Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526280 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #506: Oct 09, 2015 06:34:59 pm
      It's obvious the club lost faith in Rodgers ability to identify a player and conversely he would not play the players given to him by the TC.

The relationship had broken down and hence why it was the right decision to get rid when Klopp became available.

The timing of all this has been a bit strange, and I can only assume that it's happened the way it has because Klopp wanted time off, but wasn't sure how much, then got a bit restless after 4 months.

Complete supposition on my part, but it sounds about right to me.

Not that I really care now that Klopp's here.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #507: Oct 09, 2015 06:35:11 pm
      Ahh well.took 17 pages but I knew there was an argument in here somewhere ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #508: Oct 09, 2015 06:37:10 pm
      Hey the "rabid dogs" wasn't my quote, I was merely quoting somebody else. I don't know about "fair ride",  but I definitely think Brendan had plenty of opportunity to do his job and enough time to implement any changes.

My hope is though that under Jürgen all of us fans can take a fresh look at how we support the team, particularly those that go the game but also those that phone in to the radio, go on forums etc. Players are aware of what's being said about them, they sense the groans when their name gets called out before the game etc. If we are going to improve, we are going to need the players we already have to drive that improvement, certainly in the short to medium term. In some cases that improvement is going to come from players many of us have previously written off, and IMHO it's time for us all to look at the players in a completely fresh light. Under Brendan and then Under Jürgen needs to be completely different, I think it will be in many cases if we give the players and the team a chance.

I think people who have previously labelled players as "sh*t" or whatever are going to get a few surprises.
      Markovic for one if Jürgen can persuade him to grow a pair.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #509: Oct 09, 2015 06:38:35 pm
      The timing of all this has been a bit strange, and I can only assume that it's happened the way it has because Klopp wanted time off, but wasn't sure how much, then got a bit restless after 4 months.

Yeah I have my suspicions that he was probably contacted over the summer.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #510: Oct 09, 2015 06:38:43 pm
      I think people who have previously labelled players as "sh*t" or whatever are going to get a few surprises.
      Markovic for one if Jürgen can persuade him to grow a pair.

Totally agree.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #511: Oct 09, 2015 06:39:13 pm

I've a hunch we were prepared to pull the trigger on Brendan in the Summer if Klopp was actually available, but at the time he wasn't. IMHO a deal was probably agreed in principle back then that if the job did become available next Summer, it was Klopps if he wanted it. Then when Jürgen made it clear he was getting itchy feet and was ready to work again, it forced the owners hand a bit as they feared (100% correctly) that somebody else would come in and get their man. I'm convinced that had Jürgen stuck to his original plan to take the WHOLE season off, the owners would have waited on pulling the trigger on BR.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #512: Oct 09, 2015 06:39:16 pm
      Except nothing of the sort happened did it?

"We have a transfer committee and we would like to continue with the same system"

"Do I get first and last word on players"

"Yes, just like Brendan did"

10 seconds later
      "OK, no problem"

No, incorrect as has been proven by the dysfunctional mess we became. The facts clearly don't interest you though because you'd rather continue stating the same thing over and over without any proof whatsoever, with indeed all the proof in the world ripping your argument to shreds. Here's another instance:

If it was exactly the same, there would have been no 'problem' at all. Think about that it's illogical, the word problem would have received no acknowledgement whatsoever but that wouldn't effect you.

It's boring how someone can see all the evidence in the world presented to them and continue with the same stance, it's beyond arrogance and stubborn, it's just pathetic.

Let me do your next job for you:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-fc-transfer-7185770

Now you can use that to deceive yourself again that the same thing exists at Liverpool that exists at Dortmund but it quite clearly isn't, look who is coming with Jürgen. Recognise the difference in the process and recognise that 'good football men' will now have the overwhelming influence in reaching the decisions rather than analysts/businessmen and a transfer committee that was so at odds with each other we ended up with the squad we have today.

For someone that claims to read and take in every bit of information before coming to a conclusion, basing your entire argument on one line from a proven liar is beyond the realms of stupidity.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #513: Oct 09, 2015 06:46:42 pm
      No, incorrect as has been proven by the dysfunctional mess we became. The facts clearly don't interest you though because you'd rather continue stating the same thing over and over without any proof whatsoever, with indeed all the proof in the world ripping your argument to shreds. Here's another instance:

If it was exactly the same, there would have been no 'problem' at all. Think about that it's illogical, the word problem would have received no acknowledgement whatsoever but that wouldn't effect you.

