Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Honeymoon Liverpool

Read 20036 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Honeymoon Liverpool
      Nov 04, 2015 11:08:48 pm
      Hopefully it's alright to post this here! As some in the Facebook realm are aware, I am now an engaged man :) (As a side-note, yes JD and co. you're invited :D Appreciate the kind words).

Due to our relationship being a cross-continental one, we're having to slap together a wedding a lot sooner than we would usually plan - but it's all coming together beautifully for a nice February 21st wedding in Portland, Oregon.

However! My lovely Fiancé presented me a honeymoon option that tickled my fancy. Lying in bed the other day she said "well we could do Bora Bora" (which I've always wanted to go) - but then she said "Ooorrrr" and pointed at the big Bill Shankly flag I have hanging in my room. Which obviously she had me at "Orrrr"  ;D

Having double-checked a few times that this would indeed be as fun for her as me (she does love her footy, actually quite the handy player) I looked up the schedule and see that on the 27th Feb there is the home derby v the blueshite, then a few days later a home match vs City. One could not ask for a better little run of games for a honeymoon trip to base around.

Of course, at this point I'm stumped as I have no F***ing idea the best way to get tickets and all. Know they are not on sale yet but being the games I know they'll be high demand and that we it could be hard to get. SOOOO I'm putting the call out to my Red brethren - tips/assistance/anything to help us plan the best F***ing honeymoon of all time?

Can't wait to finally meet up with some for a pint or ten as well!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: Honeymoon Liverpool
      Reply #1: Nov 04, 2015 11:18:25 pm
      Of course, at this point I'm stumped as I have no f**king idea the best way to get tickets and all. Know they are not on sale yet but being the games I know they'll be high demand and that we it could be hard to get

I'm sure somehow we will be able to sort you out! Tickets should go on sale end of this month or start of next - always the option of hospitality as a last ditch resort too!

Congratulations again on your engagement!  Enjoy the planning!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2: Nov 04, 2015 11:23:04 pm
      Congrats Big V, as JD said, sure we'll be abe to sort you out one way or another, looking forward to meeting you and yours  8)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Nov 04, 2015 11:31:05 pm
      Hopefully it's alright to post this here! As some in the Facebook realm are aware, I am now an engaged man :) (As a side-note, yes JD and co. you're invited :D Appreciate the kind words).

Due to our relationship being a cross-continental one, we're having to slap together a wedding a lot sooner than we would usually plan - but it's all coming together beautifully for a nice February 21st wedding in Portland, Oregon.

However! My lovely Fiancé presented me a honeymoon option that tickled my fancy. Lying in bed the other day she said "well we could do Bora Bora" (which I've always wanted to go) - but then she said "Ooorrrr" and pointed at the big Bill Shankly flag I have hanging in my room. Which obviously she had me at "Orrrr"  ;D

Having double-checked a few times that this would indeed be as fun for her as me (she does love her footy, actually quite the handy player) I looked up the schedule and see that on the 27th Feb there is the home derby v the blueshite, then a few days later a home match vs City. One could not ask for a better little run of games for a honeymoon trip to base around.

Of course, at this point I'm stumped as I have no f**king idea the best way to get tickets and all. Know they are not on sale yet but being the games I know they'll be high demand and that we it could be hard to get. SOOOO I'm putting the call out to my Red brethren - tips/assistance/anything to help us plan the best f**king honeymoon of all time?

Can't wait to finally meet up with some for a pint or ten as well!

Congratulations mate.

As far as tickets go, I think you'd be incredibly lucky, particularly against the Bitters. Back for my 21st we were due to play the Bitters and Cas managed to sort a couple of tickets for me, at the expense of herself and Kenny if I remember rightly..unfortunately the game was later moved to midweek due to us getting to the Carling Cup final and I wasn't able to get it off work.

Other than a massive stroke of luck or an incredibly generous gesture/help from a season ticket holder, I think you'd be unlikely to get a ticket.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Nov 04, 2015 11:46:58 pm
      Congratulations mate.

