Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.9%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      14 (12.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      7 (6.2%)
      Emre Can
      2 (1.8%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.8%)
      Jordon Ibe
      76 (67.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      5 (4.4%)
      Christian Benteke
      2 (1.8%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (0.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Voting closed: Nov 12, 2015 08:04:59 pm

Rubin Kazan 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate

Read 22982 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Rubin Kazan 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #437: Nov 06, 2015 03:52:59 pm
      See apart from draw away and keep a clean sheet at Tottenham, win 3-1 away at Chelsea and win away with a clean sheet in Europe we've done f*ck all so far since Klopp arrived.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #438: Nov 06, 2015 04:01:26 pm
      I discuss games how I see them and don't exaggerate like many posters on here all because they were desperate to sack Brendan and now feel they have to justify themselves and make out we're playing champagne football which is rubbish.

Last night we dominated the game but created very little against a very poor side. We had a lot of the ball but did little with it.

So for the time being I'll delay myself from going over the top and saying how great we are and so on. I'll see how we do against Palace first who in my opinion will be Klopps toughest test since he arrived.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #439: Nov 06, 2015 04:02:21 pm
      See apart from draw away and keep a clean sheet at Tottenham, win 3-1 away at Chelsea and win away with a clean sheet in Europe we've done f*ck all so far since Klopp arrived. Klopp out.  >:(

Should be in Knee Jerk thread (& I have added the missing words you were thinking of).  ;D
      « Last Edit: Nov 06, 2015 04:14:48 pm by RobieSlick »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #440: Nov 06, 2015 04:19:39 pm
      if you didnt enjoy the Chelsea result or last nights result and feel the need to pick holes in the performance you must need f***in counselling.
      This is a results business and Jürgen is the man to get us results.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #441: Nov 06, 2015 04:24:00 pm
      I hope some of the lads heaping praise on Ibe (who was excellent) remember this performance in the future when he inevitably has a sh!te period which all young players do. He's an excellent prospect, although IMHO nowhere near at the same level as the fella we got 49 million quid for, @rsehole or not, he really IS a player. I just wish some of our fans would be a little less knee-jerky. It seems sometimes it's only the old c**** on the forum (we know who we are) who are a) prepared to cut players a little slack when they don't play too well and b) not go completely overboard when they do.

some of us have been saying this lad could be better than Sterling for some time but our previous manager fu**ed with his head and he didnt know if he was a wing back a winger or a dingbat.
      This lad is special and like the jurgenmeister has said he has a very good base to create a very good player. I think we may find a couple more like him.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #442: Nov 06, 2015 05:06:18 pm
      I discuss games how I see them and don't exaggerate like many posters on here all because they were desperate to sack Brendan and now feel they have to justify themselves and make out we're playing champagne football which is rubbish.

Last night we dominated the game but created very little against a very poor side. We had a lot of the ball but did little with it.

So for the time being I'll delay myself from going over the top and saying how great we are and so on. I'll see how we do against Palace first who in my opinion will be Klopps toughest test since he arrived.

I'm sorry but you do.

We will F***ing batter teams next season with BR managing us. Not a doubt in my mind.

He has another 12 months for me. Won't be any excuses this time next year. But he won't need them. We'll be the champions.

Bet you're glad you never took that bet now aren't you?

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #443: Nov 06, 2015 06:11:20 pm
      I'm sorry but you do.

Bet you're glad you never took that bet now aren't you?

I thought we would challenge under Brendan again until he signed benteke and then made my feelings clear on here about that.

I don't exaggerate anything. After last nights performance you would think we went to Madrid and were tactically brilliant and won 5-0 coming on here seeing the comments.

The performance last night was good in terms of dominating possession but it was not different to a Brendan performance. We were still poor in the final third.

20+ attempts, 1 goal.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6365 
      Reply #444: Nov 06, 2015 06:14:13 pm

What an absolute load of dong.

Last year's title winners isn't a big enough challenge eh? At their ground.

I wish you were just taking the piss, it would at least make some sense.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6365 
      Reply #445: Nov 06, 2015 06:14:59 pm
      The performance last night was good in terms of dominating possession but it was not different to a Brendan performance. We were

Really? When's the last time we won in Europe under him?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6365 
      Reply #446: Nov 06, 2015 06:24:36 pm
      The LFC win over FC Rubin is the furthest east an English team has won in UEFA comps beating Spurs win in Makhachkala.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #447: Nov 06, 2015 06:38:06 pm
      What an absolute load of dong.

