Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Sick Of The Liverpool FC Players Bashing

Read 5105 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Sick Of The Liverpool FC Players Bashing
      Oct 07, 2015 01:07:25 pm
      Quote from: There's only one problem for Jürgen Klopp and Liverpool - but it's a big one

There is just one problem Jürgen Klopp faces at Anfield: he is going to have to do all that with the same bunch of players who made Brendan Rodgers look a joke.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2015-2016/just-one-problem-for-Jürgen-klopp-and-liverpool-but-it-s-a-big-one_sto4940665/story.shtml?

Sick of this players bashing
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Sick Of The Liverpool FC Players Bashing
      Reply #1: Oct 07, 2015 01:20:45 pm
      Why?

A manager was sacked. Few months earlier his backroom team were sacked. The owners are getting it in the neck for 2 or 3 yeas now. The transfer committee has been bashed. Even the crowd for the dire atmosphere are getting it.

Please tell me why the actual people who partake in the game and who regularly underperform or make glaring errors in the game why should they be exempt from stick?

They more then anyone are the ones that deserve it. Christ they couldnt even beat Carlisle in 2 hours of play 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2: Oct 07, 2015 01:34:44 pm
      Why?

A manager was sacked. Few months earlier his backroom team were sacked. The owners are getting it in the neck for 2 or 3 yeas now. The transfer committee has been bashed. Even the crowd for the dire atmosphere are getting it.

Please tell me why the actual people who partake in the game and who regularly underperform or make glaring errors in the game why should they be exempt from stick?

They more then anyone are the ones that deserve it. Christ they couldnt even beat Carlisle in 2 hours of play 

The players don't have to come out and talk about a poor performance, etc. They just get hidden away and even taken out of the limelight if needs be until they're ready to perform again. If you should be sick of anything then it's the manager bashing - and we're all guilty of it. Souness and Houllier nearly lost their lives because of the pressure they were under. No where to hide for them, in front of the cameras day in, day out, explaining everything, having to be the voice of the club with no chance of being hidden away. You could visibly see the effects it had on Kenny, Rafa, Rodgers and even Hodgson.

Make no mistake the players get it easy for what they earn in terms of critique.

Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #3: Oct 07, 2015 01:35:51 pm

1. As Brian said literally EVERYONE else has taken a lump. Why shouldn't the players?
      2. The Players didn't make Brendan look like a joke, our dodgy defence. His tragic record in the transfer market (or to be fair what happened to the players after we signed them). Some of the things he said in press conferences ("Fifth is par" after we spent £100M less than a year after he said that Tottenham should have challenged for the title after spending £100M, our extraordinary "character" as we were pissing results away) etc. Brendan has nobody to blame bar himself.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #4: Oct 07, 2015 01:42:04 pm

Who's arsed.

Poorly and pathetic attempt at journalism, the wankers should stick to geeky computer games or wanking, rather than copy n pasting sh*te from Sky and then passing it off as their own!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #5: Oct 07, 2015 01:49:05 pm
      Sick of the ex-manager getting mugged every F***ing hands turn, just another kick LFC opportunity for the fuckers.
      They don't need any help especially from an LFC forum.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #6: Oct 07, 2015 02:33:41 pm
      everyones entitled to an opinion, no matter how stupid they are!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: Oct 07, 2015 02:48:13 pm
      Who cares, I'm sure the players will sit and cry to them selves in their Ferrari's, Range Rovers, Bentleys etc over some one writing bollocks on forums, in the media etc
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #8: Oct 07, 2015 03:12:47 pm
      The players don't have to come out and talk about a poor performance, etc. They just get hidden away and even taken out of the limelight if needs be until they're ready to perform again. If you should be sick of anything then it's the manager bashing - and we're all guilty of it. Souness and Houllier nearly lost their lives because of the pressure they were under. No where to hide for them, in front of the cameras day in, day out, explaining everything, having to be the voice of the club with no chance of being hidden away. You could visibly see the effects it had on Kenny, Rafa, Rodgers and even Hodgson.

Make no mistake the players get it easy for what they earn in terms of critique.

don't think they get it easy on here
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #9: Oct 07, 2015 03:13:19 pm
      don't read that guttertrash then
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #10: Oct 07, 2015 03:48:41 pm
      I don't know how most see it, but we have a very good squad.

What we need is an organised defence. We have kept a very high defence line and our DMs are too eager to attack more than defend.

We need a good defence coach.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11: Oct 07, 2015 04:00:54 pm
      I think there is a lot more to come from this squad far more than we have seen so far. If it was poor i doubt if Klopp would come here its a brutal game.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #12: Oct 07, 2015 04:01:23 pm
      I don't know how most see it, but we have a very good squad.

What we need is an organised defence. We have kept a very high defence line and our DMs are too eager to attack more than defend.

We need a good defence coach.

You do know Klopp was a defender ?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #13: Oct 07, 2015 04:27:47 pm
      The players do have a responsibility for what has happened & BR getting the sack, they are all quality players, no matter what anybody says.

They are English footballs most successful club after all, and should be doing better.