As far as tickets go, I think you'd be incredibly lucky, particularly against the Bitters. Back for my 21st we were due to play the Bitters and Cas managed to sort a couple of tickets for me, at the expense of herself and Kenny if I remember rightly..unfortunately the game was later moved to midweek due to us getting to the Carling Cup final and I wasn't able to get it off work.

Other than a massive stroke of luck or an incredibly generous gesture/help from a season ticket holder, I think you'd be unlikely to get a ticket.

I remember that Ben, such a shame for you that it was moved, I will more than likely have at least one spare ticket but I'm sure Dave will need two, tickets for the second half of the season come up for sale w/b 16th November...watch this space  ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5: Nov 05, 2015 01:19:16 am
      Had considered that it would be incredibly hard for those two. However being the special occasion, in both our first times to a game and most importantly, the honeymoon, we're prepared to do whatever it takes to get to the games and do it right. So if last resort is hospitality then that'll be the case! Appreciate any advice and help from on the ground there though, will keep eyes on that second half release and all. Extra pints for all! :D

And yeah not sure the then wife will appreciate being ditched for the game :D
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #6: Nov 05, 2015 03:46:36 am
      Had considered that it would be incredibly hard for those two. However being the special occasion, in both our first times to a game and most importantly, the honeymoon, we're prepared to do whatever it takes to get to the games and do it right. So if last resort is hospitality then that'll be the case! Appreciate any advice and help from on the ground there though, will keep eyes on that second half release and all. Extra pints for all! :D

And yeah not sure the then wife will appreciate being ditched for the game :D

I was blessed to be looked after by a lovely and awesome forum poster in the identical scenario as yours Dave.

Went to Anfield for the first time on our honeymoon Sept 2013 I would suggest you spend a few days at least in Liverpool lovely city lots to see and do there!

P.S Congrats on the engagement mate!

P.P.S My condolences you poor b***ard! :)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #7: Nov 05, 2015 07:45:29 am
      I showed the fiancé that one and she laughed :D

Yeah I we both definitely want to see the city a bit while we're there, may look in to the real nice tour packages for Anfield and all that in between. As well as some boozing and fun and whatever. But yeah, the games is what we're all about for those few days. Probably even embrace being the fuckers with jerseys that say "Just Married" :D

Seriously though, appreciate the kind words from all and the help - this thread may get a workout for the next few months!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8: Nov 05, 2015 09:24:00 am
      Congrats on the engagement mate and what an awesome honeymoon you're planning.

Knowing how amazing Liverpool fans are I'm certain, in fact I'd put money on you getting tickets and I don't bet.   

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9: Nov 05, 2015 08:39:48 pm
      oh mate you know the three stages.Engagement ring,wedding ring ,suffering.
      Congratulations mate.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #10: Nov 06, 2015 01:54:00 pm
      Thanks very much guys!

oh mate you know the three stages.Engagement ring,wedding ring ,suffering.
      Congratulations mate.

She asked me, so saved me one of the rings ;) I do plan on still getting the ring though :D
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #11: Nov 07, 2015 09:24:15 am
      Best Wishes to you both,I will do my best to see if I can obtain a pair of tickets for yez!.I have various friends who may not be able to attend these games so they give me their seats to sell on at face value,if any do arise for said games I'll make sure your names on them.
      Best of Luck El Batez.
      P's you can stay in touch through fb also Allan Bates and Lfc Tickets fb would be glad to add you.
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2015 09:36:10 am by el batez, Reason: Missed out P\'s!. »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #12: Nov 07, 2015 12:08:55 pm
      Congrats mate. Well, unlucky.

Definitely look in to The Shankly Hotel for accommodation. Not sure of cost but if the bar and restaurant area is anything to go by then I'm sure it would be a quality place to stay.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #13: Nov 07, 2015 02:54:55 pm
      Thanks very much guys!

