got rid off because of their wages, as much as anything else) but the fact still remains.

True.

Personally I don't see why Enrique has been frozen out but if the manager feels its necessary so be it.

He will live or die by the decisions he makes in regards to what players he 'favours' and at times I think he favours the wrong ones but it is his call.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #13: Sep 02, 2015 03:16:12 pm

exactly.

Shanks, King Kenny & paisley shipped plenty players out who did not comform, difference then was no internet for the world to get upset, no agents to sh1t stir, no sky sports to sh1t stir etc. etc.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #14: Sep 02, 2015 03:17:44 pm
      True.

Personally I don't see why Enrique has been frozen out but if the manager feels its necessary so be it.

He will live or die by the decisions he makes in regards to what players he 'favours' and at times I think he favours the wrong ones but it is his call.

Enrique was injured, then he became the social media king along with mad mario and fabio. And I suspect BR decided to get rid, but he has stayed put, Perhaps now they are gone he will be back with eeh 1st team, as he seems to be fit.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #15: Sep 02, 2015 03:27:16 pm
      [quote Daniel Agger]

"Liverpool has been such a big part of my life and my family’s lives for so long that leaving is extremely difficult.

"I’ll start by saying that Liverpool fans constantly keep surprising me. Since the news broke about the transfer, I have received so many positive messages and well-wishing for the future – not just from supporters in Liverpool but across the world.

"My family and I have always felt your backing, it is something unique to this football club, this city and our supporters – it’s been a privilege to have represented this club and I’m forever thankful for everything I have learnt during my time here.

"When I joined this great club, I came here as a 21 year old boy with a lot to learn. Liverpool has helped me grow up and shape me into the man I am today. I’m proud of who I’ve become and I wouldn’t be the person I am today without my time at Liverpool.

"I’ve been honoured to live in this close knit city and my experiences as a Liverpudlian are unforgettable. I’d finally like to wish the club all the best for this season. I’ll be supporting you every step of the way, as will millions of others. You’ll Never Walk Alone." [/quote]

[quote Daniel Agger]

“There was much [distance] between us, and for me it was just enough,” he told TV3 Sport. “I felt that he didn’t appreciate the things I could and contributed. When I feel that, then it’s time to move on.

“When you are a part of the starting eleven for several games in a row and the team have performed well, and you feel that you have played well, then you are left out of the team and don’t feel appreciated, it starts to get pray on your mind and you wonder.

“Then at the same time you see the statistics from your game – which are so important all around the world of football – and you don’t understand why you weren’t used more often.”

“I think he is an incredibly talented manager,” he said. “You can’t take that away from him. He’s good in the way he trains and he is clever in the way he sets the team up. He’s an extremely, extremely competent coach. The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are and I expect others to treat me the same way. Maybe it is wrong to always expect this.” [/quote]

Where does Agger say he can't cope with the physicality of the premier league ?

The part in bold totally contradicts that.

The narrative is being controlled by the club and were lapping it up by the spoon full.

It'll probably surface in the next week or so that Markovic was sent out on loan because he'd been pretending to be a Gas Man and defrauding old ladies of their pension money. :D
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16: Sep 02, 2015 03:32:49 pm
      Where does Agger say he can't cope with the physicality of the premier league ?

The part in bold totally contradicts that.

The narrative is being controlled by the club and were lapping it up by the spoon full.

Daz as others have said, there is only one leader at the club; he is the one who makes the decisions, he is the one that takes the blame.

I don't not care if it is Rodgers, Klopp, Shanks or Dalglish, players are not there to challenge the manager they are their to do what they are told and they get paid un-Godly amounts of money to do so.

Do you think Shankly would have put up with Balotelli's antics or Reina speaky out?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #17: Sep 02, 2015 03:35:12 pm
      Enrique was injured, then he became the social media king along with mad mario and fabio. And I suspect BR decided to get rid, but he has stayed put, Perhaps now they are gone he will be back with eeh 1st team, as he seems to be fit.

Was about to say that he might have done a job against W.Ham, then the 90 minute horror show came flooding back - F**k it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #18: Sep 02, 2015 03:38:02 pm
      He still challenged the manager as to how he was being used, saying he wasn't playing to his strengths, basically hindering his chances of being a success.

Doesn't matter how great you are at doing things, some times you have to take on board other peoples opinions for better results.

Suarez challenged the club, we made him stay one more season, the moment Sterling spoke ill of Rodgers - he was a goner.

Suarez had not long signed a long term contract whereas sterling was moving towards the last year or so.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #19: Sep 02, 2015 03:46:37 pm

We've been saying this for a few years now Daz.  The tinkering with the plan, DoF, transfer committee, Ayre, Gordan, Coaching staff etc but we're still no closer to achieving the long term goal of regular CL football.  We're still no closer to finding those superstars from an abundance of u21s so far purchased, in fact the majority of the young players who've managed to get into the 1st team regularly are players who were already here.  We're still in transition, still rebuilding as it's impossible to build when the foundations aren't seemingly there yet. 

13 players out of 24 bought over a 2 year period are no longer with us.  We've sold, loaned, released or allowed contracts to run down for 16 players this summer, how can you build anything with such a massive turnover of staff.  Either the plan's wrong or the people implementing it are wrong.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20: Sep 02, 2015 03:46:50 pm
      Daz as others have said, there is only one leader at the club; he is the one who makes the decisions, he is the one that takes the blame.

Its not just about Rodgers mate, its about the whole club, when you start putting all the little pieces of the puzzle together then the club is really in a sorry state on the footballing side of the operation, personal grievances being put before whats best for the club when other solutions may be available, culminating in an extensive waste of resources in terms of wages and the transfer kitty, the way we conduct our transfer business in terms of recruiting again another waste of resources, we brought 9 players into the club last summer, 5 remain, of the 5 who remain, Moreno and Lovren look like disasters, Lallana has flattered to deceive, Can can't be considered a massive success just yet and Origi has just returned from loan so the jury is still out.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #21: Sep 02, 2015 03:48:36 pm
      13 players out of 24 bought over a 2 year period are no longer with us.  We've sold, loaned, released or allowed contracts to run down for 16 players this summer, how can you build anything with such a massive turnover of staff.  Either the plan's wrong or the people implementing it are wrong.

Nailed it Debs.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #22: Sep 02, 2015 03:50:12 pm
      Was about to say that he might have done a job against W.Ham, then the 90 minute horror show came flooding back - f**k it.

;D

Quick Reply