But the way they get slagged off on twitter, in blogs, by the press etc. is OTT.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #14: Oct 07, 2015 04:29:30 pm
      But the way they get slagged off on twitter, in blogs, by the press etc. is OTT.

Only way to really shut all the wankers up, do your talking on the football field.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #15: Oct 07, 2015 04:39:18 pm
      Only way to really shut all the wankers up, do your talking on the football field.

Was just about to post something similar.

Even if we put our poor form down to the manager the fact is the players still haven't performed so they will always come on for criticism.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #16: Oct 07, 2015 05:08:07 pm
      I've been a bit loathe to be over critical of individual players, simply because some of them are obviously better than they are showing. Confidence is a big thing in football, and Brendan being a dead man walking sapped it out of our players. Then you had people playing out of position in an attempt to prop up a philosophy for which we don't have the personnel, and it was a downward spiral from there.

I don't suppose the new manager will do it, but what we actually have IMHO is a squad of players who would be best suited (at least in the short term) to an old fashioned 4-4-2 formation.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #17: Oct 07, 2015 05:14:33 pm
      The only thing I have an issue with is that critisism and praise are not dished out equally. If some deserves critisism they get it but if someone deserves praise it's less common to see it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Oct 07, 2015 05:17:47 pm

I don't suppose the new manager will do it, but what we actually have IMHO is a squad of players who would be best suited (at least in the short term) to an old fashioned 4-4-2 formation.

How are we going to do that ?

Henderson on the right and Milner on the left ?

Wouldn't say were at all geared up for 4-4-2 to be honest Mick, I wouldn't trust on Ibe to deliver week in and week out and other than Clyne and Moreno, were short of options there and that would leave us short of options at full back, we'd have to throw in an unfit Enrique and Gomez ...

I'd say were more set up for a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 maybe a 4-4-2 diamond, which is the way I'd envisage Klopp (Insert new managers name here) will see it until January at the very earliest.

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #19: Oct 07, 2015 05:23:24 pm
      Am I sick of most of our players getting individual criticism for underperforming and collectively letting the club down? No. I believe that we all have the right to express our frustration with them.
      Do I believe that their is far too much personal abuse and aggression towards them and Rodgers?
      100%

Saying that though, if a player or member of staff acts in a way that is idiotic and brings disrepute upon the club then it is reasonable for the fans response to be more emotive and personal.

The issue to me is that we, much like all clubs seem to have too many supporters that lose all sense of rationale and intelligence and prefer to go to a position of dickishness.
      Sad reflection of today's society than just football fans. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #20: Oct 07, 2015 05:31:40 pm
      Who cares, I'm sure the players will sit and cry to them selves in their Ferrari's, Range Rovers, Bentleys etc over some one writing bollocks on forums, in the media etc

Exactly. The fans are the ones that have to pay out god knows how much to go and watch the team play, lose money from time off work in some cases etc so if the players, who earn 10's of thousands of pounds a day, plus however much through sponsorship's and bonuses etc literally for doing the thing they love for a few hours a week, if they don't at least perform as they should then they have to accept the abuse they get. Managers, owners etc get the stick so why should it be different for players. Hell, they still get paid for not playing...we don't get paid if we can't make it to work because we have got injured.

Even the media, if they want to slate players then let them, they are only saying what the majority are thinking (most the time)

It's part and parcel of the game and in all honesty, players may well say how much they love the fans and all that but in actual fact they couldn't actually give a damn as they go back to their mansions and flash cars. If the players are playing well and being successful there is no need to slate them but if they aren't performing then they have to take the stick.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #21: Oct 07, 2015 05:32:20 pm
      How are we going to do that ?

Henderson on the right and Milner on the left ?

Wouldn't say were at all geared up for 4-4-2 to be honest Mick, I wouldn't trust on Ibe to deliver week in and week out and other than Clyne and Moreno, were short of options there and that would leave us short of options at full back, we'd have to throw in an unfit Enrique and Gomez ...

I'd say were more set up for a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 maybe a 4-4-2 diamond, which is the way I'd envisage Klopp (Insert new managers name here) will see it until January at the very earliest.

Fair enough mate and it's all opinions. I was kind of using the three at the back as the starting point, I don't think that suits us at all. Can isn't a defender IMHO and Clyne isn't a wing back. It's about time IMHO someone sat Alberto Moreno down and told him he'd better start defending properly, as a left back in a four. He CAN do it, it's just maturity and concentration.

From there, in our best team IMHO our middle two are Henderson and Can. Coutinho plays left with the license to roam, while on the right is Milner. I know he came to the club apparently because we promised him a central midfield slot, but Jürgen didn't make him any promises, and he's quality right midfielder. Up top, if fit our best two IMHO are by a mile Benteke and Sturridge.

This us how we'd look, and IMHO we have back up in all positions to make us a credible top four outfit in the short term:

Mignolet

Clyne        Skrtel.     Sakho.     Moreno. 

Milner.      Henderson.  Can.        Coutinho.

Benteke.   Sturridge. 

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #22: Oct 07, 2015 05:53:22 pm
      I think Hodgson has hacked Mick's account.

Sort it Mods. :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply