Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526693 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #10097: Oct 08, 2016 09:51:41 am
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #10098: Oct 08, 2016 09:53:00 am
      May I?

https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/status/652114041981243393

Here we f**king go!!

Welcome to the greatest club and city in the world Jürgen.

It's going to be emotional.

A YEAR TODAY !

Heres to Year One ....... lets have many more .

The Red Army  are coming back . The sleeping giant wakes .
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #10099: Oct 08, 2016 10:11:12 am
      Nah mate im not judging anything on my own opinion as that is all it is same as yours , I base mine on how we are playing and how the mood of the fans has changed , granted its still only potential , but the way it feels in the ground and the way the gaffer conducts himself is a million miles from the days of the self pitying Brendan but thats all been done , I'll just enjoy the ride the ups and the downs ,

I never liked Bendan's personality and took a lot of stick for saying so when people were still comparing his statements to Shankly, but that doesn't change the facts. Optimism can rise and fall like a stone depending on results.

Jürgen second season played 7 won 5 drawn 1 lost 1
      Brendan second season played 7 won 5 drawn 1 lost 1

We had a great second season under Brendan, hopefully we will have an even better one under Jürgen. Just don't see the need to pretend that Brendan was so bad or that Jürgen has done so much better in the league.

We have a world class manager now, I don't think anyone would swop him certainly not for Brendan, but I don't think he needs building up by pretending that he has done so much better than Brendan did in the league.

If you want to destroy Brendan you simply have to mention the cups. He was bloody awful and at times embarrassing in the cups.

There was a reason why we sacked Brendan, he wasn't good enough, but his stats in his first year in the league are close to Jurgens... fact. So why we need all this wailing and gnashing of teeth I don't know.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10100: Oct 08, 2016 10:34:20 am
      I never liked Bendan's personality and took a lot of stick for saying so when people were still comparing his statements to Shankly, but that doesn't change the facts. Optimism can rise and fall like a stone depending on results.

Jürgen second season played 7 won 5 drawn 1 lost 1
      Brendan second season played 7 won 5 drawn 1 lost 1

We had a great second season under Brendan, hopefully we will have an even better one under Jürgen. Just don't see the need to pretend that Brendan was so bad or that Jürgen has done so much better in the league.

We have a world class manager now, I don't think anyone would swop him certainly not for Brendan, but I don't think he needs building up by pretending that he has done so much better than Brendan did in the league.

If you want to destroy Brendan you simply have to mention the cups. He was bloody awful and at times embarrassing in the cups.

There was a reason why we sacked Brendan, he wasn't good enough, but his stats in his first year in the league are close to Jurgens... fact. So why we need all this wailing and gnashing of teeth I don't know.

If you don't want the wailing and gnashing why bring up the comparison.  Surely you knew what reaction you'd get?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #10101: Oct 08, 2016 10:41:42 am
      If you don't want the wailing and gnashing why bring up the comparison.  Surely you knew what reaction you'd get?

I posted the stats because I thought they were interesting. If I had known there would be so much crying about them I would have posted a warning... not suitable for those of a nervous or sensitive nature.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,197 posts | 1205 
      Reply #10102: Oct 08, 2016 10:53:10 am
      Don't see any issue at all with posting stats, comparisons etc. It's how they're interpreted that's interesting.

Suarez would be the main difference. Gerrard, too. Who we've played up til now would be another important factor.

How the current team has been moulded with the addition of shrewd signings and a tactical approach that gets the best out of the group is manifestly the cause of our good form season.

That's not to say it will automatically continue, but we all know that don't we?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #10103: Oct 08, 2016 11:02:57 am
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10104: Oct 08, 2016 11:09:03 am
      I posted the stats because I thought they were interesting. If I had known there would be so much crying about them I would have posted a warning... not suitable for those of a nervous or sensitive nature.

