Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pre Match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace Sun 8th November 16:00KO

Read 7942 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace Sun 8th November 16:00KO
      Reply #46: Nov 07, 2015 03:35:32 pm
      count to ten mate take a deepth breath and move on.

Advice taken Walton mate, already moving on, cheers N beers !

YNWA
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #47: Nov 07, 2015 11:28:38 pm
      I hardly call Lucas in form. It is crazy to say he is our most in form player. Riding his luck on getting a red card and getting pick pocketed by Costa and almost costing us a goal is not on form, I would say Mignolet was on form after Lucas made that mistake. A player can do 50 things right in a game but if you're going to do one or two things wrong, they can't be as major as that and still class that player as in form. All this stuff happened shortly after Coutinho's first goal so go back and watch the Chelsea game if you don't know what I am on about.
      You are right to point out those two incidents - they are what stopped his performance from being a 10/10 - but he was the key reason we dominated Chelsea's midfield that day. He was still fantastic. The only reason to not play him tomorrow is because he collects more cards than whatever the name of the guy in Yu gi oh is called, and we don't want him to get the 5th card ban for city.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #48: Nov 07, 2015 11:52:29 pm
      Remember Milan Baros scoring a hat trick against this lot 11 years back. 2 of them were penalties but we won 3-2 so hey ho!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #49: Nov 07, 2015 11:53:08 pm
      Looking forward to another trip to Anfield tomorrow and hopefully another Klopp win...I'm almost half expecting him to tear off all the way down to the Kop when we score, such is his enthusiasm for LFC and boy how good is it to see  ;D

Won't be easy against Palace tomorrow, but I hope we have enough in our locker to take another 3 points...keep riding that rollercoaster...do you wanna go any faster?? 'You bet I do'  :D

Enjoy the game everyone and come on you mighty redmen  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #50: Nov 08, 2015 05:51:43 am
      Anyone saying that Can gets dropped for Allen needs their head read!

For all his mistakes, Emre provides physicality, drive and passion. Joe is a lightweight and opposing teams know it, and target him. He's a good squad player at best.

Can should continue to improve and Klopp will surely over time, help him eradicate his dead-alley runs and him being too cute with the ball. Can possesses a great passing ability and on his day, a top shot.

He's well built, good height and I can really see Jürgen mould him into a midfield beast.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #51: Nov 08, 2015 09:51:29 am
      Anyone saying that Can gets dropped for Allen needs their head read!

For all his mistakes, Emre provides physicality, drive and passion. Joe is a lightweight and opposing teams know it, and target him. He's a good squad player at best.

Can should continue to improve and Klopp will surely over time, help him eradicate his dead-alley runs and him being too cute with the ball. Can possesses a great passing ability and on his day, a top shot.

He's well built, good height and I can really see Jürgen mould him into a midfield beast.

Agree. See him as a potential VC for the team .

keep riding that rollercoaster...do you wanna go any faster?? 'You bet I do' 
      Enjoy the game everyone and come on you mighty redmen 

Wooooosh    Miss G !
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #52: Nov 08, 2015 10:01:48 am
      I hardly call Lucas in form.   It is crazy to say he is our most in form player. Riding his luck on getting a red card and getting pick pocketed by Costa and almost costing us a goal is not on form, I would say Mignolet was on form after Lucas made that mistake. A player can do 50 things right in a game but if you're going to do one or two things wrong, they can't be as major as that and still class that player as in form. All this stuff happened shortly after Coutinho's first goal so go back and watch the Chelsea game if you don't know what I am on about.

Your posts are becoming increasingly bizarre. It is spiralling to such an extent that I am beginning to consider the possibility that you are either a) a wind up merchant or b) a nutter.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #53: Nov 08, 2015 10:08:56 am
      Just been looking at the table.

We're 9th, we're playing the team that are 10th and even if we get a win and other results go our way the best we can end the day is 8th.  We can't afford any slip ups today because getting in to the top four already needs a good 4 or 5 game run.  Can't make it harder for ourselves.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #54: Nov 08, 2015 10:23:24 am

We're 9th, we're playing the team that are 10th and even if we get a win and other results go our way the best we can end the day is 8th.  We can't afford any slip ups today because getting in to the top four already needs a good 4 or 5 game run.  Can't make it harder for ourselves.

Very true. Not only that, when the players get back from poncing around in International friendlies we go to man City away, it would take a bit of an optimist to expect us to win there. that said, once we've been there our ridiculous opening run of fixtures will have seen us play (all away) Stoke, Spurs, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea. Brendan clearly didn't have any friends amongst the "fixture computer" guys, and we've got to assume things will get easier soon.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #55: Nov 08, 2015 10:33:08 am
      The thing I love most about the boss..........

