Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Rubin Kazan v Liverpool Europa League Thurs 5th Nov 18:00KO

Read 11235 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 306 posts | 43 
      Pre-Match: Rubin Kazan v Liverpool Europa League Thurs 5th Nov 18:00KO
      Nov 01, 2015 10:04:02 am
      After our great win against Chelsea, we travel to Russia hoping to secure our first win in the Europa League this season, after 3 successive 1-1 draws.

Does Klopp rotate or stick with our strongest side?

Next up in the league is Cystal Palace just 3 days after.

I'd go with:

Mignolet

Randall
      Skrtel
      Lovren
      Moreno

Lucas
      Allen

Milner (c)
      Firmino
      Lallana

Benteke

Subs: Bogdan; Clyne, Sakho; Emre Can; Coutinho, Ibe; Origi.

That should be enough to get a result against these, bring Origi on for Benteke for the last 20.

0-2 to us!
      « Last Edit: Nov 02, 2015 10:35:38 am by JD »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Rubin Kazan v Liverpool Europa League Thurs 5th Nov 18:00KO
      Reply #1: Nov 01, 2015 10:58:05 am
      Bit early for this, still enjoying the post-chav bashing.

But as you started the Pre-Chelsea thread, fill your boots Olly.

I guess this should be a win, confidence is high, so why not.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2: Nov 01, 2015 11:02:51 am
      I'd go with:

Bogdan (he did well mid-week)

Randall
      Skrtel
      Lovren
      Moreno

Can
      Allen

Milner (c)
      Ibe
      Teixiera

Origi

Subs: Fulton, Sakho, Clyne, Lucas, Lallana, Firmino, Benteke
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #3: Nov 01, 2015 11:52:50 am
      It's a game we could do with winning really, and as such I'd put a decent team out. My feeling is that another win (making it three on the bounce) would be worth it in terms of fatigue purely for the further uplift in confidence it will give the whole club.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4: Nov 01, 2015 12:48:05 pm
      It's a game we could do with winning really, and as such I'd put a decent team out.
      My feeling is that another win (making it three on the bounce) would be worth it in terms of fatigue purely for the further uplift in confidence it will give the whole club.

A bit of momentum would be good  Mick.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #5: Nov 01, 2015 03:26:52 pm
      I'd go with:

Bogdan (he did well mid-week)

Randall
      Skrtel
      Lovren
      Moreno

Can
      Allen

Milner (c)
      Ibe
      Teixiera

Origi

Subs: Fulton, Sakho, Clyne, Lucas, Lallana, Firmino, Benteke

Exactly that back-5 but Tex cant play unfortunately. Would pair Milner with Allen in the middle, and play Ibe-Brannagan-Firmino behind Origi
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6: Nov 01, 2015 04:36:30 pm
      It's a game we could do with winning really, and as such I'd put a decent team out. My feeling is that another win (making it three on the bounce) would be worth it in terms of fatigue purely for the further uplift in confidence it will give the whole club.

players are never tired when they win a game so for me I would be looking for a very strong team we need to win this and continue the upward trend.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #7: Nov 01, 2015 05:48:35 pm
      I'd prefer giving the two SBs a break so they can be fit against palace. In the absence of other decent SB, I'll go with a 3-5-2 formation of:
                     Bodgan
             Can Skrtel Lovren
                  Allen Milner
      Ibe       Firmino     Brannagan
                Origi Sinclair

Firmino to be pulled out after 45 min (fatigue mgt strictly for that rough diamond)

Formation changes if Enrique is available, willing and capable (what happened to that lad..?)
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #8: Nov 01, 2015 07:35:17 pm
      Exactly that back-5 but Tex cant play unfortunately. Would pair Milner with Allen in the middle, and play Ibe-Brannagan-Firmino behind Origi

Yes, I forget about Teix. I won't play none of Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino or Benteke.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #9: Nov 01, 2015 08:33:03 pm
      Yes, I forget about Teix. I won't play none of Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino or Benteke.

Really mate? We need to score and without those lads you mentioned, we have no chance of scoring.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #10: Nov 02, 2015 10:27:33 am

We need someone on that left wing. So may be we can pair Chirivella with Allen in the middle, play Ibe on the left, Milner on the right and Cameron behind Origi.

Bogdan
      Randall-Skrtel-Lovren-Moreno
      Allen-Chirivella
      Milner-Brannagan-Ibe
      Origi

Subs- Migs, Sakho, Clyne, Can, Lallana, Firmino, Benteke
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #11: Nov 02, 2015 10:34:59 am
      5 days between games is a luxury brilliant stuff. ;D

Changes will happen with the wknd EPL game in mind, shame tex cant play, Origi will probably come back in for sure.

