Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526576 times
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #6946: May 01, 2016 05:16:54 pm
      Todays result was extremely disappointing.

No doubt the usual excuse-generators will be busy typing thei posts but that simply wasn't good enough. If we think of ourselves as a big club then we can never write league games off as a "free pass" for the manager.

Everything now rests on Europa. As we never tire of hearing, winning is everything and coming second counts for nothing - and that includes beating Dortmund.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #6947: May 01, 2016 05:25:58 pm
      Do we have to bring whether somebody has posted about Hillsborough into any argument lads? Really?
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #6948: May 01, 2016 05:45:08 pm
      I'm not exactly a buddy of euro but I +'d him based on the fact that he was right.

You do float about and wait for the moment to jump in at the merest sight of things going wrong for the club but when you should stand up and be counted you're vaguely elusive.

At least be man enough to admit your faux pas.

Bullshit.

The posts are all there for everyone to read - whether it's been Klopp's success in the league, him overtraining the players or mishandling the strikers I took major pelters at the time for pointing these things out in advance. Then when our league points, injury record and people complaining about Sturridge not playing have proven me right I get pelters for having the "ego" for pointing this out in advance and have to "prove" that i've posted about Hillsborough to make up for it.

Shameful. I've got an opinion just like anyone else - disgraceful to use Hillsborough as some sort of means of trying to get back at me just because you didn't like what I was saying and I was proved right.

You should be man enough to admit this instead of dragging Hillsborough into it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #6949: May 01, 2016 05:53:28 pm
      Back on topic. I do think Sturridge will start Thursday. Jürgen isn't that daft to leave him on the bench.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #6950: May 01, 2016 06:01:50 pm
      It's not that mate, hopefully you know that. It's more the fact that HB is dubious at best and ER was highlighting that fact.

I get it mate it's just that it's not a good look is it?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #6951: May 01, 2016 06:02:41 pm
      Back on topic. I do think Sturridge will start Thursday. Jürgen isn't that daft to leave him on the bench.

Again....
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6952: May 01, 2016 06:14:22 pm
      I saw today why Jürgen isn't keen on Daniel. In his eyes it is a crime to give the ball away when you have a chance to take the pressure of your defence and he did it several times today. Origi had worked his  nuts of for the team and was a great out ball to take pressure off us. But Daniel has never been that type of player and he never will be and I think Jürgen needs to just accept that and play him and to his strengths.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #6953: May 01, 2016 06:27:11 pm
      I saw today why Jürgen isn't keen on Daniel. In his eyes it is a crime to give the ball away when you have a chance to take the pressure of your defence and he did it several times today. Origi had worked his  nuts of for the team and was a great out ball to take pressure off us. But Daniel has never been that type of player and he never will be and I think Jürgen needs to just accept that and play him and to his strengths.

Devils advocate, doesn't Firmino lose the ball constantly?

Yet he got the nod on Thursday.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6954: May 01, 2016 06:29:24 pm

He does, but he also works his ass off when he loses it or we're not in possession.

Anyway, we need to start Sturridge on Thursday.. perhaps Sturridge and Benteke?
      evaluator
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts |
      Reply #6955: May 01, 2016 06:38:09 pm
      He does, but he also works his ass off when he loses it or we're not in possession.

Anyway, we need to start Sturridge on Thursday.. perhaps Sturridge and Benteke?

It'll be interesting to see for sure what the starting lineup is on Thursday.  It seems to me that Sturridge may not be starting in a "normal" game.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,844 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #6956: May 01, 2016 06:42:37 pm
      Would like to think Sturridge will start Thursday to give us an attacking edge ,Benteke ? Well for a big guy he goes down so easy and doesn't bully the defenders enough , yep I remain convinced we can beat Villareal and reach a final
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6957: May 01, 2016 06:51:41 pm
      And you just know his summer clear out will cause the mass implosion of Reds, it's going to be ruthless.
      The implosion mate; will it be because of who he keeps?

'Cause let's face it: the people who need to tell us (time and time and time again) which players are 'sh*te' and to tell Jürgen who he should pick, play, keep and sell are the only fans who'll implode.   :laugh:

Jürgen is on record clearly dismissing signing a big amount of players.  If he has that "clear out": do you believe that he'll a) trim the squad numerically or b) just go back on what he said? :confused-smiley-013:

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6958: May 01, 2016 07:37:09 pm
      Sturridge didn't start either game against Dortmund, after playing the full 90 mins today it's looking like he may not start on Thursday either. 

Yep, looks that way. With Benteke coming on as sub last week ahead of Studge, looks like HE has a better chance of starting the Villareal game ! Who the heck would've thought that couple of weeks back :o

Or, maybe today he was giving Studge a chance to get more minutes under his belt, before starting Thurs ???

Whatever the starting XI on Thurs, as long as they come out with the same (or even just similar) passion in the Europa, should have a really good chance. Concern would be it's not so easy to pull a big performance out of the bag, out of the blue, on the back of some dodgy results.

But that's exactly what we need to do...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #6959: May 01, 2016 07:43:13 pm
      As I said, absolutely pathetic to try and use Hillsborough to score points on an internet spat. A new low even for you and your buddies who starred your post.

You are definitely a low life .
      You were the one who stooped to mention it in a derogatory manner.