To be honest I didn't find them interesting at all, the context of how both managers arrived and the opportunity both managers had to mould their team/tactics etc were at completely different ends of the spectrum, if anything it paints Rodgers in a more negative light imo.

Second season stats and so on will be a fairer comparison even if Rodgers heavily outspent Klopp to this point, Klopp shuffled his pack, added to the squad and had a pre-season to prepare, just like Rodgers.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #10105: Oct 08, 2016 11:18:34 am
      To be honest I didn't find them interesting at all, the context of how both managers arrived and the opportunity both managers had to mould their team/tactics etc were at completely different ends of the spectrum, if anything it paints Rodgers in a more negative light imo.

Second season stats and so on will be a fairer comparison even if Rodgers heavily outspent Klopp to this point, Klopp shuffled his pack, added to the squad and had a pre-season to prepare, just like Rodgers.

Jürgen first year - spent £67million
      Brendan first year - spent £50million
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10106: Oct 08, 2016 11:22:44 am

Net spends ?

Inflated markets due to TV deal too.

Context makes them uncomparable.

I'll just enjoy having Klopp.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #10107: Oct 08, 2016 11:28:50 am

It was you that compared them mate. :)

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10108: Oct 08, 2016 11:39:46 am
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Joe Cole, Aquilani, Downing, Johnson, Shelvey, Spearing, Suso, Coates, Charlie Adam, Carroll the hits just kept on coming :D

Brendan also had to replace a living legend who almost everyone hadn't wanted to go, while Jürgen only had to replace a failure that almost everyone including myself was happy to see go.

Some people like to live in a fantasy world and pretend, then there's the rest of us that can see both sides.

I certainly wouldn't want to go back to Brendan, I am more than happy with Jürgen, but so far their league stats are very similar. Jürgen finished 8th in the league last season in probably the weakest league in years.

Just because you don't like the facts doesn't make them any less true.  :f_wah:   

Why don't we wait until the end of Jürgen's first full season before making the comparisons. You do seem to be desperate to paint Brendan in some kind of heroic light, I find it a bit weird to be honest when almost everyone will agree that we have clearly upgraded the manager, the fans are happy and we are playing some bloody fantastic football now against the best teams in England and Germany. Are there still improvements to be made, yes certainly, but you have to give Jürgen the same amount of time as you were willing to give Brendan "never won a thing ever" Rodgers.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10109: Oct 08, 2016 11:43:40 am

My point there mate wasn't regarding first season.

So even gross spend following 2 seasons at the club Rodgers had spent around £95m, probably closer to £100m with loan agreements against Klopps £67million or so, you could call the difference one Sadio Mane.

Basically though I think you misconstrued my point, which is, second season and so on will be fairer comparisons, there are no extenuating circumstances or excuses for Klopp now.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10110: Oct 08, 2016 12:09:21 pm
      I don't think the comparisons will ever have parity anyway. 

Jurgens first was without his own players, without a pre season and a ridiculous amount of injuries, something Brendan never faced.

Brendan's second had the Suarez factor, something Jurgens unlikely to have.

Brendan's third was without the Suarez factor and fazing out a Club legend, again things that Jürgen won't face.

There are always mitigating factors to why managers could have done better, even those we consider successful.

Without Heysel and the European ban, Kenny could have had success in Europe.  Without Hillsborough he'd probably have remained as manager and won even more titles/trophies. 

Without H&G Rafa could have won far more and we'd never have to include Roy F***ing Hodgson in our history.

The only true comparison can be made after they've left when we can see what's been added to the trophy cabinet.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #10111: Oct 08, 2016 12:09:32 pm
      My point there mate wasn't regarding first season.

So even gross spend following 2 seasons at the club Rodgers had spent around £95m, probably closer to £100m with loan agreements against Klopps £67million or so, you could call the difference one Sadio Mane.

Basically though I think you misconstrued my point, which is, second season and so on will be fairer comparisons, there are no extenuating circumstances or excuses for Klopp now.