She asked me, so saved me one of the rings ;) I do plan on still getting the ring though :D

good for you mate nothing quite like a good woman in your life.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #14: Nov 07, 2015 05:01:52 pm
      I don't know if it makes a difference, but if we play in Europe before the Everton game, the Everton and City home games will be moved to the next day.

Even if we don't, it's quite likely tv will move them to the next day anyway.  The current dates shown are not confirmed.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #15: Nov 07, 2015 05:09:37 pm
      On ya mate, congratulations and the best of luck to you both.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #16: Nov 08, 2015 12:02:04 am
      Best Wishes to you both,I will do my best to see if I can obtain a pair of tickets for yez!.I have various friends who may not be able to attend these games so they give me their seats to sell on at face value,if any do arise for said games I'll make sure your names on them.
      Best of Luck El Batez.
      P's you can stay in touch through fb also Allan Bates and Lfc Tickets fb would be glad to add you.

Appreciate that mate! Will keep in touch.

Congrats mate. Well, unlucky.

Definitely look in to The Shankly Hotel for accommodation. Not sure of cost but if the bar and restaurant area is anything to go by then I'm sure it would be a quality place to stay.

First one I looked at :D Very real possibility, price dependent of course.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but if we play in Europe before the Everton game, the Everton and City home games will be moved to the next day.

Even if we don't, it's quite likely tv will move them to the next day anyway.  The current dates shown are not confirmed.

Have taken that in to consideration in planning so certainly won't be looking to book flights out immediately after games. Of course will be around for Everton, but going to give a day or two break at least post-City in case of that. Appreciate the tip though!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17: Nov 08, 2015 06:04:55 am
      Congrats BigV...made up for you and the missus.

Maybe you can stay at Brendan's old place...heard it's up for rent.  :D
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #18: Nov 08, 2015 11:20:56 pm
      If you are not flying direct into Liverpool and training it from London I suggest you get on to the Virgin train tickets as soon as possible as the prices can fluctuate from day to day and sky rocket if you buy them on the day or the day before. Paid 150 quid for 2 x one way day before the match same tickets would have cost me 40 quid had I bought them a week earlier...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #19: Nov 09, 2015 01:40:35 am
      Cheers Aussie :D

Hoping to just go straight into LPL, but if we do go that way then appreciate the tip - will likely book it all up ASAP so will be sorted with plenty of time to spare.

Question RE: Match tickets. Is it worth myself getting a membership to try and get on to the tickets myself, and how many tickets can be bought on one membership. I'd possibly get one if that would help, as the 10% discount on merch will probably make up for it anyways by the time I've taken myself and the missus through the store :D Just wondering if it'll help in any significant way on the ticketing front.

EDIT: A bit of googling led me to the offals FAQ which it appears it is only one ticket per membership, as I had assumed but. Still, if it makes it much more likely to get tickets I may go for a couple for us still. Any advice welcome!

EDIT #2: Also, is there any ticket reseller websites that people know are legit as far as getting tickets? Obviously the prices are shithouse going that way, but if needed then just want to know what people think.
      « Last Edit: Nov 09, 2015 02:28:24 am by bigvYNWA »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #20: Nov 09, 2015 02:50:55 am

Hoping to just go straight into LPL, but if we do go that way then appreciate the tip - will likely book it all up ASAP so will be sorted with plenty of time to spare.

Question RE: Match tickets. Is it worth myself getting a membership to try and get on to the tickets myself, and how many tickets can be bought on one membership. I'd possibly get one if that would help, as the 10% discount on merch will probably make up for it anyways by the time I've taken myself and the missus through the store :D Just wondering if it'll help in any significant way on the ticketing front.

EDIT: A bit of googling led me to the offals FAQ which it appears it is only one ticket per membership, as I had assumed but. Still, if it makes it much more likely to get tickets I may go for a couple for us still. Any advice welcome!

EDIT #2: Also, is there any ticket reseller websites that people know are legit as far as getting tickets? Obviously the prices are shithouse going that way, but if needed then just want to know what people think.

Don't think any of the reseller sites are legit mate.

