Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528316 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #9131: Aug 23, 2016 03:16:58 pm
      No they haven't. Klopp stubbornly refuses to address the biggest weaknesses in the squad and it's already cost us a game this season. People let it slide last season because he hadn't been in charge during the Summer and people are justifiably concerned that his refusal to sign the players we so obviously need is going to cost us again this season. He and only he was responsible for the Burnley defeat and is rightly being criticised for it. Criticism should not be mistaken for a lack of support.

Fickle at best.

The only position that has not been covered for is a left back there is however a week left of the window.

Are you suggesting that we are in a position to openly write Jurgens tactical nouse after 2 games following a summer of shifting ten players in and out.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #9132: Aug 23, 2016 03:17:12 pm
      And now Lucas is pissed off at Pearce for the way he reported it. Took after him on twitter...this is certainly crazy season.

https://twitter.com/LucasLeiva87/status/768074329087238145

Not sure quite how it puts Lucas in a bad light?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #9133: Aug 23, 2016 03:30:44 pm
      It's 3 points loss, never to be recovered. It's a relative 6 points when compared to other challengers who goes to turf moor and get the 3 points...

Actually that statement relates to one of my questions and I bet history shows this statement is not entirely correct.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #9134: Aug 23, 2016 03:39:52 pm

Agreed.

There does seem to be a shift in public mood after the last match. Very interesting.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #9135: Aug 23, 2016 03:46:57 pm

Think because it was worded in a way that it made it sound like Lucas refused to leave meaning then that Sakho had to go.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #9136: Aug 23, 2016 04:05:32 pm
      Think because it was worded in a way that it made it sound like Lucas refused to leave meaning then that Sakho had to go.

Yup same sense I get as to why he'd be upset at it. Love what Lucas did there though tbh telling a journo to f*ck off is always something I like to see from a player. Surely it gets frustrating after a while to constantly see your name being bounced around to sell papers even though more than half the time the words being said are completely unfounded.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #9137: Aug 23, 2016 04:29:05 pm
      There have definitely been some way over the top reactions, but I would guess it's not because we lost to Burnley; it's because of the way we lost to Burnley. Defensive mistakes, unable to break down a team that sits back, etc. Problems that we've had for YEARS that seemingly still haven't been addressed.

But it's only one game. No need to panic.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #9138: Aug 23, 2016 04:49:41 pm
      Can't understand why Sakho or Lucas would be on the way out personally. Sakho, although as graceful as a drunken giraffe, is IMO our best CB. As for Lucas, despite his lack of pace, he barely ever puts a foot wrong. He is just so composed and never flaps.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #9139: Aug 23, 2016 05:08:25 pm
      Can't understand why Sakho or Lucas would be on the way out personally. Sakho, although as graceful as a drunken giraffe, is IMO our best CB. As for Lucas, despite his lack of pace, he barely ever puts a foot wrong. He is just so composed and never flaps.

You get a plus for the graceful  as a drunken giraffe line :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #9140: Aug 23, 2016 06:14:02 pm
      Hendo has the fitness, just not the brain.  Nor should he be club captain.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #9141: Aug 23, 2016 06:48:42 pm
      I find the massive over reaction to a game where we had 81% possession, 26 shots to 3 and 12 corners to 1 quite interesting.

Then look at the starting XI and ask yourself how many are truly starting where Jürgen wants them to:

Firmino: Yes
      Sturridge: No, Mane instead.
      Coutinho: Yes
      Wijnaldum: Debatable, think if Can played he would shift Lallana out.
      Henderson: No, that's Can's position.
      Lallana: Debatable, I think Wijnaldum will play here when Can is fit.
      Milner: Yes, but I think this is one he got wrong.
      Klavan: Yes
      Lovren: Yes, but one of these will miss out for Matip.
      Mig: No, Karius clearly.

So potentially 6 players who were not exactly first choice in their positions playing. Granted some of that is Jürgen's mistake, further can be heaped on him due him not building a deep enough squad when we're sitting at £0 net spend, I buy all that but saying we're all doomed on the back of that 'performance' really is over-reacting massively.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9142: Aug 23, 2016 07:07:45 pm

Got a christmas party to pay for havent we? We've spent big money on a new stand and more or less broke even on the transfers.

