Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre Match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace Sun 8th November 16:00KO

Read 7940 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 309 posts | 43 
      Pre Match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace Sun 8th November 16:00KO
      Nov 06, 2015 10:12:26 am
      After our excellent performance against Rubin, on Sunday we host Alan Pardew's Crystal Palace.

They sit 1 point and 2 positions below us, in 10th.

Palace have been our bogey side since they won promotion 2 seasons ago, and last season they beat us 3-1 at Anfield.

This season we are going to be a much harder side to beat. We have confidence and are looking solid at the back.

I don't expect there will be many changes from the Rubin game:

Mignolet

Clyne
      Skrtel (c)
      Sakho
      Moreno

Lucas
      Emre Can

Ibe
      Coutinho
      Lallana

Benteke

Subs: Bogdan; Lovren, Toure; Milner, Allen; Firmino; Origi.

I think Milner needs a rest and I think it will be hard not to start Ibe after his performance last night.

If Milner is rested I expect either Skrtel, Lucas or Sakho will captain the side.

I'm confident about this game, although Palace are a strong side I think we will win this 2-0 - Benteke and Coutinho with the goals.
      « Last Edit: Nov 08, 2015 02:27:58 pm by JD, Reason: Spelt Crystal wrong. »
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Re: Liverpool v Cystal Palace Sun 8th November 16:00KO
      Reply #1: Nov 06, 2015 01:12:13 pm
                    Mignolet
      Clyne  Skrtel  Sahko  Moreno
                    Lucas
           Milner(c) Coutinho
        Firmino             Lallana
                   Benteke

Subs: Bogdan, Lovren, Can, Allen, Ibe, Sinclair, Origi.

Prediction: 3-0 (Clean Sheet)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2: Nov 06, 2015 02:05:35 pm
      A bit of a dilemna do we risk Lucas who is one card away from a ban and he will miss the City game. Looking at the pace of the Palace front 3 that is almost certain.....
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #3: Nov 06, 2015 02:33:39 pm
      A bit of a dilemna do we risk Lucas who is one card away from a ban and he will miss the City game. Looking at the pace of the Palace front 3 that is almost certain.....

I hope we play our strongest team and go for it, deal with who we have available for City when it arrives.

Really looking forward to this game, Palace's pacey frontline will be a real test for the back four but they are looking more and more solid every game. Will be nice to se Benteke from the start in the PL too
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #4: Nov 06, 2015 02:57:55 pm

Lets worry about the 3 points on Sunday and then the rest. I would play him cos 3 points from this fixture is vital in many aspects. I hope Dwight 'destined-to-score-against-us' Gayle is as silent as he has been this season and the Bolasie-Puncheon-Zaha axis is a bit annoying as well. Quite some tracking back to do for our wingers and full backs cos of their pace and Lucas should be busy with Cabaye. I would play

Mignolet
      Clyne-Skrtel-Sakho-Moreno
      Can-Lucas
      Milner-Coutinho-Lallana
      Benteke

Subs- Bogdan, Lovren, Brannagan, Allen, Firmino, Ibe, Origi
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,767 posts | 570 
      Reply #5: Nov 06, 2015 03:12:13 pm
      A world away from end of last season when I think we all thought we would struggle. Now I think we can turn this lot over.

Over rated manager and players, but they are doing ok.

Don't like this lot, they never show us any respect as a club and I would f**king love to smash them 9-0 again
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #6: Nov 06, 2015 03:13:39 pm

No dilemma at all. Lucas plays, if he gets a card he gets a card. Despite the brilliance of Jürgen getting a result at Citeh is going to be a tough ask in any case, pointless resting players for a game we should win so they can play in a game we really probably won't.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #7: Nov 06, 2015 03:29:42 pm
      Very tough game, Palace can't be underestimated. They are on of those teams that can beat anybody on their day, but also lose to anybody too.

Mignolet

Clyne
      Skrtel
      Sakho
      Moreno

Can
      Lucas

Coutinho
      Firmino
      Lallana

Benteke
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #8: Nov 06, 2015 04:25:41 pm
      Cut off the passes to Bolassie, we should be ok.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9: Nov 06, 2015 04:28:34 pm
      No dilemma at all. Lucas plays, if he gets a card he gets a card. Despite the brilliance of Jürgen getting a result at Citeh is going to be a tough ask in any case, pointless resting players for a game we should win so they can play in a game we really probably won't.

we just play our strongest side for every game and lets see where it gets us
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #10: Nov 06, 2015 04:45:18 pm
      Buvac the Brain will set up us up for this one.