I did observe when I went in September two dodgy looking fellas trying to tout some tickets minutes before kick off.

Don't know how legit their tickets were or how they were obtained but I imagine a high profile game like City or Everton they would be asking for an arm and a leg.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #21: Nov 09, 2015 02:49:38 pm

Dave, regarding membership, it won't be worth it for you as you need credits on the card from previous matches to qualify for big games anyway.

Steer clear of any ticket sellers and I mean any, just don't trust them, the only way you will be guaranteed  tickets would be to go down the hospitality route http://hospitality.liverpoolfc.com/ it's not cheap by any means but for the games your looking at it might be that or nothing, at least then you'd know you were you stood....
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #22: Nov 10, 2015 07:02:01 pm
      Quote from bigvYNWA
      Have taken that in to consideration in planning so certainly won't be looking to book flights out immediately after games. Of course will be around for Everton, but going to give a day or two break at least post-City in case of that. Appreciate the tip though!

Fair enough.

I have only stayed overnight on once, for the game against Derby in October 1990. It was worth it though as the 2-0 win put us well clear at the top of the table with 24 points from 8 games, and it was only a matter of time before No. 19 was wrapped up.

It's still only a matter of time...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #23: Nov 11, 2015 04:08:13 am
      Dave, regarding membership, it won't be worth it for you as you need credits on the card from previous matches to qualify for big games anyway.

Steer clear of any ticket sellers and I mean any, just don't trust them, the only way you will be guaranteed  tickets would be to go down the hospitality route http://hospitality.liverpoolfc.com/ it's not cheap by any means but for the games your looking at it might be that or nothing, at least then you'd know you were you stood....

No worries, I had wondered as much. Appreciate that!

Yeah I hadn't seen anything that looked reputable by any means so was wary, now will very much swerve them. Love reseller sites in the US, but sounds like they just don't have anything like that there.

Re: Hospitality, if you know - do all of the second half games go on sale for hospitality at the same time (16th Nov) as the members second half sale? Want to get on to them ASAP as we have booked our flights over so it's definitely happening! :D F***ing excited is an understatement.

In Liverpool from the 25th Feb through 4th March, so hopefully the 27th derby and 1st game against City don't get moved anything to dramatic, as we shall be at both!

EDIT: I will say I have factored in a 4-figure number in my budgeting for the games, so very understanding of potential cost of hospitality. Fact is a trip like this is very hard to get, and may not get another chance for a few years after. Considering the fixtures have lined up nicely for us to fit a couple in in a short period of time, I'm really not at all worried by the price - in the sense that I will not worry about it for our situation. The prices of english football are F***ing highway robbery.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #24: Nov 11, 2015 07:12:18 am

Yeah I hadn't seen anything that looked reputable by any means so was wary, now will very much swerve them. Love reseller sites in the US, but sounds like they just don't have anything like that there.

Re: Hospitality, if you know - do all of the second half games go on sale for hospitality at the same time (16th Nov) as the members second half sale? Want to get on to them ASAP as we have booked our flights over so it's definitely happening! :D F***ing excited is an understatement.

In Liverpool from the 25th Feb through 4th March, so hopefully the 27th derby and 1st game against City don't get moved anything to dramatic, as we shall be at both!

EDIT: I will say I have factored in a 4-figure number in my budgeting for the games, so very understanding of potential cost of hospitality. Fact is a trip like this is very hard to get, and may not get another chance for a few years after. Considering the fixtures have lined up nicely for us to fit a couple in in a short period of time, I'm really not at all worried by the price - in the sense that I will not worry about it for our situation. The prices of english football are f**king highway robbery.

There's always El Batez et al.....
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #25: Nov 11, 2015 07:33:27 am

Indeed! Getting all options on the table with the games they are just to make sure. When it comes to the honeymoon and the missus at my side, gotta at least look like I'm a bit more organized :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #26: Nov 11, 2015 10:24:26 am

EDIT: I will say I have factored in a 4-figure number in my budgeting for the games, so very understanding of potential cost of hospitality. Fact is a trip like this is very hard to get, and may not get another chance for a few years after. Considering the fixtures have lined up nicely for us to fit a couple in in a short period of time, I'm really not at all worried by the price - in the sense that I will not worry about it for our situation. The prices of english football are F***ing highway robbery.

