Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518477 times
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #4623: Feb 12, 2016 04:00:03 pm
      I was very supportive of Brendan in his third season and was one of few who thought he would turn things around. He lost me a little when he signed Benteke though. I just couldn't understand why he spent most of our kitty on such a player that was obvious to me wouldn't fit in here. After struggling the season before with Lambert and Balotelli it didn't make any sense and I was annoyed at him for that and felt he hammered the last nail into his own coffin.

This season we started off poorly and I thought it was possible Brendan had lost the dressing room. So at that point even I was leaning towards changing the manager. As I said earlier though I think the main reason we had to change managers was so neither Chelsea or united landed Klopp - we had to get in there first. So for that reason alone I thought it was the right decision.

This gets spoken about quite a lot on here and it annoys me. A lot of people quite often remind us that Jürgen hasn't had a fit Sturridge to play but forget that Brendan didn't either.  If anything I feel more sorry for Brendan when it comes to Sturridge. Sturridge was unfit when Klopp arrived here so Jürgen should have prepared and planned without him. Brendan on the other hand relied on Danny but he was struck down with injury almost overnight.

Brendan went from having the leagues two best strikers to having Balotelli who he didn't even want. Those who were against Brendan never excused our results on Sturridge being unfit and constantly criticised Brendan for not getting the best out of Mario instead or for not signing a forward in January.

I said this the other day in here that Jürgen now has a similar situation with Benteke. Jürgen probably doesn't want Benteke either and clearly isn't getting the best out of him. Jürgen didn't sign a forward in January either. But nobody says anything about that and instead we blame the owners or for Sturridge being unfit? Seems a load of bollocks to me.

Fact is that if both managers had a fit Daniel Sturridge in their team then both managers would win the vast majority of their matches. Daniel is that good of a player and can transform any side. But it can't be one rule for Jürgen and another for Brendan. Neither manager had Sturridge available to them.

I agree with this but look out for certain people who will continuously excuse our abysmal performances and just lie basically. I'm absolutely baffled that anybody can say that we have been consistently much better under Jürgen than we were Brendan. That's not to say that I don't think Jürgen will improve us and will take us to great heights, because I do. But currently we are f**king woeful so lets not sit here and talk bullshit and pretend everythings great. Because it isn't. It might be one day but right now it definitely isn't - we are sh*t.  So lets all stop looking for excuses and talking bollocks and just accept that we could have, and should have, done much better under Jürgen so far.

I agree that things are awful at the moment. IMHO nothing has improved , but Rodgers left us with the worst defence i have ever seen in Red shirts. That is all on him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4624: Feb 12, 2016 04:19:35 pm
      I agree that things are awful at the moment. IMHO nothing has improved , but Rodgers left us with the worst defence i have ever seen in Red shirts. That is all on him.

Do you mean left us with the worse defensive players or the worst defensive coaching?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #4625: Feb 12, 2016 04:46:11 pm
      Do you mean left us with the worse defensive players or the worst defensive coaching?

Makes no difference if it's coaching or individual players - we contemplate a bag of sh*te in front of the goalkeeper.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4626: Feb 12, 2016 05:11:11 pm
      Makes no difference if it's coaching or individual players - we contemplate a bag of sh*te in front of the goalkeeper.

It matters to me, that's why I asked.
      Kopite78
      Reply #4627: Feb 12, 2016 05:25:53 pm
      It matters to me, that's why I asked.

Well for me it's more of a coaching/mental issue than the actual players

Look these aren't the best we've ever seen but there isn't a glut of world class defenders around full stop in the game currently, certainly not to the levels the game (and we) had ten-twenty years ago.

I think Brendan used to be a front foot type attacking first manager who maybe didn't put as much focus on defensive work or approach in games and I think these players look a little scarred to me, mentality plays a massive part in the game and we've been a soft touch at the back for 3 years or so, that will take time to get that out of the players even with a different approach.