You are just being evasive.

I simply asked why you hadn't even made one post regarding the Inquest verdicts and you said you "had posted on another forum".

I said.  OK.
      Give us the link .
      Let us see what comments you have left .

I'll ask you yet again. One more time
      Post us the link so we can read them. Third time of asking . Where are they ?

You haven't made any posts . You are a liar. Even in that you have been disrespectful and evasive.

It has nothing to do with an internet spat.

It simply proves you have nothing to do with this club .

The only way you try to avoid this humiliation that you deserve , is to try to be disrespectful regarding this subject  ....... which is your sewer level.

Time is  up.

For my part the subject is CLOSED.
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2016 05:34:06 am by eurored »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6960: May 01, 2016 07:51:13 pm
      The implosion will be because we have a high compliment of reactive tarts on Reds at the moment...
      Yeah... the "tarts" who are forever telling Jürgen who he should pick etc; they're exactly the ones who'll be yapping imploding if he doesn't get rid of Migs or Martin or Hendo (for example). Totally agree.  :nod:

What i meant was not high numbers as such but players who will be unexpected to most, I think some need to steady their tender nerves in preparation for names to go that may not be expected.
      I got that and it's what I reckon too mate.  8)

Not sure what you mean by numerically
      :laugh:

numerical: adjective  nu·mer·i·cal \nu̇-ˈmer-i-kəl, nyu̇-\ - Simple Definition of numerical: of or relating to numbers or a system of numbers

Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

As Jürgen said: "... we will make solutions – [but] seven really sounds a lot,"

Trying to open up debate - I was just wondering (in your opinion) if, following a clear-out, Jürgen would have fewer players to pick from or would he keep the numbers the same... 7 out: 7 in, for example?

Nothing else. No disclosure. Nothing. Catch you later.   :laugh:

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6961: May 01, 2016 08:15:22 pm
      Once again we go into Thursday's game on the back of a sh*t result. I said last week you can't keep changing half the team, it is of no benefit. We need consistency and confidence going into such important games, not on the back of getting stuffed by Swansea. Pretty much everything Klopp could have gotten wrong in the last few games, he has gotten wrong. Not good enough and 3 games without a win is unnaceptable. It's like we have surrendered the league and just going through the motions. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose on Thursday and IMO it would be down to all this changing of the line up because all it is doing it showing who isn't good enough to be here next season. If a player can't play 2 games a week then they need a reality check.
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #6962: May 01, 2016 08:26:40 pm
      The reality is :
      Klopp is handling the real situation everyday (juggling between injuries, suspensions & fitness whilst trying to come up with the best 11 to win games despite all the problems). While we on the comfort of our chair, merely talking rhetorically based on the info's we get from the news & the experience of being a long-time supporter of this great club.

This is the time to stick together through this storm with the Manager & the team.

It's about the big picture, and rome wasn't built in 1 night. I'm ok with losing a battle or two, on our way to win the 'War'.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6963: May 01, 2016 09:14:31 pm

He does come back and defend and support his team mates Danny just isn't that player is he.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6964: May 01, 2016 09:16:29 pm
      We wish. Hopefully Suarezesque.

Unless I'm mistaken Jürgen made 8 changes today with Thursday in mind, his squad was.....

Starting XI: Ward, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Smith, Stewart, Chirivella, Ibe, Ojo, Coutinho, Sturridge

Pellegrini has made 8 changes today with Wednesday in mind, his squad...

Hart, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov, Delph, Fernandinho, Nasri, Sterling, Iheanacho, Bony

Spot the difference?  ;)

We give kids a chance? Or the fact that those 'senior' players still got their arses kicked by Southampton?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #6965: May 01, 2016 10:11:41 pm
      Once again we go into Thursday's game on the back of a sh*t result. I said last week you can't keep changing half the team, it is of no benefit. We need consistency and confidence going into such important games, not on the back of getting stuffed by Swansea. Pretty much everything Klopp could have gotten wrong in the last few games, he has gotten wrong. Not good enough and 3 games without a win is unnaceptable. It's like we have surrendered the league and just going through the motions. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose on Thursday and IMO it would be down to all this changing of the line up because all it is doing it showing who isn't good enough to be here next season. If a player can't play 2 games a week then they need a reality check.

But we have to protect from injuries!!!!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6966: May 01, 2016 10:13:20 pm
      We give kids a chance? Or the fact that those 'senior' players still got their arses kicked by Southampton?

its clear the focus and concentration of the club is on Thursday just as City is on Wednesday.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #6967: May 01, 2016 10:18:44 pm
      But we have to protect from injuries!!!!!

So imagine if any of Allen, Lucas or Milner picked up a injury, I'm sure you would have been happy with Stewart and Pedro starting on Thursday?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #6968: May 01, 2016 10:35:01 pm
      So imagine if any of Allen, Lucas or Milner picked up a injury, I'm sure you would have been happy with Stewart and Pedro starting on Thursday?

So are you one of those people that stay inside your house because someone could lose control of their car, jump the sidewalk and run you over?

Do you not fly because the plane could crash?

Get over it. Life is full of risks and those that cowher in fear don't really live.

How about this, imagine we'd have played the senior players, and no one got injured but we won!!!!!!!!

Now there's a daydream I can buy into.

Quick Reply