Tbh Dave, I'm not sure about that, but I would think they do.

Also bear in mind that there's a possibility of a Wembley League Cup final at the end of Februrary, if we get there of course  :-\

You may also borrow my members card to get your 10% discount  ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #27: Nov 11, 2015 10:41:37 am
      Capital One final is on 28th February Dave, so if we do reach the final, the Everton game will be moved, just be aware of this hun.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #28: Nov 11, 2015 11:09:29 am
      Tbh Dave, I'm not sure about that, but I would think they do.

Also bear in mind that there's a possibility of a Wembley League Cup final at the end of Februrary, if we get there of course  :-\

You may also borrow my members card to get your 10% discount  ;)

Capital One final is on 28th February Dave, so if we do reach the final, the Everton game will be moved, just be aware of this hun.

Wow, had not even thought of that! Been so focused on the games in Liverpool, the cup had slipped my mind. Do you think the City game on the 1st would still be around that time?

As for the Cup final, if/when we make it - we'll be there instead then ;D I mean we're in Liverpool/UK from 25th through the 4th March, so we'll be wherever the mighty reds are!

Also, appreciated, you're the best :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #29: Nov 11, 2015 11:17:28 am
      Wow, had not even thought of that! Been so focused on the games in Liverpool, the cup had slipped my mind. Do you think the City game on the 1st would still be around that time?

As for the Cup final, if/when we make it - we'll be there instead then ;D I mean we're in Liverpool/UK from 25th through the 4th March, so we'll be wherever the mighty reds are!

Also, appreciated, you're the best :D

I know, when I looked at your dates, I thought, oh, that's going to be around the final if we get there...and the city game is likely to be moved too as the final is on the sunday so we won't play on the Tuesday night, might only be moved to the wednesday though instead...we will have to wait and see, I just didn't want you booking hospitality or anything for those two games and they move them.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #30: Nov 11, 2015 11:35:10 am
      I know, when I looked at your dates, I thought, oh, that's going to be around the final if we get there...and the city game is likely to be moved too as the final is on the sunday so we won't play on the Tuesday night, might only be moved to the wednesday though instead...we will have to wait and see, I just didn't want you booking hospitality or anything for those two games and they move them.

Appreciate the heads up on that. I'll have a think about what I wanna do on that front, because on the one hand don't want to miss out on tickets if they don't make it and I just sat waiting too long, but if they do make it then.. yeah. I'll see, maybe someone here will just get some nice hospitality tickets for the bitters if we end up making the final and we head on down there instead :D Given ourselves until the 4th after City, so if it is moved by a day or two then we'll be okay there.

MsGerrard
      Reply #31: Nov 11, 2015 11:55:17 am
      All eyes on the Southampton game then on 2nd December Dave  :gt-happyup:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #32: Nov 11, 2015 11:11:03 pm
      All eyes on the Southampton game then on 2nd December Dave  :gt-happyup:

Indeed - c'mon you Reds! :D

Email reply from LFC Hospitality this morning telling me all second half matches do indeed go on sale in a couple days. Thinking I may just get them on anyway, and then if we do make the final then any matches that we then can't go to I'll just sell off at face value. All we wanna do is get to wherever the Reds are in that time we're in the UK, no matter what it takes.

So I guess next question would be: If/when we make the final, how am I getting tickets for that? :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #33: Nov 12, 2015 09:13:12 pm
      Indeed - c'mon you Reds! :D

Email reply from LFC Hospitality this morning telling me all second half matches do indeed go on sale in a couple days. Thinking I may just get them on anyway, and then if we do make the final then any matches that we then can't go to I'll just sell off at face value. All we wanna do is get to wherever the Reds are in that time we're in the UK, no matter what it takes.

