Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528282 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #8349: Jun 06, 2016 05:40:16 pm
      any player who doesn't return to melwood with the intention of preparing to win the league should not bother coming back.
      We need winners in our squad I hope Jürgen will make them into winners I get the feeling he doesn't take too kindly to anything less than total commitment
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #8350: Jun 06, 2016 07:25:47 pm
      I fully disagree. Enrique isn't even at LFC anymore, and Migs has probably become a number 2.

As for the injuries from the Euros - I don't think you should hold on to that thought. You are just assuming that someone might get injured from Euros( Sturridge apart) which hasn't even started yet.

Learn to play with the team? Remind me how many years does it require for a player to learn to play with the team. As for Firmino, even in his disappointing matches , he has had assists and goals to his name, and considering, that it was his first season in England, I'd take that.

Even in your realist approach,  you are being pessimistic here.
      Sorry dont agree he was inconsistent end of. His assists and most of his goals were standard goals got a bit lucky,  in most games he was missing. He is not even in Brazil squad for Copa and the Jury is still out .
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #8351: Jun 06, 2016 07:35:40 pm
      Optimism is o.k, and there is a place for it... But I am a realist, and we have lost so many key players over the past couple of years, Suarez,Sterling and Gerrard, and have replace them with disappointing and inconstant players the likes of Firmino,Lallana and Benteke, while other have failed to rise to the standards expected Ibe,and Mignolet and one or two are shadows of their former selves Enrique and Skrtel...

Players are coming back from injuries, and players taking part in the Euros.... As seen already Daniel Sturridge picking up another injury on England duty... No national manger  at a National Tournament will truly be looking to protect players if it may cost them the Tournament...

Yes In theory Klopp has strengthen in Key positions, But how will that truly work out?...

Firmino has had his moments of magic, but has been for the must part inconsistent and disappointing... But even if the replacements should prove descent buy they still have to learn to play with the team around them, learn their movements and the team learn theirs... By the 2017/18 seasons end we will truly know where the team and Jürgen Klopp stands, and anything before that is gravy       

are we talking bisto or onion gravy ?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8352: Jun 06, 2016 07:58:15 pm

aaahhhhhh  ....

Now look what youv'e done.

I've got the munchies.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #8353: Jun 06, 2016 08:17:47 pm
      Sorry dont agree he was inconsistent end of. His assists and most of his goals were standard goals got a bit lucky,  in most games he was missing. He is not even in Brazil squad for Copa and the Jury is still out .
      Inconsistent in his first season in a foriegn league while still bagging quite a few assists and goals too.

Brazil's squad? Its the same country that left Coutinho out for WC. Not too bothered about him being selected in Brazil's squad or not.

Kopite78
      Reply #8354: Jun 06, 2016 08:28:36 pm
      In terms of the basis of the starting 11 from say January onwards I genuinely think this summer will be key tweaks rather than wholesale changes

I read recently that we were 2nd or 3rd in the league post the Utd league defeat at Anfield points wise, once Jürgen had his feet under the table and had judged them he achieved that, with the added omission that he was concentrating on the Europa League during the last 6 or so league games we were 2nd or 3rd (along with Leicester and Spurs).
      I think he doesnt think the squad is a bad as some others do, that the basis of it can take us forward.
      I believe he will just add a couple of key ones and there won't be a massive influx where some deem it necessary.

With the lack of European football I don't think he will swell the squad, just add what he thinks are the sprinkles, that a basis that he rates that know the league will be good enough for the most part

He's addressed the keeper

Full backs
      He rates Clyne and believes  he can get a tune from Flanno to fill in hence the new deal
      He's looking for a left back and Moreno will still be here

Cbs
      Lovren he rates, Sakho looks like he won't serve a ban now and he rates, Matip is in and he rates Gomez by all reports... I'm not sure because of the lack of Europe there will be anything else there

CMs
      Rates Can highly, think Hendo will definitely still be here.. I see him signing one in there, then there is Grujic who if he signs more than one more where does he get his minutes to develop?
      There is potential to keep Lucas as cover for CM/CB if disaster happens but that I think will ultimately come down to Lucas

He also is a massive fan of Lallana

Forwards
      He rates Sturridge, he rates Firmino, he rates Origi.. He will give Ings next season as time to judge.

