Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528408 times
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #10833: Jan 23, 2017 10:48:37 pm
      Full credit to the Boss making us contenders in his second season with a team that some supporters have little faith in after a little bump....

Right now our boss needs to strengthen our team. Being contenders means nothing if we wilt and end up finishing 6th which is a strong possibility given the teams competing with.

I would go as far to say if it wasn't for the fact that Man City, Man U, Arsenal and Spurs are still in European football we would be odds on to finish 6th
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #10834: Jan 23, 2017 10:50:59 pm
      Full credit to the Boss making us contenders in his second season with a team that some supporters have little faith in after a little bump....

I think he deserves a huge amount of credit Shabs, I for one never thought we'd get anywhere near challenging for the title this season. Maybe that's why it's so frustrating to see our challenge begin to peter out, purely and simply in my mind because we haven't got a strong enough squad.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #10835: Jan 23, 2017 11:31:15 pm
      I think he deserves a huge amount of credit Shabs, I for one never thought we'd get anywhere near challenging for the title this season. Maybe that's why it's so frustrating to see our challenge begin to peter out, purely and simply in my mind because we haven't got a strong enough squad.

Absolutely agree Mick .

Thats the bottom line . 

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #10836: Jan 24, 2017 12:29:19 am
      Full credit to the Boss making us contenders in his second season with a team that some supporters have little faith in winning the title after a little bump....

Fixed that for you just so we are accurately portraying those folks you speak of.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10837: Jan 24, 2017 02:30:08 am

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #10838: Jan 24, 2017 07:13:27 am
      He does deserve a massive amount of credit , but  tpm did teach us one invaluable lesson all be it a lesson most knew , you can be as gun ho and entertaining as you want and sure it's thrilling on times but unless you start at the back and stop shipping goals for fun
      You will always come off second best .

It needed addressing and it hasn't been adequately enough , now perhaps them players are not there but I refuse to believe there  is not a better centre half out there than Klavan , while we have players like that in there we are always going to be prone to a loss , you don't have to score the most goals  to win the league but you sure as hell cant let an abundance in the other end either .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #10839: Jan 24, 2017 07:21:10 am
      On track to concede 50 goals again this season.
      Always our Achilles heel.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #10840: Jan 24, 2017 07:47:30 am
      He does deserve a massive amount of credit , but  tpm did teach us one invaluable lesson all be it a lesson most knew , you can be as gun ho and entertaining as you want and sure it's thrilling on times but unless you start at the back and stop shipping goals for fun
      You will always come off second best .

It needed addressing and it hasn't been adequately enough , now perhaps them players are not there but I refuse to believe there  is not a better centre half out there than Klavan , while we have players like that in there we are always going to be prone to a loss , you don't have to score the most goals  to win the league but you sure as hell cant let an abundance in the other end either .

You know what, I think Klavan prior to this blip has been quite a neat and tidy stand-in. Mistakes have entered his game, and I think that's because the games have come too thick and fast for the 31 year old, in his first season in England. He's literally been flogged and doesn't look as though he's had enough recovery between games. I think he's a good deputy personally.

Then, we have Lovren, Mr inconsistent and Matip who we've badly missed, obviously.

I maintain though, had we not struggled in front of goal and brought a player or two to at least to cover mane, we wouldn't suddenly be putting our defense under the microscope right now. We've lived with it most of the season, now that our attack is struggling people are going back to the defense for answers. The culprit is our attack, our primary system for defense.
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2017 08:34:54 am by Beerbelly »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #10841: Jan 24, 2017 08:02:59 am
      You know what, I think Klavan prior to this blip has been quite a neat and tidy stand-in. Mistakes have entered his game, and I think that's because the games have come to thick and fast for the 31 year old in his first season in England, he's literally been flogged and doesn't look as though he's had enough recovery between games. I think he's a good deputy personally.

Then, we have Lovren, Mr inconsistent and Matip who we've badly missed, obviously.

I maintain though, had we not struggled in front of goal and brought a player or two to at least to cover mane, we wouldn't suddenly be putting our defense under the microscope right now. We've lived with it most of the season, now that our attack is struggling people are going back to the defense for answers. The culprit is our attack, our primary system for defense.
      Can see where you're coming from but  these are not kids we're talking about their seasoned players  who should be doing better than they are , unfortunately  I had a good view along the line of our defence on sat and almost every time it was Klavan dropping and playing them onside , there was no communication whatsoever going on it was like we threw together a bag of misfits that shouldn't be the case after over half a season together , had the defenders done their job we would have won that game .
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,748 posts | 882 
      Reply #10842: Jan 25, 2017 09:51:36 pm
      Well, at least Klopp doesn't go and loose another final on the bounce.