So I guess next question would be: If/when we make the final, how am I getting tickets for that? :D

Let's see if we get there first Dave  ;D the correct way though will be based on previous attendance of earlier games, but of course there's always other ways if your prepared to pay of course  :P

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #34: Nov 13, 2015 12:16:32 am
      Let's see if we get there first Dave  ;D the correct way though will be based on previous attendance of earlier games, but of course there's always other ways if your prepared to pay of course  :P

What's this "IF" business eh? ;D Assumed that would be the way, unfortunately I won't have any previous games (as much as I'd love to :D) So yes, if the final does eventuate we will be prepared to pay :D Going to pick up the Everton and City tickets as I said, and if those games don't happen then I'll sell them off at face value to help fund final tickets, or donate to anyone here who is able to help snag a couple final tickets :) So yeah, plans somewhat in place. Just not gonna book hotels until I know where the lads will be :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #35: Nov 13, 2015 09:59:05 am
      Tickets for Everton & Man City = SORTED  ;D :scarf: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :ernaehrung004:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #36: Nov 13, 2015 02:15:17 pm
      Tickets for Everton & Man City = SORTED  ;D :scarf: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :ernaehrung004:

Nice one Dave....made up for ya la  8)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #37: Nov 13, 2015 02:59:33 pm

Fantastic news mate, I'm made for you both.

Will try to get over for a meet up whilst your here  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #38: Nov 13, 2015 08:17:29 pm

How did you wangle that?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #39: Nov 13, 2015 10:36:27 pm
      Nice one Dave....made up for ya la  8)

Fantastic news mate, I'm made for you both.

Will try to get over for a meet up whilst your here  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Cheers! :D Defo wanna see as many people as possible while there!

Sold a few organs, put the missus on the corner - got hospitality tickets :D

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #40: Nov 18, 2015 09:29:05 am

Yeah, best strategy might be to arrive Friday and maybe even leave Tuesday.  It will likely be an early kick off on the Saturday or Sunday - couldn't see it being the Monday 8pm game but it can't be guaranteed I suppose.  We have started having evening games against them recently.  Wasn't the 4-0 at night?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #41: Nov 18, 2015 04:09:30 pm
      Cheers! :D Defo wanna see as many people as possible while there!

Sold a few organs, put the missus on the corner - got hospitality tickets :D

Congrats bud!

Hospitality tickets are in the lower wing of the centenary stand as far as I'm aware, got those tickets for the United game a few years back. We were first row and right beside the Kop when I brought the aul fella to that game. Hope you and the missus have a blast!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #42: Nov 19, 2015 09:14:12 am
      Yeah, best strategy might be to arrive Friday and maybe even leave Tuesday.  It will likely be an early kick off on the Saturday or Sunday - couldn't see it being the Monday 8pm game but it can't be guaranteed I suppose.  We have started having evening games against them recently.  Wasn't the 4-0 at night?

Yeah the 4-0 was a Monday nighter I reckon - think I watched it in one of my local college pubs because night kickoffs were perfect for a lunchtime beer session on west coast USA :D Figure if the City fixture is to still happen in that week though it'll likely be the Saturday still? Guess we'll only know for sure once our league cup destiny is sorted!

Already have plans to arrive on Thursday the 25th (doing the Anfield Experience and all on the Friday 26th most likely) and then flights out from LPL are the 4th of March, so a good week there to cover the matches and a bit of sight seeing!

Congrats bud!

Hospitality tickets are in the lower wing of the centenary stand as far as I'm aware, got those tickets for the United game a few years back. We were first row and right beside the Kop when I brought the aul fella to that game. Hope you and the missus have a blast!

Think ours are in the Lower Annie Road end - went the slightly cheaper end of the hospitality packages as they were pricey enough as it was :D We're guaranteed in the ground, so I'm absolutely pumped!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #43: Nov 19, 2015 09:59:59 am

They're all over the place now.  Number of hospitality packages now are amazing.  You can almost be given a picnic blanket and a packet of sandwiches and told to sit down on the grass in Stanley Park.