Wide is an issue, I don't think he overly rates our wing types, As I said he rates Lallana highly, as too Coutinho, I think he will give Markovic a shot, certainly the tour and pre season.. And he may well try to bring one in

So the bulk he clearly rates, I think he looked and will continue to monitor Gotze as he knows him and knows his quality and would make that work.. He's addressed the keeper, he's looking at CM and LB.. I'm not really sure now with only a domestic campaign to deal with that he will look at much more

Karius
      Mignolet

Clyne
      Flanno

Moreno
      New

Gomez
      Matip
      Sakho
      Lovren

Can
      Hendo
      Grujic
      New
      (possibly keep Lucas)

Lallana
      Coutinho
      Markovic(?)
      New(?)

Sturridge
      Ings
      Origi
      Firmino

I genuinely think that will make up the squad with no Europe, I don't expect a new forward.. I think if he can pull through Gotze he still would but who knows where that really stands.

So new? A LB, CM and a wide option who adds goals, I genuinely don't expect much more, I think he wants to work with a settled squad and wants to develop what he has with a few new faces, had we got into Europe it would be more but we haven't so I don't think it will.

Chilwell
      Dahoud
      Gotze(think Mane is the fallback to Gotze)

If he can I think he'd be made up, if he can't then other names in those roles

I think he rates them, I think he will expect to build on that post UTD record and expect them to challenge
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #8355: Jun 06, 2016 09:21:19 pm
      aaahhhhhh  ....

Now look what youv'e done.

I've got the munchies.

if your getting turned on by Bisto you have been away too long mate.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #8356: Jun 06, 2016 10:01:54 pm
      So new? A LB, CM and a wide option who adds goals, I genuinely don't expect much more, I think he wants to work with a settled squad and wants to develop what he has with a few new faces, had we got into Europe it would be more but we haven't so I don't think it will.

Chilwell
      Dahoud
      Gotze(think Mane is the fallback to Gotze)

Think you pretty much nailed it there is all goes to plan.
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #8357: Jun 07, 2016 08:14:31 am
      Inconsistent in his first season in a foriegn league while still bagging quite a few assists and goals too.

Brazil's squad? Its the same country that left Coutinho out for WC. Not too bothered about him being selected in Brazil's squad or not.
      Yes fair point and thats the thing with him both sides of the argument stack up I suppose you cant argue with Goals and assists but I just dont think the performances backed that up if that makes sense . Lets see what happens this season so so happy to be proved wrong
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #8358: Jun 07, 2016 09:18:54 am
      Rumours that klopp was watching Higuain with the player's brother.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #8359: Jun 07, 2016 10:33:08 am
      Rumours that klopp was watching Higuain with the player's brother.

It's Klopp's son.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #8360: Jun 07, 2016 10:41:55 am
      Anyone you choose mate, anyone you choose  ;D
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #8361: Jun 07, 2016 01:23:48 pm

Right close to where we will be training in California...he probably went there to check the training facilities and decided to catch the match with his son.

All this = OMG we are in for Higuain!!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8362: Jun 07, 2016 01:51:22 pm
      Right close to where we will be training in California...he probably went there to check the training facilities and decided to catch the match with his son.

All this = OMG we are in for Higuain!!!

Awe come on AZ, it's muppet season let them have some fun.

He's never going to sign for us so it doesn't hurt them to add a little fantasy footy to wile away the summer.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #8363: Jun 07, 2016 02:04:10 pm
      Awe come on AZ, it's muppet season let them have some fun.

He's never going to sign for us so it doesn't hurt them to add a little fantasy footy to wile away the summer.

Everybody want's that WOW signing...hey even I do; some very respected journo's around Anfield basically said that Klopp does not give a rats ass about signing a "name" just to sign a name.

As you know Debs he want's specific individuals who will do specific functions and have a specific set of (mindset, attitude & skills) whether they cost £5 million or £30 million it is about the individual and how they would/would not slot into the team as a whole.

Interesting on TAW last night when they spoke about Karius...In the bundesliga he has since he was a kid been pegged as a real potential star, not just from his club but executives and supporters across the country he has the capability of really being world class. When we signed him a huge swath of people were like "who?...WTF?...etc..etc.

