Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Football Manager 2016

Read 70049 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Football Manager 2016
      Reply #69: Jan 21, 2016 05:36:58 pm
      Definitely the most challenging FM so far. The tactics have to be spot on so you have to adjust game by game, i found.

Won the Champions League in the my fourth season with this as the final:

Ended up going to the 10th penalty or something. In the end the red cards helped me because i had two or three of my best penalty takers taking two whilst they had their defenders taking them at the end :D

But i had a 9 point lead in the league and for the 3rd straight season the team goes to sh*t and i ended up 3rd and only just scraped a Champions League spot because Everton drew and Chelsea lost on the final day.

What the hell?! 4 red cards? Do you send your players out with axes or something?!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #70: Jan 21, 2016 11:17:02 pm
      Seems like you are all much more honest players than I am on this, get a result I don't agree with and I just turn it off :D

Just signed Danny Ings though for Newcastle, just started my 3rd season and he's got 8 goals in 3 games so far and I haven't even cheated yet :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #71: Jan 21, 2016 11:32:33 pm
      Seems like you are all much more honest players than I am on this, get a result I don't agree with and I just turn it off :D

Just signed Danny Ings though for Newcastle, just started my 3rd season and he's got 8 goals in 3 games so far and I haven't even cheated yet :D

:lmao:

The only time I ever really contemplate turning the game off is if I press space too many times when it's loading and it starts the game without me knowing, I go off it to check something online and I go back on to find my team 3-0 down at HT with multiple injuries etc :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #72: Jan 22, 2016 01:44:07 am
      What the hell?! 4 red cards? Do you send your players out with axes or something?!

:D

I actually had the team set up to not close down the opposition and to stay on their feet.

But when a player gets a yellow, any foul after is a second booking on this game.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #73: Jan 22, 2016 08:13:49 am
      Stacking up on strikers there mate? :D

I've not made a bad start to my first season in the Prem with Huddersfield. After 10 games I've won 4, drew 2, lost 4 and I currently lie in 11th.

Aye needed some firepower, the strikers they had were shocking. Defence is solid enough but hoping to get some loans in to sure it up. Gabriel Barbosa has been class so far.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #74: Jan 24, 2016 02:40:11 pm
      Started a new save with Swindon in League One.

Top of the table at Christmas. Harry Redknapp-ing the transfer market. Had Yasser Kasim worth £2m and brilliant but he wouldn't extend and only had one year so sold him for £1m. Brought in 9 players and only paid for one - Jack Barmby from Leicester for £170k inc bonuses.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #75: Jan 24, 2016 03:06:45 pm
      Aye needed some firepower, the strikers they had were shocking. Defence is solid enough but hoping to get some loans in to sure it up. Gabriel Barbosa has been class so far.

I had a look at their squad on it earlier and striker seemed to be the position of need without a doubt. The rest of the squad is really good IMO. Obviously there are players like Felipe Anderson and Candreva who you can make a bit of money from. I’ve only ever had Barbosa once, it was on FM13 and he was quality.

Started a new save with Swindon in League One.
      Top of the table at Christmas. Harry Redknapp-ing the transfer market. Had Yasser Kasim worth £2m and brilliant but he wouldn't extend and only had one year so sold him for £1m. Brought in 9 players and only paid for one - Jack Barmby from Leicester for £170k inc bonuses.

Do you get bored on some saves or something? :D Has Vigoroux paid for any fines in 1’s and 2’s yet? :lmao:

I've just got through the January window in my 2nd season.

I brought in Elmohamady, De Paul and Weigl all on loan as I’ve picked up a few injuries and certain players aren’t performing. I also activated a clause in Jairo’s contract where I could buy him for 3m, well worth it! I got rid of my back up right back and Grabban for a combined 1m. I only signed Grabban in the summer for 450k but he can’t get into the team and he’s complaining.

Stand out players for me so far have been Zivkovic (2nd in the scoring chart with 15 in 23), Jairo (top of the assist chart 12 in 23), Cook and Ojo.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #76: Jan 24, 2016 03:11:46 pm
      :D I only had my Liverpool save going, really. Wanted to do a lower league one for a while and Swindon looks line a nice challenge.

No fines yet :lmao:

Zivkovic is a monster. Enjoy him while you can because he's complaining as soon as someone big comes for him the little sh*t.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #77: Jan 24, 2016 03:21:33 pm
      :D I only had my Liverpool save going, really. Wanted to do a lower league one for a while and Swindon looks line a nice challenge.