Think ours are in the Lower Annie Road end - went the slightly cheaper end of the hospitality packages as they were pricey enough as it was  We're guaranteed in the ground, so I'm absolutely pumped!

I did actually manage to get two tickets for the derby that I was going to offer to you but I guess I can go now!! ;)
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #44: Nov 19, 2015 11:17:22 am
      The 4-0 was an originally scheduled Tuesday night game.

This season, if it's moved that week, it will be the 1.30pm on Sunday, which will automatically push the City game to the Wednesday. If the derby is postponed, it will be a Tuesday/Wednesday gig later in the season.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #45: Nov 19, 2015 10:34:31 pm

I did actually manage to get two tickets for the derby that I was going to offer to you but I guess I can go now!! ;)

That's very much appreciated all the same mate! But now we can have a beer or ten before the match and both go :D

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #46: Nov 20, 2015 06:14:55 am
      Both myself and the fiance loved the little message at the top of the forum page, cheers ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #47: Jan 26, 2016 10:35:18 pm
      Well alrighty then. Looks like I have a couple hospitality packages for whenever the derby is shifted to move on, and need a couple tickets for a trip to Wembley! :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #48: Jan 27, 2016 04:26:58 am
      Booked our hotel, will be staying at 62 Castle St from the 25th of Feb through 4th March! Seems to be right in the thick of the action there. Also thinking about getting tickets to the Europa League match for that night of the 25th since we get in at 3pm that day, should be able to dump bags and get to the game in time I would think!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,097 posts | 8521 
      Reply #49: Jan 27, 2016 03:33:25 pm
      Booked our hotel, will be staying at 62 Castle St from the 25th of Feb through 4th March! Seems to be right in the thick of the action there. Also thinking about getting tickets to the Europa League match for that night of the 25th since we get in at 3pm that day, should be able to dump bags and get to the game in time I would think!

Yeah plenty of time.

Dump bags, get to Anfield, find boozer, relax and few bevvies and then enjoy the match ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #50: Jan 27, 2016 10:29:01 pm
      Yeah plenty of time.

Dump bags, get to Anfield, find boozer, relax and few bevvies and then enjoy the match ;)

Scarily close to what I said to the missus yesterday. :D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #51: Jan 27, 2016 10:32:15 pm
      Scarily close to what I said to the missus yesterday. :D

I can possibly get one ticket to you, think of it as a wedding gift, if you want it. Wish I could do more, though you can get hospitality for about £170 for both of you.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #52: Jan 27, 2016 10:36:30 pm
      I can possibly get one ticket to you, think of it as a wedding gift, if you want it. Wish I could do more, though you can get hospitality for about £170 for both of you.

Appreciate that Rodders, too kind mate. As it turns out I got hospitality tickets last night, so we're all sorted :) If you're around we'll make sure to catch up for a brew!
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #53: Jan 28, 2016 05:12:19 pm
      Just stumbled across this post, firstly congrats and secondly do you need tickets for the Europa on the Thursday or have you got hospitality tickets for that too? I'm only asking as might have 2 of my 4 tickets spare (good seats on Kop) my mate and his lad can't make it with being early k.o. Let me know if your interested.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #54: Jan 29, 2016 07:51:39 am
      You better come equipped with Energizer  for getting there. It is a 6pm ko remember, so that the mancs can play their game at the standard UK UEFA Cup ko time. :f_steam:

The other semi final result means we have two games against City in 4 days. As for the derby, we'll have a game in hand for later in the season, which could be vital. The neighbours saw the game postponed after our win, then had the weekend off altogether after they lost.  :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #55: Jan 29, 2016 12:00:27 pm
      You better come equipped with Energizer  for getting there. It is a 6pm ko remember, so that the mancs can play their game at the standard UK UEFA Cup ko time. :f_steam:

The other semi final result means we have two games against City in 4 days. As for the derby, we'll have a game in hand for later in the season, which could be vital. The neighbours saw the game postponed after our win, then had the weekend off altogether after they lost.  :D

He's an Aussie, mate that time sh*t don't bother him.  :lmao:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #56: Feb 08, 2016 11:04:58 pm
      Just stumbled across this post, firstly congrats and secondly do you need tickets for the Europa on the Thursday or have you got hospitality tickets for that too? I'm only asking as might have 2 of my 4 tickets spare (good seats on Kop) my mate and his lad can't make it with being early k.o. Let me know if your interested.

