Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      14 (18.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      7 (9.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      3 (4.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      8 (10.8%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordon Ibe
      23 (31.1%)
      Adam Lallana
      4 (5.4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      12 (16.2%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (1.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: Nov 15, 2015 06:08:50 pm

Liverpool 1-2 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match debate

Read 30690 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #598: Nov 10, 2015 12:45:41 am
      To be honest, if we weren't so poor with our final ball, we'd have been out of sight and their second would have been nothing more than a late consolation goal.  Thought we were the better team, thought Pardew got his tactics spot on though.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,838 posts | 701 
      Reply #599: Nov 10, 2015 07:21:58 pm
      Quote from HamannsTheMan
      I won't talk bollocks and exaggerate about how great we were when we scraped a 1-0 win in Russia. The performance against Rubin worried me and I'm surprised it didn't worry anybody else. I'm surprised nobody else saw just how sh*t we were going forward against a team who are equivalent to Ipswich or somebody like that in terms of quality. Its absolute bollocks.

Kazan are in Europe petty much every year and we were the first English side to beat them out there. Ipswich last qualified for Europe nigh on 15 years ago and been downstairs ever since we beat them in 2002. There is no similarity between them.

Bitterly disappointed with this result, should never have lost it. We battered them all game, just couldn't score. Same against Carlisle, 50 shots at goal and we still needed penalties to win. And to rub it in, my stream was 30 seconds behind all game.

The last two home games were great opportunities to recover earlier ground. Thankfully we're just one point further back after them, but 5 points have been dropped from 2 very winnable home games, rendering the win last week useless. We have to be taking advantage of them to set us up for the glamourous games after Christmas.

The run ends at 12 games. Now we have to sit on the result for two weeks. It will be a long frustrating wait.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #600: Nov 11, 2015 03:47:50 am
      Missed the game due to some reason. Disappointed to see the result, but its expected with the new manager in charge.

Seems like we played well but didn't took our chances well. I'm confident that in the coming days; this will be sorted eventually.
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #601: Nov 11, 2015 06:35:37 pm
      Didn´t manage to comment on the CP game until now.
      Had to deal with my disappointment by the result...
      To my mind it was a classical draw, unfortunately decided by Mignolets mistake.
      I wouldn´t like to blame him too much though for it´s his first one under Jürgen Klopp.
      He might not be a world class keeper, but his performances were at least solid during the past weeks.
      Nevertheless the management will look for other options soon I guess (maybe in Germany...?).
      The LFC performance wasn´t as bad as many board members here have been jugding.
      Again they needed about 15 minutes to really take part in the game.
      After that the lads fighted themselves into the game, won more and more duels and achieved control of the opponent.
      And they finally scored the well deserved equalizer end of first half, again by the blossoming Coutinho.
      There weren´t as many chances as in the games before, but the speed was high and the will was there.
      However, there was a lack in pass accuracy and after 60 to 70 minutes the power diminished, probably owing to the long road trip.
      Chrystal Palace didn´t get many great chances though, except for the winning goal...
      Really bitter the knee injury of this extremely strong Sakho, get well soon, please!
      So how can we evaluate this game and this result?
      I think one shouldn´t jugde from the mere result but rather from the development since JK took over.
      The team defintively plays with more confidence, recovers easier from a deficit, shows some new tactical elements, creates more chances and shows more variability.
      Thus I´m really optimistic about the upcoming games because the lads won´t lose their way under this manager.
      And if some players start doubting JK will put them immediately back on track.
      So let´s go to Sh..y and blast them away!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #602: Nov 11, 2015 08:46:06 pm
      why oh why did we let a kid like that go on loan after paying a fortune for him it just doesnt make anysense whatsoever
      Because B.R. had Joe Allen, and was gonna make that work.   Clear as bell !

Quick Reply