Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528251 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #9407: Sep 02, 2016 08:29:15 am
      Already played two of last season's top four clubs away.
      Won 1 Drawn 1.

League has 20 teams not just the top 4 most on here like to get their leg over.

We lost to likely relegation fodder in between that remember.

If that had been Rodgers' record your knives would already be drawing blood.

Don't start having double standards now.

Keep those same high expectations; after all we have a World Class manager now.  ;)
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #9408: Sep 02, 2016 08:42:57 am
      League has 20 teams not just the top 4 most on here like to get their leg over.

We lost to likely relegation fodder in between that remember.

If that had been Rodgers' record your knives would already be drawing blood.

Don't start having double standards now.

Keep those same high expectations; after all we have a World Class manager now.  ;)

Anyone with their knives out after 3 games needs their head wobbled. I predicted us to finish 5/6 this season even before the transfer window closed, I still expect us to finish in those positions, and no I wont be happy to finish there.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #9409: Sep 02, 2016 08:49:40 am
      KLOPP  KNOCKING

Title of a new thread ?

FFS . Hasn't even been with us a year yet.

Some of you sound like the old ladies doing their knitting hanging around the execution gallows.

Whining moaning bleating ...... its pathetic.

We don't know the remit he is working with but is sufficient that whatever he is doing as far a the club are concerned he is doing something very right to have had a contract extension given in his first year.

He has energised the place and of all the managers in the Premier League at the moment , who out there would we identify as being one of us ?  No one.

Looking at the positives of what he has done since being here .... how would we feel if for whatever reason he were to resign tomorrow. 
      Who would replace him?
      Think on that.

Two finals in his first few months of being here with someone else's players ?

Remember smashing some of the top four ?
      European nights back like we all used to love.  The team being called unplayable by the media .... and all the rest.

Its a new season.
      Won 1 Drawn 1.

Get off his back FFS.
      Jesus christ mate. Please , please don't talk about GETTING to cup finals and beating top four teams as some sort of accomplishment. You sound like a Mid -table team fan. It's bad enough fans banging on about the  ' Nearly Year ' with Rodgers as if it meant anything . We failed . Forget about it. Jürgen was brought in to win the league , it is failure if we don't . We have to see vast improvement season on season because the other teams aren't standing still and LETTING us catch up. We have  to TAKE a league title not hope others slip up.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #9410: Sep 02, 2016 10:46:31 am
      Jesus christ mate. Please , please don't talk about GETTING to cup finals and beating top four teams as some sort of accomplishment. You sound like a Mid -table team fan. It's bad enough fans banging on about the  ' Nearly Year ' with Rodgers as if it meant anything .
      We failed . Forget about it. Jürgen was brought in to win the league , it is failure if we don't . 

So give the man a chance then  F.F.S.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9411: Sep 02, 2016 11:07:17 am
      Usual wankers  baiting with the "TPM" and double standards.

Nah not comparable yet Jürgen needs to flunk 300m to be on "par" and still looking to " transition" and "rebuild" after 3 seasons.

Achievements eclipsed after half a season with 2 cup finals allready.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #9412: Sep 02, 2016 11:10:50 am
      So give the man a chance then  F.F.S.

It's not about chances, it's about judging what he's done so far and some people keep holding up the fact we came 2nd twice as an achievement. You're first or you're nowhere. It's that simple.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #9413: Sep 02, 2016 11:15:29 am
      Usual wankers  baiting with the "TPM" and double standards.

Nah not comparable yet Jürgen needs to flunk 300m to be on "par" and still looking to " transition" and "rebuild" after 3 seasons.

Unfortunately, I remember well a few on here went for him after our first game of the season, a 1-0 home win against Stoke.

So, you're right about one thing, it isn't comparable.  :gt-happyup:

:lmao:

Please, if you know anything about this club then you would know they are NOT achievements.

Bloody Johnny come lately's.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #9414: Sep 02, 2016 11:42:07 am
      Our start has been reasonable considering the games we've had. Pretty much everyone would have expected 3 points at Burnley (and let's face it all the other good sides will win there), then another point out of the two tricky games would have been considered just about reasonable.

Of course that's not how it worked out, but the points total did so it's just about reasonable.

As for "wankers" it amazes me that the same people are permitted to get away with the same abuse over and over. The more you ignore them the more they do it
       I don't do keyboard hard man so I won't go there, but to be lectured on how to support by the likes of Skip and the Aussie Don Corleone after the way they've carried on over the last few years is the supremest irony.