The manager truly knows what he is doing and this job is clearly not an overnight fix; as you said in the transfer forum...we are not quite ready yet to be playing in the "worldie" transfer market but when the time is right and you could buy that player that puts you over the top then we will get him...right now we are still putting the pieces together and need to give not only the manager but the new lads coming in a break and let them start building something special.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #8364: Jun 07, 2016 02:09:09 pm
      Is anyone saying that it's big name signing or bust? I still don't understand why it's criminal to want to see some proven quality brought in along with kids that Klopp will develop. When everyone thought Gotze was coming I didn't see anyone saying "oh we shouldn't buy him because Klopp doesn't like to buy stars". Same with the Higuain rumors. I trust that Klopp has a list of players he would like, doesn't mean I should be dismissed as foolish because I'd like to see one or two that are ready to go day one. We can keep saying we are rebuilding till we are blue in the face but we really don't have time for anymore rebuilding. We need to start climbing and soon. We will fall even farther behind the big spenders and the up and comers.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #8365: Jun 07, 2016 02:15:43 pm
      Is anyone saying that it's big name signing or bust? I still don't understand why it's criminal to want to see some proven quality brought in along with kids that Klopp will develop. When everyone thought Gotze was coming I didn't see anyone saying "oh we shouldn't buy him because Klopp doesn't like to buy stars". Same with the Higuain rumors. I trust that Klopp has a list of players he would like, doesn't mean I should be dismissed as foolish because I'd like to see one or two that are ready to go day one. We can keep saying we are rebuilding till we are blue in the face but we really don't have time for anymore rebuilding. We need to start climbing and soon. We will fall even farther behind the big spenders and the up and comers.

I did not say anything regarding it's criminal to want a big signing..I even said "we all want it including myself" Did also not see anybody calling you foolish for wanting it.

Why so sensitive/defensive? Nobody is dismissing you though your speaking as somebody slandered your family?

We might get a big name...chances are we will not no reason to take anything as silly as transfer rumors so seriously.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #8366: Jun 07, 2016 02:24:25 pm
      I did not say anything regarding it's criminal to want a big signing..I even said "we all want it including myself" Did also not see anybody calling you foolish for wanting it.

Why so sensitive/defensive? Nobody is dismissing you though your speaking as somebody slandered your family?

We might get a big name...chances are we will not no reason to take anything as silly as transfer rumors so seriously.
      There seems to be a collective that troll through transfer threads and try to quell any discussion of a marquee type signing. Anyone that suggests they might want a proven quality signing vs potential is told in no uncertain terms that's not Klopp's way and basically dismissed.  I could turn the question back to you, why are you so concerned that some of us would like to see some proven quality added to a squad that's screaming out for it?
      You seem to be constantly posting how it's not Klopp's way, like if you say it enough times that people will stop talking about it. I'm not going to stop supporting Jürgen or the team if he doesn't abide by my transfer wish list, but he's not infallible and he doesn't need a legion of forum members to insulate him from any possible criticism or questioning.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #8367: Jun 07, 2016 02:29:52 pm
      There seems to be a collective that troll through transfer threads and try to quell any discussion of a marquee type signing. Anyone that suggests they might want a proven quality signing vs potential is told in no uncertain terms that's not Klopp's way and basically dismissed.  I could turn the question back to you, why are you so concerned that some of us would like to see some proven quality added to a squad that's screaming out for it?
      You seem to be constantly posting how it's not Klopp's way, like if you say it enough times that people will stop talking about it. I'm not going to stop supporting Jürgen or the team if he doesn't abide by my transfer wish list, but he's not infallible and he doesn't need a legion of forum members to insulate him from any possible criticism or questioning.

OK Fl...I will keep my opinions to myself and not post regarding transfers anymore.

Any other topics or threads I should tread lightly in so as not to offend your sensitive side?

As far as the legion of forum members go that don't think we will have a marquee signing it is countered by a factor of 3X those legions that piss/moan all day long because we have not signed a marquee player.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #8368: Jun 07, 2016 02:33:46 pm

You are basing all your assumptions on the thought process that all football clubs buy all their players based solely on ability.  The ability to sell shirts, get a sponsor on board, sell match tickets, tie up loose ends with an agent, raise club profiles in certain domestic markets also, occasionally, come into play!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #8369: Jun 07, 2016 02:39:18 pm
      You are basing all your assumptions on the thought process that all football clubs buy all their players based solely on ability.  The ability to sell shirts, get a sponsor on board, sell match tickets, tie up loose ends with an agent, raise club profiles in certain domestic markets also, occasionally, come into play!