Any money now will go towards the buffet and the DJ.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #9143: Aug 23, 2016 07:09:22 pm
      Got a christmas party to pay for havent we? We've spent big money on a new stand and more or less broke even on the transfers.

Any money now will go towards the buffet and the DJ.

Season only started last week, why are we having a Crimbo party, still in all competitions ;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9144: Aug 23, 2016 08:50:22 pm
      Haven't seen one post yet crucifying him, have you?

I think you should read the post again and show me where I saccused anyone of crucifying Jürgen Klopp.I notice you have stopped having a go at crouchino since he outwittrd you with his wisdom and knowledge of L.F.C.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #9145: Aug 23, 2016 09:09:47 pm
      I can understand some of the questions but I have to say, the general tone seems to be that the knives are out for Jürgen for some bizarre reason. And that is something I can't understand at all.

Honestly it seems some are so obsessed with being seen to be 'objective'. I dunno just my take on things, seems a bit over the top given we are two games in.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #9146: Aug 23, 2016 09:39:09 pm
      I think you should read the post again and show me where I saccused anyone of crucifying Jürgen Klopp.

If this isn't saccusing I don't know what is Billy....

By the same token fed lets see how the season goes before we crucify him.

I notice you have stopped having a go at crouchino since he outwittrd you with his wisdom and knowledge of L.F.C.
      Please stop stalking me, I know you are one of the ones plussing people that have a go at me. I believe you earned a little break awhile back because you were obsessed with trying to wind me up, let's not have that happen again ok.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9147: Aug 23, 2016 09:42:01 pm
      If this isn't saccusing I don't know what is Billy....

Please stop stalking me, I know you are one of the ones plussing people that have a go at me. I believe you earned a little break awhile back because you were obsessed with trying to wind me up, let's not have that happen again ok.

Grow up.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #9148: Aug 23, 2016 10:24:01 pm
      Jürgen got everything right today, especially Origi up top and Can in midfield. And Sturridge proved that when you play him correctly, he gets goals.

I find the massive over reaction to a game where we had 81% possession, 26 shots to 3 and 12 corners to 1 quite interesting.

I mean, only 5 of those 26 shots were on target. And of those 5 shots, they didn't exactly generate MOTM-quality saves. We can take 100 corners and still not score off them. Stats can be -- and this case definitely are -- deceiving. We hardly played well. But like it's been said, it was only one match.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #9149: Aug 23, 2016 10:24:45 pm
      Good bounce back for the boss. Although I still don't think Milner  is the answer at LB against a team like Tottenham that will look to exploit him.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #9150: Aug 23, 2016 11:32:02 pm

>James Pearce

Can't stand that lispy sh*t tbh.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9151: Aug 23, 2016 11:37:41 pm
      I can understand some of the questions but I have to say, the general tone seems to be that the knives are out for Jürgen for some bizarre reason. And that is something I can't understand at all.

Honestly it seems some are so obsessed with being seen to be 'objective'. I dunno just my take on things, seems a bit over the top given we are two games in.
      Spot on there sick to the back of my teeth of having to read posts from users who are operating under a pretense of being seen as objective and rational.

Just support the team the manager and the club we have played 3 competitive games so far and won 2 of them.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,533 posts | 722 
      Reply #9152: Aug 24, 2016 03:26:03 am
      Spot on there sick to the back of my teeth of having to read posts from users who are operating under a pretense of being seen as objective and rational.

Just support the team the manager and the club we have played 3 competitive games so far and won 2 of them.

Its not about being objective mate.

We played 2 right footed players on the left hand side against Burnley. Thats just plain stupid.

Even the likes of Sean Dyche saw it as one of our weaknesses. We made it easy for them and they exploited it.

Secondly, we watched Sturridge being played out wide in the Euros an LAMBASTED hodgeson for playing him out of position. Our manager then does the EXACT SAME THING. When we ALL watched it and WE ALL KNEW it was not gonna work.

How is that not a concern for anyone?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #9153: Aug 24, 2016 07:59:12 am
      Our record starting with the friendly against Chelsea LWLWLWLW hopefully Jürgen can end that pattern against Spurs.

Quick Reply