Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528161 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #10374: Dec 10, 2016 02:13:50 am
      I wouldn't say it's completely out of character for Klopp to be coming out and responding to what a championship no mark defender has been saying about his keeper but added to some comments he said earlier about the Anfield crowd, the angry comments when asked about West Ham I think he's absolute seething on the inside over the Bournemouth result.

There will be tee cups everywhere if the lads don't respond tomorrow!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #10375: Dec 10, 2016 02:29:00 am
      I wouldn't say it's completely out of character for Klopp to be coming out and responding to what a championship no mark defender has been saying about his keeper but added to some comments he said earlier about the Anfield crowd, the angry comments when asked about West Ham I think he's absolute seething on the inside over the Bournemouth result.

What were the comments about West Ham?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #10376: Dec 10, 2016 04:28:53 am
      What were the comments about West Ham?

They weren't about West Ham directly.

Stating that we will be angry for the West Ham game is all.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #10377: Dec 10, 2016 09:03:50 am
      They weren't about West Ham directly.

Stating that we will be angry for the West Ham game is all.

Gotcha.

Reminiscent of the pre-match Hull talk.

Much needed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10378: Dec 10, 2016 11:54:56 am

If he wasn't pissed off about the Bournemouth game then I'd be very very worried. If I was them I'd also start getting worried about the return game!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10379: Dec 11, 2016 11:45:40 am
      Interesting reading today were Wijnaldum said that since the game at Bouremouth the manager was not angry, more disappointed and that there were no video sessions dissecting the defeat.
      Sounds like they talked about what they didn't do well, and how to do it better next time, but didn't dwell on it.
      So doesn't sound like strips were torn, which I'd imagine most would have thought would happen.
      He's his own man Jürgen, hard to predict, a gut-feeling manager, does what HE feels is appropriate for the time. Love that about him..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #10380: Dec 11, 2016 12:33:35 pm
      Tearing players a new one may make the boss feel better but he ultimately has to decide if that's beneficial in the long run. At halftime I think it can be a motivator, but after the game, he may not see it adding any value because what's done is done. The players are already disappointed, screaming at them probably doesn't really add much.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #10381: Dec 11, 2016 04:17:27 pm
      Tearing players a new one may make the boss feel better but he ultimately has to decide if that's beneficial in the long run. At halftime I think it can be a motivator, but after the game, he may not see it adding any value because what's done is done. The players are already disappointed, screaming at them probably doesn't really add much.

We've been like that since the first game against Arsenal. Nothings going to change with us. Problem is we can be 3 nil up and concede and the panic sets in.

Can do that and scrape in to the top 4 but Cheslea probably wont be doing that if they win the title.

The art of the 1 nil/2 nil or any goals to nil win is what we need to learn.

Boring but true.
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2016 07:41:23 pm by fields of anny rd »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10382: Dec 11, 2016 06:58:26 pm
      Really missing Cou now. And the keeper position is a problem. Not many attacking options on the bench when we were looking for a goal, had 20 good minutes there at the end of that game were we just needed to make a breakthrough, bit of guile or decent finishing but couldn't quite get over the line. Some work to do for Jürgen over the coming weeks..
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #10383: Dec 11, 2016 08:21:05 pm
      Interesting reading today were Wijnaldum said that since the game at Bouremouth the manager was not angry, more disappointed and that there were no video sessions dissecting the defeat.

I don't like this p*ssy behaviour. We all know it stinks if we lose, fail or get rejected, but we all also know how valueable and important those are to learn from. The successful hungers for real fail to analyze them, the loser just moves on. I can understand Jürgen to motivate his guys by looking always at the bride side but you have to be careful not to become a "gute-Laune"-uncle. Sorry for the negativity, still pissed about West Ham....

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #10384: Dec 11, 2016 09:04:08 pm
      I don't like this p*ssy behaviour. We all know it stinks if we lose, fail or get rejected, but we all also know how valueable and important those are to learn from. The successful hungers for real fail to analyze them, the loser just moves on. I can understand Jürgen to motivate his guys by looking always at the bride side but you have to be careful not to become a "gute-Laune"-uncle. Sorry for the negativity, still pissed about West Ham....

