Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518778 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #483: Oct 09, 2015 05:32:41 pm
      Xabi Alonso ‏@XabiAlonso 7m7 minutes ago
      Welcome to the Liverpool family. YNWA Mr. Klopp!!

Translates into come take me home in January

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #484: Oct 09, 2015 05:36:20 pm
      Anyone reckon Gerrard may fancy a loan return from the MLS ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #485: Oct 09, 2015 05:36:24 pm
      I thought he was very impressive talking in English a language he is not yet comfortable but when he spoke in German has became a completely different person and even more impressive for me. if we have any players in this squad who are by nature slightly pessimistic they are in for a swif kick up the backside. Time to get with the programme
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #486: Oct 09, 2015 05:39:40 pm
      Jürgen Klopp is unique, can't think of anyone who has that air of authority but is still so happy go lucky (very intelligent too). In the world of football management it seems managers have took too many media training classes or are political with their answers.
      This guy just tells it as it is. Ancelotti is a nice man maybe a genius too but come on he wouldn't have that real passion for LFC, he'd be business like as would most managers.
      Flippin heck Klopp grabbed Werner and Ayre like they were buddies, no one ever coming into a pressure job in football would ever be so joyous.
      Rockstar manager he is.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #487: Oct 09, 2015 05:42:13 pm
      Of course he needs time and will get time to develop his team but I do find it interesting that we were almost like a pack of rabid dogs looking to get Brendan fired because he had a squad capable of being in the top four and challenging yet it seems we have backed down from that assessment of the squad and playing down expectations.

i wanted brendan gone because he had alienated too many players. Didn't sort out the defense for 3 seasons, didn't sign a real Defensive midfielder even though we were crying out for one. Couldn't hold a clean sheet to save our lives. And we had too many bad defeats. (i wont list them) and he had no history of turning things around.

This is far different than if we are competitive (playing good football), having a good defense, but missing out on the top 4 or not winning the league in the odd season. Which is what got Rafa sacked, and in hindsight. Was a massive mistake.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #488: Oct 09, 2015 05:42:21 pm
      All the ex players comments are amazing.
      If King Kenny did indeed say what was quoted then that is startling.
      What did Carra say that made people think he was getting a job with klopp?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #489: Oct 09, 2015 05:47:07 pm
      Did you get out the wrong side of the bed this morning fella? Don't get you :(. Are you saying Rodgers should have been given more time?

No, I'm saying we have a good one now. Let's not make the same mistake we made with RAFA because we are impatient or spoiled.

if we are going down the road of selling our best players. Its going to be tough.

I just don't want a new manager every 3 years. I dont want us to become spurs.

I worked there. Listening to their delusional fans was a terrible experience ;D
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #490: Oct 09, 2015 05:47:28 pm
      I thought most of us thought this squad should be doing much better than they are. Brendan has had 3 full seasons to get them playing the way he wanted and its clear he lost them so why is it such a leap to believe that a new man could improve the results with the same lads.
      we will see how good the squad is now and it has to be better than 1 win in 9 games.

Agree. These players SHOULD be doing better than they were. To me, it was clearly a confidence issue resulting from negative tactics/whatever else BR was preaching at the time. However, that's old news and JK IS the man that is going to take us forward and deliver on-field success again. Nothing is a certainty in life, and especially football, but this is as close to a certainty as it gets for me. He will get the majority of these players performing to new heights.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #491: Oct 09, 2015 05:49:49 pm
      Anyone reckon Gerrard may fancy a loan return from the MLS ;)

Not as a player he wont fancy it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #492: Oct 09, 2015 05:51:58 pm
      I thought he was very impressive talking in English a language he is not yet comfortable but when he spoke in German has became a completely different person and even more impressive for me. if we have any players in this squad who are by nature slightly pessimistic they are in for a swif kick up the backside. Time to get with the programme

He did say first off his English would have to be excused, irrespective he did remarkably well.
      Did notice that when he did speak English he laughed uncontrollably and cracked his face smiling, when in German mode he was serious and unsmiling.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #493: Oct 09, 2015 05:57:43 pm
      He did say first off his English would have to be excused, irrespective he did remarkably well.
      Did notice that when he did speak English he laughed uncontrollably and cracked his face smiling, when in German mode he was serious and unsmiling.