Lovren will start, I would like Bogdan to start but I doubt that, Mings has not really done much wrong to warrant being dropped for Europa games.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Re: Pre-Match: Rubin Kazan v Liverpool Europa League Thurs 5th Nov 18:00KO
      Reply #12: Nov 02, 2015 01:18:29 pm
      Really mate? We need to score and without those lads you mentioned, we have no chance of scoring.

I know Aussie, for sure I won't play Benteke but I do not want them to get injured. Klopp will play some of them for sure.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #13: Nov 02, 2015 02:31:59 pm
      I wonder if the glass man will be ready for this as we were told weeks ago it was just a little knock to the knee.

There again a little knock to the knee is usually a couple of games for most players but probably a couple of months for Sturridge   :)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #14: Nov 02, 2015 08:15:59 pm
      Quote from bigmick
      It's a game we could do with winning really, and as such I'd put a decent team out. My feeling is that another win (making it three on the bounce) would be worth it

Good to see that Klopp has sold you the benefits of playing in Europe on a Thursday night, when nobody else could. :laugh:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15: Nov 02, 2015 08:45:03 pm
      I know Aussie, for sure I won't play Benteke but I do not want them to get injured. Klopp will play some of them for sure.

I don't want anyone getting injured either mate but we have to progress out of the group stages and we are going to need to score to do that.

Maybe give him another run out after 60 minutes if the situation warrants it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16: Nov 02, 2015 08:50:18 pm
      We've got this. Going into the game buzzing from stuffing the Chavs, with confidence comes results.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #17: Nov 02, 2015 09:17:35 pm
      Tad early for me too, however, just for the hell of it, I'd go........

Bogdan
                 Clyne  Skrtle Sakho  Moreno
                                   Lucas
                     Milner  Coutinho  Emre
                          Firmino
                                      Benteke

Bench; Mignolet, Lovren, Randall, Allen, Chirivella, Lallana, Sinclair

If we want to progress we need a win, play closest to a full strength side as possible, I'm not sure yet another draw will be good enough come the end of the group stage,

We need to stop fannying around ( Brendan esque) and make our intentions known, I want us to have a full on attack in this tourney, fed up F***ing about pretending we want to go far yet put out a piss poor weak side,

So what we have to play Thursday then Sunday, it's not ideal granted but we just need to get on with it, it's time the name Liverpool FC put fear back into Europe, but we won't do that going in half- arsed,

1-2 Redmen

YNWA
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #18: Nov 02, 2015 10:09:20 pm
      We're sat 2nd in the group and we haven't lost a game..
      Get a result on Thursday and we have a home game against the bottom side Bordeaux to look forward to..

Gotta keep the momentum and confidence high going in to this and there's no reason why we can't get the 3 points which would completely change the group standing.

Jürgen will have a plan for this.. and I have full trust in him..
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #19: Nov 03, 2015 04:13:18 am
      As if they are going to be able to handle Benteke. Give the young lads a run out and put the beast upfront to secure the points.

Bogdan
       Randall      Lovren         Sakho         Moreno
                          Can               Allen           
      Milner                   Teixera                       Ibe
                                    Benteke
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #20: Nov 03, 2015 08:25:44 am
      We have to progress in this competition and to do that we need to put out a strong team. There is no need to get the players fired up as Jürgen Klopp has done that already as we saw in the Chelsea match. We cannot afford to treat this match lightly and it is important that we win. Go the REDS .
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #21: Nov 03, 2015 08:42:46 am
      I m not sure what importance we are putting on this competition but for me its good chance to get into the CL if we win it and we do have a good enough squad to win it. People will be saying that top 4 will be the bench mark for us but I think that's pretty unrealistic considering the start we've had TBH. Klopp is a good manager but he's not a miracle worker and the rest of this season should be getting the squad into his philosophy ready for next season. Don't get me wrong if things go our way and we do get top 4 I'd take it but I'm not banking on it. So I'd like to see a strong side in this one but use the squad of course. If we can get through this group by using the squad then the next phase has to be taken seriously.

Bogdan

Randel        lovren          Sakho      Enrique

Can                  Allen

Ibe                    Firmino               Origi

Benteke
      dflfc1
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts | 18 
      Reply #22: Nov 03, 2015 05:12:24 pm
      Hopefully our star performers get a rest and a few young players get a chance. Would like to see:

Bogdan
      Randall Skrtel Lovren Moreno
                Allen Chivrella
        Milner    Brannagan    Ibe
                     Benteke

Bench: Fulton, Clyne, Sakho, Can, Firmino, Origi, Sinclair
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #23: Nov 03, 2015 05:28:37 pm
      I don't want to call this one a "must win," but a win here does ease a hell of a lot of the pressure of getting out of the group. Would be nice to get 3 points here and then wrap of qualification at Anfield against Bordeaux.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #24: Nov 03, 2015 07:10:23 pm
      Looks like the boss is taking EL seriously, I for one am glad.