Squeeze their wingers and turn them inside .
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #11: Nov 06, 2015 05:35:08 pm
      Haven't been impressed by Can lately and Milner is as poor as they come so this is how I'd set up:

Mignolet

Clyne
      Skrtel
      Sakho (c)
      Moreno

Lucas
      Allen

Ibe
      Firmino
      Coutinho

Benteke
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #12: Nov 06, 2015 05:53:40 pm
      Haven't been impressed by Can lately and Milner is as poor as they come

Wouldn't be against Allen or Milner being tried in Can's position, but where Can lacks in footballing ability, he makes up for it in his physicality and adds that steel and presence in the middle. Difficult choice until Hendo is back imo.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #13: Nov 06, 2015 05:54:35 pm
      Firmino earned a spot as a starter, in my opinion. Milner should be benched.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #14: Nov 06, 2015 06:32:12 pm
      I too haven't been that impressed by emre and also feel that Milner is just trying too hard and is perhaps looking quite battered.

Agree that it's a tough one until we have more options back from injury.
      Would like to see Lucas and Allen.

Up front I think Ibe has to play just to see whether the goal in midweek has drastically improved his confidence.

The back 4 is a easy pick.

Palace are a dangerous team. Can beat anyone on their day.

Would be happy for a scoreless draw but hoping for 2-0 to us. 
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #15: Nov 06, 2015 08:20:05 pm
      No game from now until the end of the season is gonna be easy, home or away..
      I just feel a lot more confident going in to games with the knowledge Jürgen Klopp is our manager and has the capability to overturn teams and make them look normal..
      He's done it in every game in charge of us so far and i don't see things being any different on Sunday.

Our lads are sticking their chests out now when the shirt goes on.

Yes I agree Palace have bestowed Karma on us since we smashed them 9-0 all the those years ago but Jürgen won't be arsed about flicking through the history books to suss out their game.. It's Pardew that has to suss out our game !

It's another packed Anfield full of rising spirit and hope and I can't wait for it..

My only concern is Lucas picking up another yellow. which I think we know he will ;D, and knackering his chances of playing against Man City, when we will really need him in that midfield getting stuck in..

Normal 2-0 win for me..maybe 3..

harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #16: Nov 06, 2015 09:08:15 pm
      I'd expect pretty much the same side we've been playing recently.  The only toss up for me is between Milner or Can for the CM role next to Lucas.  I'd opt for Can because of his physicality and strength on the defensive side of the ball.

Migs
      Clyne - Skrtel - Sakho - Moreno
      Lucas - Can
      Lallana - Firmino - Coutinho
      Benteke

We've looked much more solid defensively,  and I'd expect that team to get at least 1 goal, so I'll plop for a 1-0 win.

If we do manage to win this game (which we should) we will really appear to have turned a corner under Klopp!!! 7 games unbeaten with 4 wins on the trot is pretty damn impressive, no matter who the opposition is.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace Sun 8th November 16:00KO
      Reply #17: Nov 06, 2015 09:35:06 pm
      Not sure why so many people are advocating Milner in midfield, he is just ok out wide and to think he has anything to offer in the middle of the park where you need  a higher level of technical ability.

His only role is out wide or the bench.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #18: Nov 06, 2015 09:48:40 pm
      Not sure why so many people are advocating Milner in midfield, he is just ok out wide and to think he has anything to offer in the middle of the park where you need  a higher level of technical ability.

The problem is that outside of Hendo and Lucas, we don't have anyone with a "higher level of technical ability" capable of playing CM....   :-\
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #19: Nov 06, 2015 09:55:30 pm
      The problem is that outside of Hendo and Lucas, we don't have anyone with a "higher level of technical ability" capable of playing CM....   :-\

Actually we do mate, Texeira can play CM.  I know he's more attack minded than Can but he's disciplined enough to play there.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #20: Nov 06, 2015 10:06:54 pm
      Actually we do mate, Texeira can play CM.  I know he's more attack minded than Can but he's disciplined enough to play there.

Fully agree Tex would do a job as a CM he certainly has the technical ability.

Even though I am not his biggest fan after last night and the way Klopp seems to be getting the best out the players Allen is more suited to playing alongside Lucas than Milner.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #21: Nov 06, 2015 10:25:18 pm

The way I see it with the midfielders we have, Lucas needs tenacious and hard working players next to him to thrive. Can, Milner, Hendo and Allen are industrial players and cover a hell of a lot of ground that Lucas can't, which in turn allows him to be more of a focal point in the deep central areas where technical ability is more predominant.

So whilst Milner isn't the greatest technically, I still feel he is the better player over Can and possibly Allen in the middle.

Fully agree Tex would do a job as a CM he certainly has the technical ability.

But with Tex playing along side Lucas, would that not require Lucas to play more as a traditional DM?
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #22: Nov 06, 2015 10:38:48 pm

Perhaps. I just feel we have enough creativity from our trio of attacking mids. A big part of our recent improvement has been down to our defensive solidity. I think playing Can next to Lucas has been a major factor in that.

Quick Reply