It's boring how someone can see all the evidence in the world presented to them and continue with the same stance, it's beyond arrogance and stubborn, it's just pathetic.

Let me do your next job for you:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-fc-transfer-7185770

Now you can use that to deceive yourself again that the same thing exists at Liverpool that exists at Dortmund but it quite clearly isn't, look who is coming with Jürgen. Recognise the difference in the process and recognise that 'good football men' will now have the overwhelming influence in reaching the decisions rather than analysts/businessmen and a transfer committee that was so at odds with each other we ended up with the squad we have today.

For someone that claims to read and take in every bit of information before coming to a conclusion, basing your entire argument on one line from a proven liar is beyond the realms of stupidity.

As I said, and which was stated very clearly in the article, in his own words, BR had the first and last say on players coming in.
      “Obviously, I am involved heavily in the identification of the player,” Rodgers told the ECHO.

“The principle idea when I first came in was that like any manager you will have the first call on a player and the last call.

“That’s the call on whether he’s good enough to continue to look at and try to organise a deal and the last call to say yes or no.

“There is a big part that goes on in between. In modern football you need to trust other people to do the work. That’s something we do here and that’s why we have had the success we’ve had.

Klopp now has the same, in his own words, and it took him 10 seconds to decide.
      It is understood that Klopp will operate in this existing system but the German pointed out that he would have a decisive role.

"It's enough for me to have the first and last word," Klopp later told a press conference.

"We only want to discuss really good players. I'm not a genius, I don't know more than the rest of the world. I need the other people to get perfect information. It's really easy to handle it."
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34484308

You might get off on calling our ex managers liars, personally I find it disrespectful.

Direct quotes as well, that support what I say, not half arsed bullshit theories that you make up to push your agenda.

It's all there, in black and white. Actual quotes said by the people involved.
      This is called "evidence".

Now if you want to further argue your point, provide counter evidence that BR did not, in fact, have the first and last word, and by evidence I don't mean your "beliefs" or "theories".
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #514: Oct 09, 2015 06:49:25 pm
      Will admit like others I actually felt pretty emotional during the presser. It's amazing to have such quality leading the team and someone who (to me) oozes the perfect balance of tactical/technical knowledge, motivational skills, leadership, and a genuinely good person to lead our club. The aspect that strikes me the most about him and what I'm very pleased to see in the man in charge of our club is his humility. And he doesn't seem to compromise his passion or ability in being so humble.

When asked the very typical question on living up to our past his response of "it's not my part to think about this, I only have to work" is what caught me. He wasn't interested in saying he plans on fulfilling that destiny or how he plans on having his name up there next to the best, he just wants to do his job and bring success to the club.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but this video has sent shivers down my spine similar to the way hearing our fans belting You'll Never Walk Alone does:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhziqmmRtwg

And just for good measure:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlP9KGjqXf4
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #515: Oct 09, 2015 06:50:36 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #516: Oct 09, 2015 06:51:41 pm
      You might get off on calling our ex managers liars, personally I find it disrespectful.

Direct quotes as well, that support what I say, not half arsed bullshit theories that you make up to push your agenda.

Now do me a favour, and stalk someone else.

Stalk hahaha! Quality that one.

Told you use that, unfortunately for you Brendan is a proven liar, nothing disrespectful about calling a spade a spade.

As for what he said playing out to be true, it's proven it hasn't. Don't the facts spoil your delusion though, I'm glad to know you're happy in your own little fantasty world though :lmao:

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #517: Oct 09, 2015 06:53:24 pm

I think he may well have been the perfect manager for Stevie. Pace Power Strength all the things that would suit a Klopp team
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #518: Oct 09, 2015 06:54:20 pm
      Stalk hahaha! Quality that one.

Told you use that, unfortunately for you Brendan is a proven liar, nothing disrespectful about calling a spade a spade.

As for what he said playing out to be true, it's proven it hasn't. Don't the facts spoil your delusion though, I'm glad to know you're happy in your own little fantasty world though :lmao:

So, instead of providing the requested proof, you continue to bluster and throw out insults.

As BR would say, that's about par for you.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #519: Oct 09, 2015 06:58:42 pm
      So, instead of providing the requested proof, you continue to bluster and throw out insults.

As BR would say, that's about par for you.

No the proof is above, pages and pages of it, I even gave you what you would rely on because you're extremely predictable.