@LivEchoLFC: Nobody left behind: Klopp will take strong #LFC squad to Russia for Rubin Kazan test https://t.co/punWaJwE0N https://t.co/avixYKeh7z
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25: Nov 03, 2015 07:42:02 pm
      Looks like the boss is taking EL seriously, I for one am glad.

@LivEchoLFC: Nobody left behind: Klopp will take strong #LFC squad to Russia for Rubin Kazan test https://t.co/punWaJwE0N https://t.co/avixYKeh7z

He's from the school of "If we're in it, we want to win it" rather than the school of "Ffs not another competition to deal with"  ;)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #26: Nov 03, 2015 08:27:51 pm
      Oh no ! Not another must win game
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #27: Nov 03, 2015 08:37:54 pm
      Oh no ! Not another must win game

Every game is a must win
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #28: Nov 03, 2015 10:09:43 pm
      Heard Rubin Kazan had beaten that Anzhi at the weekend so was a bit concerned - but then I saw that Anzhi were bottom of the league!

(Off topic I know but what happened there?!)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #29: Nov 03, 2015 10:19:19 pm
      Heard Rubin Kazan had beaten that Anzhi at the weekend so was a bit concerned - but then I saw that Anzhi were bottom of the league!

(Off topic I know but what happened there?!)

Economic circumstances, the owner of Anzhi pulled the plug so they had to sell all their best players.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #30: Nov 04, 2015 08:12:54 am
      I am sure Klopp will play a strong enough team to play away
      Can't see him resting many of the players who dumped the chavs
      maybe benteke ,coutinho, lucas, and clyne will be rested ..that's my opinion

its not a must win game but a win now will probably give us a chance to maybe rest more players when playing at home
      the sooner we qualify the better for our squad rotation,, look at city they  qualified  yesterday , so if they want they can rest almost all the first teamers for the next 2 games in Europe , and that will help them a lot , in regards injuries and the league

YNWA

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31: Nov 04, 2015 09:41:14 am

Agreed Mick... After all, we often saw the 'cry' that we weren't taking this competition seriously enough (in earlier games) when a "weakened" team was selected.

I reckon we should go flat out to win the game, the group and the trophy. It's an shorter route (to what so many now think of as the holy grail - CL football) than the league.  ;)

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #32: Nov 04, 2015 10:23:29 am
      There will be changes, but not many, Lovren will defo play, he needs games & Sahko is injury prone so could be rested, maybe the young LB again, cant remember his name of top of my head.

Joe Allen & Origi maybe starts.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #33: Nov 04, 2015 10:39:21 am
      Tad early for me too, however, just for the hell of it, I'd go........

Bogdan
                 Clyne  Skrtle Sakho  Moreno
                                   Lucas
                     Milner  Coutinho  Emre
                          Firmino
                                      Benteke

Bench; Mignolet, Lovren, Randall, Allen, Chirivella, Lallana, Sinclair

We need to stop fannying around ( Brendan esque) and make our intentions known, I want us to have a full on attack in this tourney, fed up f**king about pretending we want to go far yet put out a piss poor weak side,

Good team Billy.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #34: Nov 04, 2015 02:22:35 pm
      Isn't the Rubin captain still suspended ?
      It'll help if he is, he was proving to be a bit of a handful before he got sent off.
      This won't be easy, but we will be helped by the players buying into Klopps work rate ethics.
      Think we will come away with at least a draw, and hopefully a win. Klopp does seem to favour a strong side rather than the back up players.
      As carra said, once we've qualified, then we should be thinking of maybe resting a few.
      Looking forward to this one, expecting more progress.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 306 posts | 43 
      Reply #35: Nov 04, 2015 02:32:28 pm
      So we've travelled with a full strength squad, youngsters Chirivella, Brannagan and Fulton have also travelled!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #36: Nov 04, 2015 02:33:46 pm
      Added bonus for those that don't know this one is on BT showcase freeview channel 59.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37: Nov 04, 2015 02:59:16 pm
      I think this could very well be a tough game, and I kind of hope it is because that will tell us a lot more about progression, but perhaps more importantly, how the team are responding mentally to Klopp.
      I suppose you could even say that the team/squad needs adversity and to be tested.

It'll be very interesting to see how we approach the game as well.