Last year's title winners isn't a big enough challenge eh? At their ground.

I wish you were just taking the piss, it would at least make some sense.

At the time we played them they were 15th in the league, 3rd in their CL group, out the league cup.

I expected us to go there and win and we did.

Besides, that has nothing to do with us being poor in the final third last night which my opinion we were. If you think we weren't fair enough, I'm saying in my opinion we were, why is that such a big deal for you to accept?

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #448: Nov 06, 2015 07:00:53 pm
      At the time we played them they were 15th in the league, 3rd in their CL group, out the league cup.

I expected us to go there and win and we did.

Besides, that has nothing to do with us being poor in the final third last night which my opinion we were. If you think we weren't fair enough, I'm saying in my opinion we were, why is that such a big deal for you to accept?

Poor in the final third but we could quite easily have won 5-0 or more.

Milner off the bar.
      Clear penalty on Can.
      Milner volley on the edge of the box.
      Firmino running in from the left edge of the box clear shot on goal.
      Ibe that produced an amazing save on the line by their keeper.
      The overhead clearance that prevented Benteke having a tap in.
      Firmino's two shots from the right hand side that weren't executed well but were decent chances

Then add to that we didn't conceded a proper shot on target and looked in control for 85 minutes of the match at least.

You're a hard guy to please considering it's 3 wins on the spin, we're unbeaten since Klopp joined and this is with an injury crisis to our strikeforce.

Truthfully fella you just sound like you're out for a moan because your mate Brendan got the bullet and rightfully so, everybody is talking about us in a positive sense, the players can't keep the grins off their faces and we're all fighting together why not just enjoy it?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #449: Nov 06, 2015 07:07:44 pm
      firstly, wanting Dortmund to beat Liverpool in this hypothetical final sugggest you aren't a Liverpool fan. That's fine since this board welcomes fans of other teams, but it's not okay to publicly say that you want us to lose... it's okay for example, an arsenal fan to congratulate us for beating Chelsea...etc.... I would  personally rather Liverpool win to secure champions leagues qualification. Lastly, having 21 likes from 14 posts suggests you must be making duplicate accounts. I think someone has way to much time in there hands. What kind of person makes over 20 accounts on a forum for a team they don't even  support. Very odd indeed.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #450: Nov 06, 2015 07:13:17 pm

Milner off the bar.
      Clear penalty on Can.
      Firmino's two shots from the right hand side that weren't executed well but were decent chances

Then add to that we didn't conceded a proper shot on target and looked in control for 85 minutes of the match at least.

You're a hard guy to please considering it's 3 wins on the spin, we're unbeaten since Klopp joined and this is with an injury crisis to our strikeforce.

Truthfully fella you just sound like you're out for a moan because your mate Brendan got the bullet and rightfully so, everybody is talking about us in a positive sense, the players can't keep the grins off their faces and we're all fighting together why not just enjoy it?
      You could add a few moments, such as Ibe's direct shot which eventually was saved in the second-half.

I wonder, if we had performed like that with Rodgers, would he still think that we were "poor" in the final-third? I believe not.

Everyone can see, that it was more of a case of poor finishing(Plus good defending and goalkeeping) rather being poor in the final-third.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #451: Nov 06, 2015 07:30:07 pm

After last nights performance you would think we went to Madrid and were tactically brilliant and won 5-0 coming on here seeing the comments.

Sorry, case closed.

I'm letting this go.

I know from previous experience you find it difficulty to concede you may actually be wrong.  Believe in what you wish.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #452: Nov 06, 2015 07:30:23 pm
      I was as pro Brendan Rodgers as the next man, but he deserved to go and this fella is a massive upgrade. That's not slating Brendan off either, I think this fella would be a massive upgrade on just about anybody. It doesn't mean Brendan was a terrible manager, but a blind man can see this blokes different class.

Time to get on the train and get with the programme. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #453: Nov 06, 2015 07:36:13 pm
      I was as pro Brendan Rodgers as the next man, but he deserved to go and this fella is a massive upgrade. That's not slating Brendan off either, I think this fella would be a massive upgrade on just about anybody. It doesn't mean Brendan was a terrible manager, but a blind man can see this blokes different class.