What the F**k are you talking about?!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #10385: Dec 12, 2016 12:21:15 am
      @londonred83: I talk about Klopp refusing to use the Bournemouth disaster for deep video analysis. Instead he moved on pretty quickly. I think it's a mistake.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #10386: Dec 12, 2016 12:53:17 pm
      The F**k is a "Gute Laune" uncle?
      Kopite78
      Reply #10387: Dec 12, 2016 09:25:47 pm
      Jürgen Klopp had a big big job on when he took over the club just over a year ago.

Lets face it we have been a broken club for the best part of the last 6 years, we have had to endure the H&G era and what that did to us as both a club and a fanbase, they nearly ran us into the ground, we had to fight, often sadly against each other at times, but it was a fight. We had to become accountants and activists to try to force them out, they took on the wrong club if they thought they could ride roughshot over us and we would take it laying down. FSG came to town and there has always been a level of suspicion surrounding them as to if they were just another bunch of Americans to they don't understand the game or the club to they are naive and more.
      In management terms we had to go through the Rafa times, again massive splits in the fans over him, some love the man and what he put himself through for the club, some felt he had to go and I for one was shocked to hear some of the stuff in the ground about a man who had brought us success and also put himself out there against the previous owners. Then we have had to endure the Hodge and wondering what we had done to deserve him, then we had Kenny back which again strained the fanbase as so many idolize the man to a point where they couldn't stand some of the criticism he received from the younger part of our fans. Then came Brendan and again he was tainted almost from day one with criticism that he didn't have the CV to get the job and that again because FSG didn't get the game they had taken too much of a gamble with him.. Again causing arguments within the fans

Jürgen walked into all that baggage whether he was aware or not, and he has had to try to work to bring the fans back together as well as try to resurrect a sleeping giant that has basically finished around 6th-8th for those six years bar the one season went close, again because of the cracks within the club and the lack of a one club mentality we didn't capitalize on that season and it broke up again so quickly because frankly that was built on sand where you need more solid foundations for longer term success and that's what I feel Jürgen is laying.. Those foundations

But those foundations wont be laid overnight, it will take time, but here is what im hoping, that we can heal these cracks in the fanbase and everyone gets on board, that we have patience and see what the manager is trying to do, he will make mistakes as he goes along, the league is tougher in general terms that in Germany and he is still learning that, as Guardiola is doing at City, that teams don't lay down when you are on top, they may not have the quality but they have a never say die attitude and that's not the same in most leagues, what happened last week at Bournemouth or what happened at Southampton last season I bet Klopp has never been part of before, those games were probably won and teams don't come back from that.

What im trying to say is that here we are on the back of a couple of disappointing results in the past couple of games and those cracks are showing in the fans again, some are making snide comments when we would be better suited in looking at the bigger picture, we were never going to go from 6th-8th overnight, that mentality that is within the club over the last few years that we haven't by the nature of our league finishes been able to put seasons together when we regularly gain over 2pts a game over the 38 games, that there will be bumps along this building process but if we all get behind it then we will get there, Klopp will get there. How often have we in the recent memory by the middle of December had a home record of Pld 7 W 5 D 2 L0 +15? The home record of turning Anfield into a fortress is part of the rebuilding of the club and is proof again that Klopp is getting there.
      He's had one summer window to try to remould the squad and im sure if you asked him completely privately that he wouldn't be completely happy as yet with it, it will take more time.. Player wise and mentality wise

He's working on us and having a positive effect on the crowd, its been the best atmosphere for a while apart from potentially the last 2 months of 14/15, but that effect he's trying to have on us he is trying to have on the squads mentality.

Football isn't an easy game, there are always two teams playing and they will always try to approach games against you with how they respect you, the majority of teams are sh*t scared of us and their approach shows that because of how deep they defend against us because they know we can hurt them but yes of course we have to improve, of course because again we aren't used to in recent times dominating games and having teams scared of what we can do against them, often teams have come to Anfield knowing they can get something and put their names in lights getting a result in front of the famous Kop. That improvement has got to come in different ways, in the way that we cant be turned easily like West Ham did for their second goal yesterday, that a simple long ball doesn't cause us massive issues because then that domination and pushing the opposition back goes out of the window. We need to make sure that Bournemouth doesn't happen again, but for me that far less likely to happen again than a West Ham as id think 8 times out of 10 if a game becomes stretched and end to end like Bournemouth did id back us to win in that situation.. I think we just felt that was won and never felt we would lose it as a group of players until 4-3.. But they will learn from that.
      We need a few more faces in the squad, of different type too, Mane is such a threat because of his pace but we don't really have another one like him to change it up or go one down each wing, we probably need another type that can pick the lock in those types of games but like I said the squad wasn't going to be fixed in one window and as long as we stick together and believe in the vision which I firmly do then we will get there..