I think he is far far more intelligent than he allows people to think. When he spoke in German even though I couldn't understand him I found him intense and compelling. What a pity we have to wait for his first game at Anfield
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #494: Oct 09, 2015 06:12:51 pm
      I think his English is very decent. He's lucky he won't need to communicate with Carra anyway! :P
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #495: Oct 09, 2015 06:13:24 pm
      i wanted brendan gone because he had alienated too many players. Didn't sort out the defense for 3 seasons, didn't sign a real Defensive midfielder even though we were crying out for one. Couldn't hold a clean sheet to save our lives. And we had too many bad defeats. (i wont list them) and he had no history of turning things around.

This is far different than if we are competitive (playing good football), having a good defense, but missing out on the top 4 or not winning the league in the odd season. Which is what got Rafa sacked, and in hindsight. Was a massive mistake.

One thing has to be borne in mind, if Klopp anticipated being treated as BR was vis a vis the TC etc - do you think for a second he would take the job?
      He had talks with the owners prior to which there were reports of him wanting the last word on signings, that indeed was the case after the meeting, something of a U-turn by the owners.
      They have been forced into a policy change to attract a manager of any credibility. More to the point it is the last chance saloon for the owners to salvage their own credibility.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #496: Oct 09, 2015 06:17:13 pm
      One thing has to be borne in mind, if Klopp anticipated being treated as BR was vis a vis the TC etc - do you think for a second he would take the job?
      He had talks with the owners prior to which there were reports of him wanting the last word on signings, that indeed was the case after the meeting, something of a U-turn by the owners.
      They have been forced into a policy change to attract a manager of any credibility. More to the point it is the last chance saloon for the owners to salvage their own credibility.

Bollocks.

He has first and last word on signings, exactly the same as BR had.

He made it very clear it didn't matter to him, and he only thought about it for 10 seconds.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #497: Oct 09, 2015 06:18:18 pm
      Bollocks.

He has first and last word on signings, exactly the same as BR had.

He made it very clear it didn't matter to him, and he only thought about it for 10 seconds.

The '10 seconds' quote has strangely been forgotton today.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #498: Oct 09, 2015 06:18:38 pm

As long as lessons are learned. That's how we "grow" into something better. Maybe the owners have looked at internet forums along the way and seen the possibility of the threat of lost revenue.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #499: Oct 09, 2015 06:22:09 pm
      The '10 seconds' quote has strangely been forgot ton today.

Yeah because:

"you give me what I want and what I had at Dortmund or I wont work with it"

"ok Jürgen, you got it, it's what we wanted before Brendan joined anyway!"

"Great, problem solved!"

Takes a good hour or so doesn't it?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #500: Oct 09, 2015 06:22:43 pm
      The apologists still disappear up their respective arseholes.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #501: Oct 09, 2015 06:23:54 pm

I'm no apologist Stuey but some of the things written about the owners simply aren't true.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #502: Oct 09, 2015 06:26:25 pm
      Yeah because:

"you give me what I want and what I had at Dortmund or I wont work with it"

"ok Jürgen, you got it, it's what we wanted before Brendan joined anyway!"

"Great, problem solved!"

Takes a good hour or so doesn't it?

Except nothing of the sort happened did it?

"We have a transfer committee and we would like to continue with the same system"

"Do I get first and last word on players"

"Yes, just like Brendan did"

10 seconds later
      "OK, no problem"
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #503: Oct 09, 2015 06:29:47 pm
      It's obvious the club lost faith in Rodgers ability to identify a player and conversely he would not play the players given to him by the TC.

The relationship had broken down and hence why it was the right decision to get rid when Klopp became available.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #504: Oct 09, 2015 06:30:35 pm

According to you, Klopp would never come here in a million years if he had to work with a "committee", but guess what, you were wrong again.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #505: Oct 09, 2015 06:33:16 pm
      Sick of the Rabid dogs bolox Brendan had a very very fair ride here and given last season and the twatting by the mighty Stoke and West Ham at home he was very very lucky indeed because elsewhere he has been destroyed. As Kenny said this man is not in Love with himself.

Hey the "rabid dogs" wasn't my quote, I was merely quoting somebody else. I don't know about "fair ride",  but I definitely think Brendan had plenty of opportunity to do his job and enough time to implement any changes.

My hope is though that under Jürgen all of us fans can take a fresh look at how we support the team, particularly those that go the game but also those that phone in to the radio, go on forums etc. Players are aware of what's being said about them, they sense the groans when their name gets called out before the game etc. If we are going to improve, we are going to need the players we already have to drive that improvement, certainly in the short to medium term. In some cases that improvement is going to come from players many of us have previously written off, and IMHO it's time for us all to look at the players in a completely fresh light. Under Brendan and then Under Jürgen needs to be completely different, I think it will be in many cases if we give the players and the team a chance.

Quick Reply