Poor decisions again tonight. The man needs a Winter break himself.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #10843: Jan 25, 2017 09:56:25 pm
      Can Jürgen admit we have issues now?

we have literally bought half of southamptons team and with their star defender hurt we still couldnt slip a ball past time.  and we played at anfield

its not knee jerking when its been a full month of subpar performances.  Jürgen. find and buy.  spend what it takes because whatever we have been trying to do in the past few years(buying cheap... underestimating value) is not working

case in point is pulisic from dortmund. if we didnt cheap out last summer and paid the extra mil or two we would have him here now 
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #10844: Jan 25, 2017 10:17:27 pm
      Where does he go from here? Everyone knows how to play against us now, sit back hit us on the counter, just like teams did against his Dortmund team before he came here.
      I don't know if it's a change in personnel, tactics or both, but something needs to be done. Hopefully Jürgen knows what to do cus I haven't got a clue.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #10845: Jan 25, 2017 10:41:52 pm
      He got himself into some muddle in his post match interview. We got beat by the better team over 2 legs Jürgen not much else to it. Mane's pace and penetration are sorely missed but this should have been forecasted and mitigated
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10846: Jan 25, 2017 10:44:31 pm
      He got himself into some muddle in his post match interview. We got beat by the better team over 2 legs Jürgen not much else to it. Mane's pace and penetration are sorely missed but this should have been forecasted and mitigated

The 'missing Mane' excuse is wearing a bit thin to be honest when you consider we scored quite a few goals against this team last season and more or less in the second half of last season found our way past teams like these. We didn't need Mane to beat Southampton tonight, nor Swansea at the weekend.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,414 posts | 3407 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #10847: Jan 25, 2017 10:44:37 pm
      Can Jürgen admit we have issues now?

we have literally bought half of southamptons team and with their star defender hurt we still couldnt slip a ball past time.  and we played at anfield

its not knee jerking when its been a full month of subpar performances.  Jürgen. find and buy.  spend what it takes because whatever we have been trying to do in the past few years(buying cheap... underestimating value) is not working

case in point is pulisic from dortmund. if we didnt cheap out last summer and paid the extra mil or two we would have him here now 

Simply isn't true about pulisic, the lad wanted to stay there so money was irrelevant
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #10848: Jan 25, 2017 10:48:34 pm
      The 'missing Mane' excuse is wearing a bit thin to be honest when you consider we scored quite a few goals against this team last season and more or less in the second half of last season found our way past teams like these. We didn't need Mane to beat Southampton tonight, nor Swansea at the weekend.

The issue is what Mane gives this team no one else does but the manager should have recognised this and moved in Jan, even if just a stop gap.
      Origi has fallen off a cliff since his injury and Daniel Sturridge is finished at this level.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #10849: Jan 25, 2017 10:51:14 pm
      Simply isn't true about pulisic, the lad wanted to stay there so money was irrelevant

£ talks. Leroy Sane probably would have been happy enough to stay in Germany but Citeh blew the door in and paid £40M for a teenager. We are the 9th richest club in Europe we can afford to do likewise but our owners are cheapskates
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #10850: Jan 25, 2017 10:53:11 pm
      I just don't understand why he only makes subs after 75 mins, doesn't trust his squad and doesn't want to buy players. Poor from a manager who's supposed to be top class
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10851: Jan 25, 2017 10:53:47 pm
      £ talks. Leroy Sane probably would have been happy enough to stay in Germany but Citeh blew the door in and paid £40M for a teenager. We are the 9th richest club in Europe we can afford to do likewise but our owners are cheapskates

Don't think they are exactly cheap skates, the amount the club has spent out in the last few years. Yes we may have gotten a lot of money in from players but they could easily have pocketed all that to improve the financial position of the club/themselves instead of putting it back into bringing players in.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #10852: Jan 25, 2017 10:54:00 pm
      Yeah, missing Mane suddenly isn't the reason why the likes of Can are utterly awful

To be honest, I just wished Klopp had chucked the League Cup like Rafa always did. Once again, it's done us no good this year, and if we really are to play it, just throw all the kids out there. Pointless cup and we've wasted a hell of a lot of energy as a result.

We haven't had a week off since before Christmas. A needless cup replay and two abject semi final legs (the FA need to do away with this ridiculous two legged semi final) and not much traction as a result.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #10853: Jan 25, 2017 10:55:46 pm
      Listening to 5 live phone in from supporters & there was one calling for a Klopp to go...sad.

In bit of a dark spot our Boss at the moment..

YNWA Boss.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #10854: Jan 25, 2017 10:57:53 pm
      Listening to 5 live phone in from supporters & there was one calling for a Klopp to go...sad.

What does Mick sound like?

Just kidding!

Spot on mate.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #10855: Jan 25, 2017 10:58:17 pm

In bit of a dark spot our Boss at the moment..

YNWA Boss.

BR got zero slack no why give Jürgen any?

Quick Reply