Critics of Klopp argue that his coaching is one dimensional and has too much focus on energy and pressing, but personally I disagree because he's shown tactical flexibility and awareness in just a short time with us.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38: Nov 04, 2015 02:59:47 pm
      Added bonus for those that don't know this one is on BT showcase freeview channel 59.

Cheers mate!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #39: Nov 04, 2015 03:47:01 pm

That would be fantastic for me if it was the late ko, but I'm at work till 8pm so yet again I'm missing the game  >:(
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #40: Nov 04, 2015 03:59:32 pm
      I think this could very well be a tough game

Sorry to pick just that line from your post mate but I think it'll be an easy win. 

The players, were still getting to grips with Brendan leaving, a new manager arriving and the change in how we were being asked to play.  Now we've got some of our injured players back and our patterns of play have improved massively since those early days, we should be able to get the required 3 points.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41: Nov 04, 2015 04:10:13 pm
      Sorry to pick just that line from your post mate but I think it'll be an easy win. 

The players, were still getting to grips with Brendan leaving, a new manager arriving and the change in how we were being asked to play.  Now we've got some of our injured players back and our patterns of play have improved massively since those early days, we should be able to get the required 3 points.

I'm going by history as much as anything, and Russia is never an easy place to go.
      Of course the traveling is a lot better now than it used to be, but we saw at our place that they're not mugs, and with the home crowd, they could very well make it tough for us.

Having said that, I do expect us to win, just not for it to be easy.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #42: Nov 04, 2015 04:16:29 pm
      I'm going by history as much as anything, and Russia is never an easy place to go.
      Of course the traveling is a lot better now than it used to be, but we saw at our place that they're not mugs, and with the home crowd, they could very well make it tough for us.

Having said that, I do expect us to win, just not for it to be easy.

The win is all that matters at the end of the day mate  ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #43: Nov 04, 2015 04:22:47 pm
      The win is all that matters at the end of the day mate  ;)

Too right :D

The progression in attitude and mentality is what I'm hoping to see, but it's not really that big a deal, more of how I gauge the team building process, and in that respect, Klopp has done really well.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #44: Nov 04, 2015 04:34:40 pm
      Too right :D

The progression in attitude and mentality is what I'm hoping to see, but it's not really that big a deal, more of how I gauge the team building process, and in that respect, Klopp has done really well.

Absolutely mate.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #45: Nov 04, 2015 06:18:51 pm
      Reds...

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▀█ ▒█▄░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀█ ░░ ▒█░░▒█
      ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░░░ ▒█░░▒█ ▒█▒█▒█ ░▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀ ▒█▄▄▄█
      ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▄█ ▒█░░▀█ ▒█▄▄▄█ ░░ ░░▒█░░

Let's F***ing GO!

(Excuse the ASCII art)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #46: Nov 04, 2015 08:20:25 pm

Fed up being in it just to play fringe players Skip, another factor of a diluted Liverpool side, Shanks, Bob, Joe and Bugsy would rip into you if that attitude was employed back in the day,
      Is it any wonder no one takes us serious in Europe,

I want my club back on the top not only domestically but in Europe too, I want teams shitting bricks at the very thought of facing us in Europe, not since Rafa have we looked anywhere near the prestige we once held for years, our Royalty status no longer applies,

So it's refreshing to see Jürgen taking a a strong squad over to face Ruban, we're going there for the win and that exactly the attitude employed by our forefathers in Europe, don't see many arguing about their successes thru the decades, do you ?

YNWA

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #47: Nov 04, 2015 08:43:02 pm

Fed up being in it just to play fringe players Skip, another factor of a diluted Liverpool side, Shanks, Bob, Joe and Bugsy would rip into you if that attitude was employed back in the day,

I want my club back on the top not only domestically but in Europe too, I want teams shitting bricks at the very thought of facing us in Europe, not since Rafa have we looked anywhere near the prestige we once held for years, our Royalty status no longer applies,

So it's refreshing to see Jürgen taking a a strong squad over to face Ruban, we're going there for the win and that exactly the attitude employed by our forefathers in Europe, don't see many arguing about their successes thru the decades, do you ?

YNWA

Every word Billy mate ... every word .
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #48: Nov 04, 2015 09:43:06 pm
      Put out the best team possible. Score 3 in the first half, then play a little keep ball to save the legs for Palace. Simple :)
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #49: Nov 04, 2015 10:41:48 pm
      I'd give Bogdan a game. He deserves it and keeps the pressure on Mignolet
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #50: Nov 04, 2015 10:43:30 pm
      Expecting a full strength side here.

A win here means we can qualify for the next round in our 5th game.  Lose and it's out of our hands.