As I've said many times, long after they are plunging knives into the manager I'll still be supporting him. They are both the kind of supporters that if I were Jürgen, I'd rather have them in front of me than behind, that way I can see where they are when they turn. We've seen their type of "support" very well over yhe last few years, and the fact that they don'the see the irony or double standards in their current position, AND feel qualified to lecture others about theirs, says it all.

Me? I'll keep supporting the manager and the players. I won't though be joining some sort of cult where I have to speak to the thought police before I can comment on anything. I won't be berating others for wondering whether 4 points from 3 games is enough, while at the same time calling the club captain a shithouse and slagging off the manager for not buying a left back. No, you are either a fully paid up member of the Kim Jong Jürgen cult, or you are allowed to have an opinion.

Me, I'm allowed to have an opinion. I myself have an opinion on who and who isn't a "w**ker" too, but I choose not to voice it on a football forum.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #9415: Sep 02, 2016 12:26:44 pm
      KLOPP  KNOCKING

Title of a new thread ?

FFS . Hasn't even been with us a year yet.

Some of you sound like the old ladies doing their knitting hanging around the execution gallows.

Whining moaning bleating ...... its pathetic.

We don't know the remit he is working with but is sufficient that whatever he is doing as far a the club are concerned he is doing something very right to have had a contract extension given in his first year.

He has energised the place and of all the managers in the Premier League at the moment , who out there would we identify as being one of us ?  No one.

Looking at the positives of what he has done since being here .... how would we feel if for whatever reason he were to resign tomorrow. 
      Who would replace him?
      Think on that.

Two finals in his first few months of being here with someone else's players ?

Remember smashing some of the top four ?
      European nights back like we all used to love.  The team being called unplayable by the media .... and all the rest.

Its a new season.
      Won 1 Drawn 1.

Get off his back FFS.

As ever Skip, top post.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9416: Sep 02, 2016 12:31:15 pm
      Ooh good post Skip, nice one Skip, two bags full Skip. ;D

Behave yourselves will you? :lmao:.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #9417: Sep 02, 2016 12:47:03 pm
      Our start has been reasonable considering the games we've had. Pretty much everyone would have expected 3 points at Burnley (and let's face it all the other good sides will win there), then another point out of the two tricky games would have been considered just about reasonable.

Of course that's not how it worked out, but the points total did so it's just about reasonable.

As for "wankers" it amazes me that the same people are permitted to get away with the same abuse over and over. The more you ignore them the more they do it
       I don't do keyboard hard man so I won't go there, but to be lectured on how to support by the likes of Skip and the Aussie Don Corleone after the way they've carried on over the last few years is the supremest irony.

As I've said many times, long after they are plunging knives into the manager I'll still be supporting him. They are both the kind of supporters that if I were Jürgen, I'd rather have them in front of me than behind, that way I can see where they are when they turn. We've seen their type of "support" very well over yhe last few years, and the fact that they don'the see the irony or double standards in their current position, AND feel qualified to lecture others about theirs, says it all.

Me? I'll keep supporting the manager and the players. I won't though be joining some sort of cult where I have to speak to the thought police before I can comment on anything. I won't be berating others for wondering whether 4 points from 3 games is enough, while at the same time calling the club captain a shithouse and slagging off the manager for not buying a left back. No, you are either a fully paid up member of the Kim Jong Jürgen cult, or you are allowed to have an opinion.

Me, I'm allowed to have an opinion. I myself have an opinion on who and who isn't a "w**ker" too, but I choose not to voice it on a football forum.

This is what annoys me no end on this forum. Why do the two have to be mutually exclusive? When Klopp does poorly, I'll criticise him for it. The longer we go without showing signs of progress, I'll criticise him for it. Until we win silverware and start challenging for the league, I'll criticize him for it. Conversely, when we do show signs of progress, when we do win something, then I'll praise him for it. I take a completely neutral stance on things. His personality doesn't come into it for me. I'm neither a fanboi nor a hater, I'm simply a supporter who will judge him on what he does at Liverpool. I'm absolutely sick and tired of being criticised and seeing others criticised for raising legitimate criticisms of a manager that is no more the messiah than he is a naughty boy.

People need to feel comfortable in raising these criticisms and not be hunted down in packs by the same few over and over again, simply because it conflicts with their sense of idolism of Klopp, and not be accused of being a plastic supporter, or having the knives out for him. I don't think he will achieve anything of note at Liverpool, partly because of his recruitment philosophy, partly because of FSG's policies, but that opinion doesn't stop me supporting him 100% and hoping he proves me wrong. It's simply an opinion based upon the evidence to-date and an opinion that will be shaped on the evidence to come. That's what a forum is for, to share and discuss differing opinions, not to go around throwing aspersions at people with differing views.