BTW you have got your quote wrong ... I never said that :)

Sadly no mate, because following two full seasons at the club will mean Jürgen will have had another summer transfer window mate. So either we take things as they are or we will have to wait a while until Jürgen eventually catches up...which will be a while.

Jürgen has had two transfer windows and has spent £67 million
      Brendan in his first two transfer windows spent £50million.

That's comparing like for like. 

Do we only use net spend for managers we like? :) I don't remember much net spend being mentioned when Brendan was manager.

There are always excuses and extenuating circumstances mate, you know that as well as anyone.

Anyway I am happy with Jürgen, happy that Brendan left but personally I am not ungrateful to him for the nearly season and the players he (and the TC) left us with and will leave it there.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #10112: Oct 08, 2016 12:23:01 pm
      Why don't we wait until the end of Jürgen's first full season before making the comparisons. You do seem to be desperate to paint Brendan in some kind of heroic light, I find it a bit weird to be honest when almost everyone will agree that we have clearly upgraded the manager, the fans are happy and we are playing some bloody fantastic football now against the best teams in England and Germany. Are there still improvements to be made, yes certainly, but you have to give Jürgen the same amount of time as you were willing to give Brendan "never won a thing ever" Rodgers.

It is the end of Jürgen's first year mate, as good a time as any to assess how things are going?

No lover of Brendan mate... and never have been. Jürgen is a world class manager and you expect more from a world class manager imo.

If we had N'gog and replaced him with Suarez you would expect a significant difference in their stats would you not? If they were near enough the same after 12 months I would find that interesting and not spend the next 12 months in denial until Suarez stats improved enough to be finally accepted.

Are we to delete match threads when we lose and not count the goals against in matches as that might be upsetting or somehow show Jürgen in a bad light?

The stats are what the stats are, good or bad accept them or ignore them it doesn't change them. 

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #10113: Oct 08, 2016 12:44:47 pm

I don't see any problem with you posting those stats Saint and like you I found them interesting.

Doesn't mean we want Brendan back or Jürgen hasn't done a great job.

Just interesting reading.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #10114: Oct 08, 2016 12:49:28 pm
      Why do we need comparisons anyway, the only stats that matter in the end are trophies won.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #10115: Oct 08, 2016 01:00:12 pm
      Why do we need comparisons anyway, the only stats that matter in the end are trophies won.

Kinnell mate, 1 in 10 years doesn't give us much scope for discussion. :)

Should we just ignore league tables too, as they are just a comparison listing how the different clubs are doing?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #10116: Oct 08, 2016 01:06:40 pm
      Kinnell mate, 1 in 10 years doesn't give us much scope for discussion. :)

Should we just ignore league tables too, as they are just a comparison listing how the different clubs are doing?
      By all means have these discussions, it is a forum after all. You're right about the 1 in 10 years, but I just mean at the end of the day managers well be judged on the trophies won, and even then it will be about the importance if those trophies.

Bottom line, If you don't win a trophy, you've failed!

Bet you that even if Brendan had won a trophy, the haters would still be hating.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #10117: Oct 08, 2016 01:54:17 pm
      I know why Debs and excuse my language lady ...because he is a c....
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10118: Oct 08, 2016 03:04:26 pm
      I know why Debs and excuse my language lady ...because he is a c....

Well that's one reason I guess, not that I'd agree but some on here have brought out similar feelings mate.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #10119: Oct 08, 2016 03:04:56 pm
      I was Rodgers biggest and earliest critic.
      If anyone wants to challenge that then please do.

Its not something I wanted to be .... having supported LFC and every previous manager (except Woy) for decades.

I've been reading the last few pages and the posts.

Its all  History * now .

October 8th 2015  that was when "Everything Changes ".

F**k   I really miss Torchwood .

*  "Whats History ?   
           One f**king thing after another !"

The History Boys .

Quick Reply