Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Pre-Match: Rubin Kazan v Liverpool Europa League Thurs 5th Nov 18:00KO

Read 11260 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,896 posts | 4967 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre-Match: Rubin Kazan v Liverpool Europa League Thurs 5th Nov 18:00KO
      Reply #46: Nov 04, 2015 08:20:25 pm

Fed up being in it just to play fringe players Skip, another factor of a diluted Liverpool side, Shanks, Bob, Joe and Bugsy would rip into you if that attitude was employed back in the day,
      Is it any wonder no one takes us serious in Europe,

I want my club back on the top not only domestically but in Europe too, I want teams shitting bricks at the very thought of facing us in Europe, not since Rafa have we looked anywhere near the prestige we once held for years, our Royalty status no longer applies,

So it's refreshing to see Jürgen taking a a strong squad over to face Ruban, we're going there for the win and that exactly the attitude employed by our forefathers in Europe, don't see many arguing about their successes thru the decades, do you ?

YNWA

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #47: Nov 04, 2015 08:43:02 pm

Fed up being in it just to play fringe players Skip, another factor of a diluted Liverpool side, Shanks, Bob, Joe and Bugsy would rip into you if that attitude was employed back in the day,

I want my club back on the top not only domestically but in Europe too, I want teams shitting bricks at the very thought of facing us in Europe, not since Rafa have we looked anywhere near the prestige we once held for years, our Royalty status no longer applies,

So it's refreshing to see Jürgen taking a a strong squad over to face Ruban, we're going there for the win and that exactly the attitude employed by our forefathers in Europe, don't see many arguing about their successes thru the decades, do you ?

YNWA

Every word Billy mate ... every word .
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #48: Nov 04, 2015 09:43:06 pm
      Put out the best team possible. Score 3 in the first half, then play a little keep ball to save the legs for Palace. Simple :)
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #49: Nov 04, 2015 10:41:48 pm
      I'd give Bogdan a game. He deserves it and keeps the pressure on Mignolet
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,574 posts | 6915 
      Reply #50: Nov 04, 2015 10:43:30 pm
      Expecting a full strength side here.

A win here means we can qualify for the next round in our 5th game.  Lose and it's out of our hands.

Get out of our group and you'd like to think Anfield could do something in each home leg to get us close to a final.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #51: Nov 04, 2015 10:56:11 pm
      We can easily put out a full strength team here and the weekend v Palace as they will have the international break to recover especially so for Migs, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Firmino, Coutinho and origi.
      Also This early in the season should not be too much of stretch for the first teamers to play in such a short time.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #52: Nov 04, 2015 11:58:46 pm
      We can easily put out a full strength team here and the weekend v Palace as they will have the international break to recover especially so for Migs, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Firmino, Coutinho and origi.
      Also This early in the season should not be too much of stretch for the first teamers to play in such a short time.

Personally I'd rather Bogdan in goal for it.

Can't wait for this game to start, it's great being able to feel optimistic going into games again. We got this.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #53: Nov 05, 2015 12:15:04 am
      Where is this game being played in Russia? Anybody know if we're at Rubans ground or a different venue? Just trying to think if we're playing on grass or plastic.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #54: Nov 05, 2015 12:44:20 am
      It's being played in their new stadium but I fear they have still gone with an artificial pitch
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #55: Nov 05, 2015 07:46:14 am
      1-1 draw anyone? :P
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #56: Nov 05, 2015 09:39:47 am
      Hearing Randall had a knock in training, so guess Clyne will start again.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #57: Nov 05, 2015 11:21:40 am
      There will be changes, but not many, Lovren will defo play, he needs games & Sahko is injury prone so could be rested, maybe the young LB again, cant remember his name of top of my head.

Joe Allen & Origi maybe starts.

On the contrary, he doesn't.  ;D
      jonny888
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #58: Nov 05, 2015 12:25:09 pm
      Added bonus for those that don't know this one is on BT showcase freeview channel 59.

I wonder what that is for those who only have Branson cable tv?   :'(

Phew!! Panic over, it is channel 529 (BTS Euro HD).  ;D
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #59: Nov 05, 2015 12:36:55 pm

YNWA

This, this and more of this.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #60: Nov 05, 2015 12:54:59 pm
      Great to see us take this seriously, think we'll win this game.

I know the result against Chelsea has given a lot of hope for top 4 but it still remains a difficult task. This is a trophy we can definitely compete for and there's  no point in getting to the end of the year and then thinking what if. The right choice is to play a team we believe can win the game.

Jürgen spot on again, but as we saw when they went down to 10 men they're no mugs when it comes to defensive organisation and shape. We can't surrender a lead to them and expect to come back easily, patience will be key. Give them nothing and be clinical, if we get the first early enough then we might be able to take advantage when they push out.

Looking forward to this game, it's so nice to go into the games with such optimism and hope, loving every second of this.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #61: Nov 05, 2015 01:52:05 pm
      its such a refreshing feeling looking forward to games again.Winning is the best habit to have so I fully expect us to go there and dominate after the game against Chelsea as spirits must be very high.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #62: Nov 05, 2015 02:12:10 pm
      Team news yet ?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #63: Nov 05, 2015 02:13:37 pm
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #64: Nov 05, 2015 03:25:26 pm
      Feeling quietly confident about the game. Confidence will be high and I imagine the players are buzzing to get out there. 2-0 win.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #65: Nov 05, 2015 03:31:59 pm
      Tis time for an away win in Europe c'mon the redmen.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #66: Nov 05, 2015 04:18:42 pm
      We really should be beating these guys, if we can show some class like we did against the chavs then I fancy a 2-0 win to us.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #67: Nov 05, 2015 04:25:08 pm
      Would start with Texeira and Ibe. Give other youngsters a chance. Shame Ojo is out on loan
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #68: Nov 05, 2015 04:25:50 pm
      For the 100th time tex is not in the Europa squad. ;D

Quick Reply