So excuse me if I don't accept your view that some of us have the knives out for him because we don't, we're simply unimpressed with what we've seen so far and as you are entitled to your opinion, we are entitled to ours. A little bit of respect for fellow posters on this forum would go a long way.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #9418: Sep 02, 2016 12:59:27 pm
      This is what annoys me no end on this forum. Why do the two have to be mutually exclusive? When Klopp does poorly, I'll criticise him for it. The longer we go without showing signs of progress, I'll criticise him for it. Until we win silverware and start challenging for the league, I'll criticize him for it. Conversely, when we do show signs of progress, when we do win something, then I'll praise him for it. I take a completely neutral stance on things. His personality doesn't come into it for me. I'm neither a fanboi nor a hater, I'm simply a supporter who will judge him on what he does at Liverpool. I'm absolutely sick and tired of being criticised and seeing others criticised for raising legitimate criticisms of a manager that is no more the messiah than he is a naughty boy.

People need to feel comfortable in raising these criticisms and not be hunted down in packs by the same few over and over again, simply because it conflicts with their sense of idolism of Klopp, and not be accused of being a plastic supporter, or having the knives out for him. I don't think he will achieve anything of note at Liverpool, partly because of his recruitment philosophy, partly because of FSG's policies, but that opinion doesn't stop me supporting him 100% and hoping he proves me wrong. It's simply an opinion based upon the evidence to-date and an opinion that will be shaped on the evidence to come. That's what a forum is for, to share and discuss differing opinions, not to go around throwing aspersions at people with differing views.

So excuse me if I don't accept your view that some of us have the knives out for him because we don't, we're simply unimpressed with what we've seen so far and as you are entitled to your opinion, we are entitled to ours. A little bit of respect for fellow posters on this forum would go a long way.

Absolutely spot on. I have no problem whatsoever with posters who think we are going to win the league this season, there are loads in the predictions thread. I have no issue with posters who love Jürgen, are indifferent to him, want to build a statue for him or whatever else. We're all reds, and we all want him to succeed. Respect for each other and each others opinions should be a basic given. Equally IMHO respect for our playersj  (even ones we don't rate providing they behave properly) AND former managers, once again providing they behaved properly too. That said though, even if other posters choose NOT to respect some of our players (and there are plenty who don't) and/or choose to openly abuse former managers (there are plenty in this group too), each to their own and all that.

When though those who disrespect former managers, other posters and current players on a daily basis take it upon themselves to try and tell other people what to post (while abusing them at the same time) you've got to laugh really.
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2016 01:26:11 pm by bigmick »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9419: Sep 02, 2016 01:04:13 pm
      Don't understand why anyone is getting their knickers in a twist to be honest were 3 away games in, two of those against top 4 rivals.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #9420: Sep 02, 2016 01:20:18 pm
      Don't understand why anyone is getting their knickers in a twist to be honest were 3 away games in, two of those against top 4 rivals.

To be fair to some of the ones getting worked up the first 3 games haven't exactly been glorious. Tried our best to blow a 4-1 lead lost to Burnley and didn't play particularly well against spurs though it was a point we'd have all taken im sure. 2 of the 3 games have drawn blanks from open play and we've conceded 6.

While I wouldn't be depressed over it in the 3 games there have been reasons given for people to have a bit of a moan and to a degree be concerned.   
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #9421: Sep 02, 2016 01:25:56 pm

Those crying about Rodgers and double standards sound like blueshite taxi drivers.

Coming out with any old sh*te to just be heard!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #9422: Sep 02, 2016 01:29:40 pm

Not sure anyone is getting their knickers in a twist Daz. Four points from those three games is just about OK I reckon. I've seem some describe it as pretty good but nobody as a disaster. Long way to go yet and all that.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #9423: Sep 02, 2016 01:41:49 pm
       >:(The only people talking about Rodgers are those who hate him  :lmao:. It's like since he's gone to Celtic, they're all over his thread like flys round sh!te. Each time it looked like they weren't going to qualify for the Champions League again they were doing cartwheels. Then they went all quiet when they did (after calling Celtic "lucky" obviously). I only have so much "give a f***" to go round, I'm amazed anyone's still bothered about Rodgers.