Get out of our group and you'd like to think Anfield could do something in each home leg to get us close to a final.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #51: Nov 04, 2015 10:56:11 pm
      We can easily put out a full strength team here and the weekend v Palace as they will have the international break to recover especially so for Migs, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Firmino, Coutinho and origi.
      Also This early in the season should not be too much of stretch for the first teamers to play in such a short time.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #52: Nov 04, 2015 11:58:46 pm
      We can easily put out a full strength team here and the weekend v Palace as they will have the international break to recover especially so for Migs, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Firmino, Coutinho and origi.
      Also This early in the season should not be too much of stretch for the first teamers to play in such a short time.

Personally I'd rather Bogdan in goal for it.

Can't wait for this game to start, it's great being able to feel optimistic going into games again. We got this.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #53: Nov 05, 2015 12:15:04 am
      Where is this game being played in Russia? Anybody know if we're at Rubans ground or a different venue? Just trying to think if we're playing on grass or plastic.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #54: Nov 05, 2015 12:44:20 am
      It's being played in their new stadium but I fear they have still gone with an artificial pitch
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #55: Nov 05, 2015 07:46:14 am
      1-1 draw anyone? :P
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #56: Nov 05, 2015 09:39:47 am
      Hearing Randall had a knock in training, so guess Clyne will start again.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #57: Nov 05, 2015 11:21:40 am
      There will be changes, but not many, Lovren will defo play, he needs games & Sahko is injury prone so could be rested, maybe the young LB again, cant remember his name of top of my head.

Joe Allen & Origi maybe starts.

On the contrary, he doesn't.  ;D
      jonny888
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      Reply #58: Nov 05, 2015 12:25:09 pm

I wonder what that is for those who only have Branson cable tv?   :'(

Phew!! Panic over, it is channel 529 (BTS Euro HD).  ;D
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #59: Nov 05, 2015 12:36:55 pm

YNWA

This, this and more of this.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #60: Nov 05, 2015 12:54:59 pm
      Great to see us take this seriously, think we'll win this game.

I know the result against Chelsea has given a lot of hope for top 4 but it still remains a difficult task. This is a trophy we can definitely compete for and there's  no point in getting to the end of the year and then thinking what if. The right choice is to play a team we believe can win the game.

Jürgen spot on again, but as we saw when they went down to 10 men they're no mugs when it comes to defensive organisation and shape. We can't surrender a lead to them and expect to come back easily, patience will be key. Give them nothing and be clinical, if we get the first early enough then we might be able to take advantage when they push out.

Looking forward to this game, it's so nice to go into the games with such optimism and hope, loving every second of this.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #61: Nov 05, 2015 01:52:05 pm
      its such a refreshing feeling looking forward to games again.Winning is the best habit to have so I fully expect us to go there and dominate after the game against Chelsea as spirits must be very high.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #62: Nov 05, 2015 02:12:10 pm
      Team news yet ?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #63: Nov 05, 2015 02:13:37 pm
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #64: Nov 05, 2015 03:25:26 pm
      Feeling quietly confident about the game. Confidence will be high and I imagine the players are buzzing to get out there. 2-0 win.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #65: Nov 05, 2015 03:31:59 pm
      Tis time for an away win in Europe c'mon the redmen.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #66: Nov 05, 2015 04:18:42 pm
      We really should be beating these guys, if we can show some class like we did against the chavs then I fancy a 2-0 win to us.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #67: Nov 05, 2015 04:25:08 pm
      Would start with Texeira and Ibe. Give other youngsters a chance. Shame Ojo is out on loan
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #68: Nov 05, 2015 04:25:50 pm
      For the 100th time tex is not in the Europa squad. ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #69: Nov 05, 2015 04:30:54 pm
      Would start with Texeira and Ibe. Give other youngsters a chance. Shame Ojo is out on loan

Joao Teixeira is ineligible.
      The young lads Pedro Chirivella, Cameron Brannagan and back-up keeper Ryan Fulton have all travelled.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #70: Nov 05, 2015 04:48:55 pm
      Lovren starts with Sahko Allen in for Lucas, and Ibe starts.

Very strong team. Ibe is the only youngster.

Big Ben & Firmino start again.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #71: Nov 05, 2015 04:50:40 pm
      For the 100th time tex is not in the Europa squad. ;D

Didn' t know that. I'll pass that info around :D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #72: Nov 05, 2015 04:51:34 pm
      Didn' t know that. I'll pass that info around :D

no worries dude. ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #73: Nov 05, 2015 05:04:15 pm
      Pre Match Locked.

In game thread found by clicking this http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,48214.0.html

Quick Reply