Hey mate, sorry just saw this! Do have hospitality tickets already, however be happy to deal them away for a couple Kop ones if they're still up for grabs? Appreciated!

He's an Aussie, mate that time sh*t don't bother him.  :lmao:

AR is right :D

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #57: Feb 09, 2016 04:33:04 am
      PS. Due to high cost and all, decided against trying to spend my inheritance on final tickets - as much as it breaks my heart since I'll be so close. But, have booked two nights in Barcelona to see Barca play Sevilla on the night of the 28th. Flights, hotel, game tickets = cheaper than a couple tickets for the final, without even getting to booking travel to London and hotels!

So anyone have any advice for getting on the piss in Barcelona for the final then? Any reds bars/clubs/etc down there?
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #58: Feb 11, 2016 01:24:20 pm
      Sorry mate tickets gone now hope you have a great time.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #59: Feb 11, 2016 03:42:20 pm

My office is literally a minute away at 7 Water Street bud so available for a beverage on the weekdays. Failing that, if you need anything by way of directions, types of pub, types of places to eat, etc, etc, then just give me a shout and I'll gladly help you out. I love all that sh*t ;)

I'll DM you my number before you come mate.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #60: Feb 12, 2016 02:56:27 am
      My office is literally a minute away at 7 Water Street bud so available for a beverage on the weekdays. Failing that, if you need anything by way of directions, types of pub, types of places to eat, etc, etc, then just give me a shout and I'll gladly help you out. I love all that sh*t ;)

I'll DM you my number before you come mate.

BigV - WAHS knows his way around the city. If you meet up with him, you just might see a former player or two. He helped me while I was in the city of where to eat and have a few beers. You will definitely have fun in the city.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #61: Feb 13, 2016 09:07:37 am
      BigV - WAHS knows his way around the city. If you meet up with him, you just might see a former player or two. He helped me while I was in the city of where to eat and have a few beers. You will definitely have fun in the city.

Too right, took me to a great real ale place when I met up with him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,097 posts | 8521 
      Reply #62: Feb 26, 2016 02:32:35 pm
      Hope the happy couple had a good one  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #63: Feb 27, 2016 06:42:27 pm
      Did indeed! Been a flat out few days, but absolutely loving it 😄

Anyone have plans for a few ales before City at Anfield Wednesday?
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #64: Mar 01, 2016 06:14:57 am
      Shall be in the Arkles mate,would love to meet up.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #65: Mar 01, 2016 07:42:32 am
      I'm around town from 1pm today having a few scoops so give us a shout if you fancy a beverage BigV.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #66: Mar 02, 2016 04:49:29 pm
      Just seen this now! In Sandon currently, WAHS if not around for game I'll be around the city centre for a bev tomorrow! Wifi was down at the hotel this morning, cu*ts.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #67: Mar 05, 2016 05:54:05 pm

Only just seen this mate. Hope you both enjoyed your time in Liverpool.

Take care bud.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #68: Mar 05, 2016 06:08:53 pm
      Just seen this now! In Sandon currently, WAHS if not around for game I'll be around the city centre for a bev tomorrow! Wifi was down at the hotel this morning, cu*ts.

Couldn't you have stayed a liitle longer bigv, we're unbeaten whilst you've been here !!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #69: Mar 05, 2016 06:18:51 pm
      Looks like you've been having an amazing time David! Lucky charm whilst you've been in Liverpool.

Quick Reply