Obviously if he were still in charge at Liverpool, those that are currently berating anyone who's opinion doesn't chime with theirs would be slashing their wrists, but it's not important. They'd be saying it was "embarrassing" and a "disgrace"but they'd be wrong. It's just about an OK start, and that applies whoever is the manager.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #9424: Sep 02, 2016 01:47:34 pm
      The only people talking about Rodgers are those who hate him  :lmao:. It's like since he's gone to Celtic, they're all over his thread like flysheet round sh!te. Each time it looked like they weren't going to qualify for the Champions League again they were doing cartwheels. Then they wenthink all quiet when they did (after calling Celtic "lucky" obviously). I only have so much "give a f***" to go round, i'm amazed anyone's bothered.

Obviously if Rodgers were still in charge those that are currently berating anyone who's opinion doesn't chime with theirs would be slashing their wrists, but it'seems not important. They'd be saying it was "embarrassing" and a "disgrace"but they'd be wrong. It's just about an OK start, and that applies whoever is the manager.

But it is happening Mick, you only have to go back one page to hear people whinging about if this start was under "TPM"

Frankly it's F***ing embarrassing and why I've refused to wade into the crying.

Think it was you or possibly someone else who said let's wait until after the international break and get the league campaign in full swing.

We could do with getting a few wins under our belt to quieten down the dissenting voices.

And yeah I know we got Chelsea away straight after our first home game!

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #9425: Sep 02, 2016 01:56:28 pm
      But it is happening Mick, you only have to go back one page to hear people whinging about if this start was under "TPM"

Frankly it's f**king embarrassing and why I've refused to wade into the crying.

Think it was you or possibly someone else who said let's wait until after the international break and get the league campaign in full swing.

We could do with getting a few wins under our belt to quieten down the dissenting voices.

And yeah I know we got Chelsea away straight after our first home game!

Our first home game is Leicester too mate (cheers FA, bunch of c***s that they are). That game is massive, fail to win that and the start is in danger of becoming a bit of a disaster.

It's funny though people talking about negativity. How would everyone else describe the start? I've said four points from those three games (not disputing that we played some good stuff at times) is just about OK. What do the "positive" people think?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #9426: Sep 02, 2016 01:58:32 pm
      Glass half full or glass half empty? 

Or maybe there is no glass.....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #9427: Sep 02, 2016 01:59:50 pm
      Our first home game is Leicester too mate (cheers FA, bunch of c***s that they are). That game is massive, fail to win that and the start is in danger of becoming a bit of a disaster.

It's funny though people talking about negativity. How would everyone else describe the start? I've said four points from those three games (not disputing that we played some good stuff at times) is just about OK. What do the "positive" people think?

Tbh I'm not that scared about facing Leicester, hope it's the same team that failed to turn up on Boxing Day last year!!

I'm with you tbh, ok start where we've played some decent stuff, the odd fright in defence - it's just that game at Burnley, which despite the 80 odd percent possession, we did F**k all with and we did look sh*te.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #9428: Sep 02, 2016 02:05:44 pm
      The only people talking about Rodgers are those who hate him  :lmao:. It's like since he's gone to Celtic, they're all over his thread like flysheet round sh!te. Each time it looked like they weren't going to qualify for the Champions League again they were doing cartwheels. Then they wenthink all quiet when they did (after calling Celtic "lucky" obviously). I only have so much "give a f***" to go round, i'm amazed anyone's bothered.

Obviously if Rodgers were still in charge those that are currently berating anyone who's opinion doesn't chime with theirs would be slashing their wrists, but it'seems not important. They'd be saying it was "embarrassing" and a "disgrace"but they'd be wrong. It's just about an OK start, and that applies whoever is the manager.

Pure comedy gold that Mick.

:lmao:

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9429: Sep 02, 2016 02:11:02 pm
      when you miss opportunities in this league you cant get the points back. We should have beaten Burnley and we didn't and we should have beaten Spurs and we didn't. We should have improved the squad in particular at left back all these missed opportunities signify the same mistakes we have made for over 20 years so its no wonder people are frustrated . The signings we have made look amongst the best summer signings we have had for a long time that's really not the issue and nor is the manager despite the usual muppets trying to cause trouble in an empty house for anyone who questions his decisions.
      you cant regain lost points and you cant make Moreno into a world class LB and the same goes for Milner look what our competitors have done in the summer . We have already made the job harder than it needed to be and its going to be incredibly difficult to get into top 4 this season.

Quick Reply