If we as fans sh*t ourselves every time the opposition have a set piece, believe me the players will feel it too.

I also don't think from viewing it live they trust the keeper behind them at all
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4628: Feb 12, 2016 06:04:03 pm

Both. Our Captains slip did not cost us the title It was the comical goals we conceded during the season that were never addressed .
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4629: Feb 12, 2016 06:18:15 pm
      I also don't think from viewing it live they trust the keeper behind them at all

I think this is a very valid point.

Truth be told we don't need a world-class keeper to improve defensively. What we need is a 7/10 consistent goal keeper that can handle the basics such a commanding his box on set pieces.

Mignolet on his day is capable of some other-worldly saves but it means nothing if you can't get the basics right; we need a keeper that the back four can have confidence in to handle what is expected of a goal keeper; this alone will help tighten up the defense significantly.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #4630: Feb 12, 2016 06:39:58 pm
      Trying to make this team successful is like trying to hammer a nail in with a turd!
      It doesn't matter who holds the turd, Brendan or Jürgen, it's still not going to happen.
      The issue is that it's Brendan's turd and we are stuck with it til the summer when it can be flushed forever!!
      Hopefully.......
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4631: Feb 12, 2016 07:53:54 pm
      Yes but who bought the sh*t players over 3 seasons and don't say its all down to the TC because that's simply not true???
      This is why we now level the critique at the players rather than the excellent manager who has been lumbered with them.

Think of it like this:
      Brendan < Than the players
      The players < Klopp

BTW by "<" I mean worse

Does that help to understand my mindset and I assume that of the other "hypocrites".

I believe we had a poor squad under Brendan and Brendan bought a lot of them so deserved to be sacked. I believe we have a poor squad under Jürgen, but I expected Jürgen to get more from them and he's not so far. 

We haven't won in our last 5 games, since the New Year we have won only 3 games out of the 12 played.

After 25 games last season we had 42 points, this season we have 35. 

So yes I blame Brendan (and the TC) for the poor squad, but I am disappointed so far that Klopp hasn't managed to get any more out of them than Brendan did.

Klopp has given us renewed hope, but so far not the results or the consistent performances to go with them. FFS we had people almost celebrating a LOSS to F***ing West Ham because we played well! 

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4632: Feb 12, 2016 08:06:55 pm

Jürgen Klopp stresses need for patience with Liverpool rebuilding job

On his arrival, the German vowed to end the Merseyside club’s long title drought.

But Klopp insists it will take considerable time for his rebuilding job at Anfield to bear fruit
      , particularly with so much competition the Premier League.

Top-flight sides will share an estimated £8billion in broadcast rights from 2016-17, meaning plenty of clubs have the financial power to compete with Liverpool.

"I've been here for four months now and I really get the impression that everybody in this club is hungry for success," Klopp German media ahead of next week's return home to face Augsburg in the Europa League.

"And despite everybody longing for very quick success they all are ready to be patient and to invest a certain amount of time that is necessary to gain that success.

"Problem is: the last big trophies have been won a few years ago. It's a problem that many great clubs have in the present. You have to deal with that because obviously there are reasons for that.

"We are trying to bring that success back to the club but both the Manchester clubs and a few London clubs invest a lot.

"So if you make a few good decisions that doesn't necessarily mean that you make steps ahead on the Premier League table because these clubs are making the right decisions too.

"Everyone in Germany knows about the TV money in the Premier League and thinks it would be fun in the Bundesliga with this money, but here you have rivals with the same money so it's not easy."

Klopp joked that even though he is earning more money as Liverpool manager than he did at Borussia Dortmund, the amount of time he is spending at work means there is little difference.

"It is intense, there is a real intensity here in English football," added the German.

"It pays more, but if I convert my hourly wage I earn probably the same as in Dortmund!

"I feel very comfortable over here. It's a special club, a special place. It's an honour and it's great fun and a great adventure to be here.