JD,

I base it on the fact that the manager want's certain players; if that player would help sell shirts and all other things being equal I suppose he would weigh that against the fee/salary and choose what works best for the club.

As far as raising club profiles, getting sponsors or selling match tickets I don't think LFC is running short on any of those particular issues.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8370: Jun 07, 2016 02:43:13 pm
      Everybody want's that WOW signing...hey even I do; some very respected journo's around Anfield basically said that Klopp does not give a rats ass about signing a "name" just to sign a name.

As you know Debs he want's specific individuals who will do specific functions and have a specific set of (mindset, attitude & skills) whether they cost £5 million or £30 million it is about the individual and how they would/would not slot into the team as a whole.

Interesting on TAW last night when they spoke about Karius...In the bundesliga he has since he was a kid been pegged as a real potential star, not just from his club but executives and supporters across the country he has the capability of really being world class. When we signed him a huge swath of people were like "who?...WTF?...etc..etc.

The manager truly knows what he is doing and this job is clearly not an overnight fix; as you said in the transfer forum...we are not quite ready yet to be playing in the "worldie" transfer market but when the time is right and you could buy that player that puts you over the top then we will get him...right now we are still putting the pieces together and need to give not only the manager but the new lads coming in a break and let them start building something special.

Who wouldn't want to be in a position of strength signing players mate, there was a time when that's exactly what we did but then we forgot why we were buying them and it all went to sh*t. 

We will get there again, bringing in one or two real quality players each summer to supplement an already strong squad.  Players always move on, whether that's because we need better, they become surplus to requirements or because they want a different challenge.

We still fear losing players, especially our better ones and we become too attached to those who've served us well for many years.  We've spent money badly for too long, we've brought in so many players every summer with no thought as to where they'll play that they never get the chance to play.  So by the time the end of the season comes around we're talking about another overhaul because the last lot aren't worth keeping.

People talk about selling some of our regular starters to bring in others, instead of keeping them to become squaddies and bringing in upgrades as starters.  Jürgen does know what he's doing, he knows who and what we need, where we need them, who to keep and who to sell.  He isn't starting at as low a point as he was with Dortmund so although I expect a lot of players to leave this summer I don't see more than a couple more starters to arrive with a few more Grujic/Chilwell types arriving to develop.

I'm confident we will improve our league position next season, quite a bit in fact and with the correct players still to arrive I can see us having a Title challenge but they sure as hell won't be the big name, proven quality some want although they could cost upwards of £30m.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #8371: Jun 07, 2016 02:48:37 pm
      Who wouldn't want to be in a position of strength signing players mate, there was a time when that's exactly what we did but then we forgot why we were buying them and it all went to sh*t. 

We will get there again, bringing in one or two real quality players each summer to supplement an already strong squad.  Players always move on, whether that's because we need better, they become surplus to requirements or because they want a different challenge.

We still fear losing players, especially our better ones and we become too attached to those who've served us well for many years.  We've spent money badly for too long, we've brought in so many players every summer with no thought as to where they'll play that they never get the chance to play.  So by the time the end of the season comes around we're talking about another overhaul because the last lot aren't worth keeping.

People talk about selling some of our regular starters to bring in others, instead of keeping them to become squaddies and bringing in upgrades as starters.  Jürgen does know what he's doing, he knows who and what we need, where we need them, who to keep and who to sell.  He isn't starting at as low a point as he was with Dortmund so although I expect a lot of players to leave this summer I don't see more than a couple more starters to arrive with a few more Grujic/Chilwell types arriving to develop.

I'm confident we will improve our league position next season, quite a bit in fact and with the correct players still to arrive I can see us having a Title challenge but they sure as hell won't be the big name, proven quality some want although they could cost upwards of £30m.

I agree 100% but obviously we should not speak of such things as it would give the appearance of trying to protect the manager and/or dumb down expectations.

Quick Reply