Just don't let that belief drop with 3 or 4 injuries and a couple of poor results. Klopp's been here about 14 months and in my opinion has fixed a lot of cracks already but there's more work to do that only time and belief is what we need.

Its been a F***ing tough six years, those scars wont heal overnight, the club wont fix overnight either but the next six will be boss, we need a one club we will fight any f**ker attitude again, we have the right man to take us back to where we belong.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #10388: Dec 12, 2016 09:59:22 pm
      Jürgen Klopp had a big big job on when he took over the club just over a year ago.

Lets face it we have been a broken club for the best part of the last 6 years, we have had to endure the H&G era and what that did to us as both a club and a fanbase, they nearly ran us into the ground, we had to fight, often sadly against each other at times, but it was a fight. We had to become accountants and activists to try to force them out, they took on the wrong club if they thought they could ride roughshot over us and we would take it laying down. FSG came to town and there has always been a level of suspicion surrounding them as to if they were just another bunch of Americans to they don't understand the game or the club to they are naive and more.
      In management terms we had to go through the Rafa times, again massive splits in the fans over him, some love the man and what he put himself through for the club, some felt he had to go and I for one was shocked to hear some of the stuff in the ground about a man who had brought us success and also put himself out there against the previous owners. Then we have had to endure the Hodge and wondering what we had done to deserve him, then we had Kenny back which again strained the fanbase as so many idolize the man to a point where they couldn't stand some of the criticism he received from the younger part of our fans. Then came Brendan and again he was tainted almost from day one with criticism that he didn't have the CV to get the job and that again because FSG didn't get the game they had taken too much of a gamble with him.. Again causing arguments within the fans

Jürgen walked into all that baggage whether he was aware or not, and he has had to try to work to bring the fans back together as well as try to resurrect a sleeping giant that has basically finished around 6th-8th for those six years bar the one season went close, again because of the cracks within the club and the lack of a one club mentality we didn't capitalize on that season and it broke up again so quickly because frankly that was built on sand where you need more solid foundations for longer term success and that's what I feel Jürgen is laying.. Those foundations

But those foundations wont be laid overnight, it will take time, but here is what im hoping, that we can heal these cracks in the fanbase and everyone gets on board, that we have patience and see what the manager is trying to do, he will make mistakes as he goes along, the league is tougher in general terms that in Germany and he is still learning that, as Guardiola is doing at City, that teams don't lay down when you are on top, they may not have the quality but they have a never say die attitude and that's not the same in most leagues, what happened last week at Bournemouth or what happened at Southampton last season I bet Klopp has never been part of before, those games were probably won and teams don't come back from that.

What im trying to say is that here we are on the back of a couple of disappointing results in the past couple of games and those cracks are showing in the fans again, some are making snide comments when we would be better suited in looking at the bigger picture, we were never going to go from 6th-8th overnight, that mentality that is within the club over the last few years that we haven't by the nature of our league finishes been able to put seasons together when we regularly gain over 2pts a game over the 38 games, that there will be bumps along this building process but if we all get behind it then we will get there, Klopp will get there. How often have we in the recent memory by the middle of December had a home record of Pld 7 W 5 D 2 L0 +15? The home record of turning Anfield into a fortress is part of the rebuilding of the club and is proof again that Klopp is getting there.
      He's had one summer window to try to remould the squad and im sure if you asked him completely privately that he wouldn't be completely happy as yet with it, it will take more time.. Player wise and mentality wise

He's working on us and having a positive effect on the crowd, its been the best atmosphere for a while apart from potentially the last 2 months of 14/15, but that effect he's trying to have on us he is trying to have on the squads mentality.