You ask for proof as your only stance because you provide none. Keep basing your argument on fantasy, bet you believe there were WMD's in Iraq too because a proven liar said there were :D

Or would that be different because there's proof to the contrary?
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #520: Oct 09, 2015 07:04:09 pm
      Any chance of Gerrard coming back in January has gone I think. Perhaps he will come to train with us like Wenger allowed with ex-Arsenal players but he won't be back in a playing capacity I don think.

Klopp wouldn't like Gerrard as a player at the moment - too slow, and not enoug legs for his type of game.

He did it with Frei at Dortmund - he was basically the star player but was told that his age meant he was just incompatible with the style Klopp wanted.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #521: Oct 09, 2015 07:04:44 pm
      No the proof is above, pages and pages of it, I even gave you what you would rely on because you're extremely predictable.

You ask for proof as your only stance because you provide none. Keep basing your argument on fantasy, bet you believe there were WMD's in Iraq too because a proven liar said there were :D

Or would that be different because there's proof to the contrary?

No, I'm asking you for proof of your assertion, not something you've just dreamed up.

It's actually really simple, and if there is any truth to what you're saying, the proof that BR lied when he said he had "the first and last word" on every transfer should be easy for you to provide.

I've given you direct quotes from BR and Klopp.
      You've provided a paranoid theory.

Of course the fact that Klopp has said the very same thing BR did, undermines your case, but you still keep digging that hole.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #522: Oct 09, 2015 07:05:42 pm
      Klopp wouldn't like Gerrard as a player at the moment - too slow, and not enoug legs for his type of game.

He did it with Frei at Dortmund - he was basically the star player but was told that his age meant he was just incompatible with the style Klopp wanted.

Yes Stevie 4 or 5 years ago but now if I understand him the players will need Oxygen when they come off the pitch....I  like it
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #523: Oct 09, 2015 07:07:21 pm
      No, I'm asking you for proof of your assertion, not something you've just dreamed up.

It's actually really simple, and if there is any truth to what you're saying, the proof that BR lied when he said he had "the first and last word" on every transfer should be easy for you to provide.

Of course the fact that Klopp has said the very same thing BR did, undermines your case, but you still keep digging that hole.

If it undermined my case why would I provide it for you?

It does nothing of the kind, if he had first and last say why would players he didn't want arrive? This has been proven in the previous pages.

You believe what you're told, I believe what the evidence tells me to believe, that's the difference which you're proving again.

As for Brendan being a proven liar, it's been proven on many occasions the fact you're still asking for proof just shows how deeply you believe what you're told. If you dig your trench any deeper you'll be saving yourself a great cost in funeral expenses.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #524: Oct 09, 2015 07:12:56 pm
      If it undermined my case why would I provide it for you?

It does nothing of the kind, if he had first and last say why would players he didn't want arrive? This has been proven in the previous pages.

You believe what you're told, I believe what the evidence tells me to believe, that's the difference which you're proving again.

As for Brendan being a proven liar, it's been proven on many occasions the fact you're still asking for proof just shows how deeply you believe what you're told. If you dig your trench any deeper you'll be saving yourself a great cost in funeral expenses.

Fella, you've proven nothing.

Like I said, I've given you direct quotes that actually back each other up.

You've made reference to a few pages on a F***ing fans forum as "proof", but the reality is that it isn't proof, it's football fans pissing and moaning and making sh*t up.

BR stated it very clearly, now Klopp has come along and said exactly the same thing.

You're wrong fella, just face up to it and move on for fucks sake, unless you can provide actual, credible proof that when he made that statement BR was lying.
      I don't want your latest fantasy.
      I don't want the musings of a F***ing forum.
      I want actual proof in the same way I provided it to you.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #525: Oct 09, 2015 07:17:09 pm
      Alright Jürgen lad.
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #526: Oct 09, 2015 07:22:27 pm
      Dont mean to be acting like a MOD but lads give it a rest or at least take it to the committee thread. Everyone should be happy today so shut the F**k up :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #527: Oct 09, 2015 07:26:28 pm
      Dont mean to be acting like a MOD but lads give it a rest or at least take it to the committee thread. Everyone should be happy today so shut the F**k up :)

Was just thinking this was the committee thread until I posted on the actual Committee Thread. ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #528: Oct 09, 2015 07:29:46 pm
      Holy f***in sh*t ppl, just got to love this guy, this just feels so right, the perfect fit is f***in bang on,

His whole persona spells winner,and that's exactly what he is, and he WILL bring the title to Anfield that I have absolutely no doubt

Can't wait for him to impose his style on the players,  very exciting times ahead for sure,

' The Normal One '  :lmao:

f***in love that,

YNWA

Quick Reply