"That's the thing with Liverpool - you can't become someone in this club without being a great person.

"For everyone in this club, football is important but they want the whole person. Either you are that person or they make you that person."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/Jürgen-klopp-stresses-need-patience-liverpool-rebuilding-job-160212184768#0uDMcM13LMlOjjT6.99
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #4633: Feb 12, 2016 08:11:08 pm
      Jürgen Klopp stresses need for patience with Liverpool rebuilding job

aka Brendan Jürgen dampening down expectations again :laugh:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #4634: Feb 12, 2016 08:29:10 pm
      aka Brendan Jürgen dampening down expectations again :laugh:

Only Jürgen won't need three seasons of winning nothing before he starts his rebuild ;)
      LFC_Mental
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #4635: Feb 12, 2016 08:31:43 pm
      Trying to make this team successful is like trying to hammer a nail in with a turd!
      It doesn't matter who holds the turd, Brendan or Jürgen, it's still not going to happen.
      The issue is that it's Brendan's turd and we are stuck with it til the summer when it can be flushed forever!!
      Hopefully.......

Some turds need a few flushes to go down, If you try and do to many flushes in one go you run out of water in the tank.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #4636: Feb 12, 2016 08:42:11 pm
      Hopefully.......

I love your "turdinology"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4637: Feb 12, 2016 08:53:50 pm
      I was very supportive of Brendan in his third season and was one of few who thought he would turn things around. He lost me a little when he signed Benteke though. I just couldn't understand why he spent most of our kitty on such a player that was obvious to me wouldn't fit in here.
      After struggling the season before with Lambert and Balotelli it didn't make any sense and I was annoyed at him for that and felt he hammered the last nail into his own coffin.

Know what ? 
      I really think Rodgers was playing politics with the Committee and FSG.
      There was a lot of things that didnt make sense and what seemed to be petulant egotistical decisions being taken by him re who plays who doesn't and who was bought and who wasnt.

We'll never know.

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #4638: Feb 12, 2016 08:55:27 pm
      Some turds need a few flushes to go down, If you try and do to many flushes in one go you run out of water in the tank.
      Turd time lucky.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #4639: Feb 12, 2016 09:06:48 pm
      I'll say this and I think most will agree. Jürgen should be doing better, but Jürgen will do better!

Sounds like something Klopp says to himself in the mirror after a game!  :D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #4640: Feb 12, 2016 09:12:32 pm
      Only Jürgen won't need three seasons of winning nothing before he starts his rebuild ;)

Better believe it!
      dflfc1
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts | 18 
      Reply #4641: Feb 12, 2016 11:00:18 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4642: Feb 12, 2016 11:12:26 pm
      How about this for being a bit controversial. 

If we were playing sh*t under Brendan and we're still playing sh*t under Jürgen, rather than one being better or worse than the other, maybe we've just got sh*t players.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #4643: Feb 13, 2016 12:34:31 am
      Quote from heimdall
      Only for people who have conveniently forgotten how utterly crap we were against Stoke, Aston Villa or matches against any of the top teams last 3 seasons.

The Stoke game again!!

Someday people will realise that game was about as meaningful to us as a post season friendly in Albania. There was nothing at stake, no cups, no Europe. It made no difference whether we won 6-1 or lost 1-6. It made no difference whether we won 1-0 or drew 3-3. The result and scoreline was totally immaterial, and there was no consequences for it.

When going to Stoke away was important, Coutinho won it in the last 5 minutes, and the defence kept a clean sheet, facing just one shot on target. Arsenal got a draw, the mancs, City, and Chelsea went there and all lost. Those three points could still be invaluable come the end of the year.

Quote from Kopite78
      I want us to go into this summers window and act like a big club, go for a couple of real big game changers, stop pissing around with gambles and potential. Try for the top players, push the boat out, sell the club, sell the project.