No fines yet :lmao:

Zivkovic is a monster. Enjoy him while you can because he's complaining as soon as someone big comes for him the little sh*t.

Must have you confused with somebody else then :D

Lucky you, I've had to fine Joe Murphy twice for failing to turn up to training. It helped contribute to Jairo's new contract though ;D

He's usually the first player I try to buy because his potential is ridiculous. On last year's game I bought him at Newcastle for £6.5m, I rejected a £70m bid from Man United for him after he had a 52 goal season, 37 in the league.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #78: Jan 24, 2016 03:39:37 pm
      I have only played in top leagues so far but think I'll start one in the Championship. Still don't have the patience to go lower than this ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #79: Jan 24, 2016 03:48:39 pm
      I was going to pick Brentford but then noticed their two most valuable players are out for 4-6 months (Jota) and 14-16 months (Bjelland).
      Picked Middlesbrough instead. Getting them up is pretty doable after taking a look at their squad.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #80: Jan 24, 2016 04:38:11 pm
      One thing I like about the Championship level is you barely have to pay anything to loan players from Prem teams. It becomes a bi*ch once you get promoted though :D

Wolves seem to have a good squad on this the last time I saw. I imagine Borough do too though. I actually bought Daniel Ayala from them.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #81: Jan 24, 2016 05:30:40 pm
      And my first signing for Boro is... Sandro, on loan from Barcelona :D
      The second one could be Marko Grujic on a permanent transfer from Red Star - if he's given a work permit, that is.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #82: Jan 24, 2016 06:37:08 pm
      Ah F**k that. I signed Kristoffer Ajer from Start but Marko Grujic was denied a work permit. Bullshit.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #83: Jan 25, 2016 01:32:45 am
      My transfers at Boro. A bunch of unknowns which needed a lot of scouting to be found. I went through pretty much all clubs in Norway, Sweden, Serbia, Holland, Czech Republic and other countries trying to find cheap players. I would have signed a couple more if they were not denied work permits.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #84: Jan 25, 2016 07:38:24 am
      Still top in February but a form dip of sorts.

My match squad has one player that has survived since I took over and that's the captain, as well as Jordan Williams who I had on loan.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #85: Jan 25, 2016 01:31:55 pm
      My transfers at Boro. A bunch of unknowns which needed a lot of scouting to be found. I went through pretty much all clubs in Norway, Sweden, Serbia, Holland, Czech Republic and other countries trying to find cheap players. I would have signed a couple more if they were not denied work permits.

I just noticed I signed two Kristoffers, one Christoffer and one Lars-Christopher :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #86: Jan 25, 2016 03:38:34 pm
      Just finished a full season in a day and 9 hours. This game is the devil.

BUT I WON LEAGUE ONE WITH SWINDON! :D

Nearly £5m to spend for next season. Overhaul incoming! My second one in the space of 10 months. Lets go!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #87: Jan 25, 2016 03:49:08 pm
      I just noticed I signed two Kristoffers, one Christoffer and one Lars-Christopher :D

I was thinking the exact same thing. "We all dream of a team of Christoffer/Kristoffer's" :D

I've not played many games on it in the past couple of days, only just got to the end of February.

I'm currently 10th after 27 games but a few teams around me have a game in hand.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #88: Jan 25, 2016 06:28:52 pm
      Has anybody else had crashdumping issues with it yet? It's done it about 3 times in the past couple of days.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #89: Jan 25, 2016 07:43:11 pm
      Has anybody else had crashdumping issues with it yet? It's done it about 3 times in the past couple of days.

Yeah randomly on the Mac. Make sure i save it every fortnight.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #90: Jan 25, 2016 08:39:10 pm
      Yeah randomly on the Mac. Make sure i save it every fortnight.

I did have it saving every month but after these crash dumps I've put it to a fortnight too.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #91: Jan 26, 2016 11:48:45 pm
      8 games in after promotion and sitting top with 7 wins. Beaten Aston Villa and Norwich who just came down from the Premier League as well as Wolves, Fulham and Brighton. Lost to Cardiff though but they're all teams who should be challenging for promotion.

Transfers in:

Only transfers out that you'd probably know are Anthony Gerrard who i got for free but let go for £100k to Sheffield United and Gavin Gunning who i also got for free and went to Gillingham for £250k.

Tactics:

Quick Reply