Football isn't an easy game, there are always two teams playing and they will always try to approach games against you with how they respect you, the majority of teams are sh*t scared of us and their approach shows that because of how deep they defend against us because they know we can hurt them but yes of course we have to improve, of course because again we aren't used to in recent times dominating games and having teams scared of what we can do against them, often teams have come to Anfield knowing they can get something and put their names in lights getting a result in front of the famous Kop. That improvement has got to come in different ways, in the way that we cant be turned easily like West Ham did for their second goal yesterday, that a simple long ball doesn't cause us massive issues because then that domination and pushing the opposition back goes out of the window. We need to make sure that Bournemouth doesn't happen again, but for me that far less likely to happen again than a West Ham as id think 8 times out of 10 if a game becomes stretched and end to end like Bournemouth did id back us to win in that situation.. I think we just felt that was won and never felt we would lose it as a group of players until 4-3.. But they will learn from that.
      We need a few more faces in the squad, of different type too, Mane is such a threat because of his pace but we don't really have another one like him to change it up or go one down each wing, we probably need another type that can pick the lock in those types of games but like I said the squad wasn't going to be fixed in one window and as long as we stick together and believe in the vision which I firmly do then we will get there..

Just don't let that belief drop with 3 or 4 injuries and a couple of poor results. Klopp's been here about 14 months and in my opinion has fixed a lot of cracks already but there's more work to do that only time and belief is what we need.

Its been a f**king tough six years, those scars wont heal overnight, the club wont fix overnight either but the next six will be boss, we need a one club we will fight any f**ker attitude again, we have the right man to take us back to where we belong.

Did you write that yourself? if so then well done.
      Kopite78
      Reply #10389: Dec 12, 2016 10:13:12 pm
      Did you write that yourself? if so then well done.

Yeah mate

I'm just fed of fighting fellow reds, I'd rather spend the time enjoying the club... the last six years have been tough and I'm just looking forward to what I think will be a great next six
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #10390: Dec 12, 2016 10:36:28 pm
      Yeah mate

I'm just fed of fighting fellow reds, I'd rather spend the time enjoying the club... the last six years have been tough and I'm just looking forward to what I think will be a great next six

They will mate I have no doubt we have the right man the lead us back to the top...

Bloody internationals aye... Going great up until then..

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10391: Dec 15, 2016 09:45:02 am
      Well, full marks to the boss, after all that went before, was not an easy call to drop Karius, but the clean sheet and some decent saves from Mignolet, and a generally really good performance from the team made for a good night last night.
      That's not to say that Mignolet might not have his troubles too, but these are our options until we dip into the market again.
      Like that Jürgen will make decisions he thinks are right regardless of what players, fans, media etc might be saying, or have said. We have a squad, use it.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #10392: Dec 15, 2016 10:25:33 am
      Like that Jürgen will make decisions he thinks are right regardless of what players, fans, media etc might be saying, or have said.

Yeah. Must admit I thought he would have picked Karius (being his signing and all that jazz), but it just showed that Klopp's nobody's fool and will make decisive decisions for the betterment of the team. Kudos to that.

I don't think it will be long before Karius returns, I get the feeling Klopp is eager to reinstate him which is fine, but like he said which is what I also said, taking Karius out of the firing line was the right thing to do. And Mignolet, his competition, came in with a point to prove. It should help get the best out of these two if there is genuine competition there, and both could do with keeping each other on their toes. Hopefully it will raise our sub-par keeping standards.

All good.

Kopite78
      Reply #10393: Dec 15, 2016 11:25:48 am
      I really feel like we are setting the foundations for the future as well as this current season, whereas 12/13 seemed to be built on a star player who would leave no matter what happened and another who was in the death rattle of his career this seems to give hope to a longer term vision and plan

We are currently on for a 80 point season the last 7 seasons we have finished with the following

Average of those 7 seasons 63 points, not good enough for this club

In that time we are now on our 5th manager, again not good enough for this club that amount of turnover and lack of stability

If we finish with a 80pt season, even a 75, then what we need to ensure is we finish next and the one after with the similar or preferably higher points totals and for the first time in that seven years I feel that we have that stability and vision to ensure that
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #10394: Dec 15, 2016 11:40:04 am

Its been a f**king tough six years, those scars wont heal overnight, the club wont fix overnight either but the next six will be boss, we need a one club we will fight any f**ker attitude again, we have the right man to take us back to where we belong.

Brilliant Post.

No one enjoyed fighting other Reds but there were so many things going off all the time , as you say.

I would have hoped that we all had the best interets of LFC at heart no matter what corner we took.

Start of great things happening and most of us are pulling in the same direction.

It all depends what you have for breakfast 

:angel:

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #10395: Dec 16, 2016 03:27:29 am
      Quote from Kopite78
      Yeah mate

Six years would be lucky. Instead, the last 27 years have been tough with very few highlights, while enduring the 20 years of oppression.

Thankfully that's over now, but there's still some way to go before the great years return.

Quick Reply