As a 45yr old father of 2..........getting that feeling back on a match day. You know the one where every minute up to k.o. feels like an hour and every hour like a day.

It's like I'm the same age as my boys again and have that eternal optimism of youth again.

WHY, oh why IS k.o SO far away?!?!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #56: Nov 08, 2015 11:20:01 am
      Spuds v arse good for a draw, we beat palace and we move up a place and only be 1 behind spuds, and waiting to pounce and drag them back.
      Another must win game then !
      As for Rip and his assessment of Lucas!
      When did you last see an outfield player for ANYONE, play 90 mins without making a mistake . As for Migs saving him from costas shot, that's what he's there for you muppet, to stop shots.
      The other 89 mins, Lucas totally fu**ed up chavs midfield, that's why the cheating bas**rds were so determined to get him sent off.
      Think you may be more suited to watching a non contact sport like tennis or golf Rip.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #57: Nov 08, 2015 11:28:31 am

MUST WIN GAME! We are doing the catch up now, no let up.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #58: Nov 08, 2015 11:33:43 am
      The thing I love most about the boss..........

As a 45yr old father of 2..........getting that feeling back on a match day. You know the one where every minute up to k.o. feels like an hour and every hour like a day.

It's like I'm the same age as my boys again and have that eternal optimism of youth again.

WHY, oh why IS k.o SO far away?!?!

Love this post mate..like you I'm buzzing all week...has to be the Jürgen effect...because with Brendan it was like, what sh*t are we going to serve up today? Right now, I'm ready to jump on the field with the lads, get stuck in, and then get a hug of him once we've secured the 3 points.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #59: Nov 08, 2015 11:39:34 am
      I hardly call Lucas in form. It is crazy to say he is our most in form player. Riding his luck on getting a red card and getting pick pocketed by Costa and almost costing us a goal is not on form, I would say Mignolet was on form after Lucas made that mistake. A player can do 50 things right in a game but if you're going to do one or two things wrong, they can't be as major as that and still class that player as in form. All this stuff happened shortly after Coutinho's first goal so go back and watch the Chelsea game if you don't know what I am on about.
      He is without doubt our most in form player. By a country mile.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #60: Nov 08, 2015 11:44:39 am
      Squeeze their wingers and turn them inside .
      That's the key skip - Moreno & Clyne need to be on top here.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Liverpool v Cystal Palace Sun 8th November 16:00KO
      Reply #61: Nov 08, 2015 11:54:07 am
      Buvac the Brain will set up us up for this one.

Squeeze their wingers and turn them inside .

Squeeze their wingers to the outside.

'Use the sideline like an additional defender'
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #62: Nov 08, 2015 12:02:25 pm
      Supposed team for today's game Mignolet – Clyne, Škrtel, Sakho, Moreno – Emre Can, Lucas – Ibe, Lallana, Coutinho – Benteke.

No surprises apart from maybe Firmino being the one to miss out.

I think this may be Jurgens toughest test so far, to win this game we need to take our chances. I think we will... 2-0 would be a good  result.   
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #63: Nov 08, 2015 12:03:52 pm

Seconded.

Without Lucas - Phil wouldn't have been able to do what he did last week.

Outstanding - love the kid. Would hate to see him in anything but Liverpool Red now.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #64: Nov 08, 2015 12:24:59 pm
      Supposed team for today's game Mignolet – Clyne, Škrtel, Sakho, Moreno – Emre Can, Lucas – Ibe, Lallana, Coutinho – Benteke.

I think this may be Jurgens toughest test so far, to win this game we need to take our chances. I think we will... 2-0 would be a good  result.   

I'd be happy with that X1 S@INT although like you I think Firmino will get the nod over Ibe,

As well as the lad did on Thursday I think Klopp will use him as a impact sub around the hour mark,  by then of course we all hope we're one or two up,

Can see us winning this by 3,

C'mon Redmen

YNWA
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #65: Nov 08, 2015 12:34:35 pm

The 'Emre Can' bit gets me every week, always think it's 2 players :D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #66: Nov 08, 2015 12:36:47 pm
      The 'Emre Can' bit gets me every week, always think it's 2 players :D

Your right mate,.........   ;D

YNWA

He's twice the player Milner is !
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #67: Nov 08, 2015 01:18:03 pm
      I'm gonna miss the game :( No. I have to go and get my grandma out of hospital :) I think I will watch the 2nd half.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #68: Nov 08, 2015 01:29:26 pm
      I'm gonna miss the game :( No. I have to go and get my grandma out of hospital :) I think I will watch the 2nd half.

Mate , no need to miss the game, take your Grandma to the alehouse, tell her you taking her out to lunch, Chicken in a basket, old folk love that, couple of sherries will go down very well, trust me, and while she sleeps it off you can witness Klopp & co demolish the palace,

Happy days !

YNWA

Quick Reply