Time to get on the train and get with the programme.

Same here.
      I actually voted for BR to go in the summer poll if we could get Klopp in, purely because I rate the bloke so highly.

Time to forget the past and look to the future, and that includes the people who cannot help still having snidey digs at the ex manager.

He's gone, we have a new and exciting chapter starting, and as Klopp says, we need to help the players believe by believing in them ourselves.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #454: Nov 06, 2015 07:36:32 pm
      keep on getting these mongs mentioning expectations and performances but i havent seen anyone say we will win the league or that we have been outstanding. The most outrageous comment suggests we are improving and there will be some set backs along the way but the future is looking a lot better and players seem to have responded very well to him. Nobody mentioned beating Real Madrid  or titles so its all self indulgent clap trap nothing more.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #455: Nov 06, 2015 07:41:52 pm
      I really do wonder sometimes whether people would be proven right more than they would rather see the team win.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #456: Nov 06, 2015 08:26:49 pm

Milner off the bar.
      Clear penalty on Can.

I was very much behind Brendan just like I was every Liverpool manager bar hodgson. The weeks leading to his sack though I stated several times on here it was his time to go. So don't know why your being immature saying he's my mate or whatever it was you said, just because I don't think we performed amazingly last night and that in my opinion we haven't had a proper test under Klopp yet - which I think will come on Sunday.

I came on here and said the performance wasn't as brilliant as a lot of people made out. Listing chances missed in the final third just proves my point you dope, Not yours. We were toothless and yet again lacked a real goal scoring edge. Our goal actually came from a moment of individual brilliance and some ahocking defending by their centre half. It wasn't as if we cut them open.

Its slowly getting better week by week but I'm not going overboard and making out we play like Barca. 

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #457: Nov 06, 2015 08:31:35 pm
      firstly, wanting Dortmund to beat Liverpool in this hypothetical final sugggest you aren't a Liverpool fan. That's fine since this board welcomes fans of other teams, but it's not okay to publicly say that you want us to lose... it's okay for example, an arsenal fan to congratulate us for beating Chelsea...etc.... I would  personally rather Liverpool win to secure champions leagues qualification. Lastly, having 21 likes from 14 posts suggests you must be making duplicate accounts. I think someone has way to much time in there hands. What kind of person makes over 20 accounts on a forum for a team they don't even  support. Very odd indeed.

Some man you Ripa! Never fail to make me laugh!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #458: Nov 07, 2015 12:18:46 pm
      I´m a little bit astonished by your comment.
      I never made any secret of beeing a Borussia Dortmund supporter.
      I also communicated that I always liked Liverpool FC very much.
      Even more since Jürgen Klopp is your new manager.
      Meanwhile I watch every LFC game whenever it´s shown on german pay-tv.
      I´m nearly as enthusiastic about an LFC win as about a BVB win.
      I felt there is somewhat like a connection beetwenn LFC and BVB supporters.
      They´re both loving and supporting their teams from the deep of their hearts.

Probably more than any other supporters on the world to that extent.
      I thought that my contributions of experience with JK would be of interest here.
      As might be my opinions of LFC games as a german follower.
      That´s why I started writing some posts on this board.
      And up to now I was given the feeling to be welcome.
      I would be pleased that you are able to agree or at least accept.
      By the way: I might be a bit mentally disorderd but I never use any duplicate accounts.  :D
      27 likes from 15 posts. One more post and 6 more likes in a day! You must be the best poster on the forum. Congratulations on that. Anyway, it's great that you respect Liverpool, but I don't get this connection thing... every fan says they have their football team in their hearts. Notts County and Juventus have a connection for example, since Notts County supplied Juventus with football tshirts when they first became a football team. I can't say as a Liverpool fan I have felt a connection with another team though.. maybe the closest thing to a connection are other teams that sing YNWA.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #459: Nov 07, 2015 01:45:59 pm
      27 likes from 15 posts. One more post and 6 more likes in a day! You must be the best poster on the forum. Congratulations on that. Anyway, it's great that you respect Liverpool, but I don't get this connection thing... every fan says they have their football team in their hearts. Notts County and Juventus have a connection for example, since Notts County supplied Juventus with football tshirts when they first became a football team. I can't say as a Liverpool fan I have felt a connection with another team though.. maybe the closest thing to a connection are other teams that sing YNWA.

Some man

Quick Reply