Two f**k off worldies make the difference to this squad, we have a manager to attract them, we have the name to attract them.. Let's have the mentality to match

Do you understand moneyball?

If anything, Leicester's performance this year may convince them that gambling on a team of non-leaguers, rejects, loan deals, and free transfers, is all it takes for a team to be competitive these days.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #4644: Feb 13, 2016 12:52:41 am
      The Stoke game again!!

Someday people will realise that game was about as meaningful to us as a post season friendly in Albania. There was nothing at stake, no cups, no Europe. It made no difference whether we won 6-1 or lost 1-6. It made no difference whether we won 1-0 or drew 3-3. The result and scoreline was totally immaterial, and there was no consequences for it.

Someday people will realise when we start to lose 6-1 to the likes of Stoke something is seriously wrong, obviously not for the nutter above ( incidentally if Rodgers was not from NI would you feel the same way?)

The dumbing down in the club since Hodgson is shocking really. Hicks and Gillete have a lot to answer!

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4645: Feb 13, 2016 02:56:41 am
      The Stoke game again!!

When going to Stoke away was important, Coutinho won it in the last 5 minutes, and the defence kept a clean sheet, facing just one shot on target. Arsenal got a draw, the mancs, City, and Chelsea went there and all lost. Those three points could still be invaluable come the end of the year.

I don't like to see us lose full stop. Granted, there was nothing to play for but still being humiliated like that shouldn't be dismissed as immaterial. After all, the least amount of importance you could give that game is that it was Gerrard's final game, and seeing a legend being waved off like that is totally disheartening.

However, that fella you're debating with, is trying to imply that our games since the turn of the year, or at least the performances in many of them are fantastic and much improvement has been made.  :lmao: He's only kidding himself and a few others on here. Nobody with any 'footballing knowledge' actually agrees with that - and the people who plussed him, deep down know this too.

They're just so entrenched in their views that Rodgers had to go (which was right he did), but simultaneously proclaimed (this is where they're wrong though and they constantly shift the goal posts - hence people now see how hypocritical they are), Klopp would immediately get this team/squad playing to a level much better than Rodgers did, which as we can now see is totally wide of the mark.

Posters like the bloke you're talking to and a few of the other protected species on here cannot handle that our team performances and results have been just AS bad, if not worse than what we saw under Rodgers. They're frustrated that they cannot come wading in here with their size 9's saying 'I told you so', in regards to Klopp having an immediate upturn in performances and results. Even though this situation would have blown their own egos and self-importance up to the size of the Epcot Centre, I wish for the good of the club they'd have been bloody right. However, instead of acting mature and saying 'yes, our performances haven't been as good, and Klopp is still struggling to get anything more out of them than Rodgers did at this present moment in time' they play all this other BS instead.

I mean, they tried to brush performances and results aside with all this 'celebrity manager' talk. We're getting a beaten by f**king Watford and these fannies are telling us 'how great is it that he's so honest'!, 'He's so funny', 'Oh, I love how he handles the press,'  like little girls hanging off his every word. They're ignoring the fact we're being humiliated by newly promoted sides and are given tough games by relegation fodder because their too busy batting their eyelids at the manager's press conferences.

Then, in the meantime though, they're happy to deride players at the drop of a hat, happy to use fixture congestion as problematic (which I remember vividly, Rodgers got absolutely slaughtered for when he said there was less prep time with European football added into midweek schedules), they're happy to use injuries (which to be fair, is probably their only genuine excuse). They're happy to vent and critisise anywhere else apart from the manager who I will reiterate again GAVE MIGNOLET A 5 YEAR CONTRACT! I'm surprised Mignolet didn't get blamed for giving himself a contract extension, so as to avoid pointing the finger at Klopp, such is the sh*t I've read on here. 

Next thing I expect to hear (which I found a little surprising coming from Klopp) is that they'll to say it's too windy and cold in England for our manager to bed-in.

« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2016 04:31:53 am